Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
« »

Beware of "I Saw Your Name on the Winning List" Facebook Lottery Scam Messages

2018-01-18T17:57:03  +
Beware of "I Saw Your Name on the Winning List" Facebook Lottery Scam Messages

Facebook users are asked to delete or ignore messages that claim they are lottery winners because their names were found on a winning list. The fake messages are sent by cybercriminals and recipients should not respond to them with their personal information or follow the instructions in them, even if the messages appear as if they were sent by a friend or family member. Scammers have cloned or hijacked some Facebook users' accounts, and are sending fake messages to their friends. The messages claim the recipients are winners of Facebook sweepstakes, lottery or promotion. But, Facebook currently has no such lottery, sweepstakes or promotions.

Please continue reading below.

Here are Some of the Fake Facebook Lottery Messages

• "I actually want to tell you that i just receive $100,000.00 cheque from Facebook affiliated with powerball / megamillion and the cash was delivered to me here at my home and address but when i was signing for my cash your name appear next to my name and i asked the agent he said you need to claim it yourself... You need to email them now and claim it tell them you want to check your name on the winning list ... here is the email megamillionsandfacebook @outlook.com or edmundbrown @outlook.com, or brown.edmund53 @yahoo.com or text them you want to check your name 1-317-721-6597 or call 44-702-409-6853"
  • "Hello,how are you? I actually want to ask you something, did you hear about the Facebook Anniversary Promo in collaboration Powerball Lottery? I got $50,000.00 winning check from them. They gave me the money for a Deaf/Hearing support and its apart of measure and to compensate the few people that was selected from Facebook Random selection program on this website from the listed countries:Canada,Australia,United States, United Kingdom, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania and have already gotten my check, But when they brought my check i saw your name on the winning list when am about to sign and that why am letting you known now before it will be late., I wonder if you get your check yet because I asked and they told me they will deliver the check to you too because you re amoung the list of winners too. So that why am emailing you to let you know, did you get your own yet? if not you have to contact the Agent Mark Thomas on ( winningprize2012@yahoo.com / winningprize2012@gmail.com ) or Text on +17073568339,"
  • "OMG! I saw your name on the winner's list when the Ups came down to my door step delivering my winning money to me. Anyway, I think you should contact the Agent in charge to claim your own money as well. Do you know how to do that?"
  • "Hello, how are you doing? I am very happy right now,I want to know if you are happy too because I got $200,000.00 delivered to me yesterday from the Powerball Commission and I saw your name on the list and the lady told me you won too. If you have not gotten the money,e-mail the lady on powerballagentp @financier.com to claim your money."
  • "I'm so happy, how are you? did you hear about the Facebook Anniversary Promo in Collaboration Powerball Lottery? because i received $50,000 from Powerball and Facebook Organization and I wonder if you gotten your cheque too ?because I saw your name on the Facebook list of unclaimed funds and I ask the courier service that brought my cheque to my front door but he said they can not locate your address so that’s why am sending you this message to get you informed on how to claim your winning cheque too . before it close Agent Mark Thomas email and number.... ( claimprizess2013@yahoo.com or Text on 503) 741 8310, So you can also receive your payment check."
  • "Today I saw your name on the Facebook list of unclaimed funds and I ask the courier service that brought my cash to my front door but he said they can not locate your address so that’s why am sending you this message to get you informed on how to claim your winning cash too, you can contact Agent Wayne Adkins on { Powerballagentwayne @yahoo.com // Powerballcompanyagentwayne @usa.com }, or you can send them A Text 1 (402)-313-8145 so you can also receive your Winning prize check"

Also, report scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent.

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Please continue reading below.

Comments, Questions and Reviews ✍

• Posted: Jun 24, 2018 6:58 AM by info

Received via email:

"These people are scamming me, am trying to forward it to you.
    They want $500.00 dollars sent to Wal-Mart's for John Santell 4040 Vago Circle Lad Vagas NV.89121,

The agent is Peggy Carolyn Petruskevich, supposedly she works for Federal Agency Economic Development Adm.

Their telephone number is 1-646-547-3811,

They send a text asking for a claim and a form, " my neighbor said to text them, she saw my name on the list, it is for poor people" she just got a $100,000.00 dollars, but you have to pay $3,500 for tax and clearance fee."

• Posted: May 30, 2018 5:14 AM by info

Received via email:

"Please note, that I was contacted by an old school friend through messenger yesterday, who told me that he had won 150k and saw my name on the winners list and that I should contact them to claim my prize. I said this must be a scam and he replied no, he thought so too but paid for clearance and delivery fee and the package arrived the next day. I should contact facebooksocialpromo@gmail.com the claim agent"

• Posted: Apr 10, 2018 5:56 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Show Low, Arizona, United States

I was told earlier today my name is on this winning list and a lady said yes and asked for money for me to get my funds, is this real

• Posted: Apr 10, 2018 6:31 PM by info

• Posted: Apr 2, 2018 7:07 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

Is "Angel Grannuts" part of this lottery scam as shehas stated that I am a winner of R150,000. And must do cash send for R3,000: before FedEx can deliver my prize winnings. Is this true or is it a scam. I have already paid R2,000: she now wants another R1,000: for delivery. Please answer me asap. Thank you.

• Posted: Apr 2, 2018 10:49 AM by info

It is a scam.

• Posted: Mar 26, 2018 1:18 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Whitchurch–Stouffville, Ontario, Canada

Watch out for Jayne Meyers and Frances Bartlett, they are doing this too.

• Posted: Mar 19, 2018 7:00 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"Hello
    Heeeey

It's really good to hear back from you. I have been trying to reach you on here lately, You won't believe what happen to me?
    Haven't you heard about the facebook Federal Mega Millions funds in collaboration with President?

I got a sum of £200,000 the promotion made by facebook & Mega millions Monetary lottery funds for the annual seasoning
    if may ask , have you gotten your money yet?
    The reason why i am asking is because i saw your name on the winners list , when they came over to deliver my winning package to me
    Nope,I have already save it up to the bank

it was shown to me when they came over to deliver my money to me . You were right after my name and also friend of mine on the list"

• Posted: Mar 17, 2018 4:45 PM by info

Received via email:

"I was first contacted by messenger from a friend on Facebook that appears to be hacked. I am unable at this time to verify anything, but they are refusing to talk to me, so I can assume they were hacked. Lisa(the friend), informed me that there was a power-ball lottery that she had won, and they had brought her money to her door. She said that there was a list that she had saw my name on it, and all I needed to do was friend the facebook employee. I was contacted by someone pretending to work for facebook under the name Tracy Figueroa. Here is the fake account:

I added her believing the story. Whoever it was got my name, address, age, picture from drivers license. I figured it out at the end when they wanted me to send money to them in cash! I started asking questions that only Lisa could answer!Of course, I have not heard back from that Lisa. Oh, the amount was 450.00. The pic that was used on her page was just put up yesterday, and I believe it was from the FBI from 2016. I just should have taken more time, and thought. In my defense, I am going thru a lot medically; including brain surgery. This evil person also knew. So, please someone make them pay! Find them for me, and make them pay!"

• Posted: Feb 14, 2018 1:58 PM by info

Received via email:

"I received a Messenger message from one of my contacts.. He asked me if I had heard from the department on health and human services empowerment program yet. I won’t list the complete message here, as it is long. Suffice it to say that it indicated that he been randomly picked for a special Federal Government program and had $150,000 cash delivered to his door.

He had seen my name on the list and if they hadn’t yet contacted me, I should check to see if my name was still on the list of winners.

I sent a text, and guess what? Yes, I was still on the list. Seemed too good to be true, which is always one of the red flags. I asked my friend to call me who had been sending me Messenger messages throughout the process. Guess what? Suddenly he had a sore throat, couldn’t talk, and was going to the doctor on Friday.

I left a voicemail message for my real friend. He called me back and confirmed it was a scam and they had contacted a couple of other folks on his list of friends already. He is working with Facebook to see what can be done.

Are their other steps that can now be taken or anything else you recommend that I do? I will post on Facebook about this scam.

Eva"

• Posted: Mar 10, 2018 2:56 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Leeming, Western Australia, Australia

Thanks, I have had the same and I believe it to be a scam too . Have asked for proof if they are from DHHS USA as I’m not a US citizen .. very interesting reading. Took me awhile to find information

• Posted: Jan 20, 2018 3:53 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Bedminster (Pluckemin), New Jersey, United States

Do they send this as text message or message on Facebook

• Posted: Jan 20, 2018 10:09 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Lowell, Arkansas, United States

It was thru a text message.

• Posted: Jan 20, 2018 4:56 AM by info

On both, but mostly on Facebook.

• Posted: Jan 18, 2018 5:55 PM by info

Receive via email:

"I received a message from a Facebook friend about the 'list' my name might be on. The name of the person to contact was Nancy Allen (662)4876067. She stated that I was on the list to receive money from the federal government Workers Compensation and DHHS. I deleted the messages once I realized it was a scam. Is there anything else I need to do to protect myself?"

• Posted: Jan 13, 2018 8:39 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Dallas, Texas, United States

Watch out people scammers everywhere.

• Posted: Jan 9, 2018 7:12 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Savannah, Georgia, United States

I think that I have been scammed by this same people. How do I go about reporting them?

• Posted: Dec 15, 2017 4:14 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Nashville, North Carolina, United States

I received a message by messenger from a high school classmate that I have seen in years telling me he saw my name on the winners list when he received his winnings. I didn't believe him for a minute. He gave me the number to text to. I brushed him off and told him I would check it out. Searched on Facebook and found this page. This guy has a reputation as being a shady character. Thought you would like to know someone on Facebook is using this as a tool to swindle people.

• Posted: Dec 13, 2017 1:57 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States

These fake lotteries suck.

• Posted: Oct 1, 2017 10:55 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Vernon, British Columbia, Canada

I was just scammed by someone pretending to be my friend on FB, who said she saw my name on a list of winners.

I communicated with my FB friend to ask if this is legit and real. I felt comfortable chatting with my friend to confirmed. So, obviously it wasn't my friend I was chatting with but I didn't realize it at the time. So I followed instructions and gave fb password, personal info, name, address, and drivers license.

They did ask for money for Samsung tablet. Also said I won a large sum of money. I didn't give money but now I can't log into my account. Is there anything I can do to protect myself now that my information is stolen.

How can I get my fb account back. I'm completely embarrassed but feel the need to share this. Beware please. I know better, but got sucked in. Keep safe.

• Posted: Nov 29, 2017 11:48 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Oxford, Mississippi, United States

I was done the same way.

• Posted: Oct 1, 2017 11:17 PM by info

Click here for help to recover your account.

• Posted: Sep 21, 2017 1:15 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Arlington, Texas, United States

Yes, I was contacted by a lady named Sarah mary claim she works for Facebook, claiming I won 500000. she said it would be delivered by ups. My radar went up when she asks for money to send before receiving.

• Posted: Mar 20, 2017 3:49 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Driggs, Idaho, United States

Here is another scam, please do not follow the instructions in it:

"Congratulations ,you are a winner, all you need to do now is to go to www.megamillionsfbkprizeclaims.tk Click on claim prize, fill the claim form and submit it or send us a mail to: winningprizesclaims2016@gmail.com"

• Posted: Feb 22, 2017 9:57 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Plymouth, Minnesota, United States

I got one of these over the weekend. Fortunately I called the person who I was supposedly being messengered by to ask her if this really happened. Of course she said no!

I did look at the Facebook page they sent me with the picture of winners asking me to post. I didn't post. My question is two fold. Just by looking at that page, would they be able to get my information? What can you do if someone has hijacked your account---How do I protect myself?

• Posted: Feb 22, 2017 10:13 AM by info

They cannot get your information by visiting the page. And, if your Facebook account has been hacked, go to https://www.facebook.com/hacked for help.

• Posted: Dec 21, 2016 7:36 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Makati City, National Capital Region, Philippines

Hi,I have a friend,working as OFW in Kuwait. She contacted us claiming she won on Facebook lottery, but the agent said she had to pay the tax for her money before she can get it. Is it true?

Keenzel Davidg is the name of her agent from India Facebook lottery.$500,000.00. I want to know if its true. Thank you.

• Posted: Dec 21, 2016 7:44 PM by info

It is a lottery scam. Once you are asked to send money in order to receive a lottery prize, it is a scam.

• Posted: Dec 6, 2016 1:32 PM by info

Received via email:

"Somebody name Charity Anna Shaw contact me and said I won the lottery drawing so I would like to know if they are real or not?"

• Posted: Dec 6, 2016 1:32 PM by info

It is not real, it is a scam.

• Posted: Nov 1, 2016 2:59 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Penshurst, New South Wales, Australia

This was from Chris Harrison and was sent from Brian Henry Carrey

"Congratulation you will have to fill up the form
    form .
    Name
    Country
    State
    Home Address
    Telephone number
    Occupation.
    Gender.
    Marital status.
    date of birth.
    Snap your passport or driver licence."

• Posted: Sep 9, 2016 4:55 PM by info

Received via email:

"Freedom Lottery scam. Here is a message I received:

Oh yes am serious i saw your name on the winning list,Oh am not sure that is true
    I already got my own, i saw your name on the winners list when the delivery agent came to my home to deliver my winning to me and they told me that you can also get the money too. There are two people and ones name is Clayton Yulunda and the other one sending me these message name is James Gozzard. Just thought I would report before other people get their accounts Hacked."

• Posted: Aug 31, 2016 1:22 PM by info

Received via email:

"This is a bold Scam, one of your FB "friends"???? Dale Edward Chenoweth will start up a conversation with you and claim he saw your name on the "Facebook lottery winners list and ask you to contact a person named Dwayne Denice Colton who will check this "so called" winners list and confirm you have won a large sum of money! He will then ask you questions about you and eventually ask you for hundreds of dollars to pay for UPS to deliver a package with your money! Do not send them any money nor any personal information!!! This is a vicious SCAM!!! REPORT THEM TO FACEBOOK AND BLOCK THEM! "

• Posted: Aug 10, 2016 9:08 PM by info

On August 1 I received a message from a good friend on Facebook saying he had won the Facebook lottery and that I SHOULD CHECK IT OUT AS MY NAME WAS ON THE LIST. I did check the list and my name was one it and so I preceded to click on this lady Mary Allen who was supposedly in charge of the lottery and she then accepted me as her friend and then she told me I had won the Facebook lottery of 400,000.00 and that if I send them a $1000.00 dollars my winnings would be delivered to me in 4 hours.

I did think it was legit as my friend said he had won and got his money, but finding that this Mary Allen was using my name and profile to make me think that he had one and that I could get my winnings. I then waited the four hours and nothing came so was watching for her to chat with me and she had text me that they had an accident with the ups truck and in order to finish the delivery she needed another 220 and which then seeing the pictures of accident I sent her the money, which all money was sent by Moneygram, which I have all receipts for these transactions. Well then another four hours had past and she had text me saying that they got caught by the IRS and needed another 120 to finish coming to my house with my winnings in a box.

I then realized after talking to my friend that he had not won any such thing and they were using him as a way to get to me and then when she text me I refused to send anymore money as I knew than that it was a scam. I am now out of my bill money for my rent, lights, gas and other funds as she scammed me saying she was the president of Facebook. I am asking for my refunds to be refunded back to me as it was my social security money and I cant live the rest of the month this way.

• Posted: Aug 9, 2016 1:29 PM by info

Received via email:

"Today I was informed by my fb friend who was my past class teacher in school in India in Kanpur Uttar Pradesh.she told me that a good news for me she saw my name in winning list of a Facebook free promotion program run by Mark Zuckerberg. She send me a link. Agent Mark Smith asked to claim.I did and was told I won 150000 dollars random selected by Asap from my profile.

I have to pay 1000 dollars fees to get that money Banknote with dollar sign. They got my details but I never gave any bank or credit card details. My ex class teacher was online telling she had won go for yours. Go to western union money transfer and send 1000 dollars on given address. It was of Nigeria.I told them to wait for tomorrow. It looks fraudulent to me.Help and guide."

• Posted: Aug 9, 2016 1:30 PM by info

It is a scam. There is no Facebook lottery. Please do not send your hard-earned money to scammers.

• Posted: Jun 12, 2016 6:25 PM by info

Received via email:

I was messaged by someone claiming to be my cousin, Billie Newlin, that she had won a prize from Facebook and Mark Zuckerburg, and that when she received it via UPS she saw my name on the list.

She said that I should contact the Account admin Christa Shiffer at Facebook to see is I was still on the winners list. I contacted Christa and was asked for my FB email and password. Also a copy of my drivers license picture. I gave it to her. She said I had to pay for the shipping for next day delivery. She told me my full name and birth date etc, for verification. Then directed me to send a money gram to Eddie Laran Tion 2901 Tara Gables Court,Houston Tx 77082. She gave me her phone number to text her while I was out: 904-853-1205. My fake cousin said that she had received $150,000 in cash by UPS and had paid $1500 for shipping and admin fees. That was what I was to send.

I texted my cousin to ask if she had paid that. She replied that she had. I almost did it. The first place I went didn't take debit, so I headed to the next store a block away to send it. All the while the woman(Christa) kept texting me to see where I was, as we needed to rush in order to get it the next day. I was to text her the confirmation, so everything could be processed. She texted me every few minutes. that made me uncomfortable.

At the next store, as I got out of the car, I remembered my cousin Billie had been recently hacked. I couldn't reach her on FB so I came home to call her to verify that she had been messaging me. She had not. She was almost taken in by the same scam, but didn't have the money. She also was smart enough not to give them the drivers license picture. They had all her personal info, as well. Also they kept telling both of us that we couldn't tell anyone, because people were trying to claim other people's prizes. That was the reason they needed out FB email and password and DL picture.

After I was home I received another text asking where I was and what I was doing. I told her I was getting ready to call the police. She texted me back to ask "what for?" I didn't reply. Much of the conversation was FB messaging. It is still in my messages, if anyone wants to view them. Also, the messages from fake Billie Newlin. Also the fake Billie Newlin has an old photo of Billie on the FB page. The actual Billie Newlin has a picture of herself with her mom on her page.

I don't know what they plan to do with my info, except to scam some of my friends. I am worried about my drivers license in their hands.

Marcia