Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
« »

Beware of USAGC.org - it is a Fake Green Card Lottery Service Provider

2018-08-08T10:49:37  +
Beware of USAGC.org - it is a Fake Green Card Lottery Service Provider

I was tricked by USAGC.org (USAGC Organization), a so-called Green Card Lottery Service Provider website, into two purchases for a total amount of $1,116. I decided to do follow up research and realized that USAGC is a scam company. My next steps were blocking my credit card, requesting a charge back in by bank and at the same time contacting USAGC customer support team to have my information removed from their database.

Advertisements

The Fraudulent Website - www.USAGC.org

USAGC.org

There are many commercial or non-government websites that are deceiving people into believing that they are official U.S. Government sites or that they are approved by the U.S. Government. They may even contact you by e-mail to lure you to their websites using fake offers.

There are some companies who claim to be the U.S. Government and demand money in order to complete the green card lottery application. Please note that the only official way to apply for the U.S. Green Card Lottery is to apply online at The Dept. of State website.

In 5 working days, I was contacted by USAGC by phone and had a short conversation with another supervisor -- Irina. She asked me what is wrong and why I want to cancel my membership. I told that I don't trust this company anymore as I did specify all my reasons in by email. In answer, she told that I agreed to all the terms from the company and I can't now request any chargebacks or refund. I told her that:

1. I'm sure that payment method when they ask for CC number and CVV over the phone or by email is illegal. Services provided are not trustworthy.
  2. I forbid them to keep my personal data and use them for placing by an application on official US site (which is dvlottery.state.gov by the way).
  3. I insist on canceling USAGC services whatsoever and insist on a full refund.

Irina informed me that I can't request any refund. That she will freeze my application form for now but won't delete my data. Full chargeback is not possible -- only partial refund in a manner of discount.

I insisted on my initial requirements based on a statement that their services are not legal; they can't keep and use my personal data without my permission. As a service company (as they claim to be) they can't stop me from canceling their service cause it is against law protecting customer rights (that is my interpretation of course). I also informed Irina that I created reports on official sites that will help to build cases against them (see http://travel.state.gov/). Here is a list:

1. http://www.ftc.gov/complaint
  2. http://www.econsumer.gov/ - joint effort of consumer protection agencies from 17 nations (posted by FTC);
  3. http://www.ic3.gov/ - Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), internet crime complaint center.
  4. http://www.usdoj.gov/spam.htm - Department of Justice.

If you accidentally become a victim of USAGC.org I recommend following steps:

1. Block and reissue credit card (it won't prevent them to refund money if they will as far as I was informed in my bank).
  2. Report fraud and request chargeback in your bank.
  3. Request full refund by phone and/or email to USAGC.org customer support.
  4. Report scam on the official sites provided above.

I know that FBI won't investigate each individual case. But if sufficient amount of reports will be filed - probably they will act on them eventually.

USAGC Organization is currently using the following websites:

• mobile.usagc.org
  • USA-immigration-service.us
  • usagcnews.org

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Advertisements
Comments, Questions and Reviews ✍

• Posted: Sep 30, 2018 at 8:51 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland

I paid two installments totaling over $500 dollars. One was for a few years and the other gave 25 years on their list. I only realized that they were fake this year when I could not sign in.

I do not expect to get anything back as it was nine years ago and also the credit card is no longer in use.

• Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 7:11 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Hello,

I was tricked from the USGC as well. My payment is now pre-authorized and its not still arrived. They sent me the confirmation number in order to check my status next year but I suppose that it wont be valid. Can someone help me,what should I do? My bank told me that the cant do anything now and that its up to them to refuse the payment.

• Posted: Aug 29, 2018 at 10:17 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Athens, Attica, Greece

I was tricked as well by USAGC which has now entered into cooperation with Green Card Lottery Experts (GCLE),
      by receiving a phone call. I had applied for the green card from the official website https://www.dvlottery.state.gov which didn't make suspect that the company was fake and how they found my personal information and phone number.

I am now in the process of disputing the charge and suing them, so they don't use any of my personal information against me.
      Any advice is appreciated.

• Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 12:35 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Makola South, Western Province, Sri Lanka

H, I'm lakshan the guys tricked me too. I paid 280 EURO in November 2016 for three years, since then I haven't heard from them.

• Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 12:02 AM by info

Received via email:

"I was Googling about usagc organization and I got this address. I hope you'll help me. I have tricked by USAGC.org (USAGC Organization), which located in Israel Tel Aviv called Green Card Lottery Service Provider website, purchases for a total amount of the charge me about $1,800 cash. I decided to do follow up research and realized that USAGC is a scam how could you help me I have a lot of documents. Thank you very much."

• Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 4:24 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands

Those people are fake people, they even collect money from my bank account and I promise to report them to the police.

• Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 8:34 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Tel Aviv, Israel

Just did the same mistake yesterday :( with www.usadiversitylottery.com paid 99$ for 1 year husband-wife form and only today I found out it's a fake website :(

I blocked my credit card and don't know if I will get a refund. But the most scary thing is that they have all my personal information including pictures of my family and kids.

I read and saw they can apply in my name every year and if I won they can blackmail me about it. Or, duplicate my application so it will fail all the time.

What should I do? I didn't email them yet or ask to cancel my data :(

• Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 12:46 PM by info

Just be careful going forward and ask your bank cancel the transaction and refund your money.

• Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 10:07 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Auckland, New Zealand

Oh no! can someone tell me what to do since I filled in my personal details? I have report to FBI .

• Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM by info

There is no need to report it to the FBI. Just be careful next time because the scammers will contact you and attempt to trick you into sending them money with the information that you have sent.

• Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 8:34 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Riyadh, Ar Riya?, Saudi Arabia

How can I refund my money. I also believed in them and began the patroness and they are insisting to complete the transaction of the money. my husband has doubts and stopping me from going on.

• Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 5:04 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Tokyo, Japan

Same thing happened to me...I am so sad.
      Please help me...my $2100 is gone.

• Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 8:41 AM by info

Contact your bank and have them cancel the fraudulent transactions and refund your money.

• Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 5:00 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Milan, Lombardy, Italy

I asked my bank to cancel the transaction but they told me its impossible and that I have to ask for the refund from them. Do you have any advice what I should do?

• Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 5:46 AM by info

Tell your bank the website is operated by scammers who are tricking people, therefore, they will not refund your money.

• Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 1:57 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Suva, Central, Fiji

So what should I do now? Edleen.

• Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 2:13 AM by info

Just ignore the scammer's email messages.

• Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 1:09 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Suva, Central, Fiji

Hi,

This is Edleen again this guy who called me two days ago. His named is Jack Harrison. He mentioned he is from immigration department, USAGC organization. His email id JackHarrison@usagc.com.

• Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 1:19 AM by info

It is a scam. Do not contact that person and do not send them your personal and financial information.

• Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 1:05 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Suva, Central, Fiji

Hi,
    I am Edleen a guy named Jack Harrison called me on the 29/06/2017 using the number 00119295296457 to finalize my usagc application and asked for my cc number and CVV over my phone.
    and send me an email finalizng my package for usagc.

• Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 1:18 AM by info

It is a scam. Never give out your credit information over the phone.

• Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 4:44 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Hamburg, Germany

Very informative website, thank u.

How can I proceed to back?

I submit for the green card lottery (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ - I could even check my status 2015-2016)), now some ladies called me (April, May 2017), and because I was persuaded they were from the gov, I transferred money. Now I checked again (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/) but "The system is unable to process your request. Please try again later. ORA-28001: the password has expired" Until yet, everything looked right. Now I read all the comments ...

Any idea how I could get a refund?

• Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 8:35 AM by info

Contact your bank, have them cancel the transactions and refund your money.

• Posted: May 23, 2017 at 8:13 AM by info

Received via email:

"I would like to inform everyone regarding USAGC. I was on my facebook profile and I saw they adjust only for the sake of information I clicked on it and filled up the form. Today One lady she called me 1 (929) 529-6457 Lady she was asking about certain questions from me and after that she said you are qualified for Green card Service. She wanted me to send them a picture of me, my wife and my kid. The question when she said that you are staying emirates and you have Emirates Bankcard it looked so suspicious to me. She said what name do you have on your card is it blah blah blah! I said why should I tell you my Name written on the card.

And after that, she said your card number must start from 4 right? I said yes. It looks so hilarious to me. Why she needs to ask me about my card number. She was forcing me at all and convincing me in the case that all calls are being recorded, and we are USA Government partners.

The same call I received from them in 2013. If they are really immigration people they must not ask for the money over the phone. They must be calling from some call centers. And everyone especially from UAE they must be very careful.

Should take serious action against them."

• Posted: May 12, 2017 at 10:16 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Nairobi (Highridge), Nairobi Area, Kenya

I applied to Usagc last year n paid 500kshs ..they called me and asked me some few questions and I was asked to provide my CC information, and I provided. Since then no one communicated to me..thanks for alerting us.

• Posted: May 12, 2017 at 10:24 AM by info

Check your credit card statement for fraudulent transactions from the same company.

• Posted: May 3, 2017 at 9:55 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Paris, Île-de-France, France

WWW.USAGC.ORG is down.

• Posted: May 2, 2017 at 6:52 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

I am the victim of these guys ,I paid 280 EURO in december 2014 for three years, since then I haven't heard from them.

They have been calling me often asking for my credit card code CIV. They were saying that I must pay 3300$.

• Posted: May 2, 2017 at 7:49 AM by info

Do not give them any information. They are scammers attempting to steal your money and information.

• Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 5:17 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Prague, Hlavni mesto Praha, Czechia

(IMPOSTURE) I HAVE LAUGHED TO HAVE THE LORIM! But I managed to block the credit card quickly and only 3 transactions came in at about 570g. Apps and Emails what they sent did NOT OPEN! A.R.

• Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 6:42 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Beni Mellal, Beni Mellal-Khenifra, Morocco

Hello,I will inform you. I receive a mail from USAG.

• Posted: Mar 23, 2017 at 7:04 PM by info

Received via email:

"Today i was scammed by the green card lottery and i went to the bank after the money was withdrawn . I had to get a new card and change my stuff around. I realized something was wrong when the guy would not send me a receipt for the money and i tried calling the number he gave me and i got no answer . Then the bank called to and same thing . So now i am really beginning to think i was had and feel so sick to my stomach that i fell for this . But i really thought it was for real . The information i can give you is the phone number and name and email of this guy and if it is real and a legit lottery please let me know.

Customer service at 1-866-243-4612 his name he gave me is alex peterson@usagc.org and my application number he gave me is 558905025. So he got $1,485.95 AND he said he will call me back in 2 weeks for the rest which is the same amount he wanted it all today and i said i didn't have that much now. I was going to cancel but he talked me out of it saying that this was a lifetime entry for the draw and to make my once in a lifetime dream come true.
    SO i have no idea if this information helps or not but i do not want to see someone else scammed out of money if this is the case . I really hope i am wrong and this is a real deal lottery.

Thanks Lori"

• Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 8:51 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I actually paid a lot of money to USAGC only to find out that they did not submit my application for the lottery. Thank you very much for your information, however, I do not know how to get my money refunded because it is while back that they charged me and I even do not have the credit card anymore.

• Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 5:00 AM by info

Because you have waited so long, the bank will not be able to help you.

With most banks, you have a month to report fraudulent charges, after receiving your statement. Within that time, the bank will investigate, cancel the transactions and refund your money.

• Posted: Feb 3, 2017 at 8:51 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Hello,

I was browsing on a site while not on a VPN, but on incognito (ie location services off). I found it so odd that an ad was present advertising a lottery for green cards which appears like they can not be serious. It is ridiculous to taunt this idea of getting in essence a new life for yourself only to have it crushed by a corporation allowing you to make multiple applications spending thousands of dollars. I wish someone would resolve these ip's and have the FBI raid them for phishing or whichever local government they belong to.

Sincerely,
    X

• Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 10:24 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Nice, Provence-Alpes-Côte dAzur, France

Thank you very much for this wonderful information about those fake USCGC, thank goodness I have not given them my card information. stupid and useless group of people. thank you once again for spending your time to let us know those fake people.

Much love for caring about us.

• Posted: Dec 18, 2016 at 12:08 PM by info

Receive via email:

"Thank you for all the information about the USAGC. A guy named Jack Ericsson called me just now on 19295296059. He did asked me about the details of my credit card to activate the green card process."

• Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 9:12 AM by info

Received via email:

"Hello,

My name is Veronika. Two weeks ago I received a random email from the USAGC.org. I've never applied for any US immigration programmes so I was surprised. But as I've been thinking about it lately I filled in the basic data (email, phone number) and to my big surprise a guy named Jack contacted me the very next morning over the phone.

The conversation took about 45 mins, it seemed to me like filling in an application over the phone instead of online which I didn't find strange at all. BUT what I found really strange and worrying was when he asked me for my CC details including the CVV code. It is true that we were talking about different fees that "the organisation" charges for its services depending on the time period (i.e. approx 99 EUR for a year, 180 EUR for 2 years, 200 something for 3 years and almost 400 EUR for 4 years of their services) but I definitely did NOT give any verbal consent saying that I would like to purchase any of these.

To my great surprise few hours after we had finished this conversation I received an email from USAGC.org saying "thank you for your purchase...". They charged me 342 EUR! As I wasn't able to provide my passport data (I didn't have it with me at the moment), Jack said he would call me next week to finish the application. And since then nobody has ever got back to me, it's been a week already. I realise that first of all it was my major mistake to give away my CC details just like that. No excuse for that. But on the other hand I do not find anything strange about non-governmental private agencies to let's say 'help out' people with their paperwork.

Truth is that apparently there is no way how we can check for 100 percent whether they are honest or frauds. What should be my next steps now? Is there any way how we can find out the USAGC.org is really a fraudulent organisation and is there anything we can do to prevent them from their further operations? Is there any way how they can misuse my data I've provided or how to avoid it? I believe I wont see the money ever again. Thank you very much. V."

• Posted: Nov 17, 2016 at 9:19 AM by info

The first thing you should have done was to contact your bank for help, asking them to cancel that transaction and refund your money. Then ask them to block further transactions or give you a new credit card to prevent the fraudulent website from charging your credit card again.

It is hard to stop fraudulent websites like USAGC, because most of them are operating in countries where it is hard to find and prosecute the owners. But, we are working to shut down USAGC.

• Posted: Oct 3, 2017 at 4:48 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Bellevue, Washington, United States

Please do it. Im a victim too.

Write Your Comment, Question or Review