bell Warning! JavaScript is disabled! To take full advantage of our site and functionality, we recommend you enable it.
Online Threat Alerts (OTA)  - Alerting you to cyber threats lurking on the internet.

Hero Honda Raffle Lottery Draw Award Scam

Date: January 02, 2013 11:59 AM - Views: 6,676 - Article ID:4800 - Comments: 12
Hero Honda Raffle Lottery Draw Award Scam

If you receive any e-mail messages and/or text messages (SMS) claiming that you have won a specified amount of money and a motor bike from Hero Honda, please ignore these messages because they were not sent by Hero Honda. This is a scam and these messages are mainly sent to persons in Indian.

Some of the text messages came from the following mobile numbers:

• 09958653941
  • 9971036404
  • 9654195597
  • 9873580905
  • 919582771946

Here are samples of the scam [e-mail and text message(SMS)]:

"Congratulations !!! for winning fund of 750,000.00 gbp

thanks for your quick response about your funds delivery, with response to your mail, please be informed that your funds is ready for disparch. And the name in our list of shipment is: (ICC/034. )

Your winning prize has been verified and approved for payment by hero honda company united kingdom. Your profile (form) has also been received and filled along with other winning documents for record purpose. Delivery will be made to you by a high level representative mr. Paine thomas. Your consignment code is (hhc/034/047icd) you are to keep your consignment code number very confidential from general public and keep us fully informed as soon as our representative contact you on his arrival point in your country india."

"Ur no has won 500.00o gbp with a hero honda bike in on going 2013. Hero honda mobile promo draw. To claim send ur name,ph,add,age,to via hero_win_claim@live.Com how to claim pls provide proper solution"

"Congrats,ur mob no has won{£500,000gbp}with a hero honda bike in 2012 mobile lucky draw,to claim,send ur name,add,ph,age,via email:herohonda43@live.Com"

"dear: winner,

this correspondence officially confirms that we are in receipt of your
e-mail regarding the claim of your award prize value of seven hundred
thousand great british pounds [700,000.00 gbp] and honda awards. Won from
the honda awards international promotion.

Honda company selected 500,000 email address from all the services in
all over asian and europe countries and over twenty million email address
participated in this award promotion and seven persons from seven
different countries were selected to benefit from the promotion and you
are one of the selected winner.
So please help with this problem, what should I do. Is this a fraud scam going on or I really won a prize."

View, submit comments and answer questions below. If you want to receive alert notifications, please click here to register.

Alert others by sharing this article with them.

Send this to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert.
Rating: Thumb up 0 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this alert, by leaving a comment below. If you ask a question, please revisit to view the answers.If you have a question about something different from what this alert is about, do not post it below, instead, send that question to us using our contact us form. Click here to contact us.

Read the comments below, if there are any, before posting your comment or question. Someone may have already answered your question. Duplicate questions or answers will be deleted.

Your comment should not consist of all capital letters because it denotes shouting and shouting at other users is not acceptable.

If you want to receive email notifications when someone makes a comment, asks or answers a question, please click here to register. Anonymous users do not receive email notifications.

Comments or Questions (12)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 1 week, 2 days ago

I recevied a sms from mob number -09854737596 email id is gogoipapu12 @gmail.com stating that my mob number has won 5.3 cr 2heroclaims @gmail.com

• Anonymous: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Your email address has luckly won you 1,750,000.00 GBP. Is this a scam message going on?

• info: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

This is a scam. Do not send your money or information.

• Anonymous: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I received an e-mail informing me that i had won 1,750,000.00 GBP. Is this a scam message.

• Anonymous: 6 months, 2 weeks ago

I received the sms from mobile no.08743844438 his email id is jamesmor710@yahoo.com (he said his name is james mor senior representatives of Hero Honda Agent UK that my mobile no has won the prizes US Dollar 500,000 (3 Corer, 15 Lakhs, 76 Thousand and 5 hundred) I thought it was true because I was first time as I never received such sms in my mobile and email.

I responded and gave my details soon after this, I received a mail that he (James mor is coming to our country INDIA from UK and will be reaching Delhi. Next morning I received call from that man stating he reached in New Delhi asking me 10,500 as Airport fee given SBI Account number of one Mr. Rakesh Singh stating Rakesh is custom officer.

I sent 10, 500/- soon after this again he asked me 49,999/- for the A/C upgrading Code that he brought huge amount and going to make transfer e banking in my account. I sent 49,999/- after sending this money he gave me A/C upgrading code no so the account transfer was gone only 52% then stopped. Again he asked income tax code number for which I paid 79000/- and again he said the transaction time was over and my prize is enter into dum rage saying I have to pay 25,000/- so I paid it, thereafter he said it is final he will go to RBI Delhi to Bank Manager to transfer.

He said the winning prizes 3,15,76,500.00 is deposited in hard score insurance policy account # 4342600500180905 in RBI Delhi. Again next morning when I asked him to make transfer the winning prize in my account, he said I have to produce Fund Release Order Certificate from UK that from the British Government Barrister John Larry the Judge of Federal High Court, for which I paid 600 pounds in conversion INR 60,800/- he sent me copy of certificate. I thought now it is being concluded the procedures but again Mr. James mor is demanding 51,100 for the approval order which is required from federal finance ministry office Delhi. But I could not send this money due to my financial problems, he is threatening me saying he will make me cry more if I don't pay this money soon.

I request him to give extension of time for one month but he refused and not responding my call. His mobile No. is 08743844438 presently calling me 4-5 times in a day and night.But I don't know whether it is true or not?

• Anonymous: 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I received a message from mobile no 919015792717 on 14-10-2013 at 08:47 AM stating that my mobile no. has won 750,000 Dollar

• Anonymous: 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I got a message by this # 7827440568 saying your numbr has won 500,000.GBP and honda bike in 2013 honda mobile promo uk,to claim ur prize send ur name,sex,tel,add,state to email-hondacplc@live.com

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago

I got 2 messages as follows:

one from +918882393582:
    CONGRAT'YOUR MOBILE NO.HAS WON 4CRORE,26LAKHS IN 2013 HONDA PROMO HELD IN UK: TO CLAIM UR PRIZE SEND NAME, TEL;ADD,AGE,VIA EMAIL; hondamotorsdraw1@hotmail.com
    received on 27-08-2013 at 07:26::44am

second from +917827195413
    the same as above
    received on 27-08-2013 at 11:40:15am

• Anonymous: 11 months, 0 week ago

i got a email as follows:

HERO HONDA COMPANY UNITED KINGDOM- LONDON
    [BR]Sudbury Suffolk CO10 2PG
    Tel:Number:+448719155584}+449719153836

Fax Number:+44(701)002-8480 }
    Email: info@herohondalotto.com
    WEBSITE :www.herohondalotto.com
    R. CASTRO-SECRETARY-GENERAL

CONGRATULATIONS !!! FOR WINNING FUND OF £500,000.GBP:
    CONGRATULATIONS !!! FOR WINNING FUND OF£500,00.GBP:
    Thanks for your quick response about your funds Delivery, with response to your mail, Please be informed that your funds is ready for DISBURSEMENT. And the Name in our list of shipment is: (ICC/034. )
    Your winning prize has been verified and approved for payment by this HERO HONDA COMPANY UNITED KINGDOM. Your Profile (Form) has also been received and filed along with other winning document for Recording Purpose...

• Anonymous: Mar 8, 2013

Received in the name of heromotorbike2013@live.co.uk by sms from mobile no +919873598169 about GBP500,000 . must be fraud !!!!

• info: Feb 28, 2013

The e-mail that you received is a scam? Ignore it.

• Anonymous: Feb 28, 2013

Dear Honda Car Promotion
    Please i just notify that i received a e-mail from Honda Security/Verification dept Mr Richard Olsen that i won the price 1,750000 bound on serial n#652-623 batch #AT040SB00-03. I just confirm if an criminal or others crime just trick myself with this false message, but if it true or not just reply to me.

About us   Advertise with us   Contribute to OTA   Report Cyber Threats    Mobile websiteMobile Website   RSS FeedRSS Feed   Contact us   Privacy Policy   Terms and Conditions   This site uses cookies to offer you a complete experience. Learn more.   Copyright © 2012 - 2014 Online Threat Alerts (OTA).