Hoax: "Mr. Bean Rowan Atkinson Died at 58 after Committing Suicide"

Hoax: "Mr. Bean Rowan Atkinson Died at 58 after Committing Suicide"

Rowan Atkinson, English actor and comedian known as Mr. Bean, is NOT dead. Cyber-criminals have created another celebrity death hoax, with the intention of tricking gullible social networking users into installing a malicious Facebook application. This application can be used to spread spam and other malicious posts to all of your Facebook friends.

The Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson) Facebook Death Hoax

CNN News update

English Actor Comedian Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson) died at 58 after committing suicide. The comedian committed suicide right after the producer remove him on Johnny English 3. Rowan Atkinson(Mr Bean) recorded a suicide video with a message to his producer and fans around the world. (watch more)

The Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson) Facebook Death Hoax

This malicious Facebook post tricks gullible Facebook users into installing a malicious Facebook application, by claiming that they can watch Mr.Bean's suicide video. This application will ask you to give it access to your Facebook account, which it will use to send the same hoax to all of your Facebook friends.

This celebrity death hoax is similar to the Celine Dion, Will Smith,Shaggy, Rapper Eminem, Jackie Chan, Oprah Winfrey, Miley Cyrus and Angelina Jolie hoaxes.

If you install the malicious Facebook application (DO NOT) by giving it permission to your Facebook account, you will be asked to download a "Facebook Media Plug-in", which the hoax claims you will need in order to view the suicide video.

But, there is no video and Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson) did not commit suicide. If you install the so-called "Facebook Media Plug-in" by clicking on the link, you will install a malicious computer program that will infect your computer with a virus or Trojan horse.

If you have already installed this malicious Facebook application, please click here for instructions on how to remove it.

Do not use Facebook as your legitimate news source. If something is posted on Facebook, please verify it by visiting one of the reputable news websites. And, if you asked to install an application to view a video or any form of information, please do not.

Your web browser is capable of viewing most videos without the need to install any additional plug-ins.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert and help your family and friends by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Send this article to friends or family via email. For multiple email addresses, separate each with a semi-colon ";"
Email address(es):

Enter your comment or question in the box below and click the "Submit Your Comment or Question" button.

Your feedback is important to us! We invite you to share any information that you have on this article by telling us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below. We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All responses will be posted in the comment section below, to be shared with everyone.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

You are currently not signed in, but you may still submit your comment or question as an anonymous user. But in order to receive comment and other important notifications and alerts, please click here to sign in, or click here to sign up if you have not yet registered.

CommentComments or Questions (37)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. Anonymous users will not be able to delete their comments.

• Posted: 1 week, 5 days ago by an anonymous user from Turkey:

Mr.Bean my favourite, you made me cry. Thank god that you're alive . . And your little teddy :) :) ...

• Posted: 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Norway:

So, where is Mr. Bean in the mean time.

• Posted: 1 week, 7 days ago by info:

For information about Mr. Bean, please visit his Facebook page by clicking here.

• Posted: 2 weeks, 7 days ago by an anonymous user from England, Birmingham, United Kingdom:

Omg, Mr. Bean is not dead. Thank God! Love you Mr. Bean! X.

• Posted: 2 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Bangladesh:

I am so happy by hearing that Mr. Bean is not dead.Thank god

• Posted: 2 months, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from San Mateo, California, United States:

Thank God to know me that mr.bean is alive.

• Posted: 4 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines:

Oh My God!! I wasn't able to sleep because of his death,then I read about this and found out it wasn't real. Thank God my favourite comedian is still alive. I really love his movies and Mr. Beam episodes its a good thing you posted this. Thanks:)

• Posted: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Europe:

Thank God he's still alive.

• Posted: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Delhi, Delhi, India:

I am very happy Mr. Bean that you are alive.

• Posted: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Philippines:

:):):>:>:) I'm very happy that he's alive :):):):)

• Posted: 9 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Islamabad, Islamabad, Pakistan:

Thank God Mr Bean alive.

• Posted: Aug 9, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Raleigh, North Carolina, United States:

Yay he's still alive!! So happy
    Hope he makes a another comedy movie.

• Posted: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by an anonymous user from Pasadena, California, United States:

Me too, very fantabulous news.

• Posted: Aug 23, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India:

Yea I am also happy

• Posted: Aug 9, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Europe:

Whoops! Thank god he's still alive. Lets have cheers for people who like comedy.

• Posted: Jul 23, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Europe:

OMG I was shocked to hear about his death today thats why I came across to google about Mr bean and I'm happy :) to hear he is alive. But, I have a question. How can I believe this information?

• Posted: Jul 16, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from United Kingdom:

Thank god Mr. Bean (Rowan Atkinson) is not dead I was a little bit sad cause I heard a rumor that said he was dead.

I checked online committing suicide but really because they kicked him out of Johnny English I mean he is Johnny English how can they kick him out.

• Posted: Jul 15, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from United States:

Is true that mr Bean is still alive?

• Posted: Jul 15, 2014 ago by info:

Yes, he is still alive.

• Posted: Jul 6, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines:

At last it was just a hoax.

• Posted: Jun 15, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Uganda:

Is mr beans really dead?

• Posted: 9 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam:

I dont think so, if Mr. Bean was really dead it would be the on news.

• Posted: Jun 16, 2014 ago by info:

• Posted: Jun 8, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Phnom Penh, Phnum Pénh, Cambodia:

I'm very happy that he's not dead.

• Posted: May 26, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Lithuania:

Don't worry! He's not dead. He posted info about new season of animated series. It will be released in 2015. I'm going to watch it :-)

• Posted: May 18, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Ashburn, Virginia, United States:

thank god buddy you are alive...

• Posted: Apr 27, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica:

I don't believe anything the internet says these days.

• Posted: Apr 20, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Suri, West Bengal, India:

Thank god mr bean is alive, but its worrying why he is not acting.

• Posted: Mar 1, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from New Delhi, Delhi, India:

Love you Mr. Bean thank god you are alive may God give you a very long life

• Posted: Mar 1, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Kuwait:

Thank God Mr.Bean is ALIVE.Cheers to all the fans including me.

• Posted: Feb 18, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from India:

My favourite comedy character is Mr. Bean. I feel extreme happiness of getting informed that he is alive and the news of his death was fake.! - Rakesh

• Posted: Jan 4, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Gaborone, South-East, Botswana:

But why did they want us to believe that Rowan Atkinson was dead? I thought he was really dead in real life it's pretty not a funny joke to tell the whole world that their favourate actor is dead mean while he is still alive,it's very mean and shame on those people who made us believe this BIG LIE

• Posted: Jan 3, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Kolkata, West Bengal, India:

Who does this kind of bad joke? He is such a person that everybody can boast of and he is the ultimate source of sparkling wit and humour that is interspersed with rib tickling comedy.

• Posted: Nov 19, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from India:

I love mr bean. He is with us. Good.

• Posted: May 17, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Taguig, Manila, Philippines:

Thank you god,mr.bean is alive

• Posted: Nov 18, 2013 ago by an anonymous user from Brierley Hill, Dudley, United Kingdom:

Shouldn't the incredibly Poor grammar give it away? "...right after the producer remove him on Johnny English 3."

I don't believe anything the internet says but I'm glad Mr.beans is not dead