Google Online Lotto and Email Address Free Ticket Draws Promotion Scam

Date: August 01, 2013 7:41 AM - Views: 6,839 - Comment Comments: 33
Google Online Lotto and Email Address Free Ticket Draws Promotion Scam

The email message below (Google Online Lotto and email address free-ticket draws), claiming that the recipient has won the Google Online Lotto and Email Address Free Ticket Draws promotion, is fraudulent and you should not respond to it with your personal information. Every day, thousands of these email messages are sent out by scammers to trick their potential victims into sending their personal information and money to claim bogus prizes or lottery winnings.

Copy of the Fraudulent Google Online Lottery and Email Address Free Ticket Draws Promotion:

---
Fraudulent Google Online Lottery and Email Address Free Ticket Draws Promotion

Attention: Email Account Holder

Congratulations!! Congratulations!!

Are you the correct owner of this email? If yes, then, be glad this day as the result of the Google Online Lotto and email address free-ticket draws of the 11th, of May, 2013 Promotion Awards has been released and we are glad to announce to you that your email address came out in the first category and entitles you to claim the sum of $800,000.00.

It is a promotional Program to encourage the user of Google and Internet Programs. Your email address was entered for the online draw on this free ticket number: B55607545 6152 with reference number SA/JA2C110P5 and Serial number SA5365/3 , Batch number XA87-2PY, drew the lucky numbers: 04-09-20-22-29-38 - Bonus 06. This subsequently won you the lottery in the 1st category i.e. matches 6 lucky numbers Plus Bonus number.

You have therefore been allocated to claim a total sum of $800,000.00 (Eight Hundred Thousand, United States Dollars) in cash is credited to file SAPC/98144308/05. This is from a total cash prize of 5,25,000.00 Shared amongst the 1691 with (2) winner in "1st" category.

This promotion was drawn based on email address as the key identification for setting up online accounts. All valid email addresses in the World Wide Web Draw used/participants for the online email promotion version were selected randomly via computer balloting from a global webite callaboration with internet companies like eBay, pay pal, liberty reserve, and Google whom also built their systems and based their membership registration identity on email addresses supporting this computer draw system done by extracted email addresses from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies and affiliated members to the National Lottery website and their advertiseers listed online. This Online promotion takes place via virtual balloting and it is done Bi-annually.

Please note that you're lucky winning ticket file and number falls within our South African booklet representive office in Johannesburg (SA) as indicated in your ballot played coupon. In view of this, your $800,000.000 would be released to you by our payment department.

Kindly provide following information urgently:

1. Full Name:
2. Email Address:
3. Age:
4. Occupation:
5. Reference Number/Ticket Number:
6. Phone Number:
7. Country:
8. Date of draw

Contact our Fiduciary agents immediately to commence release of your lottery prize by providing details below.

Contact Person:Mr. James Kupula
Email: jameskupula@collector.org, jameskupula@live.com

Sincerely,
Barbara Moore
Controller General Copyright(c) 1994-2012 The US Lottery International Promotion Inc.
All rights reserved. Terms of Service-Guideline 77635 476378 255667460.

---

Google.com will never ask you to send your personal information in an email message and please remember never send your personal information to anyone in an email message or send money to someone who have contacted you via email.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes

Your feedback is important to us! We invite you to share any information that you have on this article by telling us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below, to be shared with everyone.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

CommentComments or Questions (33)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 6 days, 18 hours ago from: Morocco

I just received the same letter four days ago from M. Dennis Lee
    Tel: 27 84 546 3874
    E-mail: claimoffice@m-energy .org
    Cordialement,
    Mme Teresa Marie
    Contrôleur Général Copyright (c) 1994-2012 la Loterie US International Promotion Inc. ~

• Anonymous: 2 weeks, 3 days ago from: Morocco

just received a similar letter from the same person Allen benson ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago from: Fremont, California, United States

One thing to check is their email domain from the email address. For example, bce1@bny7m .net sent me a similar email. When I check on DNS for bny7m .net, it wasn't a recognize domain. And I found this site too. Be careful, too good to be true. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago from: Czech Republic

I received it, too. I am from the Czech republic. I won 800.000,000 US Dollar via New Your Lottery! ;) Such a pity it is a fake! ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago from: Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russian Federation

Just got the same stuff in Russia. Although, mine is signed by Teresa Marie :) Guys aren't even trying. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 3 weeks ago from: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

I'm glad you have this type of information on-line for people like myself to find and research these scams. I almost went for it as I counldn't find any info about this scam anywhere else. So thanks for the info it my have saved me my SSD income.

Arnold C ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 0 week ago from: Saudi Arabia

I also received this type of email from new york online lotto. How can we stay safe from the scammers? ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago from: Portland, Oregon, United States

Just pretend you didn't get the email? The only way a scammer succeeds is if you give them your info. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago from: Maputo, Maputo, Mozambique

I am from Mozambique too and I also received this letter three days ago, but it said Florida lottery. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago from: Mozambique

I also received this email, I am from Mozambique. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 3 weeks ago from: Colombo, Western, Sri Lanka

If you know that they are going to trick people! Why are you allowing them to do it again and again!? ~

• info: 2 months, 3 weeks ago

It is not so easy to catch and arrest these cyber-criminals, because they can easily set up shop anywhere around the world. Technology has made it very easy for them to hide and move their businesses to another location in a matter of hours. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago from: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sure could have used the 800 Grand right now! ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 1 week ago from: Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic

Today also received this letter and I am from the Dominican Republic. They did not put Google, but instead put New York Lottery. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago from: Hartly, Delaware, United States

Here is another fake Google Lottery:
    -------
    Google Gmail Lottery Incoperation Ref: XYL /26510460037/05 Batch: 24/00319/IPD
    This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of ( £1,500,000.00 GBP ) for the Annual 2014 Lottery promotion which is organized by GMAIL/MSN LOTTERY INC ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 3 weeks ago from: Asunción, Asunción, Paraguay

También recibí. Desde Paraguay...deberían bloquear estas cuentas. ~

• info: 5 months, 3 weeks ago

I also received. From Paraguay ... should block these accounts. ~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 3 weeks ago from: Dar es Salaam, 23, Tanzania

I also received this and I am from TANZANIA. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 0 week ago from: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

I am from India and received the same letter. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 1 week ago from: Los Angeles, California, United States

I received that today, I live in California. it said Florida lottery ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 0 week ago from: Roquebrune, Provence-Alpes-Cote dAzur, France

Same, today , from Florida too..... ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 0 week ago from: Spain

I received the same letter as you two days ago too, and I'm from Spain. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 0 week ago from: Talence, Aquitaine, France

Me too, and I live in France ~

• Anonymous: 8 months, 1 week ago from: Seattle, Washington, United States

I just received a similar letter from the same person (James Kupula, jameskupula@collector.org, jameskupula@live.com) except that mine is for the New York Lottery. Since I never even entered the lottery, I knew it was a fraud.

The address given on the header is NY Lottery, 15 Beaver Street, NYC Ref: EAASL/941OYI/SHYN, Batch: 12/25/0034, Website: www.nylottery.ny.gov

The Letter reads as follows and is near identical to the one above so full of red flags. The same ticket and reference numbers are used. How could the NY Lottery have the same numbers as Google? BUT, there is also an error: note that the office was changed to Watford, UK (from South Africa above) but it still says remit to South Africa. The Controller General (of the US Lottery on both, Not NY)changed from a Barbara Moore to a David Mark. Also, Google is not part of any offical US Lottery system.:

Text of Letter:
    Attention: Email Account Holder
    Congratulations!! Congratulations!!

Are you the correct owner of this email? If yes, then, be glad this day as the result of the New York Online Lotto and email address free-ticket draws of the 1st, of March, 2014 Promotion Awards has been released and we are glad to announce to you that your email address came out in the first category and entitles you to claim the sum of $800,000.00.

It is a promotional Program to encourage the user of Microsoft and Internet Programs. Your email address was entered for the online draw on this free ticket number: B55607545 6152 with reference number SA/JA2C110P5 and Serial number SA5365/3 , Batch number XA87-2PY, drew the lucky numbers: 04-09-20-22-29-38 - Bonus 06. This subsequently won you the lottery in the 1st category i.e. matches 6 lucky numbers Plus Bonus number.

You have therefore been allocated to claim a total sum of $1,000,000.00 (One Million United States Dollars) in cash is credited to file SAPC/908144308/05. This is from a total cash prize of 5,250,000.00 Shared amongst the 1691 with (2) winner in "1st" category.

Please note that you're lucky winning ticket file and number falls within our European booklet representative office in Watford (UK) as indicated in your ballot played coupon. In view of this, your $800,000.000 would be released to you by our payment department in South Africa.

Kindly provide following information urgently:

1. Full Name: 2. Email Address: 3. Age: 4. Occupation: 5. Reference Number/Ticket Number: 6. Phone Number: 7. Country: 8. Date of draw

Contact Person:Mr. James Kupula
    Email: jameskupula@collector.org, jameskupula@live.com

Sincerely,
    David Mark
    All rights reserved. Terms of Service-Guideline 77635 476378 255667460.
    ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 1 week ago from: Nodeland, Vest-Agder, Norway

I got this message too, hate this fraud.
      ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 0 week ago from: Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh

I have received same massage. The contact person also give me his telephone number. ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 1 week ago from: Hart, Michigan, United States

I just received this letter after I didn't fall for the same type of scam with a letter saying it was from the government. This really upsets me. The length people will go thru to scam one another. Its just sad #BeWare Of Scammers ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 2 weeks ago from: Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I was very unhappy and sad when I read that this was a scam. I thought my dreams had just came true.. because I am in a homeless situation and have nothing to lose. sham on these people. feeding off of us that still have faith for and families and faith in God.. that we shall overcome and keep our heads up and take care of our family. again I was a shame on you.. and God is watching you.. I will continue to wait my blessing.. and try to keep what little I have.. shame shame shame on you ~

• Anonymous: 12 hours, 47 minutes ago from: Macau

I also same experienced that.I am from Macau. Now I already gave them my personal details. What I can do, is it not true? ~

• info: 11 hours, 12 minutes ago

It is not true because it is a scam. They will attempt to use the information that you have sent, to trick you into sending more information and money.
        ~

• Anonymous: 11 months, 2 weeks ago from: Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States

I just receive this same letter ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 2 weeks ago from: Woy Woy, New South Wales, Australia

I live in Australia and I received the same numbers as shown above. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 0 week ago from: Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile

I receive the same email, I'm from Chile. ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: twitter.com/onlinethreatale
Follow us on Google+ at: google.com/+Onlinethreatalerts