Once they have enough Facebook users, they will start sending them spam (unsolicited messages) with links that will take potential victims to phishing websites that will steal their information, or malicious links that will take them to dangerous websites that will infect their computers with Spyware or Trojan horse. The scammers may also send fraudulent messages claiming that their potential victims are so-called lottery winners and they need to send money in order to claim their prizes.
The messages below are just some of the few examples used by deceitful Facebook users to trick other Facebook users into commenting on their fake posts:
- This year you will also travel. Type amen and share if you really believe God
- “don’t scroll without typing amen.”
- “if you woke up this morning and your thankful every day while being bless scroll down and type amen”
- “how many likes can she get?”
- “this baby still cute, scroll if your heartless”
- “ignore if your heartless”
- “keep scrolling if your heartless”
- "Ignore If You Have No Heart"
- "PLEASE DONT IGNORE"
- "Don't scroll without saying R.I.P"
- "This is so sad type AMEN and lets see how many amen's and likes he can get"
- "Don't scroll without showing respect"
- "Please don't scroll down without saying "Amen"
- "Don't Press Watch Without Typing Amen"
- "1 like = 1000 prayers Don't scroll without typing amen"
- "Would You Save Your Mother? Type Yes Ignore NO"
- "Do you trust in prayers? If yes so please pray for this baby take a minute and type "Amen" your one amen is one pray if you don't love children so you can skip this"
Also, if you have received a message stating Facebook will donate money to a child if you like, share or comment on some content, please do not follow the instructions in the message, instead, report it to Facebook. And, if you have already commented on Facebook posts with sick, starving and injured children, adults or animals that you are not able to determine the legitimacy of, please click here for instructions on how to remove those posts from your Facebook Wall and Timeline.
This article is related to the following:
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Recommendation / Advertisement