bell Warning! JavaScript is turned off! To take full advantage of our site and functionality, we recommend that you turn it on.
Online Threat Alerts  - Alerting you to scams, malware, fraud, hoaxes and other threats.

SMS Text Message Scam: True Move Company Raffle Draws

Date: April 10, 2013 9:04 PM - Views: 12,687 - Comments: 43
SMS Text Message Scam: True Move Company Raffle Draws

The text or SMS message “Congrats Your Mobile Number Has Awarded $250,000.00USD” and others like it are a scam. Please do not send your information to the e-mail address in the text or SMS message. Thousands of persons around the world have received these text messages and want to know if they are a fake.

This is how one of the messages looks:

From Thailand !ntl Mobile Draw TRUE MOV3 COMPANY
Congrats Your Mobile Number Has Awarded $250,000.00USD. To Claim 3mail Your NAM#&Country to Draw@tmcldraw.org

TMCL Company Ltd, Thailand

Some persons claimed that they have sent their information, completed the basic requirements and were asked to deposit US$ 1,564.00.

Please remember this basic and very important rule: if you asked to send money in order to receive money, it is SCAM!

Some of the text messages came from the following telephone numbers:

• 66854484573
  • 66879284419

If you receive any text or SMS messages like the one above, claiming you have won money from the True Move Company, please report it to your telecommunications service provider.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below:

Comments or Questions (43)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

has anyone responded, what will happen if they got our details...
    hmmmm ~

• info: 2 months, 1 week ago

They will attempt to use it to scam you. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

I got the same text message:
    ------

Thanks for winning five hundred thousand dollars in this year mobile draw send REF No. TR/TH-6491387 to email: processingdepartment003 @gmail.com for details.

I stupidly sent the reference back the email. What will happen? ~

• Anonymous: 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Hi please send no more messages, I want nothing else than cash , money and a job to Corozal , Belize. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

I also received a SMS saying I won $ 500,000.00 from their mobile draw that's why I am investigating and arrived at this page. The reference no. is the same and the instructions are the same: Send the ref. no. to truemovepromotions @gmail.com Too many people are having so much time on their hands. They should get a life. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

This is a scam, they should look for a decent job. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Got the message from same number 6080248933 saying I have won $500,000!!!!! And email to truemobile @truemovethai .org. I am thinking to do a police complaint. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Not only the number above but 6000248933 too. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Same scam new number 6080248933 ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 4 weeks ago

I had a message today from 6680248933 truemovethai saying i had won $500,000 in mobile draw. Same number as a lot of you guys. Cheers for the heads up. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 4 weeks ago

Thank you I received the same text a month ago then someone keep calling me to send money thank again. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

6680248933----- scam messages are sent from this number as well ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 1 week ago

17-04-2014 at 10:08am - I got a message sayin I have won 500,000 from this number: 668028933 ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi...i got it too from 6680248933.... ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Lol .... I thought this happened only in India by Nigerian scamsters. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

The new number we got was 6688248933 which i think is also a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

As in comments below I today received the same text on my mobile. 15/04/2014.

Curious I looked up this site for info. Thanks a million. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Just got this:
    ---------------

Congratulations for winning five hundred thousand dollars in this year mobile draw send REF No. TR/TH-6491387 to email: truemobile @truemovethai.org for details

N I'm so greatful to this site for helpn me so I wasn't sucked in, thanks a million :-) ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 1 week ago

Got message "you have won $500k" text from truemove today 27th March 2014 from phone number: 6680248933. There must be some very stupid people around that would respond to this. An old saying "If it seems to good to be true then it almost certainly is" ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Got a dodgy "you have won $" text from truemove today 19th March 2014 from phone number: 6680248933 ~

• Anonymous: 3 days, 19 hours ago

I got my msg on 22may .. They are claiming my cheque for $5 hundred thousand dollars has been stopped at customs ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

yes i received one on the 10th of march reading exactly that but for five hundred thousand.. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 1 week ago

I also received today on the 27th of march that I also won five hundred thousand dollars! I as well knew that it was a scam and googled their email address up and got the scamed page. I have the same number and the same reference number. I am going on every connection that I have and am reporting it to everyone I know...to bad we can't beat them at their own game. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Congratulations for winning fice hundred thousand dollars in this year mobile draw send REF no. TR/TH-6491387 to email:
    truemobile @truemovethai.org for details.

lolololol...such a scam. It's just unfortunate so many people get sucked into these things. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

recieved the same txt. same reference and email from the phone number:6680248933 ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 4 weeks ago

I got a text on my phone, from that same number saying, I won five hundrend thousand dollars. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Do not give any details what so ever to these criminal networks , they will try to gain your trust into convincingly scaming you out of your own money...you will always get asked to send shipping costs that are to establish the winnings to your account...account yes if youve already givin them your details you could be zero dollars before you know it. Dont be a sucker .
    This scam almost had me once before , not again . ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago

i have just got 1 i searched the company and this page came up how ever the number is 6680248933. Now i know its a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I have that same number claims I've won $5000 dollars .scam is real .I searched there details
      and here I am. Just as well I thought it was a bit fishy considering I havent entered any online draws of the sort. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I just got a msg from them yesterday , big scam!! ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 0 week ago

I got txt message saying Congratulations for winning five hundred thousand dollars in this year mobile draw send REF No. TR/TH-6491387 to email truemobile@ truemovethai.org for details ..

just wondering if this is true or not because this is not a good thing to joke about. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I got the exact same txt. It is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Got an email from true move company saying I had won 500,000$. Thank you for uploading this saying it's a scam.
    This email looked quite professional ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Ask yourself: How could you possibly win something you have no knowledge of? Don't be so stupid to be taken in by these scam artists. ~

• info: 10 months, 1 week ago

Ignore all emails, text(SMS) messages and telephone call about the True Move Company lottery. This is because it is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 1 week ago

I also have received a msg frm true move company tellin me that i have won $500,000. And today morning a man from thailand called me saying that i have realy won the prize.I am so confused...is it true? Please help me out? ~

• Anonymous: Aug 19, 2013

thanks ~

• Anonymous: Aug 19, 2013

I Got a meaazge like as "Your Mobile was selected in the 2013 dtac 1,000.000.00USD Int'l Mobile festival.To redredeem, send your Name & Email to: dtac@tmcldraw.org"
    I am confused about this I think it will be fake ~

• Anonymous: Jul 29, 2013

i have rang a couple of the true move phone numbers and the man at the other end kept saying that im to recieve all the verification emails etc.... well ive got them all and i told him that,but he kept disconnecting the phone call? what is this all about? ~

• Anonymous: Jul 28, 2013

25 07 13/
    this month congradulations on your owe lucky winner 500 ooo mobile competition ref num tr/ th 6491387to email info @TRUE MOVE THAI .ORG NOT TO BE FOOLED BHY SCAME UK ASYAPPLE LAST YEAH WAS YOU HAVR ONE A NEW IPOD BEFOR CAR ASK HOW FUNNY AT THE SAME TIME SUNPACIF COTHING COMPONY NZ HAS MY MAIL ADRESS ATTN TO WHO MAY BE CONSOOND ~

• info: May 14, 2013

Yes, this is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: May 14, 2013

I was contacted by True Move Company Ltdin Thailand say I won/awarded $850,000usd.How true is this text message.Let me know as soon as possible.A man also spoke to me on my cell phone telling me that the message was true.He claimed to represent the Company. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I got massage from 668024893 3 say same thing above like winning 500 thousand US dollars lottery this is fake do not reply ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale