Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
Previous Next

Beware of "Publishers Clearing House(PCH) Grant Donation" Scam

2018-02-28T02:14:03 -  +
Beware of "Publishers Clearing House(PCH) Grant Donation" Scam

The "PCH Grant Donation" email below is a scam. Therefore, recipients of the same email which claim they have won such a donation are asked to delete it because it is being sent by lottery scammers. The aim of the scammers is to deceive their potential victims into thinking they are the real Publishers Clearing House, but they are NOT! The real Publishers Clearing House would NEVER ask their winners for money or personal information for any reason to claim a grant, donation, sweepstakes prize award.

Advertisements

The "Publishers Clearing House(PCH) Grant Donation" Scam

From: "Wright, Tracy" <Tracy_Wright@comcast.com>

Date: February 16, 2018 at 2:05:50 PM CST

Subject: Batch#: 1192920103

Reply-To: "pchgrant018@hotmail.com" <pchgrant018@hotmail.com>

Email Reference#: 028291902.

Batch#: 1192920103.

Your email id have won you Grant Prize from the PCH Grant Donation dated 16th of February 2018.

To redeem prize

Publishers Clearing House(

reply back with your name and address.

Congratulations!

PCH)

Publishers Clearing House (PCH) is a direct marketing company that markets merchandise and magazine subscriptions with sweepstakes, prize-based game, search, and lottery websites.

Publishers Clearing House (PCH) does not ask for bank account or other financial information. There is no processing fee, tax or special handling charge required to win. The Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes prizes are delivered free of charge to the winners.

How to Determine if you are being Scammed

If you are contacted by someone claiming to represent Publishers Clearing House, or claiming to be a PCH employee and asked to send or wire money, send a pre-paid gift card or a Green Dot MoneyPak card, or cash a check and send a portion back to him/her as payment for any reason to claim a Sweepstakes prize, it is a scam.

The scammers’ preferred method of sending money is through Western Union, MoneyGram, Green Dot MoneyPak card. This is because those methods of sending money make it virtually impossible for the victims to get back their money.

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Advertisements
Comments, Questions and Reviews

To help protect your privacy, please do not post or remove, your full name, telephone number, email address, username, password, account number, credit card information, home address or other sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. And, when you post a comment or review, we will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.

• Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 1:54 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Someone called me and he said I won in publisher clearing house and he asked me to deposit $260 and I can get the money worth of $ 250,000.

When I ask him that if I really won and why should I give $250 to him, he just to claim I have won the money. His name is John Wilson.

• Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 2:03 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Lincoln, Nebraska, United States

I think I been scammed by someone using the name of Luis. Don't friend him.

• Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 11:09 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Hesperia, California, United States

I was told to text a number and I got a lady who says she's my agent and all I do is complete the information and claim my grant.

I will send money for the fees and men will come to deliver my cash. THis sounds phishy. what are your thougths?

• Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 12:16 PM by info

It is a scam.

• Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 10:35 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Belize City, Belize, Belize

Two scammer are Ms Carter Phillip$$ and William Clynden

• Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 1:11 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States

I was approached by an old friend that moved to Florida. The minute she told me I would have to pay$ to get the grant I figured it was a scam. That’s when I checked on line, beware they use your friends,

• Posted: Sep 29, 2018 at 8:03 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Cedar Park, Texas, United States

I was contacted on messenger from a friend talking about a grant from PCH with a link to an “agent” s Facebook page saying it was the application form. I don't know what to do about it.

• Posted: Sep 29, 2018 at 8:06 AM by info

Just ignore the message. Your friend's account may have been compromised and is being used by cybercriminals to send you the messages. So, call your friend on the telephone to verify.

• Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 10:21 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Waco, Texas, United States

I was contacted last night on messenger by a person claiming to be Howie G.

• Posted: Sep 25, 2018 at 8:50 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Sheridan, Arkansas, United States

I have started getting scams through FaceBook Messenger. It starts out as a friendly message from someone I know and then the next message is asking if I have heard about the PCH grants and I realize it wasn't from my friend at all so I just delete it.

• Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 9:33 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States

I got a message from PCH saying I won $850.000 dollars to send my given name adress Phone # and gender.

• Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 12:43 PM by info

They are using this email address: claimsdeskonlinepch@usa.com

• Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 11:00 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Arlington, Texas, United States

"Congratulation on winning 850,000.00 USD in our 2018 Pch Lotto.
    Kindly send your contacts to
    claimsdeskonlinepch@usa.com
    *Given Names:
    *Address:
    *Telephone:
    *Gender:
    *Age:
    Publishers Clearing House

© Copyright 2018 Publishers Clearing House. All Rights Reserved

Only thing is that PCHLOTO is in lower case letters."

Assume since PCH themselves say that they never contact winners through email or calls, that this is a scam.

• Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 4:10 AM by info

It is a scam.

• Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 10:57 AM by info

Received this scam:

"The Publishers Clearing House money Grant Program it's a special program to assisting the old, retired, workers, non-worker, youth, business enterprises and disable with cash, Are you aware?

No didn’t know they had that type of program. How do I find out more about it??

I got $30,000 delivered to me at my doorstep within 24hrs when i
    applied for it, and you don't have to pay it back!

You can apply and got it too?

How do I apply?"

• Posted: Sep 7, 2018 at 5:54 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Croydon, England, United Kingdom

My cousin has just been hacked on facebook regarding this PCH scam. All of my cousin's contacts knew something was not right.

• Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 8:46 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Independence, Ohio, United States

I just received a message to send all my info and claim number to claimsdeskonlinepch.com

• Posted: Sep 1, 2018 at 10:28 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Pickens, South Carolina, United States

We got scammed out of 2500 by a man NAMED Dino Brent Orisno he guaranteed our money we was referred by a old and dear friend and even 4 family members.

Now we feel stupid and our bill's are behind. He was pushy and rude telling us we had to come up with 7500 dollars for delivery fees, sale our car take out loans and we paid with Google play cards.

Were we stupid and gullible for trusting people. I can guarantee I will never trust anyone again.

• Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 3:39 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Kimberly French
    Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:06 AM
    Subject: "REFERENCE#: 773637183

PCH SWEEPSTAKES NOTICE DATED 22/08/2018
    WINNING#: 99338193
    REFERENCE#: 773637183

You have won $1 Million from the PCH Grant Sweepstakes dated 22nd of August 2018. For claims contact our fiduciary agent on email address ( grtpch18@gmail.com ) providing your name and current address.

Congratulations!
    (Publishers Clearing House)"

• Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 3:28 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Fargo, North Dakota, United States

I got this one too.

• Posted: Aug 22, 2018 at 9:46 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Gallatin, Tennessee, United States

Same scam:

"REFERENCE#: 773637183
    Kimberly French
    Today, 9:39 AM

PCH SWEEPSTAKES NOTICE DATED 22/08/2018

WINNING#: 99338193

REFERENCE#: 773637183

You have won $1 Million from the PCH Grant Sweepstakes dated 22nd of August 2018. For claims contact our fiduciary agent on email address ( 34343pch@gmail.com ) providing your name and current address.

Congratulations!

(Publishers Clearing House)

• Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 11:46 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I had the same sort of message through an IM on FaceBook of a dear friend. Interestingly, the FB friend announced he had been hacked a week ago and today I get an IM that tells me he's blessed (should be blest) to have won money and it reads: Its the Global Grants Funds Compensation & Appeals Program in affiliation with FB and Publisher Clearing House(PCH).

They had FedEx delivered $100,000 shortly after reaching them and contacted their licensed agent but I saw your name displayed next to your profile picture in their list when I had to sign for mine.

I saw it when they brought the PCH winnings to my doorstep
    It was listed among the unclaimed wjnners.

The Program is specifically design for Facebook USERS & the random draw was done through our fb pages which qualified us for the draw automatically .

I logged off fearing they would compromised my account, too.

• Posted: Aug 12, 2018 at 4:52 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States

I received a FB friend request from someone I was already friends with sent message asking if I knew about a PCH federal grant program.

Gave me phone number to text 1-509-285-6759 ▪agent Larry Kay.

• Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 4:29 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

I am glad you finally post it about the scam

• Posted: Aug 11, 2018 at 4:12 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

They tried to scam me by sending them $5000 worth of prepaid credit cards from I-tunes to get $450,000.

• Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 11:46 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Rockledge, Florida, United States

A friend said she got $150,000.00 in cash delivered by UPS. She said she saw my name and picture as a winner. Told me to contact a man named Matthew Williams who is associated with PokerStar Mega Bonus at
    Www.facebook .com/profile.php?id=100026575342447
    Is this a scam?

• Posted: Aug 10, 2018 at 1:15 PM by info

Yes, it is a scam.

• Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 10:03 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Mary Smith told me I had won a Grant in conjunction with the Publishers Clearing House.

In order to have the money delivered to my door step I needed $800 to send to her so she can prepare my winning certificate which I will show to the FedEx delivery agent. Also I need to give the delivery agent $800 for shipping and delivery. Is this how the scam works?

• Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 12:06 AM by info

Yes, that is how the scam works.

• Posted: Jul 18, 2018 at 2:14 PM by info

Here is another scam:
    -- -- -- --

From: Nillo, Arnold O.
    Sent: July 18, 2018 1:06 AM
    Subject: Reference#: PCH8110293923.

Desk of Publishers Clearing House.
    Notification of PCH Grant Promo Dated 17th of July, 2018.
    Reference#: PCH8110293923.
    Grant Prize: ($1,000,000.00)

You have won the ongoing PCH grant donation prize Dated 16th of July, 2018.

To claim prize send your complete name and recent address to our agent
    on this specified email address: pchinquiriesdesk27@hotmail.com

Yours,
    Publishers Clearing House

• Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 6:16 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Koller, Bonnie
    Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 11:13 AM
    Subject: Ref#: PCH8373819234.

From The Desk of Publishers Clearing House.
    Notification of PCH Grant Promo Dated 16th of July, 2018.
    Grant Reference#: PCH8373819234.
    Grant Prize: ($1,000,000.00)

You have won the ongoing PCH grant donation prize Dated 16th of July, 2018.

To claim prize send your complete name and recent address to our agent
    on this specified email address: debholl-pchinquiries@hotmail.com

Yours,
    Publishers Clearing House"

• Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 9:14 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Mesa, Arizona, United States

I got the same e-mail today and I see that it is a scam.

• Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 10:28 PM by an anonymous user from or near: New York, United States

Got a similar email today, only asked for name and address. How do they make money on that?

• Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 11:33 PM by info

They first collect your personal information, keep it and/or sell it to other scammers. The scammers will then contact you and attempt to trick you into sending them money for some so-called lottery prize.

• Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 7:58 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States

I have been in contact with a supposed PCH agent, his name is Wilson Thomos for grant money, he told me that I am a winner but to verify my case file I need to send him the codes for 650 dollars in I tune gift cards, is this legitimate or a scam, a friend claims that he did it and got 45,000. dollars

• Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 9:06 PM by info

It is a scam.

• Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 8:37 PM by an anonymous user from or near: New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States

I'm on messenger right now with a new friend, who was friends with other people I know. I know it's a scam and I told him so right off.

• Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 6:42 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Udall, Kansas, United States

I have a PCH rep calling me and telling me I won 3.5 mil and I need to wire 52,500.00 to some where in Indiana.

They sent me a brief case with combination that supposedly has a lot of cash and a certificate with my winnings.

I am supposed to get the combination and look at the contents for 5 seconds. I have told them I won't give them anything until someone arrives at my place and hands me everything I have supposedly won. Comments

• Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 11:15 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Avinash Bramandlapalli
    Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 3:02 PM
    Subject: Ref#: 436371233

PCH Grant Notice Dated 1st of July, 2018.

You have won a grant donation prize of ($1,000,000.00) with your Email Ref#: 436371233 and Batch#: PCH77383812.

To redeem prize send your name and address to our agent on email address: pch65321@gmail.com

Congratulations!

(Publishers Clearing House)"

• Posted: Jun 26, 2018 at 7:31 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Portland, Oregon, United States

Received this:

"PUBLISHERS CLEARANCE HOUSE{PCH} AWARDS!!!

Serial Number: 472976879
    Your Email address Won: $1,000,000.00USD
    Contact: elizabethhanks45@gmail.com for claim with:
    NAME/ ADDRESS/ OCCUPATION/ AGE/ SEX/ TEL NUMBER/ SERIAL NUMBER.

Regards, Elizabeth Hanks {Online Co-Ordinator ©2018}"

• Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 7:26 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Roanoke, Alabama, United States

I got the same scam attempt today as Jackie. This came through a friend's FB acct via messenger. Noticed my friend was dropping words we that speak English don't do. Quickly he let me know he won $250k and having house built in Miami. He said I saw your name on the list, you probably won too. They claimed to be from pch pokerstars mega bonus commission association. They tried to get me to send $1500.00 via wire xfer, western union even cash deposit.
    Scam big time

• Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 7:16 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Roanoke, Alabama, United States

I got the same scam attempt today from pch pokerstars mega bonus commission. It came through a friend's FB acct via messenger.
    I guess they hacked his acct. I thought I was talking to my friend until I noticed words being dropped in sentences. Early in the conversation, he told me he won 250k and he saw my name on the list. (On a list I never entered).

Well, he gave me her contact info and of course I won. $250k. To get the money I had to send $1500.00 via wire xfer money gram or western union for fees taxes. I was told to not tell anyone about this until I received my money else I'd be disqualified. Another thing was said in their msg was they got my information from the federal government. What?!
    Scam big time.

• Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 9:56 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Cooperstown, New York, United States

I was told by an extremely reliable friend that she had received this grant/prize and that she had seen my name on the list so assumed I had as well. It seemed believable as we had only recently become friends so the coincidence was possible.

She forwarded me HER contact site. I started contact but was of course skeptical. I googled and found this site. However, it still continued to seem real until the dreaded......you must send money to verify who you are. They wanted $1650. The "person" I had been messaging is Barbara A. Weaver on Facebook claiming to work at Federal Government Free Grant. The web address forwarded to me by my apparent winning friend was

• Posted: May 31, 2018 at 12:30 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Oakland, California, United States

The scammers are starting to use Instagram. Been asked to fill out a form. oh, my goodness. Get a job. I work 65 hours a week.scammers would it really kill you to do some manual labor? Pathetic bunch as my grandma would say.

• Posted: May 27, 2018 at 12:13 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States

Hello,

A friend of mine win a $250,000 grant from Publisher's Clearing house. She paid an Itunes prepaid card $500. and she did receive her money. Is this a scam or is it real? Will she have to pay that money back, at sometime in the future?

The reason I'm asking is because she messaged me that I was also a winner of $250,000 from Publisher's Clearing House. She gave me the information to contact them.

I messaged them: Agent Dave Sayer:
    PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE POKER-START MEGA BONUS COMMISSION AND MILLIONS ASSOCIATION.

My name is still on the list. I'm not supposed to disclose this information or I will be disqualified.

They gave me a reference number, batch number, ticket number and serial number;
    I need to pay a case file fee and your delivery fee. These fees are for tax clearance and delivery fees.

They think that I'm still out of the country, so I still have time to claim.
    Is this a scam or real?
    HELP!!!!!
    Thank you, Jackie.

• Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 6:56 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Roanoke, Alabama, United States

I received this same scam attempt today. It came through a friend's facebook acct on messenger. I noticed my he was leaving words out of a sentence, giving me instant clue, English was not their first language.
      He also gave me the contact for Theresa May. Tried to get 1500.00. All the same as my friend above.

• Posted: May 27, 2018 at 1:34 PM by info

It is a scam. Once you are asked to pay with an iTunes prepaid card, it is a scam.

And, remember, never send money in order to receive a lottery prize. Legitimate lottery companies will never ask you to send money or other forms of payment to receive a prize.

• Posted: May 31, 2018 at 1:01 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States

I know it is a scam, but how do you explain the fact that the scammer sent her the money. Is the money a high interest loan, counterfeit or money laundering? What do you think?
        I would like to Email the FBI and try to help them catch this person, but they do not have email, I would have to call.
        Thanks!

• Posted: May 31, 2018 at 2:11 PM by info

Ask yourself these questions:

How do you know who you are talking to?
          How do you know that the person who you are talking to is telling the truth?

And, PCH will never ask winners to send money or personal information in order to receive their prize.

• Posted: May 31, 2018 at 3:18 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States

You are correct.

• Posted: May 15, 2018 at 5:09 AM by info

Here is another scam:

-----Original Message-----
    From: Taylor, Mark
    Sent: 11 May 2018 02:34
    To: Undisclosed recipients:
    Subject: Batch#: PCH77362713.

Ref#: 028291931.

Batch#: PCH77362713.

You have won the Publishers Clearing House Grant Promo Dated 10th of May
    2018.

To claim prize send your name and address to our agent on address:
    dholland218@hotmail.com

Yours,
    (Publishers Clearing House)

• Posted: May 12, 2018 at 4:31 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Thornleigh, New South Wales, Australia

I too have had an approach. It comes from Messenger, from the account of a Lea Crombie. The face (and name) is that of a Lea Crombie whom I used to know. Of course, whether her account has been hacked I'm in no position to tell.

This is the conversation so far (after a brief exchange and many years silence):

Lea: Glad to hear from you am doing pretty good we hope you heard about the PCH program ?

Me: Nope

Lea: I meant the cash donated to randomly selected people by the Publishers Clearing House and the PokerStar Mega Bonus Association to help and support people financially.....You've not gotten yours?

Me: Never heard of it, Lea.

Lea: Let me explain, I won $100,000. I got it in cash and it was brought to my door step..When I was giving my signature on their list I saw your name as a winner too?

Me: Ah. Well... lucky me, I guess.

Lea: I think you we have to contact the online claiming agent in charge of this program do you know how to do that?

I haven't responded further. All I can add is that the Lea Crombie I knew (and the face on Messenger is the same) knew how to write. This person doesn't.

• Posted: May 12, 2018 at 12:36 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Merritt Island, Florida, United States

Is this a scam?

"FRM:Maxim, Sandy
    MSG:You have won 1 Million from the PCH Grant Promo. To claim contact our agent here: dholland218@hotmail.com"

• Posted: May 12, 2018 at 2:47 PM by info

Yes, it is a scam.

• Posted: May 11, 2018 at 10:34 AM by info

Received via email:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: May 11, 2018 10:03 AM
    Subject: PCH Grant Scam

I was contacted through Instagram regarding a PCH Grant and told to contact attorney Phil Kent at 509-207-4754 to claim my grant and pay a processing fee.

• Posted: May 11, 2018 at 9:52 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Zephyrhills, Florida, United States

I have received a text message on my cell phone:

From: taylorm@tcunion.org
    "You have won the PCH Grant Promo. To claim contact our agent: dholland218@hotmail.com"

• Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 5:47 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: "Boehler, Mary A. (US-POC1)"
    Date: April 11, 2018 at 5:12:00 PM MDT
    To: Undisclosed recipients:;
    Subject: Batch#: P83728133.

Email Ref#: 43517391

Batch#: P83728133.

You have won the Publishers Clearing House Grant Promo Dated 10th of April 2018. To claim
    prize send your name and address to our agent on address: agntdebh-pch18@outlook.com"

• Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 9:46 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Birmingham, Alabama, United States

I was messenger by a acquaintance who said I should text this number 7155756516 and say a friend told me to text and claim my grant. Strange still do not understand it would not let send it so I guess that was a good thing

• Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 5:42 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: "Simmons, Ingrid"
    Date: 17 March 2018 at 20:56:02 GMT
    To: Undisclosed recipients:;
    Subject: 833828211.

PCH Grant Notice Dated 3/17/2018.

Email Ref#: PGT83929561.

Batch#: 833828211.

Grant Amount: 1,000,000 USD.

You have won the PCH Grant Promo. To claim send your name and address to our agent on address: pchinquiry18@gmail.com

Publishers Clearing House(PCH)"

• Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 7:18 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Augusta, Georgia, United States

Receive the same as above this morning.

• Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 7:46 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

I just received this:

"PCH Grant Notice Dated 3/12/2018.

Email Ref#: PCHG26371833.

Batch#: 553617173.

Grant Amount: 1,000,000 USD.

You have won the PCH Grant Promo. To claim send your name and address to our agent on address: pchgrant018@hotmail.com

Publishers Clearing House(PCH)"

• Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 7:28 PM by an anonymous user from or near: North Hollywood, California, United States

I received this afternoon an email from Matthew Parsons from PCH telling me I have won the PCH grant promo of 1000,000usd,and to claim it, to send my name and address to the PCH agent on address:pch grant 018@hotmail.com. Is this how PCH inform winners? or this a scam?

• Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 12:54 AM by info