Harry Black Lottery Winnings Phishing Scam Emails

Date: August 22, 2013 1:11 PM - Views: 16,816 - Comment Comments: 21
Harry Black Lottery Winnings Phishing Scam Emails

The "Harry Black" lottery emails below are phishing scams. The emails claim that Harry Black, the Canadian man who won the $31 million dollars double jackpot with identical lottery tickets, will share his lottery winnings with you if you contact him at his email address harryblack89 @rogers.com. Please do not respond to these emails because they are fakes and is a phishing scam designed to gather or harvest information from potential victims, which may be used for identity theft.

Harry Black Lottery Winnings Phishing Emails:

Dear Recipient,

I won the lottery prize of $31,000, 000.00 USD and i just commenced my Charity Donation and i will be giving out cash donation of $2,000,000.00 USD to Three (3) lucky individuals and ten (10) charity organizations from any part of the world, you are a sole beneficiary of $2,000,000.00 USD and i would like you to give me the assurance that you will follow my instructions and invest this money in a lucrative business to create more job opportunity to help jobless and needy people in your locality.

To verify the genuineness of this email and my winnings, please see my interview by visiting the web page below;

http://www.ctvnews.ca/ canada/b-c-lottery -winner-s-odd-strategy-earns- him-two-jackpot cheques-1.1301660

Your email address was submitted to me by the Google Management Team and you received this email because i have listed you as one of the lucky millionaires and all you have to do is get back to me via email. Kindly send me the below details so that i can forward them to my payout bank, that will be responsible for the transfer of your donation to your local account in any part of the world.

Note: you are to open an on-line account with my payout bank which your donation will be transferred to and from your on-line account you will be able to transfer your donation to your local account in your country.

Full Name
State
Country
D.O.B
Occupation
Age
Bank Name
Sex
Mobile/Tel
Identity
Congratulations & Happy Celebration in Advance,
Harry Black.

Harry Black gave you part of his lottery winnings as charity contact him via e-mail (harry_black1 @rogers.com) verify by clicking the link below:http: //news.yahoo.com /blogs/sideshow/man-gets-31m- double-jackpot-pair- identical-lottery 1-183158281 .html

innings as charity contact him via e-mail (harryblack89 @rogers.com)

verify by clicking the link below:  http://news.yahoo.com/ blogs/sideshow/man-gets-31m- double-jackpot-pair-identical- lottery-183158281.html

The email address  harryblack89 @rogers.com, does not belong to Harry Black, so do not respond to these email messages with any personal information.

This scam is similar to the following:

Dominican-Born Pedro Quezada New Jersey Powerball Jackpot Donation Lottery Scams

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Your feedback is important to us! We invite you to share any information that you have on this article by telling us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below, to be shared with everyone.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

CommentComments or Questions (21)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago from: Fall River, Massachusetts, United States

got this email from harry black/ via stanely @concordia.ca saying harryblack donated $200,000 to me .. 8/12/2014 ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 1 week ago from: Parkville, Maryland, United States

I have been getting these bogus emails. I never fall for these which is why I Google such people who send these out. It's a shame that people will fall for this like so many instant money scams. Thanks for putting this out for people to look into. ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 2 weeks ago from: Slidell, Louisiana, United States

The version I received:
    There is a $2M donation for you,contact the Quezada Family via email.
    ~

• info: 10 months, 2 weeks ago

This is the Pedro Quezada scam, click here to read more about it. ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 3 weeks ago from: Grandview, Missouri, United States

Now it's harryblack25 @rogers.com. Watch out! ~

• Anonymous: Jan 16, 2014 from: Los Angeles, California, United States

I received the following information from Michael Colvin.

From: Michael Colvin
    Sent: Tuesday, 14 January 2014 1:25 AM
    To: Michael Colvin
    Subject: FYI
    There is a $2M donation for you,contact the donor Harry Black through email (harryblack0147@rogers.com) for more info
    Coordinator: Michael Colvin

Which Michael Colvin turned out to be a legitimate person who most likely had his e-mail hijacked. And then the same scam letter except slightly different e-mail address. ~

• Anonymous: Jan 8, 2014 from: Peculiar, Missouri, United States

I got this message yesterday on my email, but addressed to a person I never even heard of! Fail! ~

• Anonymous: Dec 18, 2013 from: Fairfield, Iowa, United States

Thank you for this alert! Much appreciated. ~

• Anonymous: Nov 6, 2013 from: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

You are a Beneficiary to Harry Black, Contact harryblack@ws-loei.ac.th.

just got this today . Sent to me from from a Susan Shanley Adelaide .Or her computer anyway. ~

• Anonymous: Oct 18, 2013 from: Missouri, United States

I just recive this email and I think it's a scam from the same people..

-----Marianne B Karlsson/ADM/Orebro skrev: -----
    Till: Marianne B Karlsson/ADM/Orebro@Personal
    Från: Marianne B Karlsson/ADM/Orebro
    Datum: 2013-10-18 07.39
    Ärende: Urgent

Please Claim your donation amount of two million dollars. This is a private donation to you, I will give you more information after you reply to this message. Contact (allen-violetproject11@rogers.com) for more info

• Anonymous: Oct 4, 2013 from: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I also have received this email...very sceptic I replied asking for proof!! Received an email from Harry Blacks alleged bank (investment bank in uk)
    Funny enough of coarse they asked for more information and also to fund an account of $750.00 US enabling funds of $2000,000,000 transferred to me.
    Also included a phone number so I called and left a message and they called back ? These rogues need to be caught !,,,, they also said I was the last of the beneficiaries ...lol ~

• Anonymous: Oct 4, 2013 from: United States

I also received it and I knew it was a fraud. please, post it on Facebook for everyone to see and prevent them from being duped. G. Kehinde, Nigeria. ~

• Anonymous: Sep 25, 2013 from: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Too bad that this wasn't real it would do a lot of good things for people.
    I thought it was too good to be true. Still you can't help a girl from wishing :D

Thank you for the heads up. I just know this I'd never open an account in another country... ~

• Anonymous: Sep 24, 2013 from: City of, London, United Kingdom

I got this mail as well. Melissa(UK) ~

• Anonymous: Sep 24, 2013 from: Sacramento, California, United States

Harry Black gave you part of his lottery winnings as charity contact him via e-mail (harryblack017@rogers.com)
    Confidentiality Notice for North Kansas City Schools: This correspondence and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.

You know what the scary part is? They used mholwick@nkcschools.org as the main email return. Will they never give up? Idiots. ~

• Anonymous: Sep 17, 2013 from: United Kingdom

I've had a pretty similar email which originated from a Michael Hernandez based in Texas, see below:

From: Michael Hernandez
    Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 6:34 PM
    To: Michael Hernandez
    Subject:

Harry Black gave you part of his lottery winnings as charity contact him via e-mail (harry_black1 @rogers.com) verify by clicking the link below:http://calvinayre .com/2013/06/02/ business/canadian-holds -two-of-four-tickets- record-lottery-jackpot/

When I responded I was sent the following email from harry_black1 @rogers.com:

Good Day To You

I won the lottery prize of $31,000, 000.00 USD and I just commenced my Charity Donation and I will be giving out cash donation of $2,000,000.00 USD to Three (3) lucky individuals and ten (10) charity organizations from any part of the world, you are a sole beneficiary of $2,000,000.00 USD and I would like you to give me the assurance that you will follow my instructions and invest this money in a lucrative business to create more job opportunity to help jobless and needy people in your locality.

To verify the genuineness of this email and my winnings view my Identification ID Attached and please see my interview by visiting the web page below;
    =
    http://news.yahoo.com /blogs/sideshow/man- gets-31m-double-jackpot -pair-identical-lottery- 183158281.html,

http://www.youtube.com /watch?v= Azn0pv0To6U

Kindly send me the below details so that I can forward them to my payout bank, that will be responsible for the transfer of your donation to your local account in any part of the world.

Note: you are to open an online account with my payout bank which your donation will be transferred to and from your online account you will be able to transfer your donation to your local account in your country.

Full Name:
    State:
    Country:
    D.O.B:
    Occupation:
    Age:
    Bank Name:
    Sex:
    Mobile/Tel:
    Identity

Congratulations ~

• Anonymous: Sep 16, 2013 from: El Dorado, Arkansas, United States

I got several emails a deed of transfer and a copy of Mr. Blacks passport has anyone else gotten this information also? ~

• Anonymous: Sep 11, 2013 from: South Africa

I got the same yesterday, but with a UK HSBC bank Letter of Authorisation as well, only when I opened the attachement it had an HSBC India Logo attached, which made me very suspicious. There was also a so called legal letter allocating the funds to me, but there were some real simple spelling mistakes, which no legal document would ever be allowed to have on it signed by a High Court Judge. This is a sick scam and the people involved should be caught......harryblack@rogers.com we are on to you. ~

• Anonymous: Sep 4, 2013 from: Houston, Texas, United States

yes I got it too but I am waiting for them to respond some more I have contacted the authorities and and luring this scam artist in for his or hers arrest I will keep you posted ~

• Anonymous: Aug 30, 2013 from: Wolcott, Connecticut, United States

I received an e-mail from Kemvia J. Adams-Bush with a Montogmeryco,gov e-mail account. I normally delete all e-mail from unknown senders with an RE: in the subject, but seeing the .gov in the address I opened it. This was the hook to get me to respond to Harry Black at the rogers.com addrees. I went to the Montgomey VA county gov web site and found there actually IS a Kemvia J. Adams-Bush employed there. I sent a simple e-mail with a copy and paste of the Kemvia J. Adams-Bush, and said I didn't quite know what to make of this. That was when I got the message posted in your article. It was sounding too good to be true, so I searched for info, found the Huffpo piece about his winning, but also found your alert. So far whoever is posing as Harry Black has my email and my real neame. I hope that's not enough to do any damage, but thanks to your publication, that's all he's getting. ~

• Anonymous: Aug 25, 2013 from: Manila, Manila, Philippines

got the same content. just a little revised I guess

Good Day To You

This is a genuine transaction and it has a strong legal backing

http://news.yahoo.com/ blogs/sideshow/man- gets-31m-double-jackpot- pair-identical-lottery-183158281.html

Your email address was submitted to me by the Google Management Team and you received this email because I have listed you as one of the lucky millionaires and all you have to do is get back to me via e-mail.

Note: You are to open an online account with my payout bank which your donation will be transferred to and from your online account you will be able to transfer your donation to your local account in your country. I had an agreement with the bank which states that as my beneficiary, The money used in opening any account of your choice is immediately reflected in the new account you will open with the bank. so you have nothing to fear or loose. Assure me of your total readiness by mailing me back with your details then I will know you are set to receive the bank details which I will send you.

Full Name:
    State:
    Country:
    Date Of Birth:
    Occupation:
    Age:
    Sex:
    Mobile/Tel:
    Few pictures of you and your family.
    Congratulations & Happy Celebration in Advance,

Regards,
    Harry Black. ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: twitter.com/onlinethreatale
Follow us on Google+ at: google.com/+Onlinethreatalerts