This malware was given the name 'Flame', because it has the word 'Flame' in one of its code modules, and also, given the name 'SKYWIper', from one of the names of the temporary files it uses.
This malware has infected hundreds of computers in the Middle East over the past 2 years. Iran is one of the countries that is mostly affected by this malware.
'Flame' is able to detect the anti-virus software that is running on the computer it has infected, and can modify itself to prevent detection from that anti-virus software. This is why this malware was able to stay undetected for over two years.
It is theorized that this malware was developed by a government agency of a nation state with significant budget and effort. This malicious software is thought to be the most complex malware ever encountered.
Some of the features of Flame/SKYWiper malware:
- Propagate throught removable medias and local networks
- Collects list of vulnerable passwords
- Scanning the disk of infected system looking for specific extensions and contents
- Take screen captures of active window
- Transfer collected information to servers
- Able to avoid detection my a lot of anti-malware softwares
- Is able to infect the these operating systems: Windows Xp, Vista and 7
BitDefender is able to detect and remove the 'Flame' / sKyWIper Malware. Click the following link to download and install: