What is Google?
Now, you may be asking why I am asking you to Google yourself monthly. This is because I want you to know how much of your information is online or on the internet. Remember, once your information is available online, there is little or no way for you to control who sees or uses it.
When I say Google yourself, I am referring to searching for your information using the Google search engine.
How to Google yourself
1. Go to http://www.google.com
2. Enter your first and last name between quotation marks.
Example: “John Brown”
To narrow your search, try entering your full name (first, middle and last names):
Example: “John David Brown”
3. Click the Google “Search” or press your “Enter” key.
4. Go through a few pages of the search results to see if you can find any information about yourself.
5. Also, use the Google image search to try and find photos of yourself.
Follow the steps above and click the “Images” link.
Google now has a tool to help online users manage their online reputation by controlling what people see searching on their Search Engine. Click here to learn more.