bell Warning! JavaScript is disabled! To take full advantage of our site and functionality, we recommend you enable it.
Online Threat Alerts (OTA)  - Alerting you to cyber threats lurking on the internet.

Bogus Verizon Automated Phone Calls and Phishing Website MyBonus130 .com

Date: June 05, 2013 9:41 PM - Views: 11,570 - Article ID:5001 - Comments: 19
Bogus Verizon Automated Phone Calls and Phishing Website MyBonus130 .com

Verizon Wireless customers are receiving an automated phone recording message stating that they should go to the website: MyBonus130 .com, to get $130 off their next bill. This is a scam and the website MyBonus130 .com is a fake, designed to steal your Verizon user name and password.

Persons have received these bogus Verizon automated phone calls from the list of telephone numbers below:

• 1-800-922-5555
  • 800-922-3333

The fake website: hxxp://MyBonus130 .com looks exactly like the legitimate Verizon Wireless website: http://www.verizonwireless.com/ and may take you to the phishing website: mybonus130.no-ip .biz.

Whatever you do, do not enter your Verizon Wireless sign in or login information on this malicious website.

If you try to sign-in to this fake website by entering your userID / cellphone number and password, it will be sent to the scammers behind this bogus website. With your sign-in information, these people will be able to gain access to your account.

With access to your account, they may deactivate your device, add their own and rack up international calls and internet usage. They may also steal your identity.

If you were tricked into entering your sign-in information on this malicious website: hxxp://MyBonus130 .com, please change your password.

How can I change my password for My Verizon?

You can change your password online:

If you are unable to change your password, please contact Verizon by telephone at 1-800-VERIZON.

Scammers will be creating more bogus websites and phone recordings to lure persons into their traps. If you receive any e-mails, text messages, or phone calls claiming that you have won something and that you need to go to a particular website in order to claim your prize, please contact Verizon at 1-800-VERIZON to verify this promotion.

Verizon has already been contacted about these phone calls and the phishing website MyBonus130 .com.

View, submit comments and answer questions below. If you want to receive alert notifications, please click here to register.

Alert others by sharing this article with them.

Send this to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert.
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this alert, by leaving a comment below. If you ask a question, please revisit to view the answers.If you have a question about something different from what this alert is about, do not post it below, instead, send that question to us using our contact us form. Click here to contact us.

Read the comments below, if there are any, before posting your comment or question. Someone may have already answered your question. Duplicate questions or answers will be deleted.

Your comment should not consist of all capital letters because it denotes shouting and shouting at other users is not acceptable.

If you want to receive email notifications when someone makes a comment, asks or answers a question, please click here to register. Anonymous users do not receive email notifications.

Comments or Questions (19)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 4 days, 18 hours ago

Got a call from 1-800-922-0204, caller ID said TECHNICAL SUPPORT. REcorded message telling me to go to www.verizon24 .com to claim my $24 credit. I don't have Verizon as my carrier anymore.

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago

Unfortunately, they are still active. I received a call on my TracFone cell phone from this number about money, I think $54, but the prerecorded message started before my voice mail began recording. The message finished with "Verizon cares." It seemed to be in a Hispanic accent. The call woke me from drowsing at 11:25 pm.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

I received an automated call this morning from 1-800-922-0204 saying they would give me a credit of $44.00 off my bill if I go to WWW.44verizon .com. They are still going strong! Glad I checked it out first.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

got a call today from 800-922-0204, asked to get claim of $44 from 44verizon .com, another phishing call, be aware

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I received a call today and the caller is was from Verizon technical support. They asked me to go to vwrizon wireless 44 to receive a $44 credit on my account after I log in. Beware they are still making the calls just changing the amounts.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

We just received the same scam on our cell.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Now saying they are Verizon Technical Support and myverizon44 .com. With a $44.00 Credit. Just another Scam to get your information and take over your account.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

received an automated call a couple hours ago from 800-922-2556 saying to go to myverizon34 .com to receive 34 dollars off of my bill. i'm on a family plan, and my mom received the same call as well.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 1 week ago

The scam phone number was 800-922-0204.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I got a call; 800-922-2556 was the number.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Just got a call and it told me to go to myverizon34 .com. Luckily I searched here first, since Verizon usually sends me texts.

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Got a call on my home phone and cellphone saying I was chosen to get $34 off my next bill. Call came from 800-922-2346. Told me to go to www.myverizon34 .com. Foolishly I did! I just changed my password. I never fall for schemes like this, be careful!

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

same with me. Got 2 calls, one at my fairpoint landline and another at my ATT mobile. (800) 9220204, the landline bina shows something as Bell

• Anonymous: 3 months, 4 weeks ago

I just received a call telling me to go to www.my35rewards .com to get $35 off my bill. I have Verizon this is ridiculous the phone number was 1-800-922-0204.

• Anonymous: 5 months, 1 week ago

Same message from the 5555 number is also pushing hxxp://myverizon45.com.

• Anonymous: 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Received a call from a number with a 210 249 0540 saying I will receive 35 off in my bill. Did not listen to whole message, but website was something like my 35 reward.

• Anonymous: 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Just got a call from this number offering me $30 by going to my30verizonwireless.com

• Anonymous: 8 months, 2 weeks ago

I use T-mobile and received the same voicemail, only this one was for hxxp://myreward60.com, which takes you to another spoof Verizon site. phone number was 1-800-922-0000

• Anonymous: 10 months, 2 weeks ago

It's not just people with Verizon accounts. My cellphone's on AT&T and I just got my second automated call from these people. The phone number listed was different - 800-922-0204.

About us   Advertise with us   Contribute to OTA   Report Cyber Threats    Mobile websiteMobile Website   RSS FeedRSS Feed   Contact us   Privacy Policy   Terms and Conditions   This site uses cookies to offer you a complete experience. Learn more.   Copyright © 2012 - 2014 Online Threat Alerts (OTA).