NetSpend Phishing Text or Email Messages
Once the cybercriminals have received their potential victims’ online account credentials, they will gain access to their accounts, steal their money and use their accounts fraudulently.
A Sample of a Phishing NetSpend Message
"Your NetSpend account can be banned if you failed to re-confirm your details! Do it now here:"
NetSpend users who have received messages asking them to click on a link or visit a website in order to update, re-confirm or verify their accounts, should always go directly to https://www.netspend.com/ and sign-in from there. Once the NetSpend users have signed into their accounts, they will be notified of updates and other important changes, if there is any.
Going directly to NetSpend’s website (www.netspend.com) will prevent users or customers from becoming victims of phishing scams that steal personal information or online account credentials.
NetSpend users, here are some tips for protecting your prepaid card:
- Don’t share your Card Account number or Personal Identification Number (PIN) with anyone.
- Don’t write your PIN on your card. If someone steals your card, they can withdraw all your money.
- Avoid letting friends or family use your card so that they don’t make unauthorized purchases.
- Sign up for Anytime Alerts™ and then activate them. It’s free, and you’ll be notified with a text message or email every time a transaction hits your account. (Standard message and data rates may apply.)
- If you see an unauthorized transaction on your account, call NetSpend at 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363) immediately so we can protect your account.
- If your card is lost or stolen, call NetSpend immediately at 1-86-NETSPEND (1-866-387-7363) so they can make sure that anyone who finds your card can’t use it. You can also sign into your Online Account Center and report your card lost or stolen under the Help tab. (There is a fee associated with the replacement of a lost, stolen, or damaged card. Please see your Cardholder Agreement or online Account Center for details.)
- Netspend will not email or text you to ask for your card number, PIN, social security number, online username or password. If you get a call you did not request, hang up and call the number on the back of your card and report it to them. If you receive a suspicious email, please forward the entire email to email@example.com.
- If you receive a text message requesting personal information, call the number on the back of your card and report the communication to NetSpend before deleting the text message. Do not click on links within an email or text message and do not disclose any personal or account information in response to a suspicious email or text message.
Remember, NetSpend will never call you and ask you for your account information unless you’ve specifically asked them for a call back! By protecting your physical card, you stop criminals from easily accessing your funds!
Netspend is a leading provider of Visa® Prepaid debit cards, Prepaid Debit Mastercard® cards, and commercial prepaid card solutions in the U.S.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Show More Comments (1)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.