Facebook Powerball Lottery, Sweepstakes and Promotion Scams

Facebook Powerball Lottery, Sweepstakes and Promotion Scams

The Facebook Powerball lottery emails, messages or social networking posts below are scams, and you should not respond to them with your personal information. If someone sends a message to you, even if the message appears as if it was sent by a friend, claiming that you have won the lottery or some other promotional offers, please do not follow the instructions in the message. Scammers have cloned or hijacked some Facebook users' accounts, and are sending fake messages to their friends. The messages claim the recipients are winners of Facebook sweepstakes, lottery or promotion. But, Facebook currently has no lottery, sweepstakes or promotions.

Copies of the Facebook Powerball Lottery Scam Messages

• Thank God …i am so happy,finally i got my $50,000 check from the Facebook Powerball Lottery organization.but it seems i am not the only winner here when i was signing to receive my $50,000 US dollars winning prize on the receivers list with the FedEx men i saw your name and your profile picture on the Facebook winners list. so contact the agent to confirm your name is on the list here is their email address you can email or text them (powerballagent50@gmail .com)and the number +1 561-246-5348 contact them now…

• Hello, i actually want to ask you if you hear about the Facebook Anniversary Promo in collaboration with Powerball Lottery organization? they gave me $50,000 to compensate me as one of the Facebook member i was selected by Facebook Random system program. on this website and all countries and have already gotten my $50,000 winning prize check,and when the FedEx men brought my check i saw your name and picture on the winning list when am about to sign to receive my Cheque and that's why am letting you know now before it will be late., i wonder if you have got your $50,000 check yet because I asked and they told me they will deliver the check to you too because you are among the list go for yours now here is their, address you can email or text them (gwinsurance_insurer@hotmail .com & pwballanthony@gmail .com)an the number 1(917)7251984 contact then now....

• Hello,how are you? I actually want to ask you something, did you hear about the Facebook Anniversary Promo in collaboration Powerball Lottery? I got $50,000.00 winning check from them. They gave me the money for a Deaf/Hearing support and its apart of measure and to compensate the few people that was selected from Facebook Random selection program on this website from the listed countries:Canada,Australia,United States, United Kingdom, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania and have already gotten my check, But when they brought my check i saw your name on the winning list when am about to sign and that why am letting you known now before it will be late., I wonder if you get your check yet because I asked and they told me they will deliver the check to you too because you re amoung the list of winners too. So that why am emailing you to let you know, did you get your own yet? if not you have to contact the Agent Mark Thomas on ( winningprize2012@yahoo .com / winningprize2012@gmail .com ) or Text on +17073568339,

This scam is located on Facebook.com at the following website address:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ Powerball-Lottery/ 504611352911612

But, this page has since been removed by Facebook. Other pages may appear, so please be on the lookout.

Currently, there is no Facebook Powerball Lottery and Facebook or other legitimate organizations will never ask you to send them your personal information via email, text message or telephone.

If you look at the messages above, you will notice that the contact email addresses are hotmail.com, yahoo.com and gmail.com. Email addresses at these free email providers can be created by anyone, so be careful when asked to send information to these email addresses.

Please do not respond to these messages with your personal information, unless you want your identity and money stolen.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert and help your family and friends by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Send this article to friends or family via email. For multiple email addresses, separate each with a semi-colon ";"
Email address(es):

Enter your comment or question in the box below and click the "Submit Your Comment or Question" button.

Your feedback is important to us! We invite you to share any information that you have on this article by telling us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below. We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All responses will be posted in the comment section below, to be shared with everyone.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

You are currently not signed in, but you may still submit your comment or question as an anonymous user. But in order to receive comment and other important notifications and alerts, please click here to sign in, or click here to sign up if you have not yet registered.

CommentComments or Questions (169)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Posted: 1 week, 1 day ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I received the facebook powerball scam from my cousin on facebook and she was telling me about money she received, we talked back and forth on FB by private message and she had me to call the number to claim my prize.

I called the number on my cell and only gave them my name on FB, I was suspicious so I wouldn't send them anything else, how much in danger am I of identity theft?

Later I got a notice not to accepted a friends request from her as her account on FB had been hacked. What do I need to do to protect myself? ~

• Posted: 1 week ago by info:

The aim of the scammer is to trick you into sending money, so never send money in order to receive money.

And, there is not enough information for them to steal your identity. ~

• Posted: 1 week, 3 days ago by an anonymous user from Georgia, United States:

I just received a message from one of my mother's close friends, which I knew was fake because she never called me by my name. Good thing I always google anything that sounds too good to be true... But thanks for the very helpful info. ~

• Posted: 2 weeks, 3 days ago by an anonymous user from Los Angeles, California, United States:

So you are saying that there is no real Facebook powerbal winners? What about this text I just received and a friend of mine on FB swears by it, stating that she has received $100,000.

Provide she sent in $2000 via money gram for delivery.
    Lc
    Is this legit or not. ~

• Posted: 2 weeks, 3 days ago by info:

It is a scam. Your friend Facebook account has been cloned or hijacked.

Pick up the phone and call your friend to verify.

One you are asked to send money in order to receive lottery winnings, it is a scam. ~

• Posted: 2 weeks, 3 days ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I was recently contacted by someone who claimed to be in charge of the Facebook Lottery Pool and this person informed me that I won this large sum of money and when I asked how to claim it they didn't answer.

I got back online this morning and there was a message greeting me. I responded and then they asked me if I was ready to claim my money and I played dumb and said yes. Well, they told me to take these certain numbers down and get back to them which I did. Lastly, they said that they needed a whole list of personal information and I refused. They told me that this is real and the FBI knows about and all this.

That message came in all caps. I told them that I will only give personal information on a document sent it to me through the mail. I also told them that I was going to call the FBI and make sure they really know and I am also going to report them to the Fraud Alert.com so everyone out there knows about this SCAM! These people that do this to people are rotten to the core! ~

• Posted: 3 weeks, 5 days ago by an anonymous user from New Jersey, Springfield Township, United States:

This was the email they tried to scam me from: davidklingshirn@ outlook.com. ~

• Posted: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States:

I just received a message from a friend on Facebook saying she was asking how I was and in conversation she told me about winning the powerball weekly Facebook drawing and saw my name on the list. She wrote to text this number to confirm 954 641 8110. I fell for it and texted and said: "I am calling to confirm powerball." The text I got back was "yes. This is a short version of messsaging back and forth to friend . Is it a scam and what should do? ~

• Posted: 1 month ago by an anonymous user from Houston, Texas, United States:

At this moment I am Facebook "chatting" with a long time acquaintance who just today sent a friend request. I haven't been asked for info yet but she just told me she won $150,000 from Facebook.

I was curious when she said: "I am so happy because I got $150,000 from the promotion made by Facebook Founder Mr Mark Zuckerberg for the annual seasoning to make all Facebook User benefit from the gain of the company".

Since this didn't make sense, I decide to google it to see what was up. Am I glad I did!!! I will be letting this friend know on Monday that her account may have been hacked. Thank you all for posting! ~

• Posted: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by info:

Yes, it is a scam. Scammers are hijacking and cloning Facebook users' accounts, and sending messages to their friends, claiming that they have won the lottery. To prevent being a victim of this scam, always contact your friends directly by calling or emailing them. And, ask them questions only they would know. ~

• Posted: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Washington, United States:

Ray Castillo sent me a message saying he saw my name as a winner for Facebook megmillionsclaim .tk. the he said text this number 971-248-8298. James waters is his name to that number supposively he is the manager do you know anything about this? ~

• Posted: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by info:

Yes, it is a scam. ~

• Posted: 1 month, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I just got a message something like this in my inbox on FB from my cousin, think her page was hacked, but I'm glad I look this up first. SMH... I am done being a victim of identity theft way overseas smh thanks. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Europe:

Thanks for the information because we have received that message twice, but it was doubting me, because we never participated in any lottery, except for the DVD lottery... ~

• Posted: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia:

I just got this email thinking it was my friend but wouldn't answer my personal questions.

The person's profile is located at:
    https://www.facebook. com/malu.mageo.5 ~

• Posted: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Winter Haven, Florida, United States:

Just got scammed by someone who recently Facebook friend requested me (someone I work with!) That person personally Facebook messaged me and then texted me that I had won and gave me the email and phone number to contact to make sure I get my winnings!

I'm glad I googled the information and found out it's a scam. I'll be letting my friend know about the scam when I see her.

The contact being used is Missy Green and phone # is 2344010073. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by info:

Note: scammers are hijacking Facebook users' accounts and are sending fraudulent messages to their friends, in an attempt to scam them. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Santa Rosa, California, United States:

My friend--not a friend of a friend--says they received 150k from them. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by info:

It is not true. Cyber-criminals are cloning or hijacking Facebook user accounts, and are sending their friends fake messages, to trick them into sending information and money. Remember there is no Facebook lottery and never respond to anyone who sends a Facebook message to you, claiming you are won thousands of dollars. ~

• Posted: 3 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Guam:

I was a victim of the scammers. They went in my cousin's facebook pretending to be her telling me that she won the lottery and she also saw my name that I win and I need to contact the agent. So I went along and text..they replied.

A guy name Allan Scott replied asking what's my full name and address to see if I did win...I gave him and he told me to fill out the form and send it.

When I was tried sendijg it to the email address, it wouldn't go through.

That how I know it's a fraud, so be aware fb users. ~

• Posted: 4 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Devine, Texas, United States:

Got a Facebook text that my name was on winning list from one of my Facebook friend; she said I won 200 thousand dollar; she said it not fake she got her check. ~

• Posted: 3 months, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Forest Park, Georgia, United States:

Same here . I call the number and they sent me some web site that does not even work. This is sad. Because I really thought it was true and until my daughter and I check it out. So sad. ~

• Posted: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Vancouver, Washington, United States:

I received the following email earlier this month....I did not do anything, but Googled it and found this article:

- - - - - -
    "Hello, how are you doing? I just want to know if you have received your winning money from the annual anniversary of fb and mega millions.

I have received one hundred thousand dollars from them and you need to contact james waters to get yours too because your name is also on their list of the lucky people.

Here is mr james waters contact info: 19724720773.......:

Text him your name and he will let you know what you need to get your money.
    chat conversation end" ~

• Posted: 5 months ago by an anonymous user from Canada:

I just received one of these:

"Hello, how are you doing? I just want to know if you have received your winning money from the annual anniversary of Fb and Mega Millions .

I have received one hundred thousand dollars from them and you need to contact James Waters to get yours too because your name is also on their list of the lucky people.

Here is Mr James Waters Contact info: 19724720773:

Text him your name and he will let you know what you need to get your money." ~

• Posted: 4 months, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada:

I got the same one today with the name James Walker. What can we do to protect ourselves when we get hacked? ~

• Posted: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from British Columbia, Nanaimo, Canada:

I got one from a friend of mine, from her Facebook account. ~

• Posted: 4 months, 4 weeks ago by info:

They are not trying to hack your computer; they are instead attempting to scam you out of your hard-earned money. ~

• Posted: 5 months ago by an anonymous user from United States:

These scams are still going on... because a friend messaged me (and she would not lie to me) I believed it(after a long conversation and many questions from me re: actually receiving it and a computer) and sent a partial payment, and was told I could pay the remainder when I received the money.

Then the next day I got a message saying I needed to pay balance before UPS could release the money.

Did not do it and found out it was a scam. My friends fb account was hacked. ~

• Posted: 5 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I am being scammed right now! Sent them 100.00$, now they want more.

What should I do? How do I report them? ~

• Posted: 5 months, 2 weeks ago by info:

Please contact the police and do not send anymore money. ~

• Posted: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Bay City, Michigan, United States:

My cousin claims she received $300,000 from this "fake" lottery! I am dubious about giving them $800 up front to receive the $500,000 they say I've won.
    Sure sounds fishy to me! ~

• Posted: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by info:

Pick up your phone and call your cousin and you will find out it is a scam. The message that appears as if it came from your cousin, came from a scammer or cyber-criminal who was able to gain unauthorized access to your cousin's account.

Always ask persons who are sending you messages, questions that only they can answer. This will help to verify who the person is. ~

• Posted: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States:

I was just contacted by someone whom I thought was my friend and was told she won some money from powerball in conjunction with fb.

I thought it was my friend so in conversation mentioned my son just got married and where they are living. Now I am worried that I gave out information that I shouldn't have.

I didn't respond to the email or text is everything going to be OK.
    ~

• Posted: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I also got a message from a lady on Facebook stating she saw my name on the winnings list and I needed to send the claims center a message only through texting and gave me the number and they said I won cash and a truck but I have to pay 300.00 dollars for insurance fee and its from powerball on fb and they said its from social networks ~

• Posted: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by info:

The scammers' aim is to trick you into sending money, so you do not have anything to worry about.

But, if they call threating you, please report it to the police. ~

What if you get a message from someone you know trying to get you to respond to one of these lotteries. What should I do?

I did not respond to the agent but did talk to whom I thought was my friend about my son and where he is now.

Did I do anything wrong and will he be in jepordy too. ~

• Posted: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by info:

You didn't do anything wrong. Scammers are hijacking or cloning online users' accounts in an attempt to trick them into sending their information or money.

Remember, there is no Facebook lottery and scammers trick people because they are attempting to scam them. So, you and your son are not in danger. ~

• Posted: 7 months ago by an anonymous user from Northern Mariana Islands:

I was informed by a friend that she saw my name on a wining list. ~

• Posted: 7 months ago by info:

That message was not sent by your friend. ~

• Posted: 7 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Colfax, Louisiana, United States:

I was contacted through instant messaging by someone calling themselves Sara Smith Walter, showing me a legitimate looking check for $2,000,000.

Her grammar and written use of the English language was terrible. She keep telling me I had been randomly been picked by my username(s) on Facebook and that this was a brand new Powerball game.

BIG SCAM - there is no online Powerball game. DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!!!! ~

• Posted: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia:

I'm so glad I look this up on google.

I was sent the same message from a friend in my inbox telling me I won.

Then she told me to add some one else this.

Looked like she was from Fedx; q l.p. 3334 sI then inbox her one of the things she asked for was for details.

I was almost about to give my details away till I saw this website. ~

Looked like she was from Fedx then I inbox her and one of the things she asked for was for my details*** ~

• Posted: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Searcy, Arkansas, United States:

My cousin swears she received $100,000.00 by sending in $1,200.00. I don't know if maybe something is wromg with her mind or what.

She said it was set up by Mark Zuckerburg (sp) as a way to thank people whose names they have drawn from facebook profiles.

Is there some way you can warn people who are too naive to avoid this? ~

• Posted: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by info:

The best way to educate people about these scams is to share the links on this website with them. ~

• Posted: 8 months, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Battle Creek, Michigan, United States:

They have hijacked a high school friend's IM on FB:
    --- ---

Hello...how are you doing?
    Hello! I'm well. How is your Thanksgiving?

Fine
    Great.

It was so excited. I just want to know if you have hear about the good news yet
    What is that?

Have you heard about the Facebook Powerball Grants Program that was imposed by Mr Zuckerberg, in regards to help Facebook Users?

I haven't paid much attention lately. Been wrapped up in other things.

Oh I though you'll have heard 'bout it. They support people with free bonus money. Although, I am so excited because I am one of the lucky winner, I won $150,000.00 cash. Have you gotten yours yet?
    Patty, I would be very careful.

Say, do you remember what happened on our senior prom?
    that night?

Oh yes

Thanks
    What was it?
    I remember it very well.
    Chat Conversation End ~

• Posted: 10 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Titusville, Florida, United States:

Yeah somebody named Mark E Musgrave is trying to sucker me with this scam. Wanting me to send $650 to Delaware then I will receive $450,000 dollars and a Nissan pick-up truck. Some one hacked my gsons messenger. ~

• Posted: 10 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Alberta, Canada:

Hello,

I just got this message from someone I suppose to know, but surely it wasn't.

But I knew that. At first I thought that it was a scam.

She told me to add someone to my friends list and claim a lottery prize of some sort.

I added the person then messaged the person saying I like to claim the prize.

Then he asked me to send my email. So I did but that was it nothing more.

I message saying never mind I'm not interested.

Am I in danger of any sort? I'm not sure what to think. Decided to look it up on the inernet and found this website. ~

• Posted: 10 months, 1 week ago by info:

You are not in any danger, but the scammers will continue to attempt to scam you, because they have your email address.

Please be careful next time, especially when you are told you have won the lottery. ~

• Posted: 10 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Indianapolis, Indiana, United States:

I got one of those facebook powerball lottery today notification. They said that i won 100,000.000 and they want me to go on the website www.Powerballlottery .Tk or to email them at powerballtb@hotmail .com for confirmation.

They said that Cynthia Wilson saw my name while signing her check and ask the agent and he said that i need to claim it my self to text mr bradshaw my name and address asap 1 202 524 1659 im glad i look this up on facebook powerball lottery scam. ~

• Posted: 10 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Shelbyville, Indiana, United States:

I was personal message(pm) by a FB friend and dummy me bought it without checking out first, I sent birthday age address should have known to good to be true. ~

• Posted: 10 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Atlanta, Georgia, United States:

I was asked by a Facebook friend, her name is Tommie J. Ikpe.

I posted on fb that she is a scammer, and what I did wrong was give her my information address, age date of birth, email address and phone number.

I am calling bb first thing in the morning to report it. The name of this agent is Lawrence Rosenblum and his worker name is Tommie j. Ikpe, if you have her as a fbf delete her. ~

• Posted: 10 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I got this message this morning from someone I sent a friend request.I'm glad I checked it out, they want me to send information.no thank you ~

• Posted: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Texas, United States:

Please don't click link, but just got this from a trusted retired friend who suddenly befriended me, and I immediately smell foul. It resembles the scams listed here. I went to snopes immediately.

Here is the scam:
    --- ---
    I'm sure they might have been trying to get hold of you,I think you should contact the agent so that you can claim your own win money from her,You can click on this link https://www.facebook.com/ profile.php?id=100006681977018 It will take you to her facebook page so you can tell her you want to know if your name is still on the winners list. or you can text her (857) 776-8575
    --- --- ~

• Posted: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by info:

Please remember that there is no Facebook lottery. So, do not be tricked into sending your information and money. ~

• Posted: 10 months, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from San Francisco, California, United States:

I have given away my info to the scammer ...I'm afraid he's gonna use it! What should I do? Please advise! ~

• Posted: 10 months, 4 weeks ago by info:

The information that you have sent is not enough to steal your identity. They will attempt to use the information that you have sent them, to trick you into sending more information or money. So, please be careful next time. ~

I received a personal message from my ex-nurse manager Linda Cook who's retired, on FB that mark Zuckerberg is sharing his wealth and giving away $100k to the deaf, disabled and retirees to help out and that she saw my name as one of the recipients.

Linda Cook instructed me to friend request a Garry Wilson in charge of distributing the money. Because it was my nurse manager whom I've known to be trustworthy, I believed it but after I gave out my info, Garry Wilson told me I had to pay delivery fee first of $1,500 and send it via money gram to Sarah R Johnson, Bulls Gap, Tennessee 37711, before he's sending the $100k thru UPS which made me suspicious.

I stopped communicating with Mr. Wilson and till now he's still sending me and Linda Cook messages . Is this $100k legit or true? I'm afraid he's hacked and uses Linda Cook's profile to get to Linda Cook's friends. Am still trying to get hold of Linda Cook personally to inquire if she really sent me the messages of my winning. ~

• Posted: 8 months, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I just got that same message only the person to send a message was Steven A Rosenblum ~

• Posted: 10 months, 4 weeks ago by info:

It is a scam and you are right, Linda Facebook may have been compromised. ~

• Posted: 8 months, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Epsom, New Hampshire, United States:

ditto ive gotten the same message and he is trying to convince me the money would be good to pay for my medical expenses and so forth ~

• Posted: 11 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Heath, Ohio, United States:

Conversation started today:

2:38pm
    Hello
    How are you doing?
    2:39pm
    Getting by.
    2:41pm
    Beth
    Am extremely happy for my life. Facebook has really change my life for good. I was just wondering if you've heard about it yet. Guess what?
    2:42pm
    You can talk to me now?
    That was my guess LOL
    2:43pm
    2:43pm
    Nope.
    What is it?
    2:43pm
    2:44pm
    No I haven't
    2:44pm
    Beth
    OMG! I saw your name on the winner's list when the Ups came down to my door step delivering my winning money to me. Anyway, I think you should contact the Agent in charge to claim your own money as well. Do you know how to do that?
    2:44pm
    ME
    How did you get it? What did you have to do?
    Nope?
    2:44pm
    Here is the agent link https://www.facebook.com/ agentlarry.smith.35
    Just click on the link and send him a request.
    Timothy Payne
    2:45pm
    Ok I'll check it out
    2:50pm
    Beth
    Are you on his fb page yet?
    Timothy Payne
    2:52pm
    ME
    I was busy now. Might check it later.
    2:53pm
    Beth
    Do that now he's online right now send him friend request and message him
    2:56pm
    ME
    The Facebook Powerball Lottery emails or social networking posts are scams and you should not respond to them with your personal information. Every day, thousands of these email messages or social networking posts are sent out by scammers to trick their potential victims into sending their personal information and money to claim bogus prizes or lottery winnings.
    2:57pm
    This is real and legit
    Am very serious about it
    2:57pm
    ME
    Then give me a call. You know my number
    2:58pm
    Beth
    I got my phone missing and my land line damaged the day I got the money delivered because I was so happy , infact am planning on shopping for the best cell ever , hope you are not bothered about that, I will contact you as soon as I get a new phone
    2:58pm
    Sure. Ok.
    2:59pm
    This is real and legit
    I'm very Happy cause when I receive the money from him I paid off all my old bills took the rest to my bank to save,Bank verify and see it's real money ~

• Posted: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Terre Haute, Indiana, United States:

Just received an online message from a friend of mine saying she won $70,000 through this and saw my name was also on the list. She sent me the link to Lacey Howard's facebook page. Lacey is supposedly a Powerball employee.

After conversing back and forth with Lacey via facebook messaging, I was told I would have to pay a $1000 case file fee to prepare the "certificate of approval" from the government to verify this was legitimate. When asked if they could deduct the $1000 from my $70,000 "winnings", she said that, "No, You need to make the payment before the UPS are out for delivery." She also said any unclaimed "winnings" at 1:00pm would be forfeited and new winners would be selected. Red flags flying up everywhere!!!
    Remember: If it sounds too good to be true......it usually is!

Clever trick on their part - messaging me from my friend's account - not sure how they pulled that off, but will definitely notify my friend that her account was compromised.
    That was the only part that threw me off and gave it an air of legitimacy (at first). ~

• Posted: Aug 22, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Georgetown, South Carolina, United States:

I just received this message from Facebook to email this number 13103071831 about winnings the Powerboat.

He want so much money that I told him he's a scan artists he said no he's real but I knew he was not for real because I have been scam out of thousands of dollars before.

Just wanted people to know be careful. ~

• Posted: Aug 16, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Hardinsburg, Kentucky, United States:

Warning: This Person is a scammer who is on Facebook scamming people.

If this person Larry Smith, try's to add You to Your friends list do not accept his friend request. ~

• Posted: Aug 9, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Alliance, Ohio, United States:

I received a message on my fb from one of my friends saying they had won $150,000 and giving me an address to click on to see if my name was on the list.

I recognized something wasn't right and did not do it. ~

• Posted: Aug 9, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Robbins, Illinois, United States:

This is dumb as shit '!!!!!! ~

• Posted: Aug 4, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Stockbridge, Georgia, United States:

Saturday someone by the name Yako tried to scam me. I did give them my name, address, phone number, address and email. Should I be alarmed by this? Can they steal my identity? What should I do? Please help. ~

• Posted: Aug 4, 2014 ago by info:

They won't be able to steal your identity because you gave them your name,address, phone number and email. But, be careful going forward, because they will attempt to use that information to scam you. ~

• Posted: Jul 28, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Los Angeles, California, United States:

the agent has re-appeard at: https://www.facebook.com/agentscottbrown

He will give you a grant: You Pay $800 and get $50,000,00.

You pay $1,200 and get $90,000,00.

You pay $2,150 and get $150,000,00.

You pay $2,500 and get $200,000.00

You pay $3,200 and get $300,000.00

You pay $4,400 and get $450,000.00

You pay $5,650 and get $550,000.00

You pay $7,200 and get $750,000.00

Final you pay $10,000 get $1,000,000.00. ~

• Posted: Jul 27, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Sylva, North Carolina, United States:

I reported this to our local Sheriff dept and also to Gov3.com and they told me it was a scam you should not have to pay money to get money, I know someone in my town that did this, I told her it was a scam and she did not believe me. She sent $2000. to get $20 thousand. ~

• Posted: Jul 20, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Des Plaines, Illinois, United States:

A Michael Roberts and Patricia Herrick just contacted me about a supposed FB lottery I won just now. ~

• Posted: Jul 13, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Islamabad, Islamabad, Pakistan:

I have given my personal info. Now what should I do? ~

• Posted: Jul 13, 2014 ago by info:

They will attempt to use that info to scam you. So, be care next time. ~

• Posted: Jul 11, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Lakewood, California, United States:

How about - www.facbook .com/officerking.william? Says I won 100,000. ~

• Posted: Jul 11, 2014 ago by info:

It is a scam. There is no Facebook Lottery. ~

• Posted: Jul 6, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Shamattawa, Manitoba, Canada:

This looks like its the same thing. I was contacted by one of my fb friends that i rarely speak with. She claims to have received $100K is it possible that her account has been hacked? if so, how do i let her. ~

• Posted: Jul 6, 2014 ago by info:

Yes, her account has been compromised. Send her an email, chat message or text. Tell her to change her Facebook password and click here for instructions for removing malicious Facebook applications from her account. ~

• Posted: Jul 4, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Pompano Beach, Florida, United States:

Yea. Laurie Martin says me and 20 others won 950,000 on Facebook Powerball Lottery. Does facebook even have such a drawing? Please let me know, Mark. ~

• Posted: Jul 11, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States:

Hey I accidentally sent them my info what should I do. ~

• Posted: Jul 11, 2014 ago by info:

The scammers will attempt to use that information to trick you into sending money, so be careful next time. ~

• Posted: Jul 4, 2014 ago by info:

Mark, it is a scam. There is no Facebook Powerball Lottery. ~

• Posted: Jul 3, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Cheshire, Connecticut, United States:

I just received this one from a friend in Facebook:
    -------
    "Hello, how are you doing? I am very happy right now,I want to know if you are happy too because I got $200,000.00 delivered to me yesterday from the Powerball Commission and I saw your name on the list and the lady told me you won too. If you have not gotten the money,e-mail the lady on powerballagentp @financier.com to claim your money." ~

• Posted: Aug 9, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Guam:

Same thing . My friend told me I won and my name is in the list that I have a check. ~

• Posted: Jul 23, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I received something to the same fact. Was all alone feeling funny about the circumstances, very unsure about it.

With the friend saying she had received money already from them I thought it was good and true. I have given them some of my personal Information. Don't know if it is some they can use for Identity theft. ~

• Posted: Jun 30, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Windsor Locks, Connecticut, United States:

I live in Maine and was contacted yesterday by Carol Hedinger from facebook lottery promotions.

She said I was a winner for 100,000 dollars. Send 1,200 to westurn union and I would receive a check from ups with in eight hours.

She said to keep it between me and her and not to contact the media.

It was very akward so I informed to news stations and facebook itself. Has anyone else been contacted by CAROL HEDINGER? ~

• Posted: Jun 30, 2014 ago by info:

Once you are asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam. ~

• Posted: May 16, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from United States:

Hello..even now some lady is telling me that. Just read above.
    It's ironic because I came across this warning on her own Timeline! ~

• Posted: May 12, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from United States:

A friend of mine told me she got $90,000 after sending $1,000 to facebook agent. I was informed I was selected as a winner as well. The same thing...$1,000 sent via Western Union and in 12 hrs I will receive $90,000. Is this legitamate. ~

• Posted: May 12, 2014 ago by info:

It is a scam. Never send money via Western Union or any other money transfer services for any lottery prizes. If you asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam. ~

• Posted: May 9, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Baltimore, Maryland, United States:

One question, why is a friend to sending scam stuff to my account, or they don't even know this is all a hacked? ~

• Posted: May 9, 2014 ago by info:

It is not your friend that is sending the messages to you. It seems that friend's account was hacked or hijacked. Send a message to the friend and let them know what is happening. ~

• Posted: Apr 11, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Auburn, California, United States:

I was contacted by a Karen Galvin from Texas, informing me I won 12.500ml an a SUV Jeep. Of corse their was money involved in receiving the goods as she refers to the winning goods. Unfortunately I complied. Then informed me that after that fee was paid. Their was always more costs. Now, I received a Confermation letter from Powerball in collaboration with Facebook Signed by Karen Galvin contact manager an a John Cobhams Facebook finance. I was also given a number to call 210-888-9253. Of course everytime I called, it rang an rang then became busy. I asked, Karen Galvin why there was no answer. She informed me it was a busy phone. They are wanting 6,865 dollars for the delivery of goods. She called it a commission for the amount of the goods that would be delivered. Also, Karen Galvin, informed me of a passed winner a person named Debra, she offered to send money for me for goods. Only thing was she sent $300 in a check to Ms. Karen Galvin, she informed me that Debra's financial advisor had stopped payment on it. It's all been a devastating experience. I am disabled with a child. ~

• Posted: Apr 3, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Merced, California, United States:

I just got notified from what I thought was a cousin that he had won $50,000 and I was on the list and to contact facebook.com/ gary.saldivar.58 or text him at 213.342.1452 this appeared as a scam to me since if I won anything wouldn't I be notified personally not through a third party that turns out is not my cousin at all? I smell a dead fish in Cleveland here. ~

Were you contacted by a Karen Galvin? Or John Cobhams? ~

• Posted: Mar 16, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Alden, New York, United States:

the man that contacted me is at https://www.facebook.com/ johnhullsnr i gave limited info the man said to buy walmart money pack for verification purposes in the amount of 800.00. I didnt send money but they must have hacked a friends account because she keep verifying the money aspect and said to talk with him to maybe get a lesser amount.

I asked the friend to give me a loan and the response was she spent it all and couldnt... Please let people know about this!! ~

who is john hull snr?? he said i won 150,000.00 dollars through facebook ~

• Posted: Mar 13, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Houston, Texas, United States:

If someone just ask for my. Dob and phone# and address to send me a donation like money is it a scam. ~

• Posted: Mar 13, 2014 ago by info:

In this tough economic times, no one is going to send you free money. Do not send your information to these scammers. Giving them your phone number and DOB will allow them to call you and attempt to scam you. ~

• Posted: Mar 13, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Saint Louis, Missouri, United States:

I got an email today from someone about claiming money for Megamillions and facebook I want to no if this is a scam as well they said text these number to claim your money 1-360-207-6397 and 619-887-4759 and 447024096853 ~

• Posted: Mar 12, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Jeremiah, Kentucky, United States:

I got this through a friend saying he had got money input some info in and then he asked for cell number and Facebook ID and password I told him I did not trust him. ~

• Posted: Mar 11, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Perth, Western Australia, Australia:

I am getting a message about this from a close friend on my list does that mean them and/or me are being targeted. ~

• Posted: Mar 10, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Battle Mountain, Nevada, United States:

I was just contacted by an old friend or so I thought it was her.

She said she had won $100,000 through FB Mark Zuckerburg was giving back to Facebookers_

she gave me the name of who to contact and friend on FB this is what she said

am so happy because i got $100,000 from the promotion made by Facebook Founder Mr Mark Zuckerberg for the annual seasoning to make all Facebook User benefit from the gain of the company
    so you have not contact them about it yet
    should i give you their facebook contact so you can send them a friend request and you will be able to talk better

THIS IS THE LINK SHE GAVE ME TO FRIEND
    https://www.facebook.com/ smithfedex.lewisjohn

This was our conversation::

click on the link right now to send the friend request to them
    I didThen what do I do next

have they accept your request

now, message them and let them know you are ready to claim your money from facebook
    I did

ok
    He asked for my address and phone #

ok, have you given it to him
    yesThey asked where I found out about it and they recognized your name

oh ok
    Nancy did you have to pay to get your money?

yes i paid for the certificate fees and i was deliver my money the same day i contact them
    It sounds like a scam but if you are sure I will do it

i am really sure about this and i know they will also get your money deliver to you
    the certificate schedule they gave me shows I have to pay $1200 to get 100,000.

i also paid $1200 and i was deliver with the $100,000

BBB has received reports recently about an email scam involving Facebook. The email purports to be directly from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and says you’re the winner of a million-dollar Facebook sweepstakes.
    The email is a scam and it’s suspected that it’s being used to deliver malware onto consumers’ computers.

As a result, BBB warns anyone who receives it to avoid clicking any links and to delete the email immediately.

Aside from the use of Facebook to draw consumers in, the email scam carries with it many common red flags: consumers are being emailed out of the blue, they’re being asked to click on suspect links in order to “claim a prize,” and there’s often an explicit demand for confidentiality, as well.

Should you receive an email like this, you can report it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.

- See more at: http://www.bbb .org/blog/2011/12/ facebook-lottery-scam/# sthash.bY8BeDI2.dpuf

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home
    www.ic3.gov ~

• Posted: Apr 22, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Majuro, Marshall Islands:

Same information came to me. The whole bit and had the same problem got a friend or so i thought it was him said i got $100,000.00 and to contact this person Robert Johnson. This Robert told me to send $500.00 to get my wining. Almost had me fooled there. ~

• Posted: Mar 12, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Okolona, Mississippi, United States:

I got stung for $1000 the same way western union and he wanted $6000 more for IRS fee which I did not send...it was a friend that sent me the email www.facebook.com/ davidryan.353803952 who can you call to expose or complain about this ?
      4 ~

• Posted: Feb 28, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Plymouth, Indiana, United States:

Robert S Collins along with Paula Bowling tried to scam me out of thousands of dollars on February 26, 2014 through facebook messaging. Paula Bowling is from Hazard, Kentucky so she says on her facebook profile. Robert S Collins does not work alone! ~

I got this to but from Charles Ritchie from hazard ~

• Posted: Mar 2, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Centerburg, Ohio, United States:

I fell for this scam unfortunately i am smarter than that! Mine happenef Feb. 27Th2014. No he is not working alone! I traced 3 different IP#'s 1 in livingston NJ, 1 in Hernadan VA, another in Lockton NY. I gave then my info( not banking) but my address, etc. I also western unioned and money gram $750.00 each. Plus the charge of wire transfer...$60.00. I have contacted FBI - ICV. For online scams and western union fraud dept. I know the red flags were there. I received a msg. From who i thought was my uncle. It appears he was hacked too ! I want to stop these crooks from doing this to others! They prey on peoples dreams! It' s sick! I have saved all my conversations with that crook, and snapshotted his web page on Facebook before he removed it! I can't believe I fell for this! I am too embarassed to tell my friends and family I fell for this! ~

• Posted: Mar 25, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Newbury Park, California, United States:

Mine was from Trish Engle Neace of Hazard county KY. I have contacted Hazard county sheriffs department and I am determined to get her locked up! Along with Nicholas Wiggers in Tampa FL. where I sent the $ I opened an investigation with Western Union fraud DEPT. Their video should prove who picked up the $ I sent! Also via moneygram! ~

• Posted: Feb 20, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Canada:

Was messaged by my cousin saying I won 50,000 dollars.did these scammers hack her Facebook??just want to know if its real or a scam please? ~

• Posted: Feb 21, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada:

Here is another scam:
      ----------

My name is Agent Williams James in charge of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion which was imposed and authorized by the CEO/ Founder of Facebook Mr Mark Zuckerberg. We remember your Facebook User name on our Winner's List and congratulation you are one of the Lucky winner of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion. We Embarked on a worldwide promotion for Disable, Unemployed, Worker's, Retired, Young's ~

• Posted: Feb 21, 2014 ago by info:

This is a scam. Never send your money or information to anyone online that you do not know. ~

• Posted: Feb 27, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Oakland, California, United States:

What if you didn't send all your info just a little and you didn't send money will you still be ok ~

• Posted: Feb 14, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Bloomingdale, Illinois, United States:

My girlfriend got messaged on fb that she won 500,000 and they want her to pay a sum of 3000 in order to get the winnings. I told her not to give any info.but the woman is very persistent on helping her with some of the money and she can pay it back out of the winnings. Please let everyone know the scam or lottery is back praying on peoples financial burdens and hopes ~

• Posted: Feb 8, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Hinesville, Georgia, United States:

This message came from someone I know on facebook:
    ---------

I actually want to tell you that i just receive $100,000.00 cheque from Facebook affiliated with powerball / megamillion and the cash was delivered to me here at my home and address but when i was signing for my cash your name appear next to my name and i asked the agent he said you need to claim it yourself... You need to email them now and claim it tell them you want to check your name on the winning list ... here is the email megamillionsandfacebook @outlook.com or edmundbrown @outlook.com, or brown.edmund53 @yahoo.com or text them you want to check your name 1-317-721-6597 or call 44-702-409-6853 ~

It happened to me like that too it was someone on my Facebook who said the same thing and gave me the info to contact this person ~

• Posted: Jan 31, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Providence, Utah, United States:

I received this massage in Facebook inbox
    This is true or not?
    ----------
    Facebook Lottery Supports

UK FACEBOOK LOTTERY AWARD
    13 Liverpool Road, Islington, London
    United Kingdom
    Tel: 44-741-848-0082

Dear Facebook Winner,

CONGRATULATIONS!! - You have just won yourself the sum of £800,000.00 (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) in the ongoing Facebook 2013 lottery program. All participants were selected through our administrative database, from over Five hundred million facebook Accounts in the Middle East Geographic zone:Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, as part of our international promotion program which is conducted annually... ~

• Posted: Jan 31, 2014 ago by info:

This is a scam. If you receive any messages about Facebook Lottery, it is a scam. ~

• Posted: Jan 30, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Urbana, Illinois, United States:

I just received a text that says "My name is Jeff Meadow in charge of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion, may I have your full name and location to check if you are among the lucky winners." I gave my name and location (this info is already on my facebook page) then I responded "this is a hoax." I'm sure I won't here from this Jeff again! ~

• Posted: Jan 22, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States:

Be careful all I have recently been a victim of these scams!! Its a humiliating experience. I got all those messages and believed I won until I was beaten out of $2152.98...please be careful because I wasn't and now I have to fight this battle between me and ary steve ~

• Posted: Jan 20, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Gastonia, North Carolina, United States:

Yep,a FB friend contacted me(supposedly) I didn't send money, but filled out the info. I guessed anyone would know my address(via internet), and other things. Worry about them having my FB email though. Should I changed it? ~

• Posted: Mar 22, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Houston, Texas, United States:

I gave my info, but they send it from one of your friends account that why they want your password so they can use your account to send it. Its just crazy. It happened to me today but I didn't send money. I gave my info though. ~

• Posted: Jan 20, 2014 ago by info:

There is no need to change your FB email address. Just be careful, because those scammers will be sending you more of these fraudulent email messages. ~

• Posted: Jan 16, 2014 ago by info:

If you are notified by a Facebook friend or anyone else with a message claiming that you are on the Facebook Powerball winners list, and you should notify somone else in order to claim your money, please DO NOT respond to the message or send your hard earned money.

This is a scam. There is no Facebook Powerball lottery. Once you are asked to pay money in order to receive money, it is the first sign that you are being scammed.

Thousands of Facebook users have been receiving these messages. ~

• Posted: Jan 14, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Oakland, California, United States:

I have recently gotten one of these scams, but I sent out my information before thinking. I have changed my passwords , but I'm worried about them knowing my name and address. I did not give then any security numbers for my back account, so should i be worried? ~

• Posted: Jan 20, 2014 ago by info:

There is no need to worry. Just be careful, because those scammers will be sending you more of these fraudulent email messages. ~

• Posted: Jan 9, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States:

I just recently ,got one of these scams , not exactly the way they read here ,but I didn;t realise it was a scam until they ask for money,in which I already gave them my name an address an phone number . I don;t have any credit cards or bank accounts but this worries me now that they have my address an name age and phone number and e mail , is there anything I can do My daughter reported them an blocked them an I changed my passwords , But still bothers me that they already have my address an name and age .. If there is any advice you could give me Id appreciate it very much. Thank you Kathy ~

• Posted: Jan 20, 2014 ago by info:

There is no need to worry. Just be careful next time, because those scammers will be sending you more of these fraudulent email messages. ~

• Posted: Dec 31, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Seattle, Washington, United States:

I received a message from a friend on Facebook telling me my name was on the receivers list along with her name as a power ball winner in the Facebook Anniversary Promo,I sent the information they wanted.How stupid could I be!What can I do about this? ~

• Posted: Jan 20, 2014 ago by info:

There is nothing you can really do after submitting your information to these cybercriminals. Just be careful, because those scammers will be sending you more of these fraudulent email messages. ~

• Posted: Dec 29, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I got the msg today from one of my facebook friends. Beware Robert S. Collins...... ~

• Posted: Dec 13, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Southfield, Michigan, United States:

I have just been contacted on Facebook about winning the Powerball through they're anniversary promo. ~

• Posted: Dec 12, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Micronesia:

i just received one now...thanks so much for that ~

• Posted: Dec 8, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from United States:

What can I do if I sent them my information ~

• Posted: Dec 4, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from United States:

What can I do if I all ready sent it? ~

• Posted: Dec 3, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Richland, Mississippi, United States:

I have received two of them they use your friends to send it. ~

• Posted: Dec 2, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from United States:

I got this Facebook message:

I am from Facebook/Powerball Lotto, Ohio, Texas. I am an agent attached with the Facebook Lottery program which is aimed at rewarding all Facebook Users and as part of the recent ongoing Lottery, your Name emerged as a lucky winner for this month. Winners are selected randomly through an electronic ballot system and all facebook users are automatically entered for this draw with their facebook name . I am sending this message from our headquarters here in Texas. I'm here to tell you that you luckily won the Powerball/ Facebook Lottery for this month and the Powerball Lottery Foundation has agreed to give you the sum of FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. Your Ticket Number is: P786475604545 188 87 042 with serial number: 07/043/39/50/26/90 /. I will be looking forward to hear from you.

Note that your Certificate of Winning is being processed and you will be shown if you request for it. It serves as a solid proof that you actually won the money package.

Just reply this message if you are willing to claim your money package. ~

• Posted: Dec 2, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Colbert, Washington, United States:

It says that the FB page was removed, but I just got an email with the same thing above from a friend of mine. 12/2/2013. I sent him a msg. to change his password, and I changed mine. People need to get a bleeping life and a REAL job. ~

• Posted: Dec 1, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from New Knoxville, Ohio, United States:

I got one from a freind saying check this out and I did and if I send 800 to this address they will send 30000 to me ~

• Posted: Dec 1, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Coweta, Oklahoma, United States:

I bit on the scam as I thought I was talking to a very close friend. In the message she said that she had won $50000.00 and my name was on the list. She, or I thought it was her told me about paying off bills with the money and gave me the place to contact. This I did. A man calling himself David Smith Jr., who is on facbook contacted me. I did send the $450.00. Then he told me that I needed to send $800.00 more. I did not send the money that time. I know I am out the money. But I don't want to have other people get mixed up with him and loss money like I did. I do want people to know about this David Smith Jr.. I hope you can do this for me. Thank you for taking the time to read this from an old lady. W. Morfeld ~

• Posted: Nov 26, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Micronesia:

Agent Mark Thomas almost fooled me. Luckily i didn't follow, better luck next time Agent Mark Thomas, Agent Mark Dan, and Agent Mark Turner. :) Pwis ke deh kaing..;)... ~

• Posted: Nov 25, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Buckley, Washington, United States:

Ya, this is what I got on Facebook today:

"I actually just want to tell you that i just receive $50,000 from Powerball Lottery anniversary and the cash was delivered to me here at my home address but when i was signing for my cash your name appear next to my name and i asked the agent he said you need to claim it yourself... You need to email them now and claim it tell them you want to check your name on the winning list ... Here are their claiming Agent Contact Emails and Numbers bellow:-Agent Agent Ary Steve or Kevin Robinson {arysteve@yahoo.com or kevinrobinson4299@hotmail.com }Or you can call their contact number:- { 14355298163} or text { 16178559428}"

How are these people getting away with this? ~

• Posted: Apr 16, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Millport, Alabama, United States:

I got this same message, it was from my cousin, almost fell for it ,but I felt that something was wrong...please be careful people..... ~

• Posted: Nov 23, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Lady Lake, Florida, United States:

Do they actually get a real check or is it a fake one? The person that called me said she paid a $1,500.00 fee to get her check. Please advise. ~

• Posted: Nov 19, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Alexandria, Minnesota, United States:

I got one today from someone on my list saying they won 100,000 and they seen my name on the list.SCAM! ~

• Posted: Nov 16, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from City of, London, United Kingdom:

Love the fact the wording is so obvious that its been badly translated.
    Iv had similar message sent to me by 5 people in the last 2 days. but saying it was a lucky draw my the Facebook CEO. ~

• Posted: Nov 14, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Las Vegas, Nevada, United States:

This is what i got today through one of my facebook friend. Thinking her Facebook is hacked........

--------------------
    I'm so happy, how are you? did you hear about the Facebook Anniversary Promo in Collaboration Powerball Lottery? because i received $50,000 from Powerball and Facebook Organization and I wonder if you gotten your cheque too ?because I saw your name on the Facebook list of unclaimed funds and I ask the courier service that brought my cheque to my front door but he said they can not locate your address so that’s why am sending you this message to get you informed on how to claim your winning cheque too . before it close Agent Mark Thomas email and number.... ( claimprizess2013@yahoo.com or Text on 503) 741 8310, So you can also receive your payment check.
    Today

Oh yes this is real .....I got my $50,000.00 check from the Facebook Anniversary Promo in collaboration Powerball Lottery. They gave me the money for Facebook user support and I asked my lawyer, bank and police, they told me its real, I have received it and i am really happy to paid all my bills and buy some good things.......they are alot of people that get it too, You can contact agent Mark Thomas on ( claimprizess2013@yahoo.com or Text on 503) 741 8310, So you can also receive your payment.
    -------------------- ~

• Posted: Nov 10, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Antioch, Illinois, United States:

ok, nobody are telln us wat wud happened if u sent your info already ~

• Posted: Nov 6, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Leeds, Alabama, United States:

Here is a version i recieved this morning as a message on facebook from a friend.

I actually just want to tell you that i just receive $50,000 from Powerball Lottery anniversary and they cash was delivered to me here at my home address but when i was signing for my cash your name appear next to my name and i asked the agent he said you need to claim it yourself... You need to email them now and claim it tell them you want to check your name on the winning list ... here is the email powerballagency11@li­­­­­­­­ve.com or powerballagency1@gma­­­­­­­­il.com or scott_wallacee75@yah­­oo.com or text them you want to check your name (206) 397-8415 . Text or email them your full name and address and they will tell you everything you need to do to get yours. Good luck to you ~

• Posted: Oct 25, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Fremont, California, United States:

Poor grammar is a big clue that this is a scam. ~

• Posted: Oct 25, 2013 ago by info:

There is nothing much that you can do after sending your information to these scammers. What you can do going forward is not to quickly click on links in emails and never send your personal or financial information to anyone in an email message. Especially, to persons requesting money. ~

• Posted: Oct 24, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Jacksonville, Florida, United States:

What do I do if I have already sent them my personal information? ~

• Posted: Oct 23, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Union City, Michigan, United States:

I just got this scam. They where asking for money. I didn't give them any money or any bank information. How can we put a stop to these scams? I don't want people to get ahold of my information. And I don't just give my bank information out to just anyone. ~

• Posted: Oct 14, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Seattle, Washington, United States:

I saw your name on the Facebook list of unclaimed funds and I ask the courier service that brought my cash to my front door but he said they can not locate your address so that’s why am sending you this message to get you informed on how to claim your winning cash too, you can contact Agent Wayne Adkins on { Powerballagentwayne @yahoo.com // Powerballcompanyagentwayne @usa.com }, or you can send them A Text 1 (402)-313-8145 so you can also receive your Winning prize check

I got this same message today basically I'm not into scams so this is crazy ~

• Posted: Oct 4, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Barrigada, Guam:

I was asked by a friend on Facebook if I received my winning price worth of 50,000.00 and she gave me some email address and a # to text to, I already send a message but I'm writing in my own language. Please help me out if this kind of person already got my information? ~

• Posted: Sep 29, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States:

I was sent the following messages from one of my facebook friends around 9 am, September 29th, 2013 (for time references, in case anybody's wondering when it last happened):

"I was just wondering if you have heard about the Facebook Lotttery promotion that was imposed by facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to help and support retired, widow,unemployed, disable, full/part time worker's. Have you ever heard about this before??"

and

"The promotion was made to some facebook user in other to benefit from them its a randomly picked of profile on facebook and get $70,000.00 did you get yours from them ???"

My friend proceeded to send me messages talking about how she got her money and she saw my name on the list and was wondering if I got mine. She even sent my a link to some guys' facebook profile page so I could contact them and get my money. I suggested it was a scam and she insisted it was "real and legit" and said her bank verified it for her, etc., etc.

If this weren't enough, I know this particular friend has had problems with getting hacked in the past, and I knew that if it were really her speaking to me that it would be a lot less detailed.

I was certain it was a scam but wanted proof, so I googled it and found this page.

Needless to say I reported this to facebook.

Don't fall for this guys, and don't click on any links. And a thank you to this page for confirming my suspicions. ~

• Posted: Aug 3, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Vicksburg, Mississippi, United States:

I got this same message from my friend stating this message, now I am out of thousands of dollars

~

• Posted: Sep 12, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Canada:

my facebook account has been taken over and used for this purpose. I am no longer able to access my Facebook account. they are using my account to try to lure my friends into making the same mistake. they're now blackmailing me with the use of my account to pay them the money that they demand from me. ~

• Posted: Sep 7, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Detroit, Michigan, United States:

I have just been a victim of this scam all the way up to Agent Mark Turner asking me to take $1,000 cash and send it to David Jacobo 10324 6th pls Apt 15
    Federal Way. WA 98003 US
    He also told me to keep it a secret for security purposes.
    I sent my personal information even after having an inside struggle about doing so. When the money was asked for I became angry because I Am already struggling and NOW I'n OFFENDED BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS. I knew better. It sounded too good to be true, yet still, because of my financial needs I was very hopeful. smh ~

• Posted: Aug 31, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Bankstown, New South Wales, Australia:

This was sent to me:
    --------------------------

CONGRATULATION!
    Thanks for getting back to us Asap. We got your information And Your information have Been Programmed in our Database. The UPS are ready to bring your package money to your door step in the next 24hour. Finally,You have to pay for Case file fee and the delivery fees, so that the UPS can bring the package to your door step in the next 7 hours from now.

ou will need to pay for Delivery Fees and Case file fees.
    You pay $1,000 and get $100,000,00.
    You pay $1,500 and get $150,000,00.
    You pay $2,000 and get $200,000,00.
    You pay $3,000 and get $250,000,00.
    You pay $4,000 and get $350,000.00
    You pay $5,000 and get $500,000.00
    Choose your preferable winning price, so that the UPS can bring your money Asap.

We Guarantee 100% & Assurance that once you make the payment your winning money will be deliver to you 48 hours after the payment is Made. Let me know when you are ready to make the payment So we can prepare all necessary documents and give you the INFO to be used in making payment Via Western Union Money Transfer. ~

• Posted: Apr 6, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Cypress, California, United States:

it's a scam. Don't fall for it. ~

This was sent to me:
    ------

just click on the link and sent him friend request. https://www.facebook.com /officerhowardlee Tell him you want to know if your name is still on the winner's list his always online there to attend to the claiming winner ok?,Or you text him on his text number which is (646) 783-8084 ~

• Posted: Aug 30, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from United Kingdom:

there is someone on FB who sent this to my mate:
    --------------------------------
    Hello and how you doing today? I’m so happy because I got 300,000.00 cash from Facebook affiliated powerball/megamillions. They are giving the fund to people using facebook to support them.I wonder if you gotten your Cash too ?because I saw your name on the Facebook list of unclaimed funds and I ask the courier service that brought my cash to my front door but he said they can not locate your address so that’s why am sending you this message to get you informed on how to claim your winning cash too .Here is their claiming Agent Contact Emails and Number:-Agent Scott scottcrocker99@hotmail.com . write back to me let me know ~

• Posted: Aug 27, 2013 ago by info:

If you have already sent your personal information, they will try to use this information to scam you by sending more email messages to you. So, just be careful of the email messages that you receive in the future. ~

• Posted: Aug 27, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Columbiana, Alabama, United States:

I already sent my personal info in to them,how can I protect myself now? ~

• Posted: Aug 16, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Sheridan, Wyoming, United States:

Recieved thru facebook name Lynn Risdale that I was a winner and she had won also. She stated she sent her $650.00 for the processing fee and they delivered $450,000.00 and a brand new 2013 Nissan truck and that I had won also. I needed to contact this "Michael Barbara" at federaldeliveryagent@gmail.com I did. He told me that I too had won a brand new 2013 Nissan truck and $450,000.00. All I needed to do was send $650.00 processing fee by Western Union and I would recieve this money and truck. I have looked all over to find the scam on this and found this page. ~

• Posted: May 15, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Detroit, Michigan, United States:

This is a Facebook scam. Teresa Kennedy sent I was a winner the agent text my phone said I would. Have to pay 400 Dollars to receive my winning ~

• Posted: May 15, 2014 ago by info:

Yes, it is a scam. If you are asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam. ~

• Posted: Aug 9, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Hamer, South Carolina, United States:

Hello, My name is Agent Mark Dann in charge of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion which was imposed and authorized by the CEO/ Founder of Facebook Mr Mark Zuckerberg. We remember your Facebook User name on our Winner's List and congratulation you are one of the Lucky winner of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion. We Embarked on a worldwide promotion for Disable, Unemployed, Worker's, Retired, Young's & Old's people's, A Sophisticated Automated Database to Randomly select E-mail Accounts that frequently surf the Internet.Consequent upon this, Your Facebook Profile Account was picked for Category A Winners, you have been selected as a winner. We Are United Power To Success and Focus For Deaf People, Hearing, Poor and Retire Workers in the Community, Supported By The United State Of America Government. So your name was chosen on FACEBOOK by the owner of facebook so let us know if you are ready to claim the money now ?

You'll have to Fill a form, So the UPS can Locate Your Destination at the point of delivery of your winning money and also for Security reasons
    So are you ready to do that?

Name............. Address.......... City............. State............. Zip code.......... Country........... Date Of Birth........ E-mail Address............ Text phone............... Occupation................. Male or female...... Age................ Deaf or Hearing....... Do you Own a house or Rent Appt......... Do you want cash or check.........? Regard , Mark Dann

Ok
    (248) 564-7400 this is my text number text me now
    CONGRATULATION! Thanks for getting back to us Asap. We got your information And Your information have Been Programmed in our Database. The UPS are ready to bring your package money to your door step in the next 7hour. Finally,You have to pay for Case file fee and the delivery fees, so that the UPS can bring the package to your door step in the next 7 hours from now. You will need to pay for Delivery Fees and Case file fees

You pay $1,000 and get $100,000,00. You pay $1,500 and get $150,000,00. You pay $2,000 and get $200,000,00. You pay $3,000 and get $250,000,00. You pay $4,000 and get $350,000.00 You pay $5,000 and get $500,000.00 Chose your preferable winning price, so that the UPS can bring your money Asap

You will have to pay it to motherless babies home

deborah smith 60 airport rd,arden nc 28704

After you send the money . the money will be delivered to you after 7hours ~

• Posted: May 18, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Fort Knox, Kentucky, United States:

I have been a victum of this scam..I was told by a friend she recieved $82,000 and she seen my name on the delivery list and told me to contact a Jessica Nelson to see if I was still on the winning list..I was to recieve $85,000 but I had to send $1000 for case file fee..yes I did then it came to me saying my winnings increased to $120,000 but had to send another $1000..I did n got told my check would b delivered in 24 hrs by ups..the following day I recieved a msg with what looked like a legit form from facebook n powerball a certificate of approval with my name on it for $200,000..but had to send $1000 for tax purposes..again I complied..but here I sit a week later no check n they keep asking for money..which I have been refusing to do..ive requested my $3000 back n they tell me I have to send $500 for refund fees to get my money back..im refusing that..it was a close family member I thought who wouldnt do that to us..come to find out this family member has not used that certain fb profile in almost a yr..and upon further digging..I now know there was no powerball and facebook lottery for the deaf n hearing impaired..we have lost $3000. Plus sending fees of almost $100..and nothing to show for it..is there anyway to trace the people responsible for this ~