bell Warning: JavaScript is turned off! Some features on this website will not work without it. We recommend turning it on.
Online Threat Alerts: Alerting you to scams, malware, fraud, hoaxes and other cyber threats.

Facebook Powerball Lottery Scam

Date: August 01, 2013 3:43 PM - Views: 31,630 - Comments: 109
Facebook Powerball Lottery Scam

The Facebook Powerball Lottery emails or social networking posts are scams and you should not respond to them with your personal information. Every day, thousands of these email messages or social networking posts are sent out by scammers to trick their potential victims into sending their personal information and money to claim bogus prizes or lottery winnings.

Here are 3 copies of the Facebook Powerball Lottery scam

Thank God …i am so happy,finally i got my $50,000 check from the Facebook Powerball Lottery organization.but it seems i am not the only winner here when i was signing to receive my $50,000 US dollars winning prize on the receivers list with the FedEx men i saw your name and your profile picture on the Facebook winners list. so contact the agent to confirm your name is on the list here is their email address you can email or text them (powerballagent50@gmail.com)and the number +1 561-246-5348 contact them now…

Hello, i actually want to ask you if you hear about the Facebook Anniversary Promo in collaboration with Powerball Lottery organization? they gave me $50,000 to compensate me as one of the Facebook member i was selected by Facebook Random system program. on this website and all countries and have already gotten my $50,000 winning prize check,and when the FedEx men brought my check i saw your name and picture on the winning list when am about to sign to receive my Cheque and that's why am letting you know now before it will be late., i wonder if you have got your $50,000 check yet because I asked and they told me they will deliver the check to you too because you are among the list go for yours now here is their, address you can email or text them (gwinsurance_insurer@hotmail.com & pwballanthony@gmail.com)an the number 1(917)7251984 contact then now....

Hello,how are you? I actually want to ask you something, did you hear about the Facebook Anniversary Promo in collaboration Powerball Lottery? I got $50,000.00 winning check from them. They gave me the money for a Deaf/Hearing support and its apart of measure and to compensate the few people that was selected from Facebook Random selection program on this website from the listed countries:Canada,Australia,United States, United Kingdom, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania and have already gotten my check, But when they brought my check i saw your name on the winning list when am about to sign and that why am letting you known now before it will be late., I wonder if you get your check yet because I asked and they told me they will deliver the check to you too because you re amoung the list of winners too. So that why am emailing you to let you know, did you get your own yet? if not you have to contact the Agent Mark Thomas on ( winningprize2012@yahoo.com / winningprize2012@gmail.com ) or Text on +17073568339,

This scam is located on Facebook.com at the following website address:
hxxp://www.facebook.com/pages/ Powerball-Lottery/504611352911612

But, this page has since been removed by Facebook. Other pages may appear, so please be on the lookout.

Currently, there is no Facebook Powerball Lottery and Facebook or other legitimate organizations will never ask you to send them your personal information via email, text message or telephone.

If you look at the messages above, you will notice that the contact email addresses are hotmail.com, yahoo.com and gmail.com. Email addresses at these free email providers can be created by anyone, so be careful when asked to send information to these email addresses.

Please do not respond to these messages with your personal information, unless you want your identity and money stolen.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below.

Comments or Questions (109)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 1 week, 1 day ago

Conversation started today:

2:38pm
    Hello
    How are you doing?
    2:39pm
    Getting by.
    2:41pm
    Beth
    Am extremely happy for my life. Facebook has really change my life for good. I was just wondering if you've heard about it yet. Guess what?
    2:42pm
    You can talk to me now?
    That was my guess LOL
    2:43pm
    Beth
    Have you heard about the Facebook Powerball Grants Program that was imposed by Mr Zuckerberg, in regards to help Facebook Users?
    2:43pm
    Nope.
    What is it?
    2:43pm
    Beth
    Oh I though you'll have heard 'bout it. They support people with free bonus money. Although, I am so excited because I am one of the lucky winner, I won $150,000.00 cash. Have you gotten yours yet?
    2:44pm
    No I haven't
    2:44pm
    Beth
    OMG! I saw your name on the winner's list when the Ups came down to my door step delivering my winning money to me. Anyway, I think you should contact the Agent in charge to claim your own money as well. Do you know how to do that?
    2:44pm
    ME
    How did you get it? What did you have to do?
    Nope?
    2:44pm
    Here is the agent link https://www.facebook.com/ agentlarry.smith.35
    Just click on the link and send him a request.
    Timothy Payne
    2:45pm
    Ok I'll check it out
    2:50pm
    Beth
    Are you on his fb page yet?
    Timothy Payne
    2:52pm
    ME
    I was busy now. Might check it later.
    2:53pm
    Beth
    Do that now he's online right now send him friend request and message him
    2:56pm
    2:57pm
    This is real and legit
    Am very serious about it
    2:57pm
    ME
    Then give me a call. You know my number
    2:58pm
    Beth
    I got my phone missing and my land line damaged the day I got the money delivered because I was so happy , infact am planning on shopping for the best cell ever , hope you are not bothered about that, I will contact you as soon as I get a new phone
    2:58pm
    Sure. Ok.
    2:59pm
    This is real and legit
    I'm very Happy cause when I receive the money from him I paid off all my old bills took the rest to my bank to save,Bank verify and see it's real money ~

• Anonymous: 1 week, 6 days ago

Just received an online message from a friend of mine saying she won $70,000 through this and saw my name was also on the list. She sent me the link to Lacey Howard's facebook page. Lacey is supposedly a Powerball employee.

After conversing back and forth with Lacey via facebook messaging, I was told I would have to pay a $1000 case file fee to prepare the "certificate of approval" from the government to verify this was legitimate. When asked if they could deduct the $1000 from my $70,000 "winnings", she said that, "No, You need to make the payment before the UPS are out for delivery." She also said any unclaimed "winnings" at 1:00pm would be forfeited and new winners would be selected. Red flags flying up everywhere!!!
    Remember: If it sounds too good to be true......it usually is!

Clever trick on their part - messaging me from my friend's account - not sure how they pulled that off, but will definitely notify my friend that her account was compromised.
    That was the only part that threw me off and gave it an air of legitimacy (at first). ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I just received this message from Facebook to email this number 13103071831 about winnings the Powerboat.

He want so much money that I told him he's a scan artists he said no he's real but I knew he was not for real because I have been scam out of thousands of dollars before.

Just wanted people to know be careful. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Warning: This Person is a scammer who is on Facebook scamming people.

If this person Larry Smith, try's to add You to Your friends list do not accept his friend request. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I received a message on my fb from one of my friends saying they had won $150,000 and giving me an address to click on to see if my name was on the list.

I recognized something wasn't right and did not do it. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

This is dumb as shit '!!!!!! ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 0 week ago

Saturday someone by the name Yako tried to scam me. I did give them my name, address, phone number, address and email. Should I be alarmed by this? Can they steal my identity? What should I do? Please help. ~

• info: 2 months, 0 week ago

They won't be able to steal your identity because you gave them your name,address, phone number and email. But, be careful going forward, because they will attempt to use that information to scam you. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

the agent has re-appeard at: https://www.facebook.com/agentscottbrown

He will give you a grant: You Pay $800 and get $50,000,00.

You pay $1,200 and get $90,000,00.

You pay $2,150 and get $150,000,00.

You pay $2,500 and get $200,000.00

You pay $3,200 and get $300,000.00

You pay $4,400 and get $450,000.00

You pay $5,650 and get $550,000.00

You pay $7,200 and get $750,000.00

Final you pay $10,000 get $1,000,000.00. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

I reported this to our local Sheriff dept and also to Gov3.com and they told me it was a scam you should not have to pay money to get money, I know someone in my town that did this, I told her it was a scam and she did not believe me. She sent $2000. to get $20 thousand. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

A Michael Roberts and Patricia Herrick just contacted me about a supposed FB lottery I won just now. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago

I have given my personal info. Now what should I do? ~

• info: 2 months, 3 weeks ago

They will attempt to use that info to scam you. So, be care next time. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 4 weeks ago

How about - www.facbook .com/officerking.william? Says I won 100,000. ~

• info: 2 months, 4 weeks ago

It is a scam. There is no Facebook Lottery. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 0 week ago

This looks like its the same thing. I was contacted by one of my fb friends that i rarely speak with. She claims to have received $100K is it possible that her account has been hacked? if so, how do i let her. ~

• info: 3 months, 0 week ago

Yes, her account has been compromised. Send her an email, chat message or text. Tell her to change her Facebook password and click here for instructions for removing malicious Facebook applications from her account. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 0 week ago

Yea. Laurie Martin says me and 20 others won 950,000 on Facebook Powerball Lottery. Does facebook even have such a drawing? Please let me know, Mark. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 4 weeks ago

Hey I accidentally sent them my info what should I do. ~

• info: 2 months, 4 weeks ago

The scammers will attempt to use that information to trick you into sending money, so be careful next time. ~

• info: 3 months, 0 week ago

Mark, it is a scam. There is no Facebook Powerball Lottery. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 1 week ago

I just received this one from a friend in Facebook:
    -------
    "Hello, how are you doing? I am very happy right now,I want to know if you are happy too because I got $200,000.00 delivered to me yesterday from the Powerball Commission and I saw your name on the list and the lady told me you won too. If you have not gotten the money,e-mail the lady on powerballagentp @financier.com to claim your money." ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Same thing . My friend told me I won and my name is in the list that I have a check. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I received something to the same fact. Was all alone feeling funny about the circumstances, very unsure about it.

With the friend saying she had received money already from them I thought it was good and true. I have given them some of my personal Information. Don't know if it is some they can use for Identity theft. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 1 week ago

I live in Maine and was contacted yesterday by Carol Hedinger from facebook lottery promotions.

She said I was a winner for 100,000 dollars. Send 1,200 to westurn union and I would receive a check from ups with in eight hours.

She said to keep it between me and her and not to contact the media.

It was very akward so I informed to news stations and facebook itself. Has anyone else been contacted by CAROL HEDINGER? ~

• info: 3 months, 1 week ago

Once you are asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Hello..even now some lady is telling me that. Just read above.
    It's ironic because I came across this warning on her own Timeline! ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 0 week ago

A friend of mine told me she got $90,000 after sending $1,000 to facebook agent. I was informed I was selected as a winner as well. The same thing...$1,000 sent via Western Union and in 12 hrs I will receive $90,000. Is this legitamate. ~

• info: 5 months, 0 week ago

It is a scam. Never send money via Western Union or any other money transfer services for any lottery prizes. If you asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 1 week ago

One question, why is a friend to sending scam stuff to my account, or they don't even know this is all a hacked? ~

• info: 5 months, 1 week ago

It is not your friend that is sending the messages to you. It seems that friend's account was hacked or hijacked. Send a message to the friend and let them know what is happening. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 0 week ago

I was contacted by a Karen Galvin from Texas, informing me I won 12.500ml an a SUV Jeep. Of corse their was money involved in receiving the goods as she refers to the winning goods. Unfortunately I complied. Then informed me that after that fee was paid. Their was always more costs. Now, I received a Confermation letter from Powerball in collaboration with Facebook Signed by Karen Galvin contact manager an a John Cobhams Facebook finance. I was also given a number to call 210-888-9253. Of course everytime I called, it rang an rang then became busy. I asked, Karen Galvin why there was no answer. She informed me it was a busy phone. They are wanting 6,865 dollars for the delivery of goods. She called it a commission for the amount of the goods that would be delivered. Also, Karen Galvin, informed me of a passed winner a person named Debra, she offered to send money for me for goods. Only thing was she sent $300 in a check to Ms. Karen Galvin, she informed me that Debra's financial advisor had stopped payment on it. It's all been a devastating experience. I am disabled with a child. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 2 weeks ago

I just got notified from what I thought was a cousin that he had won $50,000 and I was on the list and to contact facebook.com/ gary.saldivar.58 or text him at 213.342.1452 this appeared as a scam to me since if I won anything wouldn't I be notified personally not through a third party that turns out is not my cousin at all? I smell a dead fish in Cleveland here. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 0 week ago

Were you contacted by a Karen Galvin? Or John Cobhams? ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 0 week ago

the man that contacted me is at https://www.facebook.com/ johnhullsnr i gave limited info the man said to buy walmart money pack for verification purposes in the amount of 800.00. I didnt send money but they must have hacked a friends account because she keep verifying the money aspect and said to talk with him to maybe get a lesser amount.

I asked the friend to give me a loan and the response was she spent it all and couldnt... Please let people know about this!! ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 0 week ago

who is john hull snr?? he said i won 150,000.00 dollars through facebook ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

If someone just ask for my. Dob and phone# and address to send me a donation like money is it a scam. ~

• info: 7 months, 1 week ago

In this tough economic times, no one is going to send you free money. Do not send your information to these scammers. Giving them your phone number and DOB will allow them to call you and attempt to scam you. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

I got an email today from someone about claiming money for Megamillions and facebook I want to no if this is a scam as well they said text these number to claim your money 1-360-207-6397 and 619-887-4759 and 447024096853 ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

I got this through a friend saying he had got money input some info in and then he asked for cell number and Facebook ID and password I told him I did not trust him. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

I am getting a message about this from a close friend on my list does that mean them and/or me are being targeted. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

I was just contacted by an old friend or so I thought it was her.

She said she had won $100,000 through FB Mark Zuckerburg was giving back to Facebookers_

she gave me the name of who to contact and friend on FB this is what she said

am so happy because i got $100,000 from the promotion made by Facebook Founder Mr Mark Zuckerberg for the annual seasoning to make all Facebook User benefit from the gain of the company
    so you have not contact them about it yet
    should i give you their facebook contact so you can send them a friend request and you will be able to talk better

THIS IS THE LINK SHE GAVE ME TO FRIEND
    https://www.facebook.com/ smithfedex.lewisjohn

This was our conversation::

click on the link right now to send the friend request to them
    I didThen what do I do next

have they accept your request

now, message them and let them know you are ready to claim your money from facebook
    I did

ok
    He asked for my address and phone #

ok, have you given it to him
    yesThey asked where I found out about it and they recognized your name

oh ok
    Nancy did you have to pay to get your money?

yes i paid for the certificate fees and i was deliver my money the same day i contact them
    It sounds like a scam but if you are sure I will do it

i am really sure about this and i know they will also get your money deliver to you
    the certificate schedule they gave me shows I have to pay $1200 to get 100,000.

i also paid $1200 and i was deliver with the $100,000

BBB has received reports recently about an email scam involving Facebook. The email purports to be directly from Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and says you’re the winner of a million-dollar Facebook sweepstakes.
    The email is a scam and it’s suspected that it’s being used to deliver malware onto consumers’ computers.

As a result, BBB warns anyone who receives it to avoid clicking any links and to delete the email immediately.

Aside from the use of Facebook to draw consumers in, the email scam carries with it many common red flags: consumers are being emailed out of the blue, they’re being asked to click on suspect links in order to “claim a prize,” and there’s often an explicit demand for confidentiality, as well.

Should you receive an email like this, you can report it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.

- See more at: http://www.bbb .org/blog/2011/12/ facebook-lottery-scam/# sthash.bY8BeDI2.dpuf

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home
    www.ic3.gov ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 3 weeks ago

Same information came to me. The whole bit and had the same problem got a friend or so i thought it was him said i got $100,000.00 and to contact this person Robert Johnson. This Robert told me to send $500.00 to get my wining. Almost had me fooled there. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

I got stung for $1000 the same way western union and he wanted $6000 more for IRS fee which I did not send...it was a friend that sent me the email www.facebook.com/ davidryan.353803952 who can you call to expose or complain about this ?
      4 ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 2 weeks ago

Robert S Collins along with Paula Bowling tried to scam me out of thousands of dollars on February 26, 2014 through facebook messaging. Paula Bowling is from Hazard, Kentucky so she says on her facebook profile. Robert S Collins does not work alone! ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

I got this to but from Charles Ritchie from hazard ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 2 weeks ago

I fell for this scam unfortunately i am smarter than that! Mine happenef Feb. 27Th2014. No he is not working alone! I traced 3 different IP#'s 1 in livingston NJ, 1 in Hernadan VA, another in Lockton NY. I gave then my info( not banking) but my address, etc. I also western unioned and money gram $750.00 each. Plus the charge of wire transfer...$60.00. I have contacted FBI - ICV. For online scams and western union fraud dept. I know the red flags were there. I received a msg. From who i thought was my uncle. It appears he was hacked too ! I want to stop these crooks from doing this to others! They prey on peoples dreams! It' s sick! I have saved all my conversations with that crook, and snapshotted his web page on Facebook before he removed it! I can't believe I fell for this! I am too embarassed to tell my friends and family I fell for this! ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Mine was from Trish Engle Neace of Hazard county KY. I have contacted Hazard county sheriffs department and I am determined to get her locked up! Along with Nicholas Wiggers in Tampa FL. where I sent the $ I opened an investigation with Western Union fraud DEPT. Their video should prove who picked up the $ I sent! Also via moneygram! ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Was messaged by my cousin saying I won 50,000 dollars.did these scammers hack her Facebook??just want to know if its real or a scam please? ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 4 weeks ago

Here is another scam:
      ----------

My name is Agent Williams James in charge of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion which was imposed and authorized by the CEO/ Founder of Facebook Mr Mark Zuckerberg. We remember your Facebook User name on our Winner's List and congratulation you are one of the Lucky winner of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion. We Embarked on a worldwide promotion for Disable, Unemployed, Worker's, Retired, Young's ~

• info: 7 months, 4 weeks ago

This is a scam. Never send your money or information to anyone online that you do not know. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 3 weeks ago

What if you didn't send all your info just a little and you didn't send money will you still be ok ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago

My girlfriend got messaged on fb that she won 500,000 and they want her to pay a sum of 3000 in order to get the winnings. I told her not to give any info.but the woman is very persistent on helping her with some of the money and she can pay it back out of the winnings. Please let everyone know the scam or lottery is back praying on peoples financial burdens and hopes ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago

This message came from someone I know on facebook:
    ---------

I actually want to tell you that i just receive $100,000.00 cheque from Facebook affiliated with powerball / megamillion and the cash was delivered to me here at my home and address but when i was signing for my cash your name appear next to my name and i asked the agent he said you need to claim it yourself... You need to email them now and claim it tell them you want to check your name on the winning list ... here is the email megamillionsandfacebook @outlook.com or edmundbrown @outlook.com, or brown.edmund53 @yahoo.com or text them you want to check your name 1-317-721-6597 or call 44-702-409-6853 ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 3 weeks ago

It happened to me like that too it was someone on my Facebook who said the same thing and gave me the info to contact this person ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 3 weeks ago

I received this massage in Facebook inbox
    This is true or not?
    ----------
    Facebook Lottery Supports

UK FACEBOOK LOTTERY AWARD
    13 Liverpool Road, Islington, London
    United Kingdom
    Tel: 44-741-848-0082

Dear Facebook Winner,

CONGRATULATIONS!! - You have just won yourself the sum of £800,000.00 (EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) in the ongoing Facebook 2013 lottery program. All participants were selected through our administrative database, from over Five hundred million facebook Accounts in the Middle East Geographic zone:Qatar, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, as part of our international promotion program which is conducted annually... ~

• info: 8 months, 3 weeks ago

This is a scam. If you receive any messages about Facebook Lottery, it is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 3 weeks ago

I just received a text that says "My name is Jeff Meadow in charge of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion, may I have your full name and location to check if you are among the lucky winners." I gave my name and location (this info is already on my facebook page) then I responded "this is a hoax." I'm sure I won't here from this Jeff again! ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Be careful all I have recently been a victim of these scams!! Its a humiliating experience. I got all those messages and believed I won until I was beaten out of $2152.98...please be careful because I wasn't and now I have to fight this battle between me and ary steve ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 0 week ago

Yep,a FB friend contacted me(supposedly) I didn't send money, but filled out the info. I guessed anyone would know my address(via internet), and other things. Worry about them having my FB email though. Should I changed it? ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I gave my info, but they send it from one of your friends account that why they want your password so they can use your account to send it. Its just crazy. It happened to me today but I didn't send money. I gave my info though. ~

• info: 9 months, 0 week ago

There is no need to change your FB email address. Just be careful, because those scammers will be sending you more of these fraudulent email messages. ~

• info: 9 months, 1 week ago

If you are notified by a Facebook friend or anyone else with a message claiming that you are on the Facebook Powerball winners list, and you should notify somone else in order to claim your money, please DO NOT respond to the message or send your hard earned money.

This is a scam. There is no Facebook Powerball lottery. Once you are asked to pay money in order to receive money, it is the first sign that you are being scammed.

Thousands of Facebook users have been receiving these messages. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 1 week ago

I have recently gotten one of these scams, but I sent out my information before thinking. I have changed my passwords , but I'm worried about them knowing my name and address. I did not give then any security numbers for my back account, so should i be worried? ~

• info: 9 months, 0 week ago

There is no need to worry. Just be careful, because those scammers will be sending you more of these fraudulent email messages. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I just recently ,got one of these scams , not exactly the way they read here ,but I didn;t realise it was a scam until they ask for money,in which I already gave them my name an address an phone number . I don;t have any credit cards or bank accounts but this worries me now that they have my address an name age and phone number and e mail , is there anything I can do My daughter reported them an blocked them an I changed my passwords , But still bothers me that they already have my address an name and age .. If there is any advice you could give me Id appreciate it very much. Thank you Kathy ~

• info: 9 months, 0 week ago

There is no need to worry. Just be careful next time, because those scammers will be sending you more of these fraudulent email messages. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 3 weeks ago

I received a message from a friend on Facebook telling me my name was on the receivers list along with her name as a power ball winner in the Facebook Anniversary Promo,I sent the information they wanted.How stupid could I be!What can I do about this? ~

• info: 9 months, 0 week ago

There is nothing you can really do after submitting your information to these cybercriminals. Just be careful, because those scammers will be sending you more of these fraudulent email messages. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 3 weeks ago

I got the msg today from one of my facebook friends. Beware Robert S. Collins...... ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 2 weeks ago

I have just been contacted on Facebook about winning the Powerball through they're anniversary promo. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 2 weeks ago

i just received one now...thanks so much for that ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 2 weeks ago

What can I do if I sent them my information ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 3 weeks ago

What can I do if I all ready sent it? ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I have received two of them they use your friends to send it. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I got this Facebook message:

I am from Facebook/Powerball Lotto, Ohio, Texas. I am an agent attached with the Facebook Lottery program which is aimed at rewarding all Facebook Users and as part of the recent ongoing Lottery, your Name emerged as a lucky winner for this month. Winners are selected randomly through an electronic ballot system and all facebook users are automatically entered for this draw with their facebook name . I am sending this message from our headquarters here in Texas. I'm here to tell you that you luckily won the Powerball/ Facebook Lottery for this month and the Powerball Lottery Foundation has agreed to give you the sum of FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. Your Ticket Number is: P786475604545 188 87 042 with serial number: 07/043/39/50/26/90 /. I will be looking forward to hear from you.

Note that your Certificate of Winning is being processed and you will be shown if you request for it. It serves as a solid proof that you actually won the money package.

Just reply this message if you are willing to claim your money package. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 3 weeks ago

It says that the FB page was removed, but I just got an email with the same thing above from a friend of mine. 12/2/2013. I sent him a msg. to change his password, and I changed mine. People need to get a bleeping life and a REAL job. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I got one from a freind saying check this out and I did and if I send 800 to this address they will send 30000 to me ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 3 weeks ago

I bit on the scam as I thought I was talking to a very close friend. In the message she said that she had won $50000.00 and my name was on the list. She, or I thought it was her told me about paying off bills with the money and gave me the place to contact. This I did. A man calling himself David Smith Jr., who is on facbook contacted me. I did send the $450.00. Then he told me that I needed to send $800.00 more. I did not send the money that time. I know I am out the money. But I don't want to have other people get mixed up with him and loss money like I did. I do want people to know about this David Smith Jr.. I hope you can do this for me. Thank you for taking the time to read this from an old lady. W. Morfeld ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 4 weeks ago

Agent Mark Thomas almost fooled me. Luckily i didn't follow, better luck next time Agent Mark Thomas, Agent Mark Dan, and Agent Mark Turner. :) Pwis ke deh kaing..;)... ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 0 week ago

Ya, this is what I got on Facebook today:

"I actually just want to tell you that i just receive $50,000 from Powerball Lottery anniversary and the cash was delivered to me here at my home address but when i was signing for my cash your name appear next to my name and i asked the agent he said you need to claim it yourself... You need to email them now and claim it tell them you want to check your name on the winning list ... Here are their claiming Agent Contact Emails and Numbers bellow:-Agent Agent Ary Steve or Kevin Robinson {arysteve@yahoo.com or kevinrobinson4299@hotmail.com }Or you can call their contact number:- { 14355298163} or text { 16178559428}"

How are these people getting away with this? ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 4 weeks ago

I got this same message, it was from my cousin, almost fell for it ,but I felt that something was wrong...please be careful people..... ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 0 week ago

Do they actually get a real check or is it a fake one? The person that called me said she paid a $1,500.00 fee to get her check. Please advise. ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 1 week ago

I got one today from someone on my list saying they won 100,000 and they seen my name on the list.SCAM! ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 1 week ago

Love the fact the wording is so obvious that its been badly translated.
    Iv had similar message sent to me by 5 people in the last 2 days. but saying it was a lucky draw my the Facebook CEO. ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 2 weeks ago

This is what i got today through one of my facebook friend. Thinking her Facebook is hacked........

--------------------
    I'm so happy, how are you? did you hear about the Facebook Anniversary Promo in Collaboration Powerball Lottery? because i received $50,000 from Powerball and Facebook Organization and I wonder if you gotten your cheque too ?because I saw your name on the Facebook list of unclaimed funds and I ask the courier service that brought my cheque to my front door but he said they can not locate your address so that’s why am sending you this message to get you informed on how to claim your winning cheque too . before it close Agent Mark Thomas email and number.... ( claimprizess2013@yahoo.com or Text on 503) 741 8310, So you can also receive your payment check.
    Today

Oh yes this is real .....I got my $50,000.00 check from the Facebook Anniversary Promo in collaboration Powerball Lottery. They gave me the money for Facebook user support and I asked my lawyer, bank and police, they told me its real, I have received it and i am really happy to paid all my bills and buy some good things.......they are alot of people that get it too, You can contact agent Mark Thomas on ( claimprizess2013@yahoo.com or Text on 503) 741 8310, So you can also receive your payment.
    -------------------- ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 2 weeks ago

ok, nobody are telln us wat wud happened if u sent your info already ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Here is a version i recieved this morning as a message on facebook from a friend.

I actually just want to tell you that i just receive $50,000 from Powerball Lottery anniversary and they cash was delivered to me here at my home address but when i was signing for my cash your name appear next to my name and i asked the agent he said you need to claim it yourself... You need to email them now and claim it tell them you want to check your name on the winning list ... here is the email powerballagency11@li­­­­­­­­ve.com or powerballagency1@gma­­­­­­­­il.com or scott_wallacee75@yah­­oo.com or text them you want to check your name (206) 397-8415 . Text or email them your full name and address and they will tell you everything you need to do to get yours. Good luck to you ~

• Anonymous: Oct 25, 2013

Poor grammar is a big clue that this is a scam. ~

• info: Oct 25, 2013

There is nothing much that you can do after sending your information to these scammers. What you can do going forward is not to quickly click on links in emails and never send your personal or financial information to anyone in an email message. Especially, to persons requesting money. ~

• Anonymous: Oct 24, 2013

What do I do if I have already sent them my personal information? ~

• Anonymous: Oct 23, 2013

I just got this scam. They where asking for money. I didn't give them any money or any bank information. How can we put a stop to these scams? I don't want people to get ahold of my information. And I don't just give my bank information out to just anyone. ~

• Anonymous: Oct 14, 2013

I saw your name on the Facebook list of unclaimed funds and I ask the courier service that brought my cash to my front door but he said they can not locate your address so that’s why am sending you this message to get you informed on how to claim your winning cash too, you can contact Agent Wayne Adkins on { Powerballagentwayne @yahoo.com // Powerballcompanyagentwayne @usa.com }, or you can send them A Text 1 (402)-313-8145 so you can also receive your Winning prize check

I got this same message today basically I'm not into scams so this is crazy ~

• Anonymous: Oct 4, 2013

I was asked by a friend on Facebook if I received my winning price worth of 50,000.00 and she gave me some email address and a # to text to, I already send a message but I'm writing in my own language. Please help me out if this kind of person already got my information? ~

• Anonymous: Sep 29, 2013

I was sent the following messages from one of my facebook friends around 9 am, September 29th, 2013 (for time references, in case anybody's wondering when it last happened):

"I was just wondering if you have heard about the Facebook Lotttery promotion that was imposed by facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to help and support retired, widow,unemployed, disable, full/part time worker's. Have you ever heard about this before??"

and

"The promotion was made to some facebook user in other to benefit from them its a randomly picked of profile on facebook and get $70,000.00 did you get yours from them ???"

My friend proceeded to send me messages talking about how she got her money and she saw my name on the list and was wondering if I got mine. She even sent my a link to some guys' facebook profile page so I could contact them and get my money. I suggested it was a scam and she insisted it was "real and legit" and said her bank verified it for her, etc., etc.

If this weren't enough, I know this particular friend has had problems with getting hacked in the past, and I knew that if it were really her speaking to me that it would be a lot less detailed.

I was certain it was a scam but wanted proof, so I googled it and found this page.

Needless to say I reported this to facebook.

Don't fall for this guys, and don't click on any links. And a thank you to this page for confirming my suspicions. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 0 week ago

I got this same message from my friend stating this message, now I am out of thousands of dollars

~

• Anonymous: Sep 12, 2013

my facebook account has been taken over and used for this purpose. I am no longer able to access my Facebook account. they are using my account to try to lure my friends into making the same mistake. they're now blackmailing me with the use of my account to pay them the money that they demand from me. ~

• Anonymous: Sep 7, 2013

I have just been a victim of this scam all the way up to Agent Mark Turner asking me to take $1,000 cash and send it to David Jacobo 10324 6th pls Apt 15
    Federal Way. WA 98003 US
    He also told me to keep it a secret for security purposes.
    I sent my personal information even after having an inside struggle about doing so. When the money was asked for I became angry because I Am already struggling and NOW I'n OFFENDED BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THIS. I knew better. It sounded too good to be true, yet still, because of my financial needs I was very hopeful. smh ~

• Anonymous: Aug 31, 2013

This was sent to me:
    --------------------------

CONGRATULATION!
    Thanks for getting back to us Asap. We got your information And Your information have Been Programmed in our Database. The UPS are ready to bring your package money to your door step in the next 24hour. Finally,You have to pay for Case file fee and the delivery fees, so that the UPS can bring the package to your door step in the next 7 hours from now.

ou will need to pay for Delivery Fees and Case file fees.
    You pay $1,000 and get $100,000,00.
    You pay $1,500 and get $150,000,00.
    You pay $2,000 and get $200,000,00.
    You pay $3,000 and get $250,000,00.
    You pay $4,000 and get $350,000.00
    You pay $5,000 and get $500,000.00
    Choose your preferable winning price, so that the UPS can bring your money Asap.

We Guarantee 100% & Assurance that once you make the payment your winning money will be deliver to you 48 hours after the payment is Made. Let me know when you are ready to make the payment So we can prepare all necessary documents and give you the INFO to be used in making payment Via Western Union Money Transfer. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 1 week ago

it's a scam. Don't fall for it. ~

• Anonymous: Aug 31, 2013

This was sent to me:
    ------

just click on the link and sent him friend request. https://www.facebook.com /officerhowardlee Tell him you want to know if your name is still on the winner's list his always online there to attend to the claiming winner ok?,Or you text him on his text number which is (646) 783-8084 ~

• Anonymous: Aug 30, 2013

there is someone on FB who sent this to my mate:
    --------------------------------
    Hello and how you doing today? I’m so happy because I got 300,000.00 cash from Facebook affiliated powerball/megamillions. They are giving the fund to people using facebook to support them.I wonder if you gotten your Cash too ?because I saw your name on the Facebook list of unclaimed funds and I ask the courier service that brought my cash to my front door but he said they can not locate your address so that’s why am sending you this message to get you informed on how to claim your winning cash too .Here is their claiming Agent Contact Emails and Number:-Agent Scott scottcrocker99@hotmail.com . write back to me let me know ~

• info: Aug 27, 2013

If you have already sent your personal information, they will try to use this information to scam you by sending more email messages to you. So, just be careful of the email messages that you receive in the future. ~

• Anonymous: Aug 27, 2013

I already sent my personal info in to them,how can I protect myself now? ~

• Anonymous: Aug 16, 2013

Recieved thru facebook name Lynn Risdale that I was a winner and she had won also. She stated she sent her $650.00 for the processing fee and they delivered $450,000.00 and a brand new 2013 Nissan truck and that I had won also. I needed to contact this "Michael Barbara" at federaldeliveryagent@gmail.com I did. He told me that I too had won a brand new 2013 Nissan truck and $450,000.00. All I needed to do was send $650.00 processing fee by Western Union and I would recieve this money and truck. I have looked all over to find the scam on this and found this page. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 4 weeks ago

This is a Facebook scam. Teresa Kennedy sent I was a winner the agent text my phone said I would. Have to pay 400 Dollars to receive my winning ~

• info: 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Yes, it is a scam. If you are asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: Aug 9, 2013

Hello, My name is Agent Mark Dann in charge of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion which was imposed and authorized by the CEO/ Founder of Facebook Mr Mark Zuckerberg. We remember your Facebook User name on our Winner's List and congratulation you are one of the Lucky winner of Facebook Power-ball Lottery Promotion. We Embarked on a worldwide promotion for Disable, Unemployed, Worker's, Retired, Young's & Old's people's, A Sophisticated Automated Database to Randomly select E-mail Accounts that frequently surf the Internet.Consequent upon this, Your Facebook Profile Account was picked for Category A Winners, you have been selected as a winner. We Are United Power To Success and Focus For Deaf People, Hearing, Poor and Retire Workers in the Community, Supported By The United State Of America Government. So your name was chosen on FACEBOOK by the owner of facebook so let us know if you are ready to claim the money now ?

You'll have to Fill a form, So the UPS can Locate Your Destination at the point of delivery of your winning money and also for Security reasons
    So are you ready to do that?

Name............. Address.......... City............. State............. Zip code.......... Country........... Date Of Birth........ E-mail Address............ Text phone............... Occupation................. Male or female...... Age................ Deaf or Hearing....... Do you Own a house or Rent Appt......... Do you want cash or check.........? Regard , Mark Dann

Ok
    (248) 564-7400 this is my text number text me now
    CONGRATULATION! Thanks for getting back to us Asap. We got your information And Your information have Been Programmed in our Database. The UPS are ready to bring your package money to your door step in the next 7hour. Finally,You have to pay for Case file fee and the delivery fees, so that the UPS can bring the package to your door step in the next 7 hours from now. You will need to pay for Delivery Fees and Case file fees

You pay $1,000 and get $100,000,00. You pay $1,500 and get $150,000,00. You pay $2,000 and get $200,000,00. You pay $3,000 and get $250,000,00. You pay $4,000 and get $350,000.00 You pay $5,000 and get $500,000.00 Chose your preferable winning price, so that the UPS can bring your money Asap

You will have to pay it to motherless babies home

deborah smith 60 airport rd,arden nc 28704

After you send the money . the money will be delivered to you after 7hours ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I have been a victum of this scam..I was told by a friend she recieved $82,000 and she seen my name on the delivery list and told me to contact a Jessica Nelson to see if I was still on the winning list..I was to recieve $85,000 but I had to send $1000 for case file fee..yes I did then it came to me saying my winnings increased to $120,000 but had to send another $1000..I did n got told my check would b delivered in 24 hrs by ups..the following day I recieved a msg with what looked like a legit form from facebook n powerball a certificate of approval with my name on it for $200,000..but had to send $1000 for tax purposes..again I complied..but here I sit a week later no check n they keep asking for money..which I have been refusing to do..ive requested my $3000 back n they tell me I have to send $500 for refund fees to get my money back..im refusing that..it was a close family member I thought who wouldnt do that to us..come to find out this family member has not used that certain fb profile in almost a yr..and upon further digging..I now know there was no powerball and facebook lottery for the deaf n hearing impaired..we have lost $3000. Plus sending fees of almost $100..and nothing to show for it..is there anyway to trace the people responsible for this ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale