"Your 2018 Subsidy Benefit" Australian Government Department of Human Services Phishing Scams
Remember, The Australian Government Department of Human Services will never send email messages to Australians asking them to respond with their personal or financial information.
Sample of the “Your 2018 Subsidy Benefit” Australian Government Department of Human Services Scam
From: "Australian Government Department of Human Services" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 at 20:41
Subject: email@example.com - Subsidy benefit - Message ID: M1ZTNV
Australian Government Department of Human Services
*** THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES SUBSIDY BENEFIT ALLOCATION ***
The Department of Human Services is pleased to notify your attention of your qualification for subsidy benefit.
In order to affirm your eligibility, simply reply to this securemage result for security lock imagesmessage with the following details as listed below & you will be notified shortly.
Given name (first only):
Date of Birth (dd/mm/yyyy):
Tax File Number:
Complete Address (Street number & name/Suburb/State/Postcode):
Enter at least 2 of the information listed below correctly
1. Dividends statement (one from the last 2 years) Enter the investment reference number from
your dividend statement (no spaces or '/' symbols, e.g. X0011223344) :
2. Notice of assessment (one from the last 5 years) Enter the date of issue from your notice of assessment (DD/MM/YYYY):
& Enter the sequence or our reference number from your notice of assessment (no spaces) :
3. PAYG summary (one from the last 2 years) Enter the gross amount (no spaces or "$" "." symbols, e.g. $48,000.00 enter 48000):
4. Centrelink payment summary (one from the last 2 years) Enter the taxable income amount from your Centrelink payment summary (no spaces or "$" "." symbols, e.g. $48,000.00 enter 48000):
5. Enter either a bank account your income tax refund was paid into for the last financial year, or an interest bearing investment account from the last 2 years.
& Enter Account Number:
©2018 Commonwealth of Australia | Department of Human Services ABN 90 794 605 008
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Show More Comments (5)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.