bell Warning: JavaScript is turned off! Some features on this website will not work without it. We recommend turning it on.
Online Threat Alerts: Alerting you to scams, malware, fraud, hoaxes and other threats.

Your Amazon.com Order - Virus Email Message

Date: December 13, 2013 1:30 PM - Views: 13,798 - Comments: 15
Your Amazon.com Order - Virus Email Message

The fake email message below with the subject: "Your Amazon.com order," contains a very dangerous computer program called a Trojan horse. So, please do not open the attachment for this email message if you receive a copy of it.

The 'Your Amazon.com Order' Virus Email Message

Subject: Your Amazon.com order SD0272242

From: Support (SupportAmazonIDbokdkgvo @amazonSupportidhxeg .com)
Sent: Fri 12/13/13 9:33 AM
Attachments: ORDER_Ni78282.zip

Hello,

Thank you for your order. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched.You can view the status of your order or make changes to it by visiting Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Order Details

Order PK4404360 Placed on December 9, 2013

Order details and invoice in attached file.

Need to make changes to your order? Visit our Help page for more information and video guides.

We hope to see you again soon. Amazon.com
---

The following threats were detected after scanning the attachment:

• Win32:Malware-gen
  • W32/Worm-FPE!65AA62047A29
  • TROJ_GE.77424BB4

This email message tries to trick the recipient into opening the malicious attachment, by claiming that the recipient can view his/her Amazon.com order status by opening the attachment.

If your computer is infected with this malicious computer program (Trojan horse), it can be used to spy on you, steal your personal/financial information, or allow cybercriminals to take control of your computer remotely. With remote access to your computer, these criminals can use your computer to commit cybercrimes, which will be traced back to you.

Now, if you have already opened this malicious attachment (ORDER_Ni78282.zip), please do a full scan of your computer with the antivirus software installed on it.

If you don’t have antivirus software installed on your computer, please click here for a list of free antivirus software.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below.

Comments or Questions (15)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 7 months, 3 weeks ago

They spell it Ammazon /// so it has an extra M in the name of Amazon. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 3 weeks ago

People are so gullible and excise no caution in opening any emails. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for answering my questions. I have been so worried about this virus. I am happy the little ChromeBook was not affected.
    You made my Christmas Happy!
    TK ~

• info: 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Your husband is right. The attachment is a virus or Trojan horse that only affects the Windows operating systems. Your Chromebook runs on the Chromebook operating system, which is Linux-based.

Therefore, this virus or Trojan will not affect you. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 4 weeks ago

I am very concerned since I downloaded and opened the attachment. I am using a Chrome Book. Do the viruses affect the Chrome Book?
    I normally do not open attachments. I saw the Amazon name and thought it was something my husband bought. So dumb of me.

Please tell me if I have the Trojan Horse or other viruses. My husband said there are no virus scan programs to run on Chrome Book.
    I deleted the e-mails (I got two) and the download.

I changed my e-mail password and Facebook password. Should I throw this Chrome Book away? I don't want to change my e-mail address. My husband says we are safe since those viruses and Trojan Horse are written for window users, and Chrome Book is not based on windows.

Please advise what to do if you downloaded this stuff on Chrome Book. Thanks! TK ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 4 weeks ago

I got this email too after placing an order at Amazon.com. They really need to warn customers on their site or send a warning of the bogus email to their customers. I guess now you have to research everything before you open any emails. thanks for the info. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 0 week ago

I was wise enough to catch it. I did not place any orders on the day it mentioned, am not waiting for any orders, and I no longer associate that email address from my account. Also, I did a "who is" of the IP address (OrderReportluuv .com), and it is still available.Anyone who gets one should forward to stop-spoofing@amazon.com per the Amazon website, which I did. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 0 week ago

I fell victim... nothing showed when we ran our antivirus software. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 0 week ago

Can this virus/trojan infect a Windows Mobile Phone with a Windows 8 OS? If so, how can it be located and removed? ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 0 week ago

There is an order number in the subject "Amazon Order #ZX1212024"
    and in the body "OU6657174" placed on December 9th.

The email address was close to mine. While it wasn't mine, it came to me.

Has my pay pal account be charged for such an order. I will scan
    my computer for a virus. Is there anything more I should do?

Shirley ~

• info: 9 months, 1 week ago

This virus or Trojan only affects computer running the Windows operating system. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 1 week ago

Will this virus or trojan infect a MAC also. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 1 week ago

I have been getting versions of this virus message. My virus checker (Avast) flags them. I have not opened any of them, but they keep coming. Amazon needs to address this problem aggressively. Amazon needs to fix this promptly. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 1 week ago

I clicked on the attachment and downloaded it. I didn't open it however. After reading this I promptly deleted it from my computer. Am I safe from the Trojan horse, or could I have already been infected?
    thanks ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 1 week ago

Just a note on what to look for in the e-mail:

The "To:" line lists your e-mail, and a string of similar e-mails. Example: J###@earthlink.net JoeSmith, JohnSmith etc.

Don't think group orders are common.

Also Intro used: "Good Day" sounds like it came from the Great White North...

If this attachment runs, it will try to kill antivirus by disabling it and prevents a virus scan. Then if you try to reinstall AV, the install will most likely fail too. Blue Screen of death also.

Virus *exe looks like higher C code, but I could not decompile to look closer.

Recommend wipe the hard drive and reinstall OS and Applications. Do whatever recover action you have for backup after. ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale