bell Warning: JavaScript is turned off! Some features on this website will not work without it. We recommend turning it on.
Online Threat Alerts: Alerting you to scams, malware, fraud, hoaxes and other cyber threats.

Alleged Scamming Website ThinkCreditReports .com

Date: June 21, 2012 5:10 PM - Views: 14,542 - Comment Comments: 45
Alleged Scamming Website ThinkCreditReports .com

Some ex-customers of ThinkCreditReports .com are stating that the website is a scam. It is alleged that they were charged $29.95 for their credit reports without their knowledge. It was also reported that they are using Craigslist to scam job seekers into signing up for memberships and claiming that it is free.

ThinkCreditReports.com Offer Details:

"After your 7-day trial period it's just $29.95 per month for ThinkCreditReports.com. If you decide that the credit and identity monitoring is not for you, you can call ThinkCreditReports.com toll-free at 800-327-2853 within the first 7 days to Cancel, and there will be no further obligation and you will Only have been billed the $1.00 fee for your 3 Bureau Credit Report with no further obligation. In order to ensure continuous monitoring, if you don’t cancel within 7 days you will be billed the monthly membership fee, and then each month thereafter until you cancel. Cancel anytime with no further obligation. "

ThinkCreditReports.com offer details in fine print states that the charge of $29.95 will apply, if the offer is not canceled with-in 7 days.

Here are some of the comments of ex-customers of ThinkCreditReports.com

• "This company is behind a credit report scam seen on craigslist in multiple cities, posting fake apartment ads. Just to get you to click on their link and get a credit report. This is a fraud, don’t fall for it. They will take your information, rip you off, sell it and create identity theft and credit fraud in your name. They charged my credit card 29.95 for a product that was supposed to be free...and I cannot cancel it because no one is answering the phone.. Beware of ads on craigslist and don’t do what I did."

Source: http://www.complaintsboard .com/complaints/Thinkcreditreportscom -pittsburgh-pennsylvania -c414747.html

• "Replied to a job opening from an online job search. They sent me an email back saying how easy the work was & that i was basically hired. All had to do was get them my credit report. So the scam artists put a link in the email which directed me to their website, www.thinkcreditreports .com, where i would have to pay to get my credit report. This is a scam and they should be penalized for preying on job seekers like myself. They should be ashamed of themselves for doing this to people, especially when it is very difficult to get a job these days. I. Being that these days companies do check the job seekers credit report."
  • "Think Credit Report. com was used by what I thought could be a future employer. I was mailed to go to their website (URL posted) and get my credit report in order to send it to the 'employer' in less than 24 hours, (telephoned and cancelled the membership that i did not want. The future employer found out it was a scam. Luckily, haven't been hurt by it as yet. However, after noticing our bank account being off by approximately 330 ($29.95), we decided to look into it and investigate since we don't get paper statements anymore. They have taken 5119.80 out of our account! I was told today that out of courtesy they would credit April's charge and would not go back any further."
  • "I'm going to get the money because I did cancel before the next day was over no matter what Becky said. Please don't be stupid like I was. I was so desperate to find a job, (did what they asked and now I'm paying for it.

Source: http://www.trustlink .org/Reviews/Think-Credi t-Reports-206402445"

• "Think Credit Report is a scam outfit and they are thieves. started to sign up for their service and after found out that they were a monthly paid for service I didn't check the box on the site that said was willing to pay their fees. The following day I received a phone call from one of their employees who again tried to get me to purchase their services and I told him that did not want or require their services and not to charge my card for the monthly fees that they charge. I told him this on three separate occasions while on this one phone call. Have since been billed for their services that I did not sign up for and now have to go to my bank tomorrow to clear up this mess. My advice is DO NOT do business with this scam/fraudulent company!

Source:http://www.scaminformer .com/scam-report/thinkcreditreport-com -thinkcreditreport-com-applied-to-ad- on-craig-s-list-for-c7556.html"

We do not recommend using www.ThinkCreditReports .com, there are a lot of other websites that offer the same service for free or for a very small price.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

CommentComments or Questions (45)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 4 days, 6 hours ago from: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Guess I didn't read the fine print. I thought I was getting a free report for a $1. This company is a rip off/scam and should be put out of business. I don't recall anything about being charged $29.95. ~

• Anonymous: 1 week, 5 days ago from: Marion, Illinois, United States

I was on my bank’s web site when a pop-up said my bank had arranged for a free credit report. I applied and was hit with the $29.95 charge. I notified capital one of the fraud and they determined it was not a fraud. I finally got through to this company to cancel the (membership). Do not use this company. ~

• Anonymous: 2 weeks, 0 day ago from: Portland, Oregon, United States

I don't remember what I was looking at, but this website popped up and offered to give you your credit report number for $1---but IN FINE PRINT---charges you $29.95 after 7 days if you don't go back and cancel!!!

Thank God my bank immediately sent me a security alert, notifying me of the charge!! I just got off the phone to cancel it, which she did RELUCTANTLY, telling me it would take 7-10 business days before I saw the refund, which is BS!!!!

All of you out there on the Internet, be careful of the information you give out and make sure you have a secure, encrypted website and notify your bank to immediately alert you of any online charges----mine asks me if I made this purchase and I have to provide security information to verify that it's me!! ~

• Anonymous: 3 weeks, 0 day ago from: Roseville, California, United States

Wow this company is ruthless. It preys on the poor. ~

• Anonymous: 3 weeks, 1 day ago from: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Web site spams constantly. Untrustworthy! ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago from: United States

Think Credit Reports is definitely a scam. I cancelled after seeing monthly charges that were not authorized. After calling, I was refunded one months service charge but they billed me for four months! I called again and they agreed to refund one more month.

I have been waiting almost four months for the second refund and called again today. I asked for the boss of the service reps then asked for her boss....she reports to noone!! She supposedly has been trying to get "Corporate" to approve the refund for the past two months!!

I asked who I could talk to at Corporate...answer was noone. I also asked who the CEO of the corporation is. They said they are not allowed to give out that information. I said that should be information available to the public.

They would not provide any information and I was told that the supervisor of the customer reps would get back to me when she hears from "Corporate".....that's been five weeks now!!!

Unbelievably poor company to do any business with. Definitely a fradulant and deceiving company. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago from: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

I was taken in by the ad also. I tried to call and cancel several times at various times during the day AND night. I always received the same message that the call volume was high and to call back later. Meanwhile, they continue to take money from me. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago from: Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

I also got taken with their ad just today. They somehow managed a pop-up on my bank's website and made it look like it was legitimate bank business for a free credit report. I'm usually pretty careful, so after the fact, I went and did some research and found nothing but complaints. I called them and a girl by the name of
    Shoshana answered. She promptly gave me a cancellation number which surprised me.

Most banks require that you call and cancel first before you talk to your bank. However, if you cannot get someone on the phone then you explain that to your bank,
    giving date and time you called as well as the phone number.

I will be writing to all three credit bureaus so this incident will be on file and
    my credit will not be ruined. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago from: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

My experience with them is just as bad as all the rest. I do not recall authorizing this company to bill me for anything, but during a phone conversation with their representative Juana, I was told that the only way to get my $29.95 and $1.00 charges refunded was to file a fraud report and have an investigation to discover who did authorize it, then to have charges filed against that person and proceed with legal action.

I tell you that the only ones I want to file charges against are www.ThinkCreditReports .com. I have been told that my "account" with them was cancelled per my request and that I won't be changed any further monthly payments for their "services".

However, to ensure this won't happen I have notified my bank, have to go in to visit with one of their managers, sign authorization forms blocking this company from further debits AND pay an additional $28.00 to make this happen. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT CLICKING ON THEIR LINK. THEY ARE NOT FREE AND A TOTAL SCAM RIPOFF! ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 0 week ago from: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

What do I do, they are charging me 29.95!! I want it to stop!! How do I cancel? ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 0 week ago from: Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica

Try contacting them at:

1-800-975-6432
      5am-6pm (pst) Monday-Friday
      7am-3pm (pst) Weekend days
      Email Support: Support @THINKCreditReports.com ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago from: Warner Robins, Georgia, United States

I WAS SCAMMED by Think Credit Reports to the tune of $239.60. I call the GA consumer bureau, the Calif. bureau also the Think Credit reports and they were told I did not O.K. these transactions.

Where they got my debit card # from I don't know. I stopped all transactions with them at my bank and canceled my card #. I reported it to my ins. co and they are to investigate . Don't be like me watch your bank statement close. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 2 weeks ago from: Yonkers, New York, United States

ThinkCredit is a scam!!! They are charging me $29.95 fee without my consent or knowledge! This is ridiculous I will be contacting Better Business Bureau. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 0 week ago from: Portland, Oregon, United States

I have asked them several times to cancel my account and they still charge me $29.95. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 3 weeks ago from: Miami, Florida, United States

I see I was not the only one being scammed by this ThinkCreditReports outfit...Does anyone know what legal option do we have to have companies such as this stop their fraudulent practices? ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: Blackwood, New Jersey, United States

Hi, tried thinkcredit.com. Paid the dollar fee for my free report. Before the end of the seven days before they charge you a monthly fee, i tried calling to cancel. Whenever i called, i either couldn't get through, or the few times i did get through, was on hold for over a half hour each time before hanging up.

On my next credit card statement, i noticed a charge of 28.99. I was outraged. If this happened to you, just call your credit card company and they will not only put a block on your account against this fraudulent company, but in most cases, they will waive the charge.

If you want a truly free credit report without using your credit card, go to creditcarma.com. You will be amazed how much information concerning your credit score. Try it, I guarantee you'll love it. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 3 weeks ago from: Baldwin City, Kansas, United States

You can go to each credit reporting agency and pay a small fee for you report, not the monthly fee thinkcreditreports.com want. Please do not waste your money on thinkcreditreports .com. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 2 weeks ago from: Gilroy, California, United States

I agree. This is a scam. This site popped up when I was trying set up my ProtectMyID account that I received FREE due to a security breach with a company for which I worked. I didn't realize that it was something else and did not understand that I would be charged. I discovered the bill of $29.95 on my bill and called in January. Then they billed me again on Jan. 27th! They refunded the Jan. bill, but would not refund the Dec. bill because they said I had 30 days to cancel. I called on the day I saw the bill for Dec. I didn't realize I was billed again in January. I am reporting this fraud to my credit card company and hopefully they can get it removed from my bill. This is a SCAM. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 1 week ago from: Bayville, New Jersey, United States

I was checking my Santander bank statement and a pop up which I though was affiliated with the bank offered "free" credit report for a $1.00 refundable fee. The scam is that any notice of a "free" trial or a recurring fee must have been in VERY fine print. I was checking my statement this morning and I see the a??holes have got me for $29.95 and another charge of $1.20. Now I am going to have to change my account number what a bitch!! ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 2 weeks ago from: Barnard, Missouri, United States

ThinkCreditReports add me to your list of victims. I will call tomorrow. Sleep well. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 2 weeks ago from: San Diego, California, United States

I never clicked any link nor did I recieve a phone call from this company. I never enter any need-to-know information on the Internet. Yet somehow this company got ahold of my credit card information and immediately started charging me 29.95 a month. Had to have my credit card number changed due to the fact that when my bank blocked them they reroute and a different access point was able to take the money. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 0 week ago from: Redondo Beach, California, United States

I just got billed $29.95 after clicking on www.thinkcredit.com after the Target article online which had a link embedded in the article. It was okay for the $1.00 charge; however, just got my credit card bill and they charged $29.95 exactly 7 days later. Called my credit card company and they are working with me to dispute the Dec 27th charge plus they will block further monthly charges by thinkcredit.com.

Have tried unsuccessfully to e-mail them -- all blocked. Clicked on their link "Unsubscribe thinkcredit" -- it just goes back to the other previous link. Desperately hoping that the U.S. District Attorney will hear about them to close them down permanently.

Sign me: IN SHOCK and DISBELIEF ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 1 week ago from: Edgewater, Florida, United States

Some how Think Credit Report got our Discover Card information and my son`s name and signed us up for their service. As soon as I discovered this charge on our statement in Sept. 2013 I called and cancelled .

The charge has still shown up on my Discover Card statement and yesterday I called Think Credit and went round and round with them to no avail.
    Today I spoke with a Discover Card employee and she was able to help me by canceling the amount of $29.95 as of today.

Think Credit is definately a scam company and should be stopped. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 2 weeks ago from: New York, New York, United States

I am an attorney and believe that this business operates in a way that would qualify as a deceptive trade practice, among other things. In addition to reporting Think Credit Report to the BBB, I intend to explore a class action suit against them. How many of you have not received refunds for the "free" credit check that was advertised? I suspect many managed to get a refund for the $29.95, but relinquished the upfront $1 charge and walked away from it as being too much trouble to pursue. Therein lies the scam: imagine the 100,000s of people who paid that $1 and guess who walks away with a tidy profit? ~

• Anonymous: Oct 25, 2013 from: Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States

I recently cancelled my membership to his site. For some reason I was never able to log in and when I sent an e-mail to them it didn't help much. However when I called to cancel, they were very understanding and even refunded me the last amount I was charged several days before I called to cancel. I'm sure it's all about the individual's experience. ~

• Anonymous: Sep 27, 2013 from: Argyle, Florida, United States

Had no problem with this company. Clearly stated that you would not be charged bu $1.00 for the report as long as you cancelled the membership you signed up for within 7 days. Had no issues downloading all three reports. Called after 2 days and they cancelled with no further charges. Just believe people do not read the ad very closely. They give you the number clearly when you sign up. 800-327-2853 ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 2 weeks ago from: League City, Texas, United States

If you read carefully many of the folks that were scammed did not sign up for the program (as happened with me). The website on which we were shopping had been compromised, and our name , address, and credit card info was taken without our knowledge. Therefore, the fine print is a mute point. Many of us didn't ask for this. it was an unsolicited pop-up that you had to click on to continue with your desired shopping transaction. Thinkcredit is totally a scam!!! ~

• Anonymous: Sep 3, 2013 from: Portsmouth, Virginia, United States

Beware of free credit reports from think credit report!!!!!! their advertising lures you into a paid service for $29.95 per month. I have complained to the company and BBB to get my money back. Will see if the respond favorably. ~

• Anonymous: Aug 27, 2013 from: Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica

I was going to Amazon's website, when a big red sign came up-saying I could not continue to Amazon unless I signed for a Free Credit Report.
    At first I did so, then I hit the cancel button, but apparently it did not honor my request for cancellation.Then I got a $1.00 charge on my bank account, then another for $29.99.

I informed my bank about this problem, however the bank told me that they could not put a stop payment on the charges because it was not a credit card, it was my debit card used as a withdrawal.

What can I do to rectify this situation, so I will not incurr any additional charges.

Thanking you in advance for you cooperation in this matter. ~

• Anonymous: Aug 24, 2013 from: Gardena, California, United States

Please let me know How I can cancel this membership.
    Philip Park ~

• Anonymous: Aug 1, 2013 from: Mentone, California, United States

Somehow Think Credit got my credit card number and started charging that account $29.95 a month. My credit card company called me about the charges after 3 months. Now they have had to close that account, send me a new card, etc. I don't even remember reading an email offer from them and would have deleted it immediately without seeing the small print. I don't know how they got my credit card number, though. I'd never heard of this company before. ~

• Anonymous: Jun 4, 2013 from: Myton, Utah, United States

Thinkcredit.com only gives you 5 days to cancel or you lose your money! ~

• Anonymous: Jun 3, 2013 from: Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States

Scammers!! $29.95 out of my banking account that I didn't approve . I applied for a job online and they got enough information to scam me. No response to my emails . ~

• Anonymous: Apr 5, 2013 from: Carrollton, Texas, United States

This is BULL. It's a scam and they trick you in thinking that only $1 will be billed. I hope I can stop this. I may have to go to my bank. I'm very upset about this crap!!!! ~

• Anonymous: Feb 24, 2013 from: Ithaca, New York, United States

they just did the same thing tome .I just called to cancel.I am waiting to see if i get my refund. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 20, 2013 from: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

ThinkCreditReports.com is a scam. I received a notification that a major center that processes charges for a number of different companies' "plastic" had been compromised, and I could order credit reports from all three major credit reporting companies for free until midnight that night. I had a very busy day and was not able to do that until the next day, when I was told the charge would be $1 for all three credit reports.

After you provide your card # and are charged the $1 for the three credit reports (saying no to all the extras) they ask you to verify your identity by providing your social security number and your card number again. When you've done so, all that happens is an endless loop--you're just returned to that same "verification" screen again--and again...

You'll have to call the fraud department of your card and get that dealt with. But I'm old enough I've managed to avoid scams all my life--until now, and should have recognized this one. I'm chalking it up to plain fatigue and having too much to do, but still feel pretty dumb. There was no specific identity of the companies involved in the security meltdown, and there should have been. I'll sure be more careful again in the future.............. ~

• Anonymous: Dec 12, 2012 from: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

how do we call to stop this payment ~

• Anonymous: Dec 12, 2012 from: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

HOW DO WE CANCEL PLS ~

• Anonymous: Nov 11, 2012 from: Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States

scam all the way with sweet talking. ~

• Anonymous: Nov 11, 2012 from: Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States

I can't believethat, the gov. allowed those thieves to be funtion online.voleeeeeeeeeeeeee ~

• Anonymous: Nov 11, 2012 from: Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States

i agree this is a scam, i applied for my credit report but THINKCREDIT could not pull it because there is a frand alert on the account, still they charged $29.95 last month and this month, there is no service rednered to me, no authorization to charge this amount, no credit report pulled till today, how come, is there any federal agency who can help me stop this THINKCREDIT to playing mischief again and again and depriving me my hardearned money, i talked to my bank and they say it will take 60 days to investigage, by them these people may take out money again and again from my credit card. singh ~

• Anonymous: Oct 24, 2012 from: Marietta, Georgia, United States

singh ~

• Anonymous: Oct 1, 2012 from: San Angelo, Texas, United States

This company is a totally fraudulent and despicable. I do not see how these companies are allowed to function in the united states.

Having gone through the other comments i have deduced that their modus operandi is roughly the same.In my case when i phoned and demanded my $29.95 refunded,they gave the usual runaround but promised the refunds and had the cancellation #'s directly at hand and promised the refund that i still have yet to receive.

My question is,why aren't the relevant authorities doing anything with these decadent people,in spite of all these negative comments? ~

• Anonymous: Sep 28, 2012 from: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

Scam. Got an email from job recruiter asking for credit info. Sam story as mentioned above. I've been able to cancel and get a refund. ~

• Anonymous: Aug 1, 2012 from: South Hadley, Massachusetts, United States

creditreports.com is definitely fraudulent. i tried to cancel before the 7 days and cannot get thru. ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale