bell Warning: JavaScript is turned off! Some features on this website will not work without it. We recommend turning it on.
Online Threat Alerts: Alerting you to scams, malware, fraud, hoaxes and other cyber threats.

Your Android Has Been Infected With A Virus. Tap OK To Remove Now - Spam Message

Date: March 13, 2014 12:26 AM - Views: 49,149 - Comments: 45

The advertisement: "Your Android has been infected with a virus. Tap OK to remove now.", is a fake. If you are browsing the internet on your Android device and the message pops up, please do not follow the instructions. This is because, the message will always popup claiming that your Android device is infected with a virus even when it is not. This advertisement is considered spam and there is no virus or other malware threats.

The Fake and Spam Android Advertisement

Android getting slower? Click to clean your android!
Android getting slower? Click to clean your android!

Your Android has been infected with a virus. Tap OK to remove now.
***** IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED *****
Your Samsung Android has been exposed to a virus while browsing recent adult-oriented websites.
Tap Ok to Scan Your Phone for Viruses.

mobilesystemsecurity .com

******!!! WARNING !!! ******
Your Android may have multiple Viruses!
Some sites you've recently visited may have infected your android device
Pleas install anivirus to protet your Phone.

This fake advertisement will take you to the following website, which is blacklisted by SpamHaus:
http://virus.warning.s-com .net

Your Samsung Android is INFECTED WARNING!
Your Samsung Android is INFECTED
WARNING! Your personal photos, Facebook and other personal passwords, as well as credit card information are at risk!

Your Samsung Android has been exposed to a fatal Trojan virus while browsing recent adult-oriented websites.
Remove Virus Now

SpamHaus is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to track the Internet's spam operations and sources.

Your web browser cannot detect a Trojan horse or other malware on your mobile device or computer, so if any message pops up in your web browser claiming that a virus, Trojan horse or any other malware was discovered on your mobile device or computer, please ignore it.

To check for viruses or malware on your mobile device or computer, always ensure that you have antivirus software installed. If you do not have antivirus software on your Android device, you can install a free or commercial one from the Google Play store. Click here to view a list of antivirus software in the Google Play store.

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below.

Alert others by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up 1 likes Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Tell us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below.
We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All response will be posted in the comment section below.

Comments or Questions (45)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent.

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hi.

I got the same pop up message as shown above: "WARNING. Your personal photos, Facebook..."

It also said I need update my flash. I did nothing and my flash is now blocked in Firefox and Google browser in my phone.

If it's not virus, what should I do to repair my browsers? I already tried scan all apps and storage with avast antivirus.

Thanks. ~

• info: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Re-install Flash, Firefox and Google. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Well, it probably didn't affected flash as I thought before. YouTube runs without problem, but in various pages are some elements blocked and it says that I need some backup module.

I re-installed Firefox and Flash. Didn't helped. ~

• info: 1 month, 2 weeks ago

You may have to backup the data on your phone and do a hard or factory reset. ~

• Anonymous: 1 month, 4 weeks ago

Virus in my phone. Help me as soon. ~

• info: 1 month, 4 weeks ago

If there is a phone on your phone, please install antivirus software on it. Click here to download a free antivirus software for your phone. ~

• Anonymous: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I was on a website ,my phone is an android by the way, and a popup appeared saying I have a virus or something like that and that I should download an app from the playstore. The only option it had was "okay" I clicked it and my phone gave off a loud beep but i wasnt redirected to another site or popup.Does my phone have a virus because of the weird beep? ~

• info: 2 months, 2 weeks ago

The beep wouldn't give your phone a virus, but to be on the safe side, use antivirus software to scan your phone.

There are free antivirus in the Playstore (Avast, AVG). ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

If it was for an android to have this virus/ malware, would McAfee ( free edition ) detect it ? or any free antivirus ? ~

• info: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

• Anonymous: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Hello. When I was on the web last night I got a popup message that said to start a virus scan because my android is infected with a virus and not knowing I clicked OK. It started ' the supposedly scan' but when it was close to 100% I clicked Exit to get out from the browser so I didn't go any further. Is it possible that my android got a virus ?
    Thank you in advance. ~

• info: 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Your Android was not infected. The scanning process is a trick, there was no actual scanning.

You would have to download and install some for your Amdroid to get infected. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 3 weeks ago

My samsung tablet has lately been getting tons of ads:

"Immediate respond required! - click ok to clean your tablet,
    your tablet has been infected with a fatal trogan horse, your credit card information and identity are at risk at theft." keeps popping up.

I tapped ok once but nothing happened. Im worried that I may have a different virus causing the ads to pop up. What do I do? ~

• info: 3 months, 3 weeks ago

The ads are not caused by a virus. The ads are shown to you based on the website that you visit.

The websites displaying the ads have nothing to do with the ads.

It is cybercriminals who create these ads. ~

• Anonymous: 3 months, 3 weeks ago

I get this message for the first time so I have pressed ok then directed to google play , but i do not install any thing.

I just re-covered my phone so every thing have deleted! And my phone is now new as l bought it!

How can i restore my data and my account on whats app? ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 1 week ago

Hi when was playing Jetpack joyride on my android phone my game some how lagged and then a message appeared saying that your android device has a virus and that advertisement never came back. ~

• info: 4 months, 1 week ago

Most games will display advertisement to the players in order to generate revenue. There are thousands of advertisements, so that ad may take days to rotate.

Note: the game developer and the advertising company have nothing to do with that deceptive advertisement. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

One of these spams popped up...on my iPhone 5. I was reading an article on Facebook when all of a sudden a thing popped up that read around the lines of "your android has a virus and you will be loosing all of your data if ignored". (Notice how I spelt loosing wrong because that's how they spelt it in the spam). Anyway, I just quickly clicked cancel (cause I knew it was a spam, after all I don't own an android). It makes me wonder though because I've never had any sort of spam like that come up on my phone before. Maybe I'll get some sort of anti-spam software. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I just had that fake warning, that my Samsung Android would be infected and since normally Android asks me for "stop it" or "ok". I clicked on ok - and then noticed that it was Not correct German - so I clicked on going back and then stoppen everything and went out of all of it.
    Is my Samsung now infected?

Can you tell??

Thanks, Sr.helpless ~

• info: 4 months, 2 weeks ago

It is a fake warning, there is no virus or other malware. ~

• Anonymous: 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I saw this on my iphone and it said android and i immediately closed my safari cleared cookies and data from my settings so am i safe? ~

• info: 4 months, 3 weeks ago

There is no virus. It is just a scam.

~

• Anonymous: 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi guys

I'm playing my jetpack joyride while im playing my game getting lag and something appear it says
    Your andriod have 13 virus it may currupt your files or data

Please help my guys what should i do im just a child im 13 years old ~

• info: 5 months, 2 weeks ago

There are no viruses. It is a trick. But, if you want an anti-virus for your Android phone, go to https://play.google.com/store ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 2 weeks ago

What if you accidentally click on one of these? In my case I accidentally pressed okay and it directed me to google play but I immediately closed everything without proceeding further. ~

• info: 6 months, 2 weeks ago

You are ok. As long as you didnt install anything. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I clicked "ok" and installed the antivirus my android wanted. Now my facebook is not working and internet is slow. I ran three different virus scans but they all said there are no threaths. I returned the factory settings - didnt help. How do i remove the virus? ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I am facing same problem from last 2 days. I am unable to download from any site through my Samsung device.Is there any way to get out of this. Please help ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 4 weeks ago

Thanks for keeping us updated on the subject.The warning with the supposed threat also appears on iPhones. I have an iPhone 5s and when i opened an app today i saw on the down side of the screen this message even though my phone is not android. Of course, i ignored it and i deleted the app. I am delighted that this is a fake alert and that the mobile's security hasn't been commpromised. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 4 weeks ago

I press "remove virus now" button and then my phone gave out a beep. I was then redirected to google play store. I did not install anything switched off my phone.
    Please let me know if my mobile could be infected? ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 0 week ago

I pressed ok when it first appeared! The spam did not close, so I got off the app and uninstalled it, and ran an anti virus scan. I did not find anything. So my question is am I at any risk? Did it steal any of my info? ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 4 weeks ago

Don't worry. You didn't suscribe, you ran a genuine anti-virus scan finding zero threats. These criminals try to scare people to buy their fake anti-virus. It happened to me twice since December on my iphone device and the phone works normally with no changes on my bill. However it is really annoying to see that on your mobile. Does anybody know if there is a way to remove the fake alert from the app put by the crooks? ~

• info: 7 months, 0 week ago

There is no threat. The message is a fake and is used to trick persons into clicking on it. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

Just encountered a spam message like this a while ago. Thank goodness i didn't click it. Anyways, I'm just curious how did they know my phone unit though? ~

• info: 7 months, 1 week ago

You may have unknowingly submit your phone information on a phishing website. ~

• info: 7 months, 1 week ago

I don't think they know. What these spammers do is to send these messages to thousands of phone numbers, regardless of the type of phone they have, and hope persons with Android phones who receive the message will panic and click the link, thinking their phones are infected. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 4 weeks ago

I fully agree with you. I know many mates who saw this message on their mobile and none had given anywhere their number. They hope to cheat people who ignore the scam and to gain money. The point is not to fall into their trap and download their fake antivirus. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

How do we stop the pop up from happening? ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 3 weeks ago

You can't do anything. However it is possible after some time this pop up to go away from your screen without any move from you. In my case it took a week or so in order the app to be cleared. ~

• info: 6 months, 3 weeks ago

It is an advertisement and will only go away when the advertiser takes it down. ~

• info: 7 months, 1 week ago

You cannot. The message is delivered by an advertisement. So, if you visit a website that has this advertisement, you will get the message. Unless the advertising company who is hosting this advertisement removes it, you will continue to see it based on the website that you visit. ~

• Anonymous: 6 months, 4 weeks ago

How Can i Remove The Advertisement Sir? ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

Restarting my phone solved the issue for me, as this message couldn't be cleared and browser was unusable in the meantime. ~

• Anonymous: 7 months, 1 week ago

What do we do? If we pressed ok and remove, WHAT DO WE DO!! Please help! Is there anyway to get our pictures back?? Please, please, please help. ~

• info: 7 months, 1 week ago

The message is a fake. You will not loose your pictures. ~

Send this article to someone via email:
Email address:
Like our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/OnlineThreatAlerts
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/onlinethreatale