"Samsung S9 for $1 Only" Scam Being Sent by Scammers

"Samsung S9 for $1 Only" Scam Being Sent by Scammers

Would you share this Article with others?

Online users who have received the "Samsung S9 for $1 Only" email or text message below are asked to delete it and should not follow the instructions in it. This is because the fake message is a scam being sent by online scammers who are attempting to trick their potential victims into completing surveys that steal their personal information. Also, the scammers create fake comments on the websites hosting the scam, to convince visitors into believing it is true.

The "Samsung S9 for $1 Only" Scam

Samsung S9 for $1 Only Scam

From: 9253513280@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Congratulations!

(1) Samsung S9 for $1 only is reserved for you!

Step 1: Click the "CONTINUE" button to claim your prize.

Step 2: Enter the correct information on the next page to claim your prize.

Important: Hurry, limited quantities only.

(1) Samsung S9 Gift!

Congratulations Loyal user! We have selected you to be one among the first few to win amazing Samsung S9 prizes. This gift is exclusively granted to loyal users

This just announced Mickie the amazon Samsung S9 is being given to a few customers only for a limited time. Get yours now

The scam may also go to spam websites that trick online users into buying counterfeit products, or charge them for products or services the scammers operating the websites claim are free. They may also be taken to phishing websites that steal online account credentials and credit card information.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

• July 9, 2019 at 10:09 PM by an anonymous user from Auckland, New Zealand

I have unintentionally fallen for a pop-up ad on my phone offering me a new Samsung s10 phone for just $1.

Subsequently I received emails from 2 separate 'organisations' providing login and password for their websites. Smelling a rat, I searched the sites and they have nothing to do with Samsung or any related supplier. The sites are as follows:

1) Brainratingstore.com

2) Optimuscl

Both sites had servers located in Amsterdam. Interestingly, both sites had footnotes written in Cyrillic, suggesting a Russian or Ukrainian based scam. Why am I not surprised?

I opted out of both and received notification emails confirming my 'Opt out'. I hope it works because they both stated that if I did not opt out within 3 days, I would be perpetually charged $99 per month until I did opt out. I note that they have both charged my credit card with $1 and $3:30 respectively. I really hope that's the end of the matter but be others to be warned...

• June 22, 2019 at 11:49 AM by an anonymous user from Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Hi, there was a link on my facebook feed, advertising the Samsung S9 for $1.

I completed the form asking for my bank details, and then it said that the offer was declined.

However, R642.31 was deducted from my bank account.

I have reported it to my bank, and they are now investigating. But does anybody know of another way I could get my money back?

• June 22, 2019 at 1:26 AM by an anonymous user from Sarasota, Florida, United States

I was asked to fill out a Firefox survey and sent to a site with the same type of promotion. A Samsung Galaxy S10- contest entry and purchase offer for just $2.

I also did a search and found this site.

The scam url is here- personalgift.co

• June 5, 2019 at 10:28 AM by an anonymous user from Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa

I have just got scammed. Money was deducted from my account and nothing further happend

• June 25, 2019 at 8:32 AM by an anonymous user from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You must cancel your account or they will continue to withdraw money.

• June 2, 2019 at 9:15 PM by an anonymous user from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

This happened to me because my daughter presses something they took money off my account

• May 18, 2019 at 9:14 AM by an anonymous user from Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

My daughter entered my visa information thinking it was for real. Luckily it was a card that had too little money in it so it was "declined", can they use the information again to deduct money? should I change my account number?

• May 18, 2019 at 9:57 AM by info

Yes, they may continually attempt to charge the card. So, I would recommend canceling the card and getting a new one.

• May 13, 2019 at 10:29 AM by an anonymous user from Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

I was also told to provide the my bank details but luckily I searched if there was any Samsung promo before giving away my bank details

• May 13, 2019 at 6:14 AM by an anonymous user from Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa

does anyone have a website address for these scammers. I also got scammed :(

• May 17, 2019 at 11:15 PM by an anonymous user from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

www.genfet.com, it was given today by my bank here in Canada

• May 12, 2019 at 4:32 PM by an anonymous user from Dublin, Leinster, Ireland

I just gave my details to the Samsung 1 dollar site. But did not give my card details. Am I kinda OK?

Thanks for your assistance

Catherine

• May 12, 2019 at 6:55 PM by info

Yes, you are ok.

• April 20, 2019 at 7:50 AM by an anonymous user from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I was caught and charged after putting up credit card then redirected to dating site membership and my banking reflects $53au, cancelled card before it went thru so watch out!

• May 10, 2019 at 12:10 AM by an anonymous user from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

$53. Mine was $57, similar direction to a dating site membership. Ad was on Facebook. Cancelled my card.

• April 26, 2019 at 5:50 PM by an anonymous user from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Was caught in the same manner, $1 paid turned into $53 to join some dating web site. I also cancelled my card before it was paid. I was too greedy, if it sounds too cheap, stay away.

• May 1, 2019 at 9:30 PM by an anonymous user from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Same thing happened to me. I cancel my card straight away and close the subscription from that website through their customers service and the transaction was void so I got my 53 dollars back never again. I trust anything too good to be true.

• April 19, 2019 at 1:59 AM by an anonymous user from Auckland, New Zealand

Afraid I got caught up in this scam tonight too and gave away my credit card details.

"Thank you for joining, visa card was accessed and money gone out now."

This was part of an email sent back to me

"We hope you enjoy your membership to tryandfindlove.com"

• April 1, 2019 at 11:22 PM by an anonymous user from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Future internet marketing has a fb page and are offering a samsung galaxy 9 for free, then they select you and say u pay 1$. I won apparently, lol.

• April 13, 2019 at 12:22 AM by an anonymous user from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I won as well but felt away when asked for credit card info to pay $1 shipping lol

• March 22, 2019 at 10:53 AM by an anonymous user from Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

What should I do if I provided the credit card info?

• March 22, 2019 at 11:09 AM by info

Get a new card to prevent unwanted charges.

• August 15, 2018 at 8:50 PM by an anonymous user from Odivelas, Lisbon, Portugal

I was a victim of that scam. I was charged 88,30€ from my credit card by "subscribing" some travel ebooks.

It says it's monthly. Tomorrow I will go to my Bank and try to cancel it before they take more money. Be aware NOT to give Credit card information! I did and got caught. Shane on me :'(

• September 19, 2018 at 10:50 AM by an anonymous user from Tuam, Connaught, Ireland

I am being offered sam9 for a dollar as well. thanks, won't fall for it.

• June 14, 2018 at 9:51 PM by an anonymous user from Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I never got my s9 that I was told I would receive for a dollar for being a loyal user

• June 6, 2018 at 7:02 PM by an anonymous user from Nashville, Tennessee, United States

Radios pick website is using the samsumg 9 for a dollar for loyal customers. They take bank info and never another word is mentioned bout the samsung.

I was only charged 26 cents at this time but I will have to change my bank card now, for sure. the site is in text message on my phone and you go to hxxp://2tac.org/samsungs9/index.html but radiospick.org.

I hope this helps stop them from the next scam on others. Thanks

"Samsung S9 for $1 Only" Scam Being Sent by Scammers