"Facebook Award Program 2016 - Congratulations You Have Been Awarded $900,000" Lottery Scam

Would you share this Article with others?

It is important that Facebook users know that there is no Facebook lottery or "Facebook Award Program." Therefore, Facebook users who have received the lottery scamming message below, which claims they have won or been awarded thousands of dollars in the Facebook Award Program 2016 fiscal year draw, should delete the message. The fake message is being sent by lottery scammers to trick Facebook users into sending them their personal information. Once the scammers have their potential victims’ personal information, they will ask them to send advance fees in order to claim their so-called lottery prizes. Once the scammers received their victims’ money, they will disappear or attempt to get more money from their victims.

It is important to remember that legitimate companies will never ask their lottery winners to send their personal information via email message or send money in order to receive their prizes. Therefore, if online or internet users are asked to do the same, that should be the first indicator that someone is attempting to scam them.

The “Facebook Award Pragram 2016” Lottery Scam

Subject: Congratulations–You have been awarded $900,000 by Facebook
Facebook Award Pragram 2016

FACEBOOK AWARD PRAGRAM 2016
Reference Number FB-FFYD 719
Winning :FB-FFYD-900KUSD-FB

Dear FaceBook User,

Congratulations!

You have won 900.000USD. We are pleased to officially inform you of the result of the just concluded Facebook Fiscal Year Draws held on 18th March, 2016 by Facebook Group in cash Promotion to encourage the usage of Facebook all over the world.

Your claim details, please keep confidential:
Batch Number: FB-FFYD-390
Reference Number: FB-FFYD-719
Winning: FB-FFYD-900KUSD-FB

Contact our accredited attorney below with your full details for immediate Claim Procedure and Payment Code.

Name: Lucas SWAT,
FB Regional Representative
Washington, D.C.
27 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Email: swat@christchambers.com

1. Full name: 2. Nationality: 3. Contact Address: 4. Telephone Number: 5. Mobile Number: 6 7. Occupation: 8. Age: 9. Sex:

Facebook Financal Director
Mark Scott

Please share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. Check the comment section below for additional information, if there is any. Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: info@onlinethreatalerts.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search engine.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts.

• September 2, 2019 at 1:48 PM by an anonymous user from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Vimal V. winner in fb award program. Is it true?

• September 2, 2019 at 1:55 PM by info

No, it is not true, it is a scam. There is no Facebook lottery or promotion that is giving thousands or millions of dollars away.

• April 20, 2018 at 5:05 AM by an anonymous user from Los Angeles, California, United States

Well, I need to no what to do, because FedEx wants me to go and get a 50 dollars iTunes card; so what do I do?

• April 20, 2018 at 8:17 AM by info

FedEx or other legitimate companies will never ask you to get an iTunes card for payment.

Remember, If you are asked to send iTunes card as payment, it means a scammer or cyber thief is attempting to scam or rob you.

• January 11, 2018 at 10:57 AM by an anonymous user from New York, United States

There is someone by the name of Angela gray who works for these people; she will say that she has won the money and tells you to text a number which is 7162446987

• April 12, 2017 at 8:50 AM by an anonymous user from Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I have received text messages from 4 different gentle men saying I won $950,000 in a contest for being on Facebook the longest.

• February 21, 2017 at 6:48 AM by an anonymous user from Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India

I received the same message today.

• January 14, 2017 at 11:54 PM by info

Received via email:

"I have sent money to receive lottery winnings through face book I saved the last agent chat conversation I had I asked about the lottery being ligit and he said it was Now I am trying to recoup my money I lost Why doesn't face book delete these profiles"

• December 19, 2016 at 1:39 PM by an anonymous user from Roswell, Georgia, United States

I was contacted via text message. Told me I won 550,000.00. Would I like check or A TM card. Then told me I had to pay 350.00 for insurance.

When I told him that was a Red Flag, and explained I shouldn't have to pay for insurance and it was their responsibility, he said he heard me and didn't text me anymore.

Text came from someone named Wesson, number was

917-397-6671.

• September 24, 2016 at 7:10 AM by an anonymous user from Mandaluyong City, National Capital Region, Philippines

Just received the same email today.

• September 12, 2016 at 11:18 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: 'Facebook'<recruit@t-online.de>

Date: 9 września 2016 02:03:54 GMT 6

Subject: Congratulations!!! You have been awarded $900,000 by Facebook

Reply-To: <swatlucasfb@sltdchambers.com>

Congratulations by Facebook Group!

You have won 900,000USD.

This is not a joke or spam

Contact claim agent below

Email: swatlucasfb@sltdchambers.com"

• September 11, 2016 at 9:01 PM by an anonymous user from Khon Kaen, Changwat Khon Kaen, Thailand

Received the following scam:

"Dear Winner,

Your message was well received and understood. Since you can not come to our office for cash payment due to provided reasons, a second chance is available. In order to assist you claim your award funds {900,000USD} before expiration date, a second option, bank to bank {telegraphic transfer} will be the best and fastest solution.

...

In order to achieve this transfer, due to International Monetary Policy on intercontinental transactions, for winners who could not come over to sign the Payment Release Order in USA, a Power of Attorney is highly needed from US Department of Justice and Foreign Affairs. This Power Of Attorney will give the bank legal power in absence of the winner to remit 900,000USD to your bank account without delay.

...

If this is well understood and accepted, kindly send your bank account details, so that we could forward our mode of payment for the Power of Attorney processing fee of 220$.

Bank name,

Bank Address,

Account Name,

Account number

Thanks for your understanding,

Yours in service

Lucas Swat

Facebook Group

Regional Representative"

• September 9, 2016 at 5:37 PM by an anonymous user from Austin, Texas, United States

I received an email saying it was from Facebook CEO Mark Z... which stated I was chosen for a prize of 800,000.00 USD. Is this a scam? It said it was a computer drawing and gave a serial number, winning numbers, etc from Christina Lara in California.

• September 9, 2016 at 5:40 PM by info

It is a scam. There is no Facebook lottery.

• September 9, 2016 at 1:15 AM by an anonymous user from Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa

It's so amazing. On the 07 September 2016, I received the same email. I decided to reply to it and they responded that i must come to Washington DC to collect my prize.

I replied and said I am in South Africa and I cannot come. They told me that I need to give them my banking details and they will transfer the money. So i decided to Google Lucas Swat, the man I was talking to. Ooh these people though. Dont they get tired.

• September 7, 2016 at 10:27 PM by an anonymous user from Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I received this "award" message today. Thank you for posting this info exposing it as a scam which is what I suspected all along.

• September 5, 2016 at 9:48 AM by info

Here is another scam:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Facebook <recruit@t-online.de>

Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 03:33:06 0200

Subject: ^Congratulations !!! You have been awarded $900,000USD by Facebook^

Congratulations by Facebook Group

You have won 900,000USD .

This is not a joke or spam message

Contact claim agent below

Email: swat@sltdchambers.com

• September 5, 2016 at 9:21 AM by an anonymous user from Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

Hey I receive this email today, So how can I keep them away from me?

• September 5, 2016 at 10:33 AM by info

Just flag the email message as spam/junk, so they are automatically sent to your spam/junk email folders.

• September 5, 2016 at 9:19 AM by an anonymous user from Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

I have receive the same email and they ask me to come to their offices.

• September 5, 2016 at 10:32 AM by info

There is no office. Please ignore them because there is no Facebook lottery.

• August 16, 2016 at 9:23 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: "Facebook"<recruit@t-online.de>

Date: August 12, 2016 at 2:58:12 AM EDT

Subject: Congratulations!!! You have been awarded $900,000 by Facebook

Reply-To: <swat@sltdchambers.com>

Congratulations by Facebook Group!

You have won 900,000USD.

This is not a joke or spam

Contact claim agent below

Email: swat@sltdchambers.com"

• July 25, 2016 at 2:02 PM by an anonymous user from Nadi, Western, Fiji

Thank you for info, I'm aware.

• July 5, 2016 at 9:15 AM by an anonymous user from Harare, Zimbabwe

Received same email too, but suspected its a hoax - thank u for warning.

• July 2, 2016 at 9:05 PM by an anonymous user from North Salt Lake, Utah, United States

I lost $300.00 to this scam to a lady named Nester Debra Ethridge. She then told me my winnings were seized by the Department of Homeland Security and I had to pay $2000 for an authentification certificate. I told her I didnt have $2000 and she said thats ok we'll lower it to $1000 . Now she represents the DHS and Facebook? lol

• July 2, 2016 at 2:49 PM by an anonymous user from Baytown, Texas, United States

They are calling me claiming to be Mark Elliot Zuckerberg from 1 650-797-8076.

• June 21, 2016 at 2:01 AM by an anonymous user from Port Moresby (National Capital), National Capital, Papua New Guinea

Got the message to my company email that I have won USD$900,000 so had to enquire to the email from this guy Lucas Swat. I had to enquire more and in no time, I received my Winning Certificate Award signed by Mark Scott(Facebook Financial Director)next step was that I was to pay $190USD for the transaction fees. I knew it was a scam and told them I don't believe in such, Lucas Swat was really assuring me that if I pay the transaction fee of $190USD the money will be in my account in 48 hours.

Had to search more here and finally found out this is real scam. Thank you for the information.

Something really needs to be done to this "Lucas Swat"

• June 13, 2016 at 11:18 PM by an anonymous user from Kolonia, Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia

Something should be done to this guy Lucas SWAT... this is FRAUD!!!

• June 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM by an anonymous user from Waipahu, Hawaii, United States

I just received the same email from this guy Lucas Swat, noting that I am the winner for 900.000, I almost answer back, but I want to find out the truth, and now I know it's a scam thing.

• June 11, 2016 at 1:54 AM by an anonymous user from Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Thanks a lot for the warning guys because I have just received the same email yesterday, luckily I sent the fake personal details. Will these scammers ever stop?

• June 10, 2016 at 9:21 AM by an anonymous user from Kolonia, Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia

This is not fair..taking away money from their victims.

• June 6, 2016 at 3:35 PM by an anonymous user from Orlando, Florida, United States

So this is not true saying that I won a reward.

• June 6, 2016 at 5:40 PM by info

Yes, it is not true, it is a lottery scam.

• June 2, 2016 at 5:29 AM by an anonymous user from Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

Please help i have send my personal details.

• June 2, 2016 at 6:33 AM by info

Once your information has been sent, you cannot get it back. Therefore, be careful going forward, because the scammers will attempt to use the information that you have sent to scam you.

• June 1, 2016 at 12:14 AM by an anonymous user from Despatch, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Thank you so much. I really thought I win.

• May 13, 2016 at 3:07 PM by an anonymous user from Ionia, Michigan, United States

I been approached by a guy name agent Matt David; he says I won $150000, and I have to send hime $500.00 for a Clearance Fee.

• May 13, 2016 at 3:25 PM by info

It is a scam. Please do not send your hard-earned money to the lottery scammers.

• September 12, 2016 at 3:19 AM by Rakesh from Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India

RakeshI received this email a couple of times now and they insisted to claim now before 30th April, which is the deadline for claiming prizes .Its exactly the same email I received. I will delete and send a comment to tell these people that they are stupid.

• September 12, 2016 at 7:34 AM by info

Do not respond to the email, just delete it. Responding will only tell the scammers that your email is active and they will continue to send you more scams.

• April 26, 2016 at 8:57 PM by an anonymous user from Apia, Tuamasaga, Samoa

• April 26, 2016 at 9:11 PM by info

Never respond to email scams, because the scammers will know that your email address is valid and active, and will start sending more phishing and malicious emails to you.

• April 19, 2016 at 7:38 AM by info

Remember, there is no Facebook Group Award Program.

• April 18, 2016 at 5:04 PM by an anonymous user from Suva, Central, Fiji

I received this message today...one can just know that its total fake..

• April 15, 2016 at 4:07 AM by an anonymous user from Nadi, Western, Fiji

I received this fake message on Monday.

• April 5, 2016 at 1:44 AM by an anonymous user from Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

I just received this email and knew something was not right.

• April 4, 2016 at 2:59 PM by an anonymous user from Nasinu, Central, Fiji

I have receive an email like this from the so called Mark Scott and Lucas Swat; such a selfish brat...

Thanx for the alert.

• April 8, 2016 at 7:32 PM by an anonymous user from Suva, Central, Fiji

Just received the message n upon enquiring for any evidence...passport copy was sent to me of lucas swat.

• May 3, 2016 at 2:12 AM by an anonymous user from Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

I received this message too last week, Lucas Swat just replied few days ago.