bell Warning! JavaScript is disabled! To take full advantage of our site and functionality, we recommend you enable it.
Online Threat Alerts (OTA)  - Alerting you to cyber threats lurking on the internet.

Facebook Cash Rewards Program Scam: You have been selected to receive $1,500 in cash

Date: July 01, 2013 3:03 PM - Views: 8,348 - Article ID:5050 - Comments: 9

The Facebook cash rewards program below is a fake. If this program is posted on your Facebook Wall or Time, please report it as spam. Do not take part in this scam by following the instructions. Their website claims that you have been selected to take part in the weekly cash rewards, where you can win a large amount of cash. It then states that you have been selected to receive $1,500.

This is how the “Facebook Cash Rewards Program Scam” website looks

------
Facebook Cash Rewards Program Scam website

Facebook Cash Rewards Program Scam website

You Have (1) New Message
Congratulations!

Dear Facebook User,

Due to your recent online activity, you have been selected to take part in a weekly cash rewards program, where someone is selected to receive a significant cash reward. Based on today's random draw... You have been selected to receive $1,500 in cash!

To claim your cash reward, please click below and follow the instructions.

Thanks,

The FB Cash Rewards Team
------

The Facebook cash rewards program scam is locate at this website address:
hxxp://congratulations-you-won.com/facebook/cash/cpv/10/

The website also claims that if you leave, your reward will be forfeited:
"WARNING: If you leave now, your reward will be forfeited."

Clicking on any of the links in this message will take you to the following website:
hxxp://cpvtrack202.com/base2.php

The website above doesn't work and may have been disabled or removed.

This scam is also located at the following websites:

• hxxp://primetimesurveys.com/claim-cash/claim.php
  • hxxp://sweepstakes.com-promotional.info

These scammers will register new website names every day for the same scam. So, please note that the website name may change.

This scam is a trick to deceive persons into completing surveys by promising them cash rewards. The scammers behind this scheme will be paid for every survey completed. And, you will not receive the cash that was promised, instead, you will only make them (scammers) richer.

View, submit comments and answer questions below. If you want to receive alert notifications, please click here to register.

Alert others by sharing this article with them.

Send this to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert.
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this alert, by leaving a comment below. If you ask a question, please revisit to view the answers.If you have a question about something different from what this alert is about, do not post it below, instead, send that question to us using our contact us form. Click here to contact us.

Read the comments below, if there are any, before posting your comment or question. Someone may have already answered your question. Duplicate questions or answers will be deleted.

Your comment should not consist of all capital letters because it denotes shouting and shouting at other users is not acceptable.

If you want to receive email notifications when someone makes a comment, asks or answers a question, please click here to register. Anonymous users do not receive email notifications.

Comments or Questions (9)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Facebook lottery scam:
    -----------
    Congratulations,

As we Celebrate our 10years of internet Journey and Global Communication we are glad to Announce to you that your facebook account have been randomly selected as a beneficiary of $1,000,000.00usd in the 2013 Facebook Account of the Year {Grand Rewards winner}.

Email us the below details: Eduardo_facebookprogram@consultant.com
    1) facebook username:
    2) Present Country of Residence:
    3) Amount Won: $1,000,000.00 usd

Enjoy our new personalised 'Look Back' videos;

Eduardo Saverin
    Program Coordinator,
    Facebook Rewards Program,
    www.facebook.com
    All rights reserved 2014.

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago

Dear Facebook,I dianejohnson5245 @yahoo.com received a congratulations letter stating that I won a I,ooo,ooo.,and yes it came from Eduardo Saverin.But he did respond to me stating the bank will send me papers to complete for the release of my funds.

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I received a email similar to this one, there was no link to click on. Eduardo saverin did send it. I replied back and he sent this:
      ---------
      Congratulations on emerging as one of our lucky award winners! FACEBOOK LOTTERY 2014 offers awards to Lucky owners of selected emails from our data base. You have therefore been approved to go ahead and claim your funds which amounts to 1,000,000 (One million United States Dollars).

To get your funds transferred to you, you are required to contact the paying bank (First United and Trust bank, west Virginia, USA). Your funds have been adequately insured by an Insurance Firm here in the United States of America...

Please, contact our payment bank responsible for the transfer of your funds to you. To contact them, please make use of the following contact details:

Bank Name: First United and Trust bank
      Email: firstunited-trust @usa.com

NB: SEND ALONG SIDE YOUR EMAIL TO THE BANK YOUR VERIFICATION FORMS TO ENABLE THEM GET BACK TO YOU QUICKLY.

*Name of Beneficiary ----
      *Address: ---
      *City/State: ----
      *Nationality: ---
      *Sex---

• info: 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Click here for instructions on how to report scam on Facebook:

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago

I would like to report that I received a scam on facebook dianejohnson5245 @yahoo.com for the 1,000,000.00 rewards program.

• Anonymous: 5 months, 4 weeks ago

How do you report the scam??? It doesn't have the usual "report/block" tab at the bottom of the page.

• Anonymous: 6 months, 1 week ago

What I don't understand is how did they get our name and where were they gonna send me the money but I never got to the web site anyway and that was good for me anyway thank you

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

Thank you for making this info available because I just got this very alert while on facebook. I was very tempted to click on it but as the old adage states "If it's too good to be true....don't do it!!" (or something similar). I wanted to check it out to see if it was a scam, and low and behold it is, thank you for taking the time to help me and others from making what could be a serious mistake.
    A grateful facebooker.

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

Thank you for this information. I was just sent this scam. I filled out a quick survey promising me a new I Pod w/ wifi but I was never asked for a mailing address to send it to me.

About us   Advertise with us   Contribute to OTA   Report Cyber Threats    Mobile websiteMobile Website   RSS FeedRSS Feed   Contact us   Privacy Policy   Terms and Conditions   This site uses cookies to offer you a complete experience. Learn more.   Copyright © 2012 - 2014 Online Threat Alerts (OTA).