Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
« »

Beware of "I Saw Your Name in the Humanity and Poverty Eradication Program List" Scams

2017-02-07T20:30:38  +

The email messages or posts below: "I Saw Your Name in the Humanity and Poverty Eradication Program List", is fraudulent and online users should not respond to it with their personal information. Every month, thousands of these email messages or social networking posts are sent by scammers, in an attempt to trick online users into sending them their personal information and money, thinking they will receive a so-called grant worth thousands of dollars. But, it is all a scam created by scammers to trick their potential victims into sending them money that they will claim is for fees, taxes or some form of charges. Once the scammers receive the money from their victims, they will disappear and leave their victims broke, frustrated and betrayed.

Advertisements

Once again, online users should never send personal information to anyone in an email message, or send money to someone who contacted them via email message or on social networking websites.

The "I Saw Your Name in the Humanity and Poverty Eradication Program List" Scams

I saw your name in the humanity and poverty eradication program list,in order to eradicate poverty in the country.they give out $40,000 to anyi beneficiary.

At first i don't believe it,until i got $40,000 cash from them.i wonder if you have get your money yet because i saw your name on their program list when they brought my cash to my home, you are one of the lucky ones they have chosen as your name appears on the list.

email them on federalgovernment005 @gmail.com that you are ready to get your cash so that they can bring your money to you at your home is real not a scam many of my friends email them too and they got their money.

"I'm doing great and feeling excited! wondering whether you have heard about the good news?The Grant is from the office of the Federal Reserve in conjunction with IMF and UNICEF to serve as an economic aid to all member of the citizen, I got $90,000 delivered to me from them after i applied and paid them the charges of my winning. you can also apply too. I can send you the private text # of the online claiming Agent that help me with mine. She is a good and honest woman, If you dont mind 9163435027 Text her now that you will like to apply for the grant offer if you qualify"

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Advertisements
Comments, Questions and Reviews ✍

• Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 10:30 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Anchorage, Alaska, United States

I just received this. Hope you can shut them down so they don't scam any more people. Especially the elderly and ones that really don't have the money. Why anyone would do this without checking it our is beyond me.
    Thanks

----- Original Message -----
    From: wumtunpap@my.com
    Sent:Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:36:52 0700
    Subject:UNPAP Transaction.

YOU HAVE 1,500,000.00 USD FROM UN POVERTY ERADICATION PROGRAM, YOU WILL BE PAID 7,600.00 USD DAILY. REPLY TO HELEN KUAN WITH NAMES, ADDRESS AND TEL NUMBER FOR VERIFICATIONS AND CLAIMS. REPLY TO EMAIL: MYWUMTCENTER@MY.COM OR CALL TEL: 601-126-433-169

• Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 8:04 PM by an anonymous user from or near: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Just wondering if it's true or not that the federal government awards MONEY or a car .

I have been sending money since June 14 and the agent keeps asking me for more FEES. I have yet to see the money she tells me it's mine. Please help, desprate!

• Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 9:30 PM by info

Stop sending your money, it is a scam!

• Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 11:52 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I received something like this today supposedly from a friend. Unfortunately trusted her enough to give it basic information to the woman she suggested. I asked what wad the name of this grant. The answer got wad that it's a government grant. So I decided to look it up and I got your report about this scam. I've since blocked all communications

• Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 9:12 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Houston, Missouri, United States

A friend told me about this, she said she had done it and got 215,000. She said to text the message to a number she gave me that said want cash or some such.

I got a text back wanting all of my personal information to see if I qualified under the Poverty Eradication Program, they wanted 2,000 for a temporary Tax document another charges, cash, mailed to them and they would send you the moneyplus a refund of the 2,000.

She said she did everything and did get the 215,000 plus the refund. And said her other friends had gotten their money also,not supposed to tell anyone,

Question, if this is a scam,why do they actually send that much money?

• Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 10:47 PM by info

It seems your friend account was hacked and is being used by scammers to contact you and trick you into sending them money.

Contact your friend via telephone or email, and he/she will tell you the messages are fakes because he/she didn't send them.

Remember, a lot of online users' accounts are being hacked and use to trick their friends and family members into taking part in some scam.

Also, once you are asked to send money to receive money, prize, or grant, it is a scammer attempting to scam you.

• Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 8:34 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

they have contacted me.. what do I do or say..

• Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 9:50 AM by info

Just ignore them.

• Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 6:40 AM by an anonymous user from or near: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Received this same message two days ago. I immediately knew it was a scam. Didn't send any personal information, just acted like I was interested to see what else they would say.

Seems to be important that you "sign in " using your Facebook account. They are very persistent, so be very aware of these low down scam artists. Somehow they get an old friends name, one that you are not friends with on Facebook.

• Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 5:22 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Overland Park, Kansas, United States

I received a very similar message from someone I know but don't talk to very often. Does that person know the message was sent?

• Posted: Oct 22, 2017 at 5:56 PM by info

No. And, it is possible the message was not sent from your friend's account. The scammers may have cloned your friend's account or spoof it, and sent the message from the clone.

• Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 3:03 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Warrensburg, Missouri, United States

Should I answer them by saying I know this is a scam and I have reported it? Also, should I contact the person that the message appears to have been sent by and tell them?

• Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 3:07 PM by info

Never reply to scam messages because you are only telling the scammers that your email address is active. Therefore, they will continue to send you more scam and spam.

• Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 2:55 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Warrensburg, Missouri, United States

Should I let them know somehow?

• Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 10:00 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Farmington, New Mexico, United States

Same thing happen to me, the guys are going by the name Hector Blake and using the number; (917)636-7170.

• Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 1:26 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Renton, Washington, United States

Someone created a profile copied from one of my friends on Facebook and sent me a message asking me if I had heard about this. I said no and as soon as I asked why they created a second profile, the profile vanished and the conversation ended.

• Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 10:37 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Houston, Texas, United States

I just received a Chat (FB) message from a friend telling me he saw my name on the FedEx list when he signed for his money ($100k). Asked him how much he had to pay "the agent", he said it depends on how much you want. He supposedly paid $1,050 to get $100,000. While he was responding to my questions, I was reading this scam article. Told him I was going to report him to the authorities, haven't heard from him since. :-)

• Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 8:30 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Lancaster, New York, United States

I have also been contacted by first a "friend" I used to work with. Eileen Flanigan Woods told me that she had recieved $200,000 from a person named Rutt Matt of JG & FG humanity and poverty eradication and I should contact her to collect mine. I have the conversations recorded on my phone but I don't know how to copy them to here. Phone #s used to contact me are 570-664-7773 and 570-416-2963.

• Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Leander, Texas, United States

A friend of mine that I work with called me and told me to contact a certain person that work for Powerball associated with Facebook and poverty eradication program that he was delivered his winnings and when they were delivered he saw my name and he called and asked me if I receive my money and I said no he explained to me that they contacted him they gave him a time and date they would deliver his money when that time and Jake came he did get his hundred thousand dollars I have no reason to think my friend or co-worker is lying can you help me out on this please

• Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 9:23 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Snohomish, Washington, United States

I am curious as 2 why u have 2 pay a fee if this is a foundation? - also is it 4 school,buisiness,or what? Dawna.

• Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 8:14 PM by info

Here is another scam sent by fraudsters:

"Hello, I am agent Catherine Rutt from the Desk of JG & FG humanity and poverty eradication for all People injunction with world Bank
    , Federal Reserve/IMF/UNICEF for economical aid to US citizens. Who refer you here?
    Betty McPherson is one of our grant lucky winner and she have receiver her grant. Send us your full name and your Date of Birth to check if your details is on our Database
    I want to report this."

• Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 2:51 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I just got this same message from the same company.

• Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 8:13 PM by info

Here is another scam:

• Posted: Jan 25, 2017 at 11:30 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

They told me I'm on the list to receive 300,000 if I send them 1,5000.00 from Walmart to Walmart. They told me I need 4,000.00 for insurance fee to get money. This came from fed ex manager.

• Posted: Jan 25, 2017 at 12:01 PM by info

Remember, once you asked to send money, whether it is insurance, taxes or other fees, to receive prizes, it is a scam.

• Posted: Dec 22, 2016 at 10:40 AM by matsha from or near: Gaborone, South-East, Botswana

Hi, first of all I would like to thank you for alerting us on these scam. You find your phone with a lot of emails which are useless and you can tell that they lies.

Some they printed as ladies looking for someone to marry later, and they will tell you to pay money to help them.

• Posted: Dec 22, 2016 at 8:37 AM by info

Received via email:

"Can u please get back to me. My name is heather. ,, is there a Royce Van richer working with u guys. He told me I had to pay fees for along time. Now I have nothing for Christmas and my bills are behind. Paid the last ones on time and still there late. I paid 11500 in fees enough all ready. I'm so hurting please get back to me. He's on my fb too. Ty.

• Posted: Dec 22, 2016 at 8:50 AM by info

I am sorry to tell you, but you were scammed by lottery scammers. Please contact the police for help.

• Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 9:50 PM by info

Received via email:

"I have received a friend request from an old high school friend. He wrote that he had been sent $100,000. from winning a prize - and suggested that I do the same. He wrote that he had sent $1200.00 and received the $100,000. delivered to him by Federal Express. This prize came from the Humanity and Poverty Eradication Program - which helps deaf and retired people who correspond on Facebook. He asked me "Did you get yours from them"? and "Do you know how to contact them?""

• Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 7:18 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Zionsville, Indiana, United States

I contacted a friend from high school that I hadn't spoken to in many years (through FB) and she told me about receiving money and said she saw my name on the list, etc. First of all, their grammar and spelling errors were enough to scare me!

• Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 1:12 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Reynella, South Australia, Australia

These people are now hacking other people's Facebook and sending private messages to contacts and trying to scam them.

• Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 6:27 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada

A friend of mine mention to me about Government Poverty Eradication Grant. I told her that it was a scam. She came back to me and said it was real and that they came to her door. I'm not buying it.

• Posted: Jul 24, 2016 at 7:52 PM by info

It is a scam. Call your friend in person. Never trust messages sent via social media, because social media accounts can be hacked or cloned.

• Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 4:55 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I was just presented with this same scan 2,days ago, they couldn't provide any of my friends info.

I asked for her cell number because I new she was out of town they said she was in Miami, when she had just posted she and her sister in Orlando in front of the Pulse Club, they kept urging me to continue with the process.

I kept asking various questions because it sounded to good to be true. The straw that broke their back was when I asked the person to send me a picthre of herself roght now. After about 15 mins they sent me a picture nut it was her face on friends of hers body because I went on her site and saw the same poise and outfit on a friend of hers and my friend is thinner than that after I told them what they did and not a good job at it I haven't heard anymore from them pls be careful, they try real hard to pull you in.

• Posted: Mar 7, 2016 at 8:37 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Houston, Texas, United States

Here is another scam:
    "unitednation2700@ gmail.com

Hello, My name is Consultant Bobby J Steven, I work for Federal Government grant and Poverty Eradication program. We remember your account name/username on our program list here and your money is available for you to claim, Let us know if you ready to claim the money and You listen and read carefully.

This is an empowerment program set up by the United Nation to help the American ,Australia,Europe communities and other countries around the world affiliated to Facebook Active user Compensation bonus.

Your name was picked randomly as one of the winners of the week. The money giving by the federal government it's not a loan; it's free money giving by the Federal government to help the Chosen Users name...

FILL THE CLAMMING REQUIREMENT, THIS WILL LET US HAVE THE CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR PROFILE WAS ALSO AMONG THE INTEGRATED SYSTEM DRAWN IN ONE MILLION E-MAIL ADDRESS ON FACEBOOK.COM

1 Full Name: …………………
    2 Telephone Number:……
    3 Contact Address:………
    4 Date of birth :…………"

• Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 4:20 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Mariposa, California, United States

I received a friend request on Facebook from a long time family friend. I automatically accepted and that's when her picture came up so I thought it was her.

They started out by saying hello and telling me that they thank God for their life and today. Next came the good news and the $200,000.00 there was for me. I immediately started asking questions about my friend's personal life and that's when I was then blocked! Watch out!

• Posted: Jun 15, 2015 at 1:45 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Texas, United States

I got one as well tonight from a Facebook messenger of a friend of mine. Saying they were her. But they knew a lot about her, not about me and her. Like where we met, where we were in school a lot. Just really simple questions that she knows. So I reported the Facebook user to Facebook itself. It was for $150,000. Ugh makes me so mad.

• Posted: Apr 29, 2015 at 10:37 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Dayton, Ohio, United States

I received a text from a friend indicating that she received $120,000 and she saw my name on the list and told me to contact Stephen Mark to claim my money. I emailed but did not provide any personal info. Dayton OH.

• Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 6:04 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Hamilton, Ohio, United States

The same thing happened to me yesterday. Very frusrating.

• Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 2:22 AM by DarkAngelDani from or near: London, England, United Kingdom

The minute you respond you are put on a 'Suckers List'. That is not a loose term for it, it is literally what it is called. Because you responded to it you will not get a load more emails, texts & possibly calls from them & others in the same game. Be very careful that you do not respond to these people any more & within 6 months to a year you *should* be taken off it.

Never respond to anything when it mentions money like this. Unless you've actually entered a competition, say you've paid for a lottery ticket, or entered a competition in a magazine you've bought then you have had no reason to be given any money. The governments of all countries do not give out money like this. Even if they did they would not text or email you to say so, & they certainly wouldn't have a Gmail address!

• Posted: Apr 29, 2015 at 10:46 AM by info

The text is a scam. Please do not follow the instructions in it.

• Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 9:13 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Marshall, Minnesota, United States

Someone tried to tell me I was getting $150,000.00! They want your address and cell number. My cell is for emergency, only! If it sounds too good, it IS!

• Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 12:41 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Gainesville, Florida, United States

Got a message like this from Amy Mihlfield Amdor on facebook and lexgrants@gmail.com; also a text from 202-794-5863.

• Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 11:33 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

I've never heard of this program. I watch FOX News all the time and there has never been a word about it. I say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

• Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 5:26 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Airdrie, Scotland, United Kingdom

I have just been added as a friend by an existing friend, and was told by personal message that she had just received $200,000 from the Federal Government Humanity and Poverty Eradication.

This was apparently delivered this morning by UPS! She saw my name on the list and did I want the text number to claim mine!

I don't even live in America! Needless to say I have not replied.

• Posted: Jan 16, 2016 at 12:05 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I just got that too - from fedex - um pretty sure they don't show a list of people when they deliver who is next to get $. What is wrong with some people.

• Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 7:06 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Chesterton, Indiana, United States

This is a follow up to my other message. I told them I could not go to that facebook page right now so then they sent me this........(781) 327-2532; this is the claiming agent phone number and sent him a text

• Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 6:31 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Chesterton, Indiana, United States

"https://www.facebook.com/ mathew.randy.3" that is the claiming agent link and just sent a friend request and tell him you want to know if your name is still on the winner's list his always online there to attend to the claiming winner ok?

• Posted: Feb 6, 2015 at 5:42 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Mcpherson, Kansas, United States

I just received this message from a "friend" on Facebook, but was for $100,000, not $40,000. I asked if it was really him because it seemed like a scam and he kept assuring me that it is not a scam, but refused to answer any questions.

I said if it was really my friend to tell me when and where we met...haven't heard back them since.

• Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Waynesville, Missouri, United States

This message came to me via a Facebook personal message supposedly from a trusted friend:

"I saw your name in the Poverty Alleviation program list, it is a new program just established by the Federal Government and the World Bank in order to reduce poverty in the country."

• Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM by info

Your friend's account may have been compromised or cloned by cyber-criminals.

• Posted: Jan 25, 2016 at 2:32 AM by DarkAngelDani from or near: London, England, United Kingdom

Or they've clicked on one of those video/listicle links. The 'Dancing pope' or 'Rollercoaster crash' ones. Most people seem to think that's just about spamming Facebook to be annoying, I don't think people cotton on that if they are able to post a link with a comment because you've clicked it, they can obviously do more! The posting of links & writing comments is more to test that they do have access than anything else.

• Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 3:13 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

I also received a FB message from a friend who just minutes before had requested that I confirm her as a friend. Then supposedly she sent me a message asking what I did with the $150,000 that I had been given by the Federal government.

We went back and forth. I said I didn't believe it and she gave me the name Jeffery Zient who is with the Agency that is trying to eradicate poverty by supplying citizens who name appears on this "Humanity and Poverty Alleviation Program" list. My name was on this list. I filled out the form and returned it. Am waiting to see what happens next.

How can we stop these people?

• Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 7:23 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Owensboro, Kentucky, United States

a friend I went to school also sent me this message, the guy that contacted me is Williams Smith and all I have to do is wire 2000.00 to Regina Grant, Pasadena, TX and my money will be here by UPS with in 6 hrs.

• Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 7:49 AM by info

It seems as if your friend account has been compromised, and is being used by cyber-criminals to trick you into sending money.

• Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 8:04 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have receive two fb messenger messages from (It appears) to be two separate friends. I returned their message with Great! and Ok.

The first message appeared on 7/4 and then 7/13. I received another with similar information saying they got monies 350,000 delivered to their door by UPS and my name was also on the list.

• Posted: Jun 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Plainfield, New Jersey, United States

I got this last night from a Patricia Saultz on face book last night, told her I don't need $ 40,000 & reported it to FB

• Posted: Mar 13, 2014 at 11:32 PM by an anonymous user from or near: New York, United States

I got one just an hour ago from a Shawn Stewart Stewart who told me I had a $150,000 waiting for me. She sent me this message via facebook private message.

https://www.facebook.com/ shawnstewart.stewart

They will do what ever they can to rip people off. I hope this one can be tracked down and locked up.

Write Your Comment, Question or Review