bell Warning: JavaScript is turned off! Some features on this website will not work without it. We recommend turning it on.
Online Threat Alerts: Alerting you to scams, malware, fraud, hoaxes and other cyber threats.

Gmail Team Incoming Spam Phishing Email

Date: July 25, 2013 6:44 PM - Views: 4,957 - Comments: 6
Gmail Team Incoming Spam Phishing Email

The email message below which appears as if it came from Gmail, is actually a phishing scam used by cybercriminals to trick the recipients into sending their usernames, passwords, phone numbers and email addresses. This email message was not sent by Gmail and you should not respond to it with the information it is requesting.

Here is a copy of the phishing Gmail Team email scam:

From: Gmail Team <eseta@insightbb .com>
Date: Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Subject: Reply us

Dear Users,

You are directed to fill in the below information in other to protect your mail from incoming spam, Kindly reply us by filling in the information below.

Active Phone Number:======

Username:===========

Passwórd:===========

Alternative Email:======

NOTE: You have less than 48 hours to respond to this mail or your email will be deleted from our web.

Sincerely,
-The Gmáil Téam.

Responding to this email message will only send your information to some email account at insightbb .com, and not to Gmail.com. With this information the persons behind this phishing email can gain access to your Gmail account.

If you have already responded to this email message, please change your Gmail password immediately. Gmail or other email providers will never ask you to send your username, password, phone number or email address to them.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below.

Comments or Questions (6)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Is this a real email or phishing?

------
    Welcome to Gmail! You can login to your account at http://mail.google.com/.
    Here are a couple of tips to help you get started:

Use Gmail's import tools to move mail and contacts from your other email accounts to your new Gmail address.
    Download the mobile app for Android or iPhone and iPad to stay connected on the go.
    Should you ever encounter problems with your account or forget your password we will contact you at this address.

Enjoy!

The Gmail Team

If you didn't create this Gmail address and don't recognize this email, please visit: https://accounts.google .com/AccountDisavow?adt=AOX8kip Tsq6999S3wtHTLOUiFmo09 to unlink this account
    ------ ~

• info: 3 weeks, 3 days ago

The email message is real or legitimate. If you look at the links in the email message, you will notice that they go to https://accounts.google.com and http://mail.google.com/. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 1 week ago

I received an email stating that I won $500,000.00 and an apple laptop for this month of June 2014 lottery promotion, which is organized by gmail ~

• info: 4 months, 1 week ago

This is a scam. There is no Gmail lottery or promotion. ~

• Anonymous: 9 months, 1 week ago

I got an email from the gmail team (in my inbox, not spam) saying there had been suspicious activity on my account. It didn't ask for my password or anything, just my phone number, and provided the last two digits to identify it. Without thinking I replied back with my phone number, and it sent me a verification code. Then I googled "gmail team" and found this article...WHO CAN I TRUST???? ~

• Anonymous: Jul 28, 2013

Thanks I receive this kind of email.I dont reply it. ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale