Beware of Reshipping or Parcel Mule Scams
Jul 20, 2014
Jul 17, 2014
Job seekers, beware of work-from-home job offers that claim that you can easily make money reshipping items or goods. Scammers are tricking persons, especially those desperately looking for jobs to earn extra money, into reshipping items or goods that they have bought with stolen cards.
Please continue reading below.
How the Reshipping or Parcel Mule Scams Work
- Scammers recruit their victims (mules) by posting their fake job offers on job recruiting websites, in online advertisements, or in bulk email messages. These job posts and email messages may use names of legitimate companies in order to make the scam more convincing.
- The victims are hired by the scammers and then given instructions on what to do.
- The scammers then go online and purchase expensive goods or items with the stolen cards that they got from other victims, who they have tricked into entering the information on fake or phishing websites, or infected their computers with a Trojan horse, which they use to spy on them from anywhere around the world.
- The purchased items or goods are then shipped to the mules’ home addresses.
- The mules’ then repackage the items or goods and then reship them to the addresses in other countries given to them by the scammers.
- Once the scammers receive the items or goods, they will sell them for cash. This is how scammers convert stolen cards into cash.
- If the police discover the scams, they will trace it back to the victims (mules), who will get arrested.
If you were tricked into one of these scams, please stop immediately and do not be afraid to contact your local authority and explain your circumstances to them. It will be foolish to wait for the police to trace the scam back to you.
Parcel Mule or Reshipping scam is an indirect form of money laundering, since the shipped goods are re-sold.
Here are Some Samples of the Reshipping Email Scam:
WANTED! Packaging processing manager needed (Job #1852)
MAIL PACKAGES from home without leaving your current job. Easy! Ship parcels from our clients. Get paid $24 per parcel.info at our corporate Web site:
Subject: Job opening
Please, have glance at the following proposal.
Picknship incorporated has opened the position of a delivery employee.in the event you have read this letter, that means the online recruiting department administrators have seen your resume online, because our recruitment department is looking for job applicants on the web. Picknship incorporated inc is a European company which is located in Poland (Warsaw). This firm provides retail trade and forwarding of numerous products (mostly modern electronics equipment) and selling it to European clients. We have been quite prosperous in this sphere since 2005.
Subject: We have reviewed your resume on CareerBuilder
We have found your Curriculum Vitae via Careerbuilder job-site. At the moment we expand our business to the USA territory and can offer you a position of Transportation Manager.
The position is mostly about accepting, repacking and sending parcels with the help of the Postal Service all over the world. It’s a work at home job and does not require any start-up costs.
You do not need to relocate and can do this job from a comfort of your home.
The Transportation Manager duties consist of:
Step 1: You receive parcels at your address.
Step 2: You should report to the supervisor about parcels delivered;
Step 3: You should do repackaging according to supervisor instructions;
Step 4: You will receive a prepaid shipping labels to mail the package out
Step 5: You should affix the shipping label provided by your supervisor to the parcel and drop it off at the nearest post-office.
Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below. And, please report malicious, phishing or scam email messages, social media posts and websites to us. You may click here to contact us, or forward the email messages to: email@example.com .
Alert and help your family and friends by sharing this article with them: