Bogus Verizon Automated Phone Calls and Phishing Website MyBonus130 .com

Date: June 05, 2013 9:41 PM - Views: 19,292 - Comments: 44
Bogus Verizon Automated Phone Calls and Phishing Website MyBonus130 .com

Verizon Wireless customers are receiving an automated phone recording message stating that they should go to the website: MyBonus130 .com, to get $130 off their next bill. This is a scam and the website MyBonus130 .com is a fake, designed to steal your Verizon user name and password.

Persons have received these bogus Verizon automated phone calls from the list of telephone numbers below:

• 1-800-922-5555
  • 800-922-3333

The fake website: hxxp://MyBonus130 .com looks exactly like the legitimate Verizon Wireless website: http://www.verizonwireless.com/ and may take you to the phishing website: mybonus130.no-ip .biz.

Whatever you do, do not enter your Verizon Wireless sign in or login information on this malicious website.

If you try to sign-in to this fake website by entering your userID / cellphone number and password, it will be sent to the scammers behind this bogus website. With your sign-in information, these people will be able to gain access to your account.

With access to your account, they may deactivate your device, add their own and rack up international calls and internet usage. They may also steal your identity.

If you were tricked into entering your sign-in information on this malicious website: hxxp://MyBonus130 .com, please change your password.

How can I change my password for My Verizon?

You can change your password online:

If you are unable to change your password, please contact Verizon by telephone at 1-800-VERIZON.

Scammers will be creating more bogus websites and phone recordings to lure persons into their traps. If you receive any e-mails, text messages, or phone calls claiming that you have won something and that you need to go to a particular website in order to claim your prize, please contact Verizon at 1-800-VERIZON to verify this promotion.

Verizon has already been contacted about these phone calls and the phishing website MyBonus130 .com.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Your feedback is important to us! We invite you to share any information that you have on this article by telling us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below, to be shared with everyone.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

Enter your comment or question in the box below and click the "Submit Your Comment or Question" button.

You are currently not signed in, but you may still submit your comment or question. But in order to receive comment and other important notifications and alerts, please click here to sign in, or click here to sign up if you have not yet registered.

CommentComments or Questions (44)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago from: Boise, Idaho, United States

I got a call from 832-727-4840 but left no message. I returned the call using magic jack as I figured it to be bogus.

It SOUNDED like a Verizon automated system but they kept referencing having your credit card handy so I knew it was a scam. I went through the menus several times and finally was connected to a live person via the tech support option.

"Vanessa" with Verizon customer service, at first sounded legit as she has most of the Verizon phone etiquette down. That is until I asked for her call back number. She fumbled around, I could tell she was not at a desk or wearing a headset, and finally gave me 800-922-0240. She also gave me attitude when I wanted to inform "Verizon" of a possible phishing scam.

I was in a playful mood so I hung up with "Vanessa" and attempted to call her back. The number "Vanessa" gave me was for "USA rebates" and I could get a free medical alert bracelet if over 50 OR 100 rebate card all for giving them my credit card / debit card information to pay the "processing fee" of $1.95.

I spoke with a "Michelle" who took my bogus name and address of 123 Sesame st, Sunnyside PA. I tried to convince her to just spot me the $2, that I was good for it. She adamantly refused and eventually hung up on me. So... I call back. Got a different person who then put me on hold to get manager, he hung up.

I waited a few minutes and call back. Finally got "Michelle" again and she still refused. I asked what city she was in, she said Virginia Beach. I replied, "OH that's cool what street, I am also in Virginia Beach." The response was please hold for manager and once again hung up. I figure I'll wait until 2 AM then try again.

Is it wrong that I find pleasure in screwing with scammers???? ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago from: Shelbyville, Indiana, United States

Flipping awesome! Call them 6 or 12 times in a row for me too! :p ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 4 weeks ago from: Charlotte, Michigan, United States

I got a call yesterday about the $32 one. It was automated and left a voicemail to go to Verizon 32 .com to claim $32 off my bill. I couldn't find anything about it on verizons website so I guess its fake. ~

• info: 2 months, 4 weeks ago

'Verizon32. com' is a fake and phishing website. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 4 weeks ago from: United States

My phone call was an automated call giving instructions to go to www.myverizon32 to claim $32

I didn't do it because I figured Verizon would have done this some other way.
    Creepy though. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 2 weeks ago from: Broussard, Louisiana, United States

I just got a phone call from 718-756-4820 Brooklyn, NY; when I tried calling the number back, it said the phone number was no longer in service....so I figured it was so kind of scam...they can call my number but I can't call them back... ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 3 weeks ago from: Albany, Georgia, United States

I got an automated call 10/5/2014 directing me to http://www.myverizon28 .com to collect my $28 account credit that I had been "awarded." I knew immediately that it was a scam.

I did check the website and it was hosted on bluehost.com and had been shut down. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 3 weeks ago from: Columbus, Indiana, United States

myverizon28 .com is also fake website. It was from the phone number that ended in 5555.

I'm glad I am not the person in charge of the account, because that made it pretty obvious that it wasn't real. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 3 weeks ago from: Paducah, Kentucky, United States

I just received an automated phone call similar to this saying I have a reward coming from Verizon of 36 dollars and to log into Verizon36 .com or something similar. My caller ID read unknown caller and the call was very hard to hear. Verizon sure knows that they are still phishing for someone to log in with their username and password to claim this so called reward. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 4 weeks ago from: Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States

I received a call tonight from 800-922-6881 and they were saying something about go to verizon41 .com because I had a reward of $41 as well. I ported my number out from Verizon in July 2013 so I know that couldn't be the truth. As a matter of fact I think I still owe them lol. These scams are really getting pathetic! ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 0 week ago from: Mission Viejo, California, United States

Also 800 922 7673 ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 0 week ago from: Draper, Utah, United States

I got a call today fron 801-911-6455 and they were saying we got a reward of $41 and to go to www.verizon41 .com. I am sure it is the same scam.. just changed a bit.

Funny part is we cancelled verizon 2 months ago! ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 0 week ago from: West End, North Carolina, United States

got the call from 800.911.6455 41 dollars off my next bill!
    told to go to www.verizon41 .com ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago from: Waynesville, North Carolina, United States

I just got one directing me to verizon37 .com from 1-800-911-6455. Same story. No thanks scammers! ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: United States

Just received a similar phishing phone call asking me to log onto Verizon79 .com and enter personal info. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: Macedon, New York, United States

I received that call also... The number was unknown. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: Charleston, West Virginia, United States

MINE SAYS TO GO TO WWW.VERIZON79 .COM TO SAVE 79 DOLLARS OFF OF YOUR NEXT MONTHS BILL. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: Granville, New York, United States

Me too. At 4:01 am! Not happy! Glad I found this discussion. Thank you. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: Penn Yan, New York, United States

I just got the same one from a 00000000000 phone number. Glad I checked it out first. ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: Watertown, New York, United States

Both my husband's phone. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 3 weeks ago from: Denver, Colorado, United States

I received a call from this number today. The 1st part of the message was cut off but I got enough to know that they were offering $27 by going to a website. I think it said "www.verizon27 .com". ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 1 week ago from: Englewood, Colorado, United States

Received a call from 800-922-5555 on June 21. Voice mail was partially cut off, but there was a mention of "claim my $53 award today". ~

• Anonymous: 10 months, 4 weeks ago from: Jackson, Tennessee, United States

I just had the same call telling me to go to www.verizon53 .com and login to retrieve my $53 reward. ~

• info: 10 months, 4 weeks ago

This is another scam. ~

• Anonymous: Apr 13, 2014 from: Denver, Colorado, United States

Got a call from 1-800-922-0204, caller ID said TECHNICAL SUPPORT. REcorded message telling me to go to www.verizon24 .com to claim my $24 credit. I don't have Verizon as my carrier anymore. ~

• Anonymous: Mar 11, 2014 from: Eugene, Oregon, United States

Unfortunately, they are still active. I received a call on my TracFone cell phone from this number about money, I think $54, but the prerecorded message started before my voice mail began recording. The message finished with "Verizon cares." It seemed to be in a Hispanic accent. The call woke me from drowsing at 11:25 pm. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 13, 2014 from: Port Orange, Florida, United States

I received an automated call this morning from 1-800-922-0204 saying they would give me a credit of $44.00 off my bill if I go to WWW.44verizon .com. They are still going strong! Glad I checked it out first. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 12, 2014 from: Ohio, United States

got a call today from 800-922-0204, asked to get claim of $44 from 44verizon .com, another phishing call, be aware ~

• Anonymous: Feb 9, 2014 from: Middlesex, New Jersey, United States

I received a call today and the caller is was from Verizon technical support. They asked me to go to vwrizon wireless 44 to receive a $44 credit on my account after I log in. Beware they are still making the calls just changing the amounts. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 16, 2014 from: Portland, Oregon, United States

We just received the same scam on our cell. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 8, 2014 from: Bedford, Ohio, United States

Now saying they are Verizon Technical Support and myverizon44 .com. With a $44.00 Credit. Just another Scam to get your information and take over your account. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 7, 2014 from: Plattsmouth, Nebraska, United States

received an automated call a couple hours ago from 800-922-2556 saying to go to myverizon34 .com to receive 34 dollars off of my bill. i'm on a family plan, and my mom received the same call as well. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 16, 2014 from: Portland, Oregon, United States

The scam phone number was 800-922-0204. ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 3 weeks ago from: Herminie, Pennsylvania, United States

Same number called my Verizon WORK cell 15 times in two days.. If only one could just reach through the phone.... ~

• Anonymous: Feb 7, 2014 from: Omaha, Nebraska, United States

I got a call; 800-922-2556 was the number. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 7, 2014 from: Omaha, Nebraska, United States

Just got a call and it told me to go to myverizon34 .com. Luckily I searched here first, since Verizon usually sends me texts. ~

• Anonymous: Feb 5, 2014 from: Piscataway, New Jersey, United States

Got a call on my home phone and cellphone saying I was chosen to get $34 off my next bill. Call came from 800-922-2346. Told me to go to www.myverizon34 .com. Foolishly I did! I just changed my password. I never fall for schemes like this, be careful! ~

• Anonymous: Jan 11, 2014 from: Stowe, Vermont, United States

same with me. Got 2 calls, one at my fairpoint landline and another at my ATT mobile. (800) 9220204, the landline bina shows something as Bell ~

• Anonymous: Dec 29, 2013 from: Roanoke, Virginia, United States

I just received a call telling me to go to www.my35rewards .com to get $35 off my bill. I have Verizon this is ridiculous the phone number was 1-800-922-0204. ~

• Anonymous: Nov 21, 2013 from: New York, New York, United States

Same message from the 5555 number is also pushing www.myverizon45 .com. ~

• Anonymous: Nov 14, 2013 from: Biloxi, Mississippi, United States

Received a call from a number with a 210 249 0540 saying I will receive 35 off in my bill. Did not listen to whole message, but website was something like my 35 reward. ~

• Anonymous: Oct 19, 2013 from: Provo, Utah, United States

Just got a call from this number offering me $30 by going to www.my30verizonwireless .com ~

• Anonymous: Aug 25, 2013 from: Providence, Rhode Island, United States

I use T-mobile and received the same voicemail, only this one was for www.myreward60 .com, which takes you to another spoof Verizon site. phone number was 1-800-922-0000 ~

• Anonymous: Jun 28, 2013 from: Traverse City, Michigan, United States

It's not just people with Verizon accounts. My cellphone's on AT&T and I just got my second automated call from these people. The phone number listed was different - 800-922-0204. ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: twitter.com/onlinethreatale
Follow us on Google+ at: google.com/+Onlinethreatalerts
Follow us on Pinterest at: pinterest.com/onlinethreat/