Google Online Lotto and Email Address Free Ticket Draws Promotion Scam

Posted: August 01, 2013 7:41 AM - Views: 11,022
Google Online Lotto and Email Address Free Ticket Draws Promotion Scam

The email message below (Google Online Lotto and email address free-ticket draws), claiming that the recipient has won the Google Online Lotto and Email Address Free Ticket Draws promotion, is fraudulent and you should not respond to it with your personal information. Every day, thousands of these email messages are sent out by scammers to trick their potential victims into sending their personal information and money to claim bogus prizes or lottery winnings.

Copy of the Fraudulent Google Online Lottery and Email Address Free Ticket Draws Promotion:

---
Fraudulent Google Online Lottery and Email Address Free Ticket Draws Promotion

Attention: Email Account Holder

Congratulations!! Congratulations!!

Are you the correct owner of this email? If yes, then, be glad this day as the result of the Google Online Lotto and email address free-ticket draws of the 11th, of May, 2013 Promotion Awards has been released and we are glad to announce to you that your email address came out in the first category and entitles you to claim the sum of $800,000.00.

It is a promotional Program to encourage the user of Google and Internet Programs. Your email address was entered for the online draw on this free ticket number: B55607545 6152 with reference number SA/JA2C110P5 and Serial number SA5365/3 , Batch number XA87-2PY, drew the lucky numbers: 04-09-20-22-29-38 - Bonus 06. This subsequently won you the lottery in the 1st category i.e. matches 6 lucky numbers Plus Bonus number.

You have therefore been allocated to claim a total sum of $800,000.00 (Eight Hundred Thousand, United States Dollars) in cash is credited to file SAPC/98144308/05. This is from a total cash prize of 5,25,000.00 Shared amongst the 1691 with (2) winner in "1st" category.

This promotion was drawn based on email address as the key identification for setting up online accounts. All valid email addresses in the World Wide Web Draw used/participants for the online email promotion version were selected randomly via computer balloting from a global webite callaboration with internet companies like eBay, pay pal, liberty reserve, and Google whom also built their systems and based their membership registration identity on email addresses supporting this computer draw system done by extracted email addresses from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies and affiliated members to the National Lottery website and their advertiseers listed online. This Online promotion takes place via virtual balloting and it is done Bi-annually.

Please note that you're lucky winning ticket file and number falls within our South African booklet representive office in Johannesburg (SA) as indicated in your ballot played coupon. In view of this, your $800,000.000 would be released to you by our payment department.

Kindly provide following information urgently:

1. Full Name:
2. Email Address:
3. Age:
4. Occupation:
5. Reference Number/Ticket Number:
6. Phone Number:
7. Country:
8. Date of draw

Contact our Fiduciary agents immediately to commence release of your lottery prize by providing details below.

Contact Person:Mr. James Kupula
Email: jameskupula@collector.org, jameskupula@live.com

Sincerely,
Barbara Moore
Controller General Copyright(c) 1994-2012 The US Lottery International Promotion Inc.
All rights reserved. Terms of Service-Guideline 77635 476378 255667460.

---

Google.com will never ask you to send your personal information in an email message and please remember never send your personal information to anyone in an email message or send money to someone who have contacted you via email.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Send this article to friends or family via email.
For multiple email addresses, separate each with a semi-colon ";"
Email address(es):

Your feedback is important to us! We invite you to share any information that you have on this article by telling us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below, to be shared with everyone.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

Enter your comment or question in the box below and click the "Submit Your Comment or Question" button.

You are currently not signed in, but you may still submit your comment or question as an anonymous user. But in order to receive comment and other important notifications and alerts, please click here to sign in, or click here to sign up if you have not yet registered.

CommentComments or Questions (73)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Posted: 1 week, 3 days ago by an anonymous user from Sri Lanka:

I had receive the two mails from one Mr. David Mark and one Mr. James Kupula about 3 month ago. Already I have send my details to Mr.James Kupula and I gave the phone call to him last Monday.He told me that check my mails and reply. But no reply up to now. Please inform me above that mails are true or bogus. ~

• Posted: 1 week, 3 days ago by info:

It is a scam. It is not true. ~

• Posted: 1 week, 7 days ago by an anonymous user from Philippines:

Thanks to Google for providing information about the scam. ~

• Posted: 2 weeks, 2 days ago by an anonymous user from Novosibirsk, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation:

LOL. I got the e-mail. But name was Thoms Newman. ~

• Posted: 2 weeks, 5 days ago by an anonymous user from Colombo, Western, Sri Lanka:

I am from Sri Lanka. I got this email from a so called Teresa ..someone and the agent was Thomas.. luckily I didn't send the personal details.. As technology is rising and people can't be caught from the fraudulent crime, please try to use the same technology to catch them. Innocent people are getting caught in these tricks.. I just went through the comments.. looks like this is going around the world... Please do something.... ~

• Posted: 1 month ago by an anonymous user from Russian Federation:

What wrong can they do with my personal information? ~

• Posted: 1 month ago by info:

They may use it to trick you into sending money or sell your information to other scammers or rogue online marketers. ~

• Posted: 1 month, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Fairfield, New Jersey, United States:

Yup, I got the email; just careful. ALL SCAMS! ~

• Posted: 1 month, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana:

I have receive such a message, so friends beware of frauds; and I suggest google.com should trace these perpetrators. ~

• Posted: 1 month, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Chicago, Illinois, United States:

Thank you so much. I was trying to reach agent Thomas; it was meant for me not to be able to reach him. ~

• Posted: 1 month, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Bronx, New York, United States:

I actually just sent my info. What should I do? ~

• Posted: 1 month, 2 weekso ago by info:

There is nothing that you can do now, but be careful next time, because they will continue to send you more fake emails. ~

• Posted: 1 month, 4 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Kalispell, Montana, United States:

Thanks for your information on this Lotto. It is really interesting how people can think that they can get away with this type of fraud! ~

• Posted: 2 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Kenya:

Same information but for New York lottery win. Contact person is Juanita Lee.

My winings are supposed to be in Absa bank in S. Africa. Paying fellow is one Brian Lekomanyane. Is this true? No fees asked yet. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 1 week ago by info:

It is not true, it is a scam. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Iran:

I am from Iran. I received the email today. The logo is changed to New York lottory. There is a phone number 27739444293 and two emails thomasnewman@claimdepartment .org
    and thomasnewman@workmail.co .za.

The owner's name is Tomas Newman and he answered my phone call and asked for details. Also at the end of the letter is a signature of Ms. Teresa Marie.

Thanks for the information. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand:

I just received the exactly same e-mail and did not send any info of mine to them. I am from China, live in Thailand. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Beaufort, Sabah, Malaysia:

I got this email to and I gave them my info.. What should I do now? ~

• Posted: 2 months, 2 weekso ago by info:

Just be careful next time, because the scammers will attempt to use the information that you have sent, to trick you into sending more information or money ~

• Posted: 2 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Kenya:

Yes, I see this happened to me likely and I realized that these are criminals, who want to steal from unsuspecting email users,therefore I warn you never to use or respond to the email. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Europe:

Dear all thank you both who try to cheat by devoting their valuable time at this extreme world and these scurried us or me from such internet SISC. I am in Addis Ababa and received the above letter too from Ms. Teresa Marie, to send info to Mr. Thomas Newan: info@claimdepartment .org; Tele: 27 71 772 4815. of course I didn't answer said letter. ~

• Posted: 1 month, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Mandaue, Mandaue, Philippines:

Thanks to mail delivery subsystem who keep blocking or giving back my email to the person whom i supposed to be contact because i was trying to send my information thinking that it's true.

It was the same names but different contact number: 27 73 944 4293. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 4 weekso ago by an anonymous user from United States:

What should you do if you did reply to a google email lottery win ~

• Posted: 2 months, 4 weekso ago by info:

Beware next time because the scammers will attempt to trick you into sending money or more information, using the information that you have sent. ~

• Posted: 3 months ago by an anonymous user from Lasalle, Quebec, Canada:

I also received somethig like this, but with the lottery of New York. Beware! ~

• Posted: 3 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from San José, San Jose, Costa Rica:

I am in Costa Rica and received the above mentioned letter too. Of course I will not answer said letter. ~

• Posted: 3 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Centerburg, Ohio, United States:

Received email today from UK stating I won New York Lottery.

Letter like one above, send info to Thomas Newman-contact person, signed by Mrs, Ann-Marie Wells, Controller General Copyright 1994-2015, The US Lottery International Promotion, Inc.

I too could use $800K as all of us that received this scam probably could.

I didn't provide any info to them.

Thank you for posting this for our awareness! ~

• Posted: 3 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Tanzania:

Mine's all the same except it says the contact person is Mr.Thomas newman 27 71 772 4815 info@claimagentconsultant .com

gave away some of my personal information too...
    I'd bomb these guys.... ~

• Posted: 3 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Europe:

I have already given them my personal info. what should I do now? ~

• Posted: 3 months, 2 weekso ago by info:

You may report it to the police and be careful next time, because they will attempt to use the information that you have sent to scam you. ~

• Posted: 4 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Zimbabwe:

I have also received a very similar letter that I have won the free email address draws and should contact someone in South Africa to claim my money. ~

• Posted: 4 months, 4 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Europe:

I just received this mail for a moment there I wished it was true... so sad I could have just been a millionaire when converted to our currency. ~

• Posted: 5 months ago by an anonymous user from Satellite Provider:

I received such an email today but unfortunately I sent them some of my personal information. ~

• Posted: 5 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Europe:

Yahoo! I won lottery from Bangladesh, but it's totally fake. ~

• Posted: 5 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Modesto, California, United States:

Just received this letter, very similar, from the "New York Lottery", from a Ms Teresa Marie, to send info to Allen Benson. I figured it was a scam, but only found out by googling Benson's name. Thank you for this info. I was tempted to respond--so glad I didn't! ~

• Posted: 5 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Canada:

The same thing just happened to me. Received a email 2 hours ago from a Teresa Marie claiming I had been picked to win a prize. Also glad I googled the names before going in any further. ~

• Posted: 6 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Morocco:

I just received the same letter four days ago from M. Dennis Lee
    Tel: 27 84 546 3874
    E-mail: claimoffice@m-energy .org
    Cordialement,
    Mme Teresa Marie
    Contrôleur Général Copyright (c) 1994-2012 la Loterie US International Promotion Inc. ~

• Posted: 7 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Morocco:

just received a similar letter from the same person Allen benson ~

• Posted: 7 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Fremont, California, United States:

One thing to check is their email domain from the email address. For example, bce1@bny7m .net sent me a similar email. When I check on DNS for bny7m .net, it wasn't a recognize domain. And I found this site too. Be careful, too good to be true. ~

• Posted: 7 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Czech Republic:

I received it, too. I am from the Czech republic. I won 800.000,000 US Dollar via New Your Lottery! ;) Such a pity it is a fake! ~

• Posted: 8 months ago by an anonymous user from Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russian Federation:

Just got the same stuff in Russia. Although, mine is signed by Teresa Marie :) Guys aren't even trying. ~

• Posted: 8 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States:

I'm glad you have this type of information on-line for people like myself to find and research these scams. I almost went for it as I counldn't find any info about this scam anywhere else. So thanks for the info it my have saved me my SSD income.

Arnold C ~

• Posted: 8 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Saudi Arabia:

I also received this type of email from new york online lotto. How can we stay safe from the scammers? ~

• Posted: 7 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Portland, Oregon, United States:

Just pretend you didn't get the email? The only way a scammer succeeds is if you give them your info. ~

• Posted: 9 months ago by an anonymous user from Maputo, Maputo, Mozambique:

I am from Mozambique too and I also received this letter three days ago, but it said Florida lottery. ~

• Posted: 9 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Mozambique:

I also received this email, I am from Mozambique. ~

• Posted: 9 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from Colombo, Western, Sri Lanka:

If you know that they are going to trick people! Why are you allowing them to do it again and again!? ~

• Posted: 9 months, 1 week ago by info:

It is not so easy to catch and arrest these cyber-criminals, because they can easily set up shop anywhere around the world. Technology has made it very easy for them to hide and move their businesses to another location in a matter of hours. ~

• Posted: 9 months, 4 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Calgary, Alberta, Canada:

Sure could have used the 800 Grand right now! ~

• Posted: 10 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic:

Today also received this letter and I am from the Dominican Republic. They did not put Google, but instead put New York Lottery. ~

• Posted: 11 months ago by an anonymous user from Hartly, Delaware, United States:

Here is another fake Google Lottery:
    -------
    Google Gmail Lottery Incoperation Ref: XYL /26510460037/05 Batch: 24/00319/IPD
    This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of ( £1,500,000.00 GBP ) for the Annual 2014 Lottery promotion which is organized by GMAIL/MSN LOTTERY INC ~

• Posted: Jun 18, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Asunción, Asunción, Paraguay:

También recibí. Desde Paraguay...deberían bloquear estas cuentas. ~

• Posted: Jun 18, 2014 ago by info:

I also received. From Paraguay ... should block these accounts. ~

• Posted: Jun 19, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Dar es Salaam, 23, Tanzania:

I also received this and I am from TANZANIA. ~

• Posted: Jun 11, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India:

I am from India and received the same letter. ~

• Posted: Jun 5, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Los Angeles, California, United States:

I received that today, I live in California. it said Florida lottery ~

• Posted: Jun 9, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Roquebrune, Provence-Alpes-Cote dAzur, France:

Same, today , from Florida too..... ~

• Posted: Jun 8, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Spain:

I received the same letter as you two days ago too, and I'm from Spain. ~

• Posted: Jun 10, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Talence, Aquitaine, France:

Me too, and I live in France ~

• Posted: Apr 7, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Seattle, Washington, United States:

I just received a similar letter from the same person (James Kupula, jameskupula@collector.org, jameskupula@live.com) except that mine is for the New York Lottery. Since I never even entered the lottery, I knew it was a fraud.

The address given on the header is NY Lottery, 15 Beaver Street, NYC Ref: EAASL/941OYI/SHYN, Batch: 12/25/0034, Website: www.nylottery.ny.gov

The Letter reads as follows and is near identical to the one above so full of red flags. The same ticket and reference numbers are used. How could the NY Lottery have the same numbers as Google? BUT, there is also an error: note that the office was changed to Watford, UK (from South Africa above) but it still says remit to South Africa. The Controller General (of the US Lottery on both, Not NY)changed from a Barbara Moore to a David Mark. Also, Google is not part of any offical US Lottery system.:

Text of Letter:
    Attention: Email Account Holder
    Congratulations!! Congratulations!!

Are you the correct owner of this email? If yes, then, be glad this day as the result of the New York Online Lotto and email address free-ticket draws of the 1st, of March, 2014 Promotion Awards has been released and we are glad to announce to you that your email address came out in the first category and entitles you to claim the sum of $800,000.00.

It is a promotional Program to encourage the user of Microsoft and Internet Programs. Your email address was entered for the online draw on this free ticket number: B55607545 6152 with reference number SA/JA2C110P5 and Serial number SA5365/3 , Batch number XA87-2PY, drew the lucky numbers: 04-09-20-22-29-38 - Bonus 06. This subsequently won you the lottery in the 1st category i.e. matches 6 lucky numbers Plus Bonus number.

You have therefore been allocated to claim a total sum of $1,000,000.00 (One Million United States Dollars) in cash is credited to file SAPC/908144308/05. This is from a total cash prize of 5,250,000.00 Shared amongst the 1691 with (2) winner in "1st" category.

Please note that you're lucky winning ticket file and number falls within our European booklet representative office in Watford (UK) as indicated in your ballot played coupon. In view of this, your $800,000.000 would be released to you by our payment department in South Africa.

Kindly provide following information urgently:

1. Full Name: 2. Email Address: 3. Age: 4. Occupation: 5. Reference Number/Ticket Number: 6. Phone Number: 7. Country: 8. Date of draw

Contact Person:Mr. James Kupula
    Email: jameskupula@collector.org, jameskupula@live.com

Sincerely,
    David Mark
    All rights reserved. Terms of Service-Guideline 77635 476378 255667460.
    ~

• Posted: 1 week, 3 days ago by an anonymous user from Sri Lanka:

I had received the same letter by mail 3 month ago. Already I have sent my details to Mr.James Kupula. After Mr.J.Kupula reply me, invite to come his country office in Johannesburg, South Affrica.

Last Monday I gave a phone call to Mr. j.kpupula.He told me,check my mail messages and reply.But not reply up to now.Please reply to my mail address is it true or bogus mails. ~

• Posted: 1 week, 3 days ago by info:

It is a scam. ~

• Posted: 7 months, 3 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Nodeland, Vest-Agder, Norway:

I got this message too, hate this fraud.
      ~

• Posted: Jan 20, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh:

I have received same massage. The contact person also give me his telephone number. ~

• Posted: 5 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from London, Ontario, Canada:

Did they leave an attachment to open and then refer to another person after him. ~

• Posted: Jan 13, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Hart, Michigan, United States:

I just received this letter after I didn't fall for the same type of scam with a letter saying it was from the government. This really upsets me. The length people will go thru to scam one another. Its just sad #BeWare Of Scammers ~

• Posted: Jan 10, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Washington, District of Columbia, United States:

I was very unhappy and sad when I read that this was a scam. I thought my dreams had just came true.. because I am in a homeless situation and have nothing to lose. sham on these people. feeding off of us that still have faith for and families and faith in God.. that we shall overcome and keep our heads up and take care of our family. again I was a shame on you.. and God is watching you.. I will continue to wait my blessing.. and try to keep what little I have.. shame shame shame on you ~

• Posted: 6 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Macau:

I also same experienced that.I am from Macau. Now I already gave them my personal details. What I can do, is it not true? ~

• Posted: 6 months, 2 weekso ago by info:

It is not true because it is a scam. They will attempt to use the information that you have sent, to trick you into sending more information and money.
        ~

• Posted: Jan 10, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States:

I just receive this same letter ~

• Posted: May 27, 2014 ago by an anonymous user from Woy Woy, New South Wales, Australia:

I live in Australia and I received the same numbers as shown above. ~

• Posted: 9 months, 2 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile:

I receive the same email, I'm from Chile. ~

• Posted: 2 months, 4 weekso ago by an anonymous user from Pakistan:

I received a ticket of New York lottery on my email adress and I sent all information at email adress. Athamas.newman@gmx.co. .uk.

Athamas sent me a letter of manistery South Africa telegram number: 12409.

I verify the number was not issued by the manistery.

After full investigation, I realized that I shouldn't have sent thing to those people.

Please avoid such scam. ~