Email Scam: Urgent Business Proposal

Date: January 23, 2013 12:19 PM - Views: 8,779 - Comment Comments: 21
Email Scam: Urgent Business Proposal

If you receive the e-mail message below or others like it, please note that these e-mails are sent by people trying to scam you. Do not respond to these e-mail messages with your personal information. Please do not help the scammers rip you off.

Here is a copy of the scam e-mail message:

From: MMITCHAM@nmh.org

Subject: Greetings

Good morning to you, I have an urgent business proposal to share with you. If only you will be interested. Send me your name, contact address, phone number and age to ( peteranderson022@sbcglobal.net mailto: peteranderson022@sbcglobal.net ) . M. Mary for Peter Anderson.

If you reply to the e-mail (DO NOT), this is the message the scammer will send back to you:

From: peteranderson022@hotmail.com

Subject: RE: Greetings

Dear ****,

Thanks for your response; this is to acknowledge receipt of your mail in view of my business proposal. I do hope you are willing to cooperate with me in executing this transaction of mutual benefit. Anyway, I will have to explain the details of the transaction to your understanding before we take further actions. You have to trust me because without trust in a business of this nature we can't succeed. I want you to know that the beneficiary documents will be put in your names and you will be the bonefide next of kin to the said funds.

I work with Capitec Finance Bank here in South Africa. We had a client named Mr. Roger Ian Wright. I was directly assigned to him as his relationship manager/financial adviser. He made several deposits (fixed) with Capitec F inance Bank amounting to ($19,800.000.00 Million Dollars) for which I was the portfolio manager. Upon maturity, several notices where sent to him but we never got a response until we discovered that he died along with his entire immediate family members in an plane crash. I have to use my private email for confidentiality and to protect my job as i am still a working officer in my Bank.

Please read more about, Mr. Roger Ian Wright a US businessman, founder of a Sao Paulo-based investment company. On the 22nd of May 2009, Mr. Roger Ian Wright, his wife and his two children all died in a King Air B350 plane crash seaside resort town of Trancoso, in the state of Bahia. You can find below the links pertaining to this accident. I want you to know that this is a confidential deal i want you and i to carry out as i am still a working officer in my bank and you also have a good name to protect too. Please click on the link to read more.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/ 2009/05/23/2579118.htm?section=justin

Since then nobody has done anything as regards the claiming of this money because to the best of my knowledge apart from his wife (Now late too) no other family member who is aware of the existence of neither the account nor the funds. As his relationship manager/financial adviser every of the activities regarding the locating of the possible next of kin revolves round my desk. I therefore decided to look for a reliable foreign partner to work with since our affiliated banking regulation requires that unclaimed funds after a period of years will be paid into the states reserve and forfeited to Government.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that i would like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to the late Mr. Roger Ian Wright so you will be able to receive his funds from our affiliated Bank in the United Kingdom for easy transfer of the funds to you in your country. ALL MODALITIES HAS BEEN WORKED OUT FOR A SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION FROM MY SIDE!! The Strategy is to use my influence to name as the beneficiary of the fund so that you will have to contact our affiliated Bank for the funds to be transfer to you. I have contacts in the South African department of Justice who can facilitate preparation of necessary legal documents that will back you up as the next of kin to Late Mr. Roger Ian Wright. So that should not be a source of concern to you.

Now, that I have your Full Names, i will need you to send to me your residential address and your contact telephone number so that, I will have to contact the person at the Justice Department, who will handle the title documents to commence his job. As soon as this is done a letter of probate will be issued in your favor for making you the Administrator of the late Mr. Roger Ian Wright Estate and with this you can make application for the release of the funds. There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going to adopt legal methods in applying for the release of the funds to you. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue.

Like i said above, the beneficiary document will be perfected in your name as all formalities will be handled from my end as the percentage sharing will be 45% for me, 45% for you and 10%for the motherless babies and less privileged people. You can call me on the below number if you have any questions regarding this deal and my email.

I wait to hear from you shortly to know if you agree on my teams and condition concerning this deal.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Peter Anderson.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Your feedback is important to us! We invite you to share any information that you have on this article by telling us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below, to be shared with everyone.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

CommentComments or Questions (21)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago from: North Tonawanda, New York, United States

They are probably using various email addresses but the one I received was from Sarah Allen.... allse @uab.edu ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 4 weeks ago from: Gilbert, Arizona, United States

The Scam continues 7/5/14:

"Your assistance in this proposal in the intent of a deceased since this is my second email to you, For more details reply with your phone number for acceptance to (petersanderson11 @sbcglobal.net)
    Regards,
    Peter Anderson" ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 1 week ago from: Tallahassee, Florida, United States

Here's a new one I received:

From: Terri Matlock
    Can you please confirm receipt of the discreet business proposal I sent to you?. If you did not receive my last mail, please contact with your phone number. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 0 week ago from: Ghana

Here is another fake business proposal email:

Dear sir/madam,

Are you a corporate entity or an individual, seeking partners to help boost your financial position, or to help fund your ideas? Do you have innovative ideas, yet, find if hard to secure loans from the JING KOH LOAN companies out here? Do you need a student loan or loan to pay off or consolidate your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Are you overburdened with your home mortgage repayment to a point where all of your earnings evaporate even before you touch them? Do you have a low credit score, to a point where local banks and other loan companies simply have turned their backs on you. We, at Leads Loan Services, can and will be the friend you obviously need to boost your finances.

As private equity partner, we offer reliable and swift loan assistance to those who genuinely need it,
    in a much more efficient and business friendly manner, and because of our unique position, we are strategically placed and best able to meet your needs,

when and where you want them. At groundbreaking business friendly interest rates, which fit all pockets... ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 0 week ago from: Stoke, Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom

If you do not reply to the first email you get a second from the scammers, which claims:

"Your assistance in this proposal in the intent of a deceased since this is my second email to you, For more details reply with your phone number for acceptance to ( petersanderson11@sbcglobal.net)
    Regards,
    Anderson"

The email came from: Brown_Simon @durham.edu.on.ca
    I did a bit of research, and found that Simon Brown does work at:
    Beau Valley Public School
    230 Marigold Avenue,
    Oshawa, ON
    L1G 3G3 Canada

Phone: 905-576-1938
    Fax: 905-576-7519

I would suggest that anyone living in that area should either warm the poor chap that his identity is being used by scammers, or he himself is a scammer? Not sure which???
    The email for Beau Valley Public School is also being used to send these emails - NOTE: beauvalley_ps @durham.edu.on.ca (ending in "@edu.on.ca") ~

They have been grabbing at various emails to hack and use.

Mine was from Sarah Allen at University of Alabama. I emailed her to let her know she had been hacked. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: Nigeria

Here is another loan scam:
    -----------------------

Do you need a loan?

Welcome to Mr Michael David Loan Company...we issued any type of loans to
    Applicant who is in need of an urgent loan financial assistance and to whom the bank denied them from having credit and we are legally backed by the government... ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 1 week ago from: City of, London, United Kingdom

Here is another scam:
    ---------

Greetings..
    Please contact us for your secure and unsecured Loan at an Interest rate of 3%
    ........................................

Is the difficulty of the economy affecting you this year, is your bank refuses to give you a loan

for this year? If your answer is yes, then you need a loan. I'm Mr Lee Chang, the owner of a

lending company We offer safe and secure loans at an interest rate of 3%... ~

• Anonymous: Oct 7, 2013 from: Lancaster, California, United States

I was alerted by this person what can I do to stop the action once I've given personal info? ~

Don't give ANY of your personal info! Just don't respond. Mark it as spam. ~

• Anonymous: Sep 26, 2013 from: Overland Park, Kansas, United States

I got this and I love messing with these people so my response was on the top half of the post below the bottom was the email I had received.

Mark,

Its done! Send the cleaner its messy and I cant clean this all by my self. I need quick disposal and no questions asked. Got it! Now hurry the f**k up!!!

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:08 AM, Blaustein, Barry wrote:
    I will need you to assist in this proposal in the intent of a deceased (name now withheld) since this is my second email to you, For more details reply with your phone number for acceptance to (peteranderson2819@sbcglobal.net)

Regards,
    Blaustein Barry for
    Anderson ~

• Anonymous: Jun 8, 2013 from: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Happened to me to. ~

• Anonymous: May 29, 2013 from: San Clemente, California, United States

I can't believe people fall for this. If you really read it makes no sense. ~

• Anonymous: May 24, 2013 from: Youngstown, Ohio, United States

I just received this email and will delete it as well. Can't anyone stop him??? ~

• Anonymous: May 19, 2013 from: Taft, Texas, United States

Received this E-mail;

Business Proposal
    This business proposal is confidential and I request that it be treated as such. It is specifically directed to you and I must solicit
    your Confidentiality on it. I assure you that I am contacting you in good faith and this proposal will be of mutual benefit to us.
    I am Aaron Gillard, a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney/sole executor to a deceased client of my chambers who shares
    a similar surname with you, who worked as an independent oil magnate in my country, but died in a car crash with his family
    on the 16th of March 2006. The accident occurred in East London.
    My late client a former oil well Pumper working with Marathon Oil Corporation here in the United Kingdom and had Left
    behind a deposit of Ten Million Eight Hundred Thousand British Pounds Sterling only (£10.8million) with a bank. After the
    death of my client, the Bank contacted me, as his attorney to provide his Next of kin who should inherit his fortune; this
    according to them is their policy in sure circumstances.
    Since the death of my client, I have written several letters to the embassy with intent to locate any of his extended relatives
    whom shall be claimants/beneficiaries of his abandoned personal estate and all such efforts have been to no avail. I had to
    inform the Bank about my fruitless effort in locating my late client close relative or His next of kin.
    The board of directors of the Bank just adopted a resolution and I was mandated to provide his next of kin for the payment of
    this money within the next 15 official working days or forfeit the money as an abandoned funds. The Bank had planned to
    invoke the abandoned property Act of the Bank to confiscate the funds after the expiration of the period given me. Also I have
    received official letters in the last two days suggesting a likely proceeding for confiscation of his abandoned personal assets in
    line with existing laws of the institution.
    Well I have reasons very professional and I can use a legal means to present a next of kin of my deceased client. This is legally
    possible and would be done in accordance with the laws of the land. On this note I decided to search for a credible person and
    finding that you bear a similar last name, I was urged to contact you, that I may, with your consent, present you to the
    "Trustee" as my late client's family member so as to enable you put up a claim to the bank in that capacity as a next of kin of
    my client.
    I find this possible for the fuller reasons that you are of the same nationality and you bear a similar last name with my late
    client making it a lot easier for you to put up a claim in that capacity. I have all vital documents that would confer you the
    legal right to make this claim and would make them available to you so that the proceeds of this bank account valued at
    £10.8million can be paid to you before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable to the bank where this huge amount is
    lodged.
    I do sincerely sympathize the death of my client but think it is unprofitable for his funds to be submitted to the government of
    this country or some financial institution. My aim is to retrieve these funds and let it be claimed by the deceased family
    Lineage, etc. for this I seek your assistance since I have been unable to locate the relatives for the past 7 years now
    I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name giving you the
    advantage, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you and then both of us can share the money, 60% to me and
    40% to you. I know there might be other persons out there with the same surname as my late client, but after a little check my
    instinct told me to contact you. Can I trust you on this? I shall assemble all the necessary documents that will be used to back
    up your claim.
    I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach ~

• Anonymous: May 2, 2013 from: Desoto, Texas, United States

I received one of this Business Proposal scams too. Its crazy how people have nothing to do nowadays. The find proffesional ways to get through peoples heads and its insane. The following is the scam i received just about 2 hrs ago,

Business Proposal
    on the 16th of March 2006. The accident occurred in East London... ~

• Anonymous: Apr 19, 2013 from: Roseville, California, United States

sent from address at kris.vincent(at)usw.salvationarmy.org originating from IP 207.47.75.12 = long beach California
    return address to peteranderson151@sbcglobal.net = Bridgeton MO USA ~

• Anonymous: Apr 19, 2013 from: Roseville, California, United States

I cannot believe That these Id**ts cant find something actually constructive to do. ~

• Anonymous: Apr 2, 2013 from: Alabama, United States

This is happening to me as we speak ~

• Anonymous: Mar 26, 2013 from: Irving, Texas, United States

I just received this email as well. I just deleted it. ~

• Anonymous: Mar 26, 2013 from: Athens, Alabama, United States

I got the same email on 3/26/2013. I did not respond to the email. I just deleted. Thanks for posting this ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: twitter.com/onlinethreatale
Follow us on Google+ at: google.com/+Onlinethreatalerts