Beware of "Australian Government Department of Human Services Qualification for 2016 Subsidy Benefit" Scam
Sep 7, 2016
The email message below, which claims the recipients qualify for the 2016 Australian Government Department of Human Services subsidy benefit, is phishing scam. The scam is being sent by scammers or cybercriminals to trick the recipients into sending them their personal and financial information. No legitimate company or government department is ever likely to ask recipients to supply such information by replying to an email. Therefore, recipients of the same email message should delete it, and should not follow the instructions in it.
Please continue reading below.
The Phishing Australian Government Department of Human Services Email Message
From: Australian Government Department of Human Services [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, 6 September 2016 2:31 PM
Subject: Your 2016 Subsidy benefit - Code: m1sT2
The Department of Human Services will like to inform you of your qualification for 2016 subsidy benefit.
In other to affirm your eligibility, simply reply to this secure message with the following details as listed below & you will be notified shortly.
Given name (first only):
Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy):
Tax File Number:
Complete Address (Street number & name/Suburb/State/Postcode):
Enter at least 2 of the information listed below correctly
1. Dividends statement (one from the last 2 years) Enter the investment reference number from your dividend statement (no spaces or '/' symbols, e.g. X0011223344) :
2. Notice of assessment (one from the last 5 years) Enter the date of issue from your notice of assessment (DD/MM/YYYY):
& Enter the sequence or our reference number from your notice of assessment (no spaces) :
3. PAYG summary (one from the last 2 years) Enter the gross amount (no spaces or "$" "." symbols, e.g. 2400):
4. Superannuation account details (one from the last 5 years) Enter the super fund ABN (numbers only):
& Enter the member account number (no spaces):
5. Centrelink payment summary (one from the last 2 years) Enter the taxable income amount from your Centrelink payment summary (no spaces or "$" "." symbols, e.g. 2400):
6. Enter either a bank account your income tax refund was paid into for the last financial year, or an interest bearing investment account from the last 2 years.
Enter Account Number:
©2016 Commonwealth of Australia | Department of Human Services ABN 90 794 605 008
Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below. And, please report malicious, phishing or scam email messages, social media posts and websites to us. You may click here to contact us, or forward the email messages to: email@example.com .
Alert and help your family and friends by sharing this article with them: