www.lilplay.com - It is a Fraudulent Website
Let us start with their cancellation policy. The website claims that they offer a 5-day trial period, but they will force you to use their “Express Online Cancellation service,” which will charge you $1. Please see the cancellation instructions below.
The Website's Deceptive Cancellation Request
Cancel your account immediately with our Express Online Cancellation service. Paying a small fee of just $0.99 ($1.00 during trial) will push your cancellation request to the top of the queue so it is effective immediately. You will receive an email confirming the details of your cancellation shortly after.
This is a very tricky way of deceiving people in a legal way. How can a company or organization offer a free trial and then ask their customers to pay a fee to cancel before it ends. And, why is there is an Online Express cancellation service that the company claims will put a request at the top of the queue. I think the owner of www.lilplay.com takes its users for fools, or is just outright scamming them.
Another reason we don’t trust this website is because of the fake “VeriSign Secured” and “Hacker Safe” seals or logos.
The Fake VeriSign Secured and Hacker Safe Seals or Logos
The security and trusted seals/logos on the website’s page that asks for credit card information are not clickable. Legitimate trusted seals or logos should be clickable, because this allows visitors to the same website to view the legitimacy of the seals or logos. Once visitors click on the seals, it should take them to VeriSign or Hacker Safe websites, where they will be provided with information about the website.
We have gotten a lot of complaints about the website lilplay.com and have listed some of them below.
The Complaints We Have Received About LilPlay
- "I googled an ebook I wanted. clicked on a link to this site to get the ebook. Had to resister, used credit card, forces you to pay a £1 for a free 5 day membership. Searched for the ebook, it was not there. I think anything your searching for is not there, its just a front to get your money and forcing you to pay a monthly subscription. I ended up having to get a new credit card... Dont touch this web site Vic"
- "They claim to have an ebook that I want and said I can sign up to access a 5 days free trial membership. I give my credit card information and they charge me $44.9 without my authorization. NEVER GIVE THEM YOUR CARD INFORMATION!!!!!! This is a scam!!!!"
- "I signed up for the 5 day "FREE" trial and realized they didn't have the show they were advertising. I cancelled my account 15 minutes after I opened it. Well they CHARGED me $1 to cancel online supposedly. I called to complain and the rude woman finally refunded my $1.... well we shall see, she said she would refund the $1 dollar, I'll have to wait and check in a few days. But how many people I wonder do they charge a dollar that don't even notice because the amount is so minimal.total SCAM! DO not trust a website that says free 5 day trial, and cancel within 15 minutes but they charge $1 to cancel. Pathetic!"
- "This site steals books and other works posted in other locations and then sells "memberships" to access these stolen works. This whole place is a scam, and I know dozens of authors who have sent in DMCA notices, and yet, they continue to steal works indiscriminately in order to sell these memberships."
- "I went to the site for a free 5 day trial. They advertised several books I wanted. They had none of them. Then I found out they charge to cancel. They said they promised NOT to charge if I cancel. Then they have a FAQ they want U to read that says there is something in the fine print that costs me $20 Potentially illegal! Then I researched and found out they may not have title to sell the books they are selling. YOU won't get anything from this site, its a scam for your credit card info"
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Show More Comments (140)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.