Hoax - "Filipino Girl Killed in her Sleep by Headphone Connected To Charging Phone"
Jul 2, 2015
The article: "Girl Killed in her Sleep by Headphone Connected to Charging Phone," is a hoax or is not true. The photo in the article shows a dead young woman in bed with blood oozing from one of her ears has been around since 2010. The first and subsequent articles that the photo appeared in between the year 2010 and 2014 claimed that the young Filipino girl woman killed herself by overdosing on sleeping pills.
Please continue reading below.
The Hoax: "Girl Killed in her Sleep by Headphone Connected To Charging Phone"
SHOCKING! This poor young lady was killed by her headset while in her sleep! A young Filipino girl recharges her phone while her earphone was connected to her both ears and fell asleep. As she was sleeping, the phone overheated, burnt and the electric power went through the earphone and she got
From the original article the following photo was posted with others that are too graphic to show:
The photo shows a table in the same room that the young lady died in with a prescription bottle and what appears to be sleeping pills scattered over it.
It appears someone took the photo from the original article and created the hoax in order to drive web traffic to his/her website or did it for the fun of it.
Please remember that not everything that you read on the internet is true. That is why it is important to check with reputable or popular news websites. The news media giants like CNN, Malaysian National News Agency, MSNBC, Reuters, Al-Jazeera, ABC, New York Times, China News Service and others, would have published this story if it was true.
Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below. And, please report malicious, phishing or scam email messages, social media posts and websites to us. You may click here to contact us, or forward the email messages to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Alert and help your family and friends by sharing this article with them: