Australian Government Department of Human Services Email Scam - “Your 2015 Benefit”
Dec 18, 2015
The email message below: “Your 2015 benefit,” which appears as if it was sent by the Australian Government Department of Human Services, is a phishing scam sent by cyber-criminals to steal their potential victims’ personal and financial information. Once the cyber-criminals have received their potential victims’ information, they will use the information to steal their identities and trick them into sending money. Recipients are of the fake email message are asked to delete it, and should not follow the instructions in it. The Australian Government Department of Human Services will never request personal information via an email message. Also, they will never ask you to transfer money to receive a lump sum payment, ask you to deposit money in order to receive a payment, and will never ask you to deposit money in order to receive a payment or to secure an enrolment in a departmental approved course
Please continue reading below.
The Fraudulent Department of Human Services Email Message
From: Australian Government Department of Human Services
Subject: Your 2015 benefit
The Department of Human Services would like to inform you of your qualification for 2015 subsidy benefit.
In other to affirm your eligibility, simply reply to this secure message with the following details
as listed below & you will be notified shortly.
Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY):
Tax File Number:
Complete Address (Street number & name/Suburb/State/Postcode):
Enter at least 2 of the information listed below correctly
1. Dividends statement (one from the last 2 years) Enter the investment reference number from
your dividend statement (no spaces or ‘/’ symbols, e.g. X0011223344) :
2. Notice of assessment (one from the last 5 years) Enter the date of issue from your notice of assessment (DD/MM/YYYY):
& Enter the sequence or our reference number from your notice of assessment (no spaces) :
3. PAYG summary (one from the last 2 years) Enter the gross amount (no spaces or “$” “.” symbols, e.g. 2400):
4. Superannuation account details (one from the last 5 years) Enter the super fund ABN (numbers only):
& Enter the member account number (no spaces):
5. Centrelink payment summary (one from the last 2 years) Enter the taxable income amount from your Centrelink
payment summary (no spaces or “$” “.” symbols, e.g. 2400):
6. Enter either a bank account your income tax refund was paid into for the last financial year, or an interest bearing investment account from the last 2 years.
Enter Account Number:
Learn how to protect yourself against the growing threat of scams, please click here to learn more on the Australian Government Department of Human Services’ website.
Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below. And, please report malicious, phishing or scam email messages, social media posts and websites to us. You may click here to contact us, or forward the email messages to: email@example.com .
Alert and help your family and friends by sharing this article with them: