Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
« »

Beware of "Paid To Drive Concept By Apple" Auto Car Wrapping Advertising Scam

2017-04-18T19:07:04 -  +
Beware of "Paid To Drive Concept By Apple" Auto Car Wrapping Advertising Scam

The "Paid To Drive Concept By Apple" auto car wrap or autowrapping advertising below is a scam. The scam claims that vehicle owners with a driver's license can be paid $500 or more weekly via check (cheque) to have their vehicle wrapped with an advertisement. The scammers behind this fraudulent scheme or scam will send you fake checks, ask you to take your share of the money and wire the rest to a graphic designer. But, the checks are fakes and will bounce. The wired money will actually go to the scammers behind this fraudulent scheme. You will then be left to pay back the bank the wired amount and other charges associated with the processing of the check. Whenever you receive offers that are too good to be true, please do your research before participating, even if the offers seem legitimate.

Recipients of the following email message or something similar are asked to delete them and should not follow the instructions in them.

The "Paid To Drive Concept By Apple" Auto Car Wrapping Advertising Scam

PAID TO DRIVE CONCEPT BY APPLE

PAID TO DRIVE CONCEPT BY APPLE FOR THE NEW YEAR PROMO ADVERT.

We are currently seeking to employ individual’s world wide. How would you like to make money by simply driving your car advertising for iPhone 7.

How it works?

Here’s the basic premise of the "paid to drive" concept: APPLE seeks people -- regular citizens,professional drivers to go about their normal routine as they usually do, only with a big advert for new "iPhone 7" plastered on your car or truck. The ads are typically vinyl decals, also known as "auto wraps,"that almost seem to be painted on the vehicle, and which will cover any portion of your car's exterior surface.

What does the company get out of this type of ad strategy? Lots of exposure and awareness. The auto wraps tend to be colorful, eye-catching and attract lots of attention. Plus, it's a form of advertising with a captive audience,meaning people who are stuck in traffic can't avoid seeing the wrapped car alongside them. This program will last for 3 months and the minimum you can participate is 7 weeks.

You will be compensated with $500 per week which is essentially a "rental"payment for letting APPLE use the space no fee is required from you APPLE shall provide experts that would handle the advert placing on your car/truck. You will receive an up front payment of $500 inform of check via courier service for accepting to carry this advert on your car.

This scam is similar to the following:

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Comments, Questions and Reviews ✍

• Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 1:50 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Modesto, California, United States

how can I report this I got scammed; now I'm owing 1,750.00 plus more for a check that was cashed but deposited.

• Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 3:41 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Medford, Oregon, United States

I received an email then a text message from 573-340-5030. My text message is from Perry Smith. I confronted him that I found it to be a scam. He said I was insulting him. He also said it is a 100% legit.

The check is in the mail with a tracking number. The mail starts in Eugene, Oregon. I will be taking the check that comes in tomorrow to the bank and see if it is legit. and go from there. He is supposed to send me more instructions once I get the check. I just curious of how they get the money or what ever they are looking for. I will not give them personal information at all.

Thanks for letting me share.

• Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 2:09 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Tucson, Arizona, United States

I receive that same offer and just like I thought, this is too good to be true! thanks for the heads up

• Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 11:01 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Fort Myers, Florida, United States

I have received similar correspondence for iPhone x plus advertising. Thank you for the heads up that this is a scam.

• Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 11:41 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Burch Christian
    Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:04:20 PM
    Subject: Re: Drive Your Car And Get $450 Extra Income - Tina Stech

Good day to you. Sorry for the late respond. Just wanted to let you
    know that Your Car had bad been qualified for this Launching/Advertise
    Program to Earn $450 weekly your information below had been received.

Tina Stech
    4965 north old ft Wayne road
    Huntington IN 46750
    tlsste@hotmail.com
    (260) 3586768

To Go further, Let us give you a little more details about this position.

1] This LOGO won't cover your entire CAR BODY it's going to be install on
    your CAR 2 FRONT DOORS ONLY.
    2} we are responsible to install the LOGO on your {Vehicle} and to remove
    it immediately After you done with us.
    3] This won't DAMAGE your {Vehicle} Paint..
    4] Our Graphic Artist Agent will show you some PICTURES when they get to
    your place for you to choose any STYLE, TYPE and SIZE of LOGO you want
    on your Car

Below are some questions you need to answer to proceed.

1) How long do you intend to carry this advert on your car? This Program
    last for 6 Months but you can choose to participate for any Month you like
    2) What Is the Present Condition and the Mileage?
    3) Do you drive your car daily?
    4) Pls take a picture of your CAR and send that too us

Please Note that a Check will be send to you to cover your first week Upfront salary of $450. And also The Graphic Artist Agent funds will be include, When you receive it you are to deduct your first week payment of $450 then forward the rest to Graphic Artist Agent who will come and install the iPhone X Plus ADVERT LOGO on your vehicle, The further Instruction to guide you to get started easily with the payment will be send to you immediately after you confirm you receive and understand the content of this Message.. Hope to hear from you soon

Apple iPhone Advert Co. Hiring Manager
    Mr Burch Christian."

• Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 8:29 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Temple, Texas, United States

I received a check. But it was for baskin robins this time telephone number (916)905-4018. Same message but baskin robins instead of apple. Can I just destroy this check, do I have to turn it into authorities?

• Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 1:41 PM by info

You can destroy it.

• Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 9:45 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"Paid To Drive Concept

Promotional Program By Apple Electronics
    We are currently seeking to employ individual’s world wide. Would you like to make money by simply driving your car advertising for Apple ?

How it works :

Here’s the basic premise of the "paid to drive" concept: seeks people , regular citizens, professional drivers to go about their normal routine as they usually do, only with a big advert of Apple plastered on your bike/car/truck. The ads are typically vinyl decals, also known as "auto wraps" that almost seem to be painted on the vehicle and which will cover any portion of your bike/car/truck exterior surface.

What does the company get out of this type of ad strategy? Lots of exposure and awareness. The auto wraps tend to be colorful, eye-catching and attract lots of attention. Plus, it's a form of advertising with a captive audience,meaning people who are stuck in traffic can't avoid seeing the wrapped car alongside them. Apple the giant focuses on younger audience after research showed almost half of under-28s have not tried a Apple. This program will last for 3 months and the minimum you can participate is 6 weeks.

You will be compensated with $500 per week which is essentially a rental payment for letting use the space no fee is required from you to get started. shall provide experts that would handle the advert placing on your bike/car/truck. You will receive an up front payment of $500 inform of check via courier service for accepting to carry this advert on your bike/car/truck. Fill up the below application to apply:"

• Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 5:59 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Newport News, Virginia, United States

Dennis Franklin wants to send me a check. From Budweiser advertising.
    How can stop it.

• Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 6:14 PM by info

You cannot stop him from sending it to you, but you can destroy it when you receive it.

• Posted: May 28, 2018 at 6:39 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"Paid To Drive Concept

Promotional Program By Apple Electronics

How it works :

• Posted: May 28, 2018 at 6:38 AM by info

Received via email:

"I received these 2 texts to my iPhone saying this was a promo for an Apple product & offering $500/week for 6 weeks. I included their email addresses.

jeremyatthichise@gmail.com
    KAI Stainless Steel Blade

Hello will you allow Apple to put a small sticker on your CAR,TRUCK, OR MOTORCYCLE. For Apple new product advert and receive $500 every week the program will last three months. Click on the below link for details to apply

hxxps://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/87CukN

Recruiting Manager

nancyabfaciet@gmail.com

Subject:KAI Stainless Steel Blade
    Cheryl"

• Posted: May 28, 2018 at 5:27 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Ashburn, Virginia, United States

Received 4 text messages from 4 different gmail addresses for Apple promo offering $500/week for 6 weeks.

• Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 10:31 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Los Angeles, California, United States

This came from CRAIG4109@gmail.com:

"Hello will you allow Apple iPhone Inc to put a small sticker on your CAR,TRUCK, OR MOTORCYCLE. For { iPhone X Plus} new product advert and receive $400 every week the program will last three months. if interested click on this link for full details about this position

hxxps://form.jotform.com/

Email to padvertt7x@gmail.com if there is a problem with the link

2018 Apple iPhone Inc. Product
    All rights reserved Hiring Manager
    Perry Smith"

I checked the link one week after and no longer works. It reads:
    "form over quota"
    Thank God I didn't fall for this...

• Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 10:07 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Los Angeles, California, United States

I got an invitation to participate doing this car wrapping for the new Iphone x plus. I was kinda interested, but I thought it was too good to be true to be paid $400 weekly just for having some stickers placed in my car. Thank you for this post!

• Posted: Mar 28, 2018 at 7:02 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Des Plaines, Illinois, United States

So my question is does apple know about the scam ?

• Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 11:14 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Orlando, Florida, United States

So I have an acquaintance that legitimately gets paid to drive around in a Skittles wrapped car. So I searched out who does this and found said apple logo advertisement company. Got a $2,000.00 check in the mail sent from Costco in North Carolina, but the check was from a transport company in Utah. The routing and account numbers match up but the check is a pretty good fake.

So now I'm currently conversing over text message with them while I wait to contact the two companies and the sheriff tomorrow. The scam number is 317-210-3598. Sad how many scams there are. If they put that effort I to being a productive member of society, how much better would we be?

• Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 3:35 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Fenton, Michigan, United States

Can I take the check to the sheriff office? And notify them of this scam?

• Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 7:00 PM by info

Yes, you can.

• Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 6:34 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Palmdale, California, United States

Does Budweiser or any other company pay to drive legally?

• Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 6:37 PM by info

Not them directly. There are legitimate marketing companies that do it for them.

• Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 10:18 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Alingaro, Calabarzon, Philippines

My husband received a 2000 dollar check. Thank you for informing and posting this to the internet. It saved us from despair!

• Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 10:11 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Seattle, Washington, United States

I work at a place that helps wire money across the world. This is a scam that I've seen and helped stop.

• Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 7:57 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

so they sent me checks, can I turn them in to the authorities so maybe they can trace them or something

• Posted: Feb 12, 2018 at 10:34 PM by info

Yes you can.

• Posted: Feb 10, 2018 at 10:35 AM by info

The scammers are using this telephone: 424-256-8561

• Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 11:08 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Orlando, Florida, United States

Also from 317-210-3598.

• Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 10:52 PM by an anonymous user from or near: League City, Texas, United States

I received the fake check and messages from this phone number :
    ‭ 1 (209) 214-7934‬ Is a scam.

"Hello ———— My name is Debora A Rep From Apple iPhone Advert Company. You applied to use your car to Advertise for our company and get $500 pay (2/2)weekly.

What is going on with the check of $2940 you received? Pls check your Email for the instruction and write back asap Hello —— how are you? Just contact you to get an update from you. You said your husband is check it for you yesterday. (1/3)Pls let us know if you are no more interested. There were thousands of people that applied for this position.

We just give you this opportunity because (2/3)your first respond sound good to us. But if you are no more interested we can quit with you and offer someone else. MIND YOU THIS IS 100% LEGIT and WELL (3/3)PAYING POSITION."

Be careful, it is a scam and the check was fake.

• Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 1:50 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Irvine, California, United States

What do I do with that bogus check? Where can i take it? Where do I report?

• Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 7:06 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I would just throw it away. I don't think anything ever happens to these people.

• Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 2:12 PM by info

You can destroy it or report it to the police.

• Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 9:29 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Fresno, California, United States

I feel stupid, I believed it. I will not be cashing the fake check, can I report the scammers.

• Posted: Dec 23, 2017 at 3:08 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Carlsbad, California, United States

Everyone should fill out the page with the fake information and let them run around trying to find people ha ha I got that letter and immediately went on the web.

• Posted: Dec 22, 2017 at 10:25 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Dearborn, Michigan, United States

I was almost scammed by these guys saying it wasn’t to advertise for Apple They sent me a check priority mail for 2500.00 The Check was from a real estate agency in Nj so I called and the lady said someone got into her account and is sending all these checks out I was the 5th person I am so glad I didn’t fall for this.

Then they actually sent me a text three days later I told them I turned their check into the post master and that they are aware of the fraud scam they are doing I really hope people look into this because they really make it look real . I should of known Apple don’t need people to drive around with therebcars wrapped.
    Scammed in Edison NJ

• Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Odessa, Texas, United States

I had set up an ad on Craigslist for a specific service I was offering and this is the response I get:

"Inbox: HI reply to surfer4521@gmail.com if you are still looking for job

(No other info was given so I replied. I was offering to clean homes)

Their reply as follows;

From: Sarah Just

Thanks for getting back, we are seeking the whole world wide, by
    driving his or her car for advertisement for new iphone 8, and earn
    $500 per week, if you are interested you will need to provide your
    full name and address, and your age, with the name of your car or
    truck"

Yea.... NO. Ain’t falling into that.

• Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 7:38 PM by info

Receive via email:

"This is what they texted me:

"Good day Tephanie. My name is Kathleen Bartels a Rep from Apple iPhone Advert Company. You applied to use your car to advertise for our company. Are you still interested? If yes Check your Email for the further instruction sent to you and write back asap"

"Hello Tephanie how are you? USPS confirmed to us that the payment of $1395 sent to you had been delivered today Here is the USPS tracking number 9405501699320141343946 Pls confirm to us you receive it and check your Email for the instruction,, And if you like we can resend instruction through here"

"Hello Tephanie how are you? USPS confirmed to us that the payment of $1395 sent to you had been delivered today Here is the USPS tracking number 9405501699320141344455 Pls confirm to us you receive it and check your Email for the instruction,, And if you like we can resend instruction through here"

I then received a check for that amount and went to my bank to show them the check and of course if was a fake but I then tried to report it through them, they don’t have any way to or anyone to report for this crime, and I came across this online story."

• Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 2:56 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Sacramento, California, United States

I did my home work, declined but still received a bogus check. The check was drawn on Acre Title Co, in MD but was mailed from
    A large freight moving co, Proline in LOs Amgelrs. Seems like this scam has multiplayer agencies.

• Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 9:53 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Culpeper, Virginia, United States

Here is another scam, do not follow the instructions in it:

"Good day, We like to bring to your notice that our representative have
    mail out payment to your residence address provided;And we have been
    informed that Payment of $2700 was send to you that will cover the
    decal expenses and your first week payment and for your "APPLE
    ADVERTISING "Auto wrap Advertisement which which as been delivered to
    you this morning via (USPS) So please check your mailbox today.

You are to take the Check to your Bank to have it deposit for 24hours
    till tomorrow/next business working day, when cash would be available.
    Once the payment clear into your account, deduct $500 as your weekly
    wages and the rest balance should be deposit into the expert carrying
    the advert on your Car, so they can make all the necessary arrangement
    for the supplies needed for the wrap placement,Note: APPLE ADVERTISING
    will take full responsibility for placing and remove decal on your
    car and it will not resort to any damage. And also you are entitle to
    receive $500 weekly wages for you carrying out our decal on your Car
    and upon the process for the wrap placement, you will receive an
    agreement form to sign by the specialist the same day the wrap will
    take place at your residence.

Acknowledge receipt of this email immediately.

Kind Regards."

• Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 11:55 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: reed5533ed
    Date: October 27, 2017 at 12:32:28 PM EDT
    Subject: WE GOT YOUR APPLICATION

Hello,

We are please to inform you that you meet our laid out plans for
    this advertisement as your information has been received. Below are
    some questions you need to answer before we can proceed.

How long do you intend to carry the advert on your car 1 month or 2 months?
    Do you use your car everyday?
    Your upfront payment would made after you have sent a reply with
    answer to the questions above and a confirmation email saying we
    should go ahead and mail out funds..

Note: Apple iPhone ® will take full responsibility for placing and
    remove decal on your car and it will not resort to any damage. Also we
    have OUT-SOURCED the payment of funds to you to another Agency, so please
    do not be alarmed by the payment not coming directly from
    Apple iPhone ®.

Acknowledge receipt of this email immediately."

• Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 10:29 PM by info

Here is another scam:

----- Forwarded Message -----
    From: Diann Stacy
    Sent: Monday, October 2, 2017 7:39 PM
    Subject: Paid To Drive Concept By Apple

Hello, Will you allow Apple to put a small sticker on your CAR OR TRUCK and get $500 weekly, click on this link for more details hxxps://goo.gl/LZ7GgC

• Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 8:09 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I got the same email and now I have this check for $2850.00 what should I do? Should I go to the police about it?

• Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 8:34 AM by info

You can if you want to, but you can just destroy it.

• Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 11:56 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Calabash, North Carolina, United States

I received that text on my iPhone about advertising the iphone8. The check came by FedEx. It had the guidestone financial resources and their actual address in Texas on the check. I am familiar with them, they are a huge Christian based financial network. So, I mobile deposited it since I use bank of america and it was drawn on them.

I put it in savings. I have enough money in there to cover it, so it was given immediate credit. Some guy called me and texted me or days and harrassed me to send money to these so called specialists. I knew it was a scam then. I did nothing with the money, of course, it bounced.

The bank charged me $12.00. When I called they refunded the $12.00 and advised me to take the check to the police. Since i have the physical check. It appalls me that they are using a christian organizations name to commit this fraud. Be advised everyone. They got nothing but a text about being a scammer. Never heard from him again. Fooled that time. I was to smart for him.
    sounded good though!

Have a great day!
    Nellie in North Carolina.

• Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 3:02 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Eniola Maja
    Date: August 29, 2017 at 1:13:20 PM PDT
    Subject: Paid To Drive Concept By Apple Logo And Earn $500 Weekly

We received your email and you do qualify to carry the APPLE on your vehicle. As you know this has been OUT-SOURCED to an agency and we have forwarded your details to the agency, so we are currently working with them on sending out the fund to you to get the Advert placed on your vehicle.

Please note that the Check payment will be sent to you to cover your first week salary of $500. And also the Specialist fund will be
    included, you will have it deposited when the Check clears which will be in a day or two, you are to deduct your $500 and the rest will be going to the Specialist that will be responsible for the Advert placement on your vehicle, we will also send you the information to send it to and Instruction with details that will guide you on the proceeding for the decal to be placed as soon as the upfront payment has been delivered to you.

We will get back to you shortly with the Tracking number once the payment is in the mail via US Postal Service, as soon as we have it from the Agency it was OUT-SOURCED to.

Acknowledge the receipt of this email immediately.

Kind Regards!
    ®APPLEMotor Corporation, USA. All rights reserved.."

• Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 1:43 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Sonora, California, United States

jentmaki101@gmail.com, that's their email.

• Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 7:45 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I received a check for 1,950. Telling me to take out 550 and send the rest through Walmart so that the person putting the logo on my car can get the rest of the money. Did anybody do this actually got the 550 and drive their car? And did this and receive another check the following week got that. Next 550 check from apple.

• Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Worcester, Massachusetts, United States

8727772826 just texted me the same information and once I sent them the photo of the scam alert page, they stopped replying.

• Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 11:42 AM by info

Here is some more information about the scam below:

"From: john edward
    Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:33 PM
    Subject: Re: Paid To Drive Concept By Apple - jason waller

Hello,

We are please to inform you that you meet our laid out plans for this advertisement as your information has been received. Below are some questions you need to answer before we can proceed.

How long do you intend to carry the advert on your car 1 month or 2 months?
    Do you use your car everyday?

Your upfront payment would made after you have sent a reply with answer to the questions above and a confirmation email saying we should go ahead and mail out funds.

Note: Apple IPhone® will take full responsibility for placing and remove decal on your car and it will not resort to any damage. Also we have OUT-SOURCED the payment of funds to you to another Agency, so please do not be alarmed by the payment not coming directly from Apple IPhone®.

Acknowledge receipt of this email immediately.

Kind Regards! Apple IPhone® Corporation, USA. All rights reserved"

• Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 10:13 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Waycross, Georgia, United States

Hello! I just recieved one a few days ago came with a tracking number.

• Posted: Jun 17, 2017 at 11:32 AM by info

Received via email:

Good afternoon, I am forwarding a text msg I received this morning regarding paid to drive for Apple. I will not be cashing the check.

"Fwd: Hi jason,

My name is Robert Ching and am representing Apple and I just want to let you know Mr. John Edward is on Vacation now and will not be able to contact you for now. So just want to let you know the check will deliver to you today and here is the tracking #9405501699320121300907"

Came from phone number 478 227 6095. The first text on Wednesday came from 951 468 5109 John Edward was the name used.

Jason.

• Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 9:33 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States

How can we prosecute these people?

• Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 11:48 AM by info

We will have to find them first, which is usually very difficult because they are using technology to cover their tracks.

• Posted: Jun 1, 2017 at 6:31 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I received this email:
    You can earn $500 weekly by carrying an advert on your vehicle (truck, bike, car, SUV, Van etc.) for Apple Promotion Program! If you would like more information please click on this link below for further details. hxxps://form.jotform.us/71505602526147

• Posted: May 27, 2017 at 1:29 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Providence, Rhode Island, United States

I have received this email, now that I know it's a scam when the check arrives I am going to meet the scammer with the AGs office and take them down. Stay tuned for the ending. I will post the results.

• Posted: May 24, 2017 at 11:42 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Santa Rosa, California, United States

I just received three MoneyGram in the amount of $990.00 from Matthew Snodgrass. and was asked to text him when they were deposited to my checking account.... what do I do now?
    I should have looked this up before.... can he get into my cell phone as I did send him a text.

• Posted: May 24, 2017 at 11:44 AM by info

No, he cannot get into your cell phone. You may destroy the checks or report them to your local authority.

• Posted: May 22, 2017 at 10:44 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Piney Flats, Tennessee, United States

Just signed up for this and today received three $990 each money orders to deposit into my account. With just a typed letter. I took photos of everything for documentation. Think the email showed up in my email.

I'm highly upset considering how broke and hard we are having it currently living on a fixed income, SSI. Seemed too good to be true. I have everything here, what should I do with the items? Didn't seem legit to have to mess with my bank account. Made me suspicious.

• Posted: May 27, 2017 at 8:19 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Modesto, California, United States

I received the 3 money orders today for $990 each. I have no intention of cashing them. The way it came is very suspicious to me. Not sure what I am going to do. But I am not going to cash them.

• Posted: May 8, 2017 at 11:02 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Caleb Sprankle
    Date: Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:24 AM
    Subject: Paid to drive concepts - Accepted.

Hello Iman,

Congratulations once again, I am happy to inform you that you have successfully been entered into the program. An expert, who will meet you has been allocated to install the decals on your car. You will therefore receive your payment alongside the money that will be paid to the national car detailer(expert) in the mail. So when you get the payment, you will take out your first week pay of $300 and give the rest to the detailer. This is to afford mutual relationship between you and the detailer. A Money Order payment of $2,000.00 would be mailed to you to cover your money and the detailer's money.

In view of this, please confirm the following details:

How long do you intend to carry the advertisement on your car? One(1) month, two(2) months or three(3) months?
    Do you use your car everyday?
    Also reconfirm your name and address as it should be on the money order payment and also where your payment should be mailed.

You are to be checking your email daily for updates and while your check will arrive in the mail.

Regards,

Caleb Sprankle."

• Posted: May 5, 2017 at 10:47 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Los Angeles, California, United States

Yep, totally fake. I applied for a job on a website on seen on FB. The site must be compromised and the scammers got my info. I thought it was legit because I had applied through a site on FB. Was all excited because I need the added income. Got my fake check yesterday and am so disappointed. Beware of sites even if it's through FB. Either the site is totally fake or they are legit, just hacked. Not too happy about my info floating around out there. 👎👎👎👎👎

• Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 1:36 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Apple Inc.
    Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 11:22 AM
    Subject: Re: Paid To Drive Concept By Apple - Jay Michael Kinsey

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that you meet our laid out plans for this advertisement as your information has been received. Below are some questions you need to answer before we can proceed.

How long do you intend to carry the advert on your car 1 month or 3 months?
    Do you use your car every day?

Have you crashed a car between March 2017 till date?

Apple will take full responsibility for placing and remove decal on your car and it will not resort to any damage. Also we have OUT-SOURCED the payment of funds to you..

© 2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
    www.apple.com"