bell Warning: JavaScript is turned off! Some features on this website will not work without it. We recommend turning it on.
Online Threat Alerts: Alerting you to scams, malware, fraud, hoaxes and other threats.

Facebook Freedom Award Lottery Promotion Agency Scam

Date: June 20, 2013 10:19 AM - Views: 14,270 - Comments: 29
Facebook Freedom Award Lottery Promotion Agency Scam

The Facebook Freedom Lottery located at "www.facebook .com/FreedomLottery", is a scam. Thousands of persons are receiving messages which claim that their names are on the Facebook Freedom Lottery (FFL) winners list. But, there is no Facebook Lottery, and there has never been one.

The Facebook Lottery Page

Facebook FreedomLottery page

The owner of the Freedom Lottery page, “Freedom Lottery, told everyone who stated that they have gotten a message claiming that they are winners, to send an email to the claims manager at hngblues @inbox.com or turnerthomas71 @yahoo.com.

I sent an email to them and this was the response:

You need to purchase the FORM. The FORM acts as your tickets and as soon as you purchase it here online then your winnings would be delivered to you in 24hours after.

Thank You.
Claims Manager.

Persons have claimed that they have sent money to claim their prizes, but did not receive them.

Always remember this golden rule: if you are asked to send money in order to receive money (your prize), it is a scam.

Now, the same owner of the Facebook FreedomLottery page started telling persons to register on their website at www.fedempowerment .com. I visited this website and realized that the website was taken down (suspended) by their hosting company.

Here is the website (www.fedempowerment .com) with the suspension notice

Account Suspended

It is so strange that a website like this would be suspended. On their Facebook page, someone asked on March 2013, why their website was suspended. Their response was: “We are undergoing an upgrade system.. Pls be patient with us”.

Facebook FreedomLottery posts

For more than four months now, the website is still suspended. Four months of upgrade to a website seems extremely farfetched.

Here are some of the fake Facebook Freedom Lottery messages you may receive:

Have you heard. about the money $200,000 cash i got from the Face- book Freedom Lottery(FFL) with the Collaboration IBC imperia invest company. I wonder if you get your money yet because I saw your name on the Face-book Freedom Lottery(FFL) list and I ask, they told me they will bring money to you too.
wonder if you get your money yet because I saw your name on the Face-book Freedom Lottery(FFL) list and I ask, they told me they will bring money to you too…. Do you receive your own money yet ?? You need to contact the agent right now on marcbergmn73@gmail.com , he will get back to you asap cux he is 24hrs online and let you know what to do to get your money okay.

They may ask you to call them at telephone number 17577454464. Please do not.

If you receive any messages or phone calls from Facebook-Freedom Lottery, about winning money, please DO NOT:

• send an email to the email address that they have posted on their Facebook page or post
  • send your money
  • “Like”, comment or post anything on their Facebook page. This will only help spread this scam to others

I have reported the “Facebook FreedomLottery” located at www.facebook.com/FreedomLottery to Facebook.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below.

Comments or Questions (29)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago

I have the same problem; firstly Mrs Jessica Fidelis, then by a Larry smith claiming I had won prize money and car.

Keep asking for money for taxes, delivery, import duties etc.
    If Facebook and government know about these scams, how are they able to continue to scam people using Facebook ~

• info: 1 month, 1 week ago

It is virtually impossible to track all activities on the internet, especially Facebook. And, it is so easy for someone to commit cyber-crimes because technology has made it so easy for them to do it, from anywhere in the world.

So, it is very important that you educate yourself about these scams, so you can protect yourself against them.

Remember, never send money to claim lottery prizes. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago

David M Frank,and his phone # is: 1(925)364-5112; his friends are: Tammy Young she lives in Baltimore, and Alimi Wasiu lives in Nigeria; all these guys are scammers and they are very smart.

They work like a group ,their guys are every where in the would ,if they say that you win Facebook freedom lottery and ask you send money to whoever they name it ,please don't do send it , because it's scam. I hope the FBI will work on this case and clean up these scammers. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

They are still claiming that the Facebook freedom lottery is real .

I am still being told that there is money waiting in my name to be claimed . Today I finally had enough and told the agent that it will have to go unclaimed because I am unable to do my part to claim it .

This has been on going since the end of May 2014 ~

• info: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Remember, there is no Facebook lottery. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Thes are the names of people who are saying that they work for the company:

Yemmty G Dommy,
    Jimmy Green,
    Eze Francis.

And a man stating he is from the Federal Agency of Facebook. I have given them $100 already. So I have gave them my email and my Facebook passwords. They claim that I have to pay IRS for them to release my money.

They said at first it was 1 million dollars and then it turned to $2,000. Then to 150,000. I still have them on my messages. Can some one call the feds so they can catch these people and help them catch them on their act. ~

• info: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

It is hard to locate them because they are operating in other countries. They can quickly move and set up shop in another countries or location in a few minutes.

So, this is why we try to educate persons about these scams, they do not fall for them. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

We were told we had won 80,000 but had to send 500.00 to moneygram for processing fees. Thank god Moneygram recognized the scam. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago

Did you get you money back from Money Gram before or after you sent it? ~

• info: 1 month, 3 weeks ago

If you are asked to send money to Western Union or Moneygram in order to receive your lottery prize, it is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago

I was contacted by David M Frank from Facebook.

Freedom lottery...about 2 weeks ago, he told me to send money to claim the prize, and i did ...I paid for fees this and that...seem like every thing is not right and i topped to send money to him.

OK my friends who use Facebook and see Freedom lottery, don't believe in this, its a big scam.... don't believe in this guy (David M Frank)and his partners Alimi Wasiu, Tammy Young and Alimi. Alimi is living in Nigeria. Tammy young is living in Baltimore USA. All these people are big time scam.... ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

I was contacted by a John Saint Dickson, email johndickson2005 @gmail.com. A friend who recieved a message from someone. Dickson has a page on Facebook that claims he is an agent for FB. I emailed FB and not recieved a response.
    What is the scoop on this. ~

• info: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

It is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 4 weeks ago

I received a message on Facebook telling me I was on a winners list for money something like 50,000 dollars, but was told I'd have to send them 400 dollars first obvious a scam from a website... WWW.facebook.com /Jennifer.FederalAgent; not buying into it. Like the rule of thumb says, if it sounds to good to be true, chances are it is not. ~

• info: 3 months, 4 weeks ago

Once you are asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

This guy from the FBI (red flag) FBI don't get involved with a lottery. His name is George Wales Jr according to the facebook message I received.. saying I have to fill out the form right now was I ready??? What I look like I got stupid written on my face... SCAMMMMM! ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 0 week ago

I received a message from a fb friend who said they saw my name on the ffl list. Told me to email officerperry@ ymail.com. they said if I sent 575 for shipping fees they would send me 150,000,000. And that I would receive it at my doorstep in 6 hours via ups. Since when was UPS given the rights to carry that much money in cash without security??? They said they were trying to help the public with poverty. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 0 week ago

i just got one of those messages on my facebook page by a friend to do with facebook freedom lottery telling me the same thing that she saw my name on the winning list and the name of the man organising it his name is DAVID SCOFIELD ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago

Here is fraudulent email address: facebookmanager.world @gmail.com ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 3 weeks ago

What I find stupid is there group Facebook site is still up when will someone take it down surely its been reported. These people are trying to steal hard earning money. It's so shameful I received a MSG this morning from a work friend and I'm glad I googled the name of the company before I emailed.

How are you doing ,have you heard about the $950,000.00 usd, i got from the on-going seasonal Face-book Freedom Lottery and end of the year winning promo, they are helping all people with the Cash now. I wonder if you got your money yet because I saw your name on the world facebook lottery winners list and I ask them, they told me they will bring money to you as well, email them to stevedavidwilliams12@gmail.com so they can bring your money to you too. here is mr Steven David Williams name on facebook Steven David Williams search for him by this name Steven David Williams and add him as friend or u go under my friend list and add him as friend. so that they can bring your own win money to you.okay ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 2 weeks ago

We received a scanned certificate copy with the name of my niece on it and now I see it's a scam. Thank you for warning. ~

• info: 11 months, 0 week ago

Your friend's Facebook account may have compromised or he/she has installed a malicious Facebook application that is sending these scams to you. Ask you friend to change his/her Facebook password and remove any Facebook application they are not familiar with.

Click here for instructions on how to remove Facebook applications. ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 0 week ago

I just received a facebook message from a recently added friend (someone I actually know) claiming he had won $100,000 cash from the facebook freedom lottery in collaberation with world international lottery agency company. He then proceeded to inform me that he had seen my name on the list of winners and sent me a link where I could enter to claim my reward. Obviously I did not click on the link, howver I am curious how this message was sent from one of my actual friends.??? ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 4 weeks ago

heres another scam Robert David hxxp://www.facebook.com/federal4realgovt they ask u to pay $600 through western union to a Sokoya Roberts in Nigeria for shipping fees to get your winnings delivered to you...they claim to be the official facebook freedom award promotion lottery agency corporation...golden rule..do not pay money to get money ~

• info: Sep 4, 2013

This is not true. Never send money to receive money. ~

• Anonymous: Sep 4, 2013

I have someone online claiming to be from facebook lottery but I have to pay 600 n 80 dollars b4 I get money is this true ~

• Anonymous: Aug 22, 2013

Conversation started Wednesday 3:15pm
    Veronica A Jnagy
    hello
    ...
    3:27pm
    Veronica A Jnagy
    How are you doing ,have you heard about the money $150,000 cash i got from the Face-book Freedom Lottery(FFL) with the Collaboration with IBC Imperia Invest Company.They are giving money to deaf and hearing people.
    Lottery(FFL) list and I ask, they told me they will bring money to you too. Email to them now on officer.coleman@yahoo.com Do that now so you can get your own money too. ~

• Anonymous: Jul 29, 2013

ALL they do is keep asking me for money saying I won a major cash winning. They keep asking me for money they need to send the winnings. So far I am out $18,622.00 ~

• Anonymous: Jul 8, 2013

Do anyone know Rebekah Hessy ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale