bell Warning! JavaScript is turned off! To take full advantage of our site and functionality, we recommend that you turn it on.
Online Threat Alerts  - Alerting you to scams, malware, fraud, hoaxes and other threats.

Alleged Scamming Website ThinkCreditReports .com

Date: June 21, 2012 5:10 PM - Views: 13,254 - Comments: 37
Alleged Scamming Website ThinkCreditReports .com

Some ex-customers of ThinkCreditReports .com are stating that this website is a scam. It is alleged that they were charged $29.95 for their credit reports without their knowledge. It was also reported that they are using Craigslist to scam job seekers into signing up for memberships and claiming that it is free.

ThinkCreditReports.com Offer Details:

"After your 7-day trial period it's just $29.95 per month for ThinkCreditReports.com. If you decide that the credit and identity monitoring is not for you, you can call ThinkCreditReports.com toll-free at  800-327-2853 within the first 7 days to Cancel, and there will be no further obligation and you will Only have been billed the $1.00 fee for your 3 Bureau Credit Report with no further obligation. In order to ensure continuous monitoring, if you don’t cancel within 7 days you will be billed the monthly membership fee, and then each month thereafter until you cancel. Cancel anytime with no further obligation. "

ThinkCreditReports.com offer details in fine print states that the charge of $29.95 will apply, if the offer is not canceled with-in 7 days.

Here are some of the comments of ex-customers of ThinkCreditReports.com

• "This company is behind a credit report scam seen on craigslist in multiple cities, posting fake apartment ads. Just to get you to click on their link and get a credit report. This is a fraud, don’t fall for it. They will take your information, rip you off, sell it and create identity theft and credit fraud in your name. They charged my credit card 29.95 for a product that was supposed to be free...and I cannot cancel it because no one is answering the phone.. Beware of ads on craigslist and don’t do what I did."

Source: http://www.complaintsboard .com/complaints/Thinkcreditreportscom -pittsburgh-pennsylvania -c414747.html

• "Replied to a job opening from an online job search. They sent me an email back saying how easy the work was & that i was basically hired. All had to do was get them my credit report. So the scam artists put a link in the email which directed me to their website, www.thinkcreditreports .com, where i would have to pay to get my credit report. This is a scam and they should be penalized for preying on job seekers like myself. They should be ashamed of themselves for doing this to people, especially when it is very difficult to get a job these days. I. Being that these days companies do check the job seekers credit report."

• "Think Credit Report. com was used by what I thought could be a future employer. I was mailed to go to their website (URL posted) and get my credit report in order to send it to the 'employer' in less than 24 hours, (telephoned and cancelled the membership that i did not want. The future employer found out it was a scam. Luckily, haven't been hurt by it as yet. However, after noticing our bank account being off by approximately 330 ($29.95), we decided to look into it and investigate since we don't get paper statements anymore. They have taken 5119.80 out of our account! I was told today that out of courtesy they would credit April's charge and would not go back any further."

• "I'm going to get the money because I did cancel before the next day was over no matter what Becky said. Please don't be stupid like I was. I was so desperate to find a job, (did what they asked and now I'm paying for it.

Source: http://www.trustlink .org/Reviews/Think-Credi t-Reports-206402445"

• "Think Credit Report is a scam outfit and they are thieves. started to sign up for their service and after found out that they were a monthly paid for service I didn't check the box on the site that said was willing to pay their fees. The following day I received a phone call from one of their employees who again tried to get me to purchase their services and I told him that did not want or require their services and not to charge my card for the monthly fees that they charge. I told him this on three separate occasions while on this one phone call. Have since been billed for their services that I did not sign up for and now have to go to my bank tomorrow to clear up this mess. My advice is DO NOT do business with this scam/fraudulent company!

Source:http://www.scaminformer .com/scam-report/thinkcreditreport-com -thinkcreditreport-com-applied-to-ad- on-craig-s-list-for-c7556.html"

We do not recommend using www.ThinkCreditReports .com, there are a lot of other websites that offer the same service for free or for a very small price.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below:

Comments or Questions (37)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 3 weeks, 2 days ago

What do I do, they are charging me 29.95!! I want it to stop!! How do I cancel? ~

• Anonymous: 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Try contacting them at:

1-800-975-6432
      5am-6pm (pst) Monday-Friday
      7am-3pm (pst) Weekend days
      Email Support: Support @THINKCreditReports.com ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I WAS SCAMMED by Think Credit Reports to the tune of $239.60. I call the GA consumer bureau, the Calif. bureau also the Think Credit reports and they were told I did not O.K. these transactions.

Where they got my debit card # from I don't know. I stopped all transactions with them at my bank and canceled my card #. I reported it to my ins. co and they are to investigate . Don't be like me watch your bank statement close. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

ThinkCredit is a scam!!! They are charging me $29.95 fee without my consent or knowledge! This is ridiculous I will be contacting Better Business Bureau. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago

I have asked them several times to cancel my account and they still charge me $29.95. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I see I was not the only one being scammed by this ThinkCreditReports outfit...Does anyone know what legal option do we have to have companies such as this stop their fraudulent practices? ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Hi, tried thinkcredit.com. Paid the dollar fee for my free report. Before the end of the seven days before they charge you a monthly fee, i tried calling to cancel. Whenever i called, i either couldn't get through, or the few times i did get through, was on hold for over a half hour each time before hanging up.

On my next credit card statement, i noticed a charge of 28.99. I was outraged. If this happened to you, just call your credit card company and they will not only put a block on your account against this fraudulent company, but in most cases, they will waive the charge.

If you want a truly free credit report without using your credit card, go to creditcarma.com. You will be amazed how much information concerning your credit score. Try it, I guarantee you'll love it. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 2 weeks ago

You can go to each credit reporting agency and pay a small fee for you report, not the monthly fee thinkcreditreports.com want. Please do not waste your money on thinkcreditreports .com. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 1 week ago

I agree. This is a scam. This site popped up when I was trying set up my ProtectMyID account that I received FREE due to a security breach with a company for which I worked. I didn't realize that it was something else and did not understand that I would be charged. I discovered the bill of $29.95 on my bill and called in January. Then they billed me again on Jan. 27th! They refunded the Jan. bill, but would not refund the Dec. bill because they said I had 30 days to cancel. I called on the day I saw the bill for Dec. I didn't realize I was billed again in January. I am reporting this fraud to my credit card company and hopefully they can get it removed from my bill. This is a SCAM. ~

• info: 5 months, 2 weeks ago

gasg gdsgdg gsfdgfdsgfdg gfdsgsfdgfgf ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 1 week ago

I was checking my Santander bank statement and a pop up which I though was affiliated with the bank offered "free" credit report for a $1.00 refundable fee. The scam is that any notice of a "free" trial or a recurring fee must have been in VERY fine print. I was checking my statement this morning and I see the a??holes have got me for $29.95 and another charge of $1.20. Now I am going to have to change my account number what a bitch!! ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 1 week ago

ThinkCreditReports add me to your list of victims. I will call tomorrow. Sleep well. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 1 week ago

I never clicked any link nor did I recieve a phone call from this company. I never enter any need-to-know information on the Internet. Yet somehow this company got ahold of my credit card information and immediately started charging me 29.95 a month. Had to have my credit card number changed due to the fact that when my bank blocked them they reroute and a different access point was able to take the money. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 4 weeks ago

I just got billed $29.95 after clicking on www.thinkcredit.com after the Target article online which had a link embedded in the article. It was okay for the $1.00 charge; however, just got my credit card bill and they charged $29.95 exactly 7 days later. Called my credit card company and they are working with me to dispute the Dec 27th charge plus they will block further monthly charges by thinkcredit.com.

Have tried unsuccessfully to e-mail them -- all blocked. Clicked on their link "Unsubscribe thinkcredit" -- it just goes back to the other previous link. Desperately hoping that the U.S. District Attorney will hear about them to close them down permanently.

Sign me: IN SHOCK and DISBELIEF ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 4 weeks ago

Some how Think Credit Report got our Discover Card information and my son`s name and signed us up for their service. As soon as I discovered this charge on our statement in Sept. 2013 I called and cancelled .

The charge has still shown up on my Discover Card statement and yesterday I called Think Credit and went round and round with them to no avail.
    Today I spoke with a Discover Card employee and she was able to help me by canceling the amount of $29.95 as of today.

Think Credit is definately a scam company and should be stopped. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

I am an attorney and believe that this business operates in a way that would qualify as a deceptive trade practice, among other things. In addition to reporting Think Credit Report to the BBB, I intend to explore a class action suit against them. How many of you have not received refunds for the "free" credit check that was advertised? I suspect many managed to get a refund for the $29.95, but relinquished the upfront $1 charge and walked away from it as being too much trouble to pursue. Therein lies the scam: imagine the 100,000s of people who paid that $1 and guess who walks away with a tidy profit? ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 3 weeks ago

I recently cancelled my membership to his site. For some reason I was never able to log in and when I sent an e-mail to them it didn't help much. However when I called to cancel, they were very understanding and even refunded me the last amount I was charged several days before I called to cancel. I'm sure it's all about the individual's experience. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 3 weeks ago

Had no problem with this company. Clearly stated that you would not be charged bu $1.00 for the report as long as you cancelled the membership you signed up for within 7 days. Had no issues downloading all three reports. Called after 2 days and they cancelled with no further charges. Just believe people do not read the ad very closely. They give you the number clearly when you sign up. 800-327-2853 ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 1 week ago

If you read carefully many of the folks that were scammed did not sign up for the program (as happened with me). The website on which we were shopping had been compromised, and our name , address, and credit card info was taken without our knowledge. Therefore, the fine print is a mute point. Many of us didn't ask for this. it was an unsolicited pop-up that you had to click on to continue with your desired shopping transaction. Thinkcredit is totally a scam!!! ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Beware of free credit reports from think credit report!!!!!! their advertising lures you into a paid service for $29.95 per month. I have complained to the company and BBB to get my money back. Will see if the respond favorably. ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I was going to Amazon's website, when a big red sign came up-saying I could not continue to Amazon unless I signed for a Free Credit Report.
    At first I did so, then I hit the cancel button, but apparently it did not honor my request for cancellation.Then I got a $1.00 charge on my bank account, then another for $29.99.

I informed my bank about this problem, however the bank told me that they could not put a stop payment on the charges because it was not a credit card, it was my debit card used as a withdrawal.

What can I do to rectify this situation, so I will not incurr any additional charges.

Thanking you in advance for you cooperation in this matter. ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Please let me know How I can cancel this membership.
    Philip Park ~

• Anonymous: Aug 1, 2013

Somehow Think Credit got my credit card number and started charging that account $29.95 a month. My credit card company called me about the charges after 3 months. Now they have had to close that account, send me a new card, etc. I don't even remember reading an email offer from them and would have deleted it immediately without seeing the small print. I don't know how they got my credit card number, though. I'd never heard of this company before. ~

• Anonymous: Jun 4, 2013

Thinkcredit.com only gives you 5 days to cancel or you lose your money! ~

• Anonymous: Jun 3, 2013

Scammers!! $29.95 out of my banking account that I didn't approve . I applied for a job online and they got enough information to scam me. No response to my emails . ~

• Anonymous: Apr 5, 2013

This is BULL. It's a scam and they trick you in thinking that only $1 will be billed. I hope I can stop this. I may have to go to my bank. I'm very upset about this crap!!!! ~

• Anonymous: Feb 24, 2013

they just did the same thing tome .I just called to cancel.I am waiting to see if i get my refund. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 20, 2013

ThinkCreditReports.com is a scam. I received a notification that a major center that processes charges for a number of different companies' "plastic" had been compromised, and I could order credit reports from all three major credit reporting companies for free until midnight that night. I had a very busy day and was not able to do that until the next day, when I was told the charge would be $1 for all three credit reports.

After you provide your card # and are charged the $1 for the three credit reports (saying no to all the extras) they ask you to verify your identity by providing your social security number and your card number again. When you've done so, all that happens is an endless loop--you're just returned to that same "verification" screen again--and again...

You'll have to call the fraud department of your card and get that dealt with. But I'm old enough I've managed to avoid scams all my life--until now, and should have recognized this one. I'm chalking it up to plain fatigue and having too much to do, but still feel pretty dumb. There was no specific identity of the companies involved in the security meltdown, and there should have been. I'll sure be more careful again in the future.............. ~

• Anonymous: Dec 12, 2012

how do we call to stop this payment ~

• Anonymous: Dec 12, 2012

HOW DO WE CANCEL PLS ~

• Anonymous: Nov 11, 2012

scam all the way with sweet talking. ~

• Anonymous: Nov 11, 2012

I can't believethat, the gov. allowed those thieves to be funtion online.voleeeeeeeeeeeeee ~

• Anonymous: Nov 11, 2012

i agree this is a scam, i applied for my credit report but THINKCREDIT could not pull it because there is a frand alert on the account, still they charged $29.95 last month and this month, there is no service rednered to me, no authorization to charge this amount, no credit report pulled till today, how come, is there any federal agency who can help me stop this THINKCREDIT to playing mischief again and again and depriving me my hardearned money, i talked to my bank and they say it will take 60 days to investigage, by them these people may take out money again and again from my credit card. singh ~

• Anonymous: Oct 24, 2012

singh ~

• Anonymous: Oct 1, 2012

This company is a totally fraudulent and despicable. I do not see how these companies are allowed to function in the united states.

Having gone through the other comments i have deduced that their modus operandi is roughly the same.In my case when i phoned and demanded my $29.95 refunded,they gave the usual runaround but promised the refunds and had the cancellation #'s directly at hand and promised the refund that i still have yet to receive.

My question is,why aren't the relevant authorities doing anything with these decadent people,in spite of all these negative comments? ~

• Anonymous: Sep 28, 2012

Scam. Got an email from job recruiter asking for credit info. Sam story as mentioned above. I've been able to cancel and get a refund. ~

• Anonymous: Aug 1, 2012

creditreports.com is definitely fraudulent. i tried to cancel before the 7 days and cannot get thru. ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale