bell Warning! JavaScript is disabled! To take full advantage of our site and functionality, we recommend you enable it.
Online Threat Alerts (OTA)  - Alerting you to cyber threats lurking on the internet.

Your Amazon.com Order - Virus Email Message

Date: December 13, 2013 1:30 PM - Views: 10,483 - Article ID:5255 - Comments: 15
Your Amazon.com Order - Virus Email Message

The fake email message below with the subject: “Your Amazon.com order", contains a very dangerous computer program called a Trojan horse. So, please do not open the attachment for this email message if you receive a copy of it.

The 'Your Amazon.com Order' Virus Email Message

Subject: Your Amazon.com order SD0272242

From:    Support (SupportAmazonIDbokdkgvo @amazonSupportidhxeg .com)
Sent:     Fri 12/13/13 9:33 AM
Attachments: ORDER_Ni78282.zip

Hello,

Thank you for your order. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched.You can view the status of your order or make changes to it by visiting Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Order Details

Order PK4404360 Placed on December 9, 2013

Order details and invoice in attached file.

Need to make changes to your order? Visit our Help page for more information and video guides.

We hope to see you again soon. Amazon.com
---

The following threats were detected after scanning the attachment:

• Win32:Malware-gen
  • W32/Worm-FPE!65AA62047A29
  • TROJ_GE.77424BB4

This email message tries to trick the recipient into opening the malicious attachment, by claiming that the recipient can view his/her Amazon.com order status by opening the attachment.

If your computer is infected with this malicious computer program (Trojan horse), it can be used to spy on you, steal your personal/financial information, or allow cybercriminals to take control of your computer remotely. With remote access to your computer, these criminals can use your computer to commit cybercrimes, which will be traced back to you.

Now, if you have already opened this malicious attachment (ORDER_Ni78282.zip), please do a full scan of your computer with the antivirus software installed on it.

If you don’t have antivirus software installed on your computer, please click here for a list of free antivirus software.

View, submit comments and answer questions below. If you want to receive alert notifications, please click here to register.

Alert others by sharing this article with them.

Send this to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert.
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this alert, by leaving a comment below. If you ask a question, please revisit to view the answers.If you have a question about something different from what this alert is about, do not post it below, instead, send that question to us using our contact us form. Click here to contact us.

Read the comments below, if there are any, before posting your comment or question. Someone may have already answered your question. Duplicate questions or answers will be deleted.

Your comment should not consist of all capital letters because it denotes shouting and shouting at other users is not acceptable.

If you want to receive email notifications when someone makes a comment, asks or answers a question, please click here to register. Anonymous users do not receive email notifications.

Comments or Questions (15)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 3 months, 1 week ago

They spell it Ammazon /// so it has an extra M in the name of Amazon.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 1 week ago

People are so gullible and excise no caution in opening any emails.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for answering my questions. I have been so worried about this virus. I am happy the little ChromeBook was not affected.
    You made my Christmas Happy!
    TK

• info: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Your husband is right. The attachment is a virus or Trojan horse that only affects the Windows operating systems. Your Chromebook runs on the Chromebook operating system, which is Linux-based.

Therefore, this virus or Trojan will not affect you.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I am very concerned since I downloaded and opened the attachment. I am using a Chrome Book. Do the viruses affect the Chrome Book?
    I normally do not open attachments. I saw the Amazon name and thought it was something my husband bought. So dumb of me.

Please tell me if I have the Trojan Horse or other viruses. My husband said there are no virus scan programs to run on Chrome Book.
    I deleted the e-mails (I got two) and the download.

I changed my e-mail password and Facebook password. Should I throw this Chrome Book away? I don't want to change my e-mail address. My husband says we are safe since those viruses and Trojan Horse are written for window users, and Chrome Book is not based on windows.

Please advise what to do if you downloaded this stuff on Chrome Book. Thanks! TK

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I got this email too after placing an order at Amazon.com. They really need to warn customers on their site or send a warning of the bogus email to their customers. I guess now you have to research everything before you open any emails. thanks for the info.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I was wise enough to catch it. I did not place any orders on the day it mentioned, am not waiting for any orders, and I no longer associate that email address from my account. Also, I did a "who is" of the IP address (OrderReportluuv .com), and it is still available.Anyone who gets one should forward to stop-spoofing@amazon.com per the Amazon website, which I did.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I fell victim... nothing showed when we ran our antivirus software.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Can this virus/trojan infect a Windows Mobile Phone with a Windows 8 OS? If so, how can it be located and removed?

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

There is an order number in the subject "Amazon Order #ZX1212024"
    and in the body "OU6657174" placed on December 9th.

The email address was close to mine. While it wasn't mine, it came to me.

Has my pay pal account be charged for such an order. I will scan
    my computer for a virus. Is there anything more I should do?

Shirley

• info: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

This virus or Trojan only affects computer running the Windows operating system.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Will this virus or trojan infect a MAC also.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I have been getting versions of this virus message. My virus checker (Avast) flags them. I have not opened any of them, but they keep coming. Amazon needs to address this problem aggressively. Amazon needs to fix this promptly.

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I clicked on the attachment and downloaded it. I didn't open it however. After reading this I promptly deleted it from my computer. Am I safe from the Trojan horse, or could I have already been infected?
    thanks

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Just a note on what to look for in the e-mail:

The "To:" line lists your e-mail, and a string of similar e-mails. Example: J###@earthlink.net JoeSmith, JohnSmith etc.

Don't think group orders are common.

Also Intro used: "Good Day" sounds like it came from the Great White North...

If this attachment runs, it will try to kill antivirus by disabling it and prevents a virus scan. Then if you try to reinstall AV, the install will most likely fail too. Blue Screen of death also.

Virus *exe looks like higher C code, but I could not decompile to look closer.

Recommend wipe the hard drive and reinstall OS and Applications. Do whatever recover action you have for backup after.

About us   Advertise with us   Contribute to OTA   Report Cyber Threats    Mobile websiteMobile Website   RSS FeedRSS Feed   Contact us   Privacy Policy   Terms and Conditions   This site uses cookies to offer you a complete experience. Learn more.   Copyright © 2012 - 2014 Online Threat Alerts (OTA).