"David Jim Brown Abandoned Shipment" Scam

"David Jim Brown Abandoned Shipment" Scam

Would you share this Article with others?

Online users who have received the email below from a so-called "David Jim Brown" regarding an abandoned shipment are asked to delete it. This is because the email is a fake and is being sent by online scammers to their potential victims, to trick them into sending money for a package or shipment that doesn't exist.

The "David Jim Brown Abandoned Shipment" Scam

From: David Jim Brown <davidjimch@gmail.com>

Date: Wed, Mar 14, 2018, 9:57 PM

Subject: SHIPMENT

Dear owner,

I am David Jim Brown, Head Officer-in-Charge, Administrative Service Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agency in Harts field-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered an abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from United Kingdom which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Atlanta, and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in 2 Metal Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 130kg.

The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect/classified document to either avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent or confiscation by the relevant authorities. The diplomat's inability to pay for Non Inspection fees among other things are the reason why the consignment is delayed and abandoned.By my assessment, each of the boxes contains about $4M or more.They are still left in the airport storage facility till today.

The Consignments like I said are two metal trunk boxes weighing about 65kg each (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) effective capacity: 680 L) Approximately. The details of the consignment including your name and email on the official document from United Nations' office in London where the shipment was tagged as personal effects/classified document is still available with us. As it stands now, you have to reconfirm your full name, Phone Number, full address so I can cross-check and see if it corresponds with the one on the official documents. It is now left to you to decide if you still need the consignment or allow us repatriate it back to UK (place of origin) as we were instructed.

As I did say again, the shipper abandoned it and ran away most importantly because he gave a false declaration, he could not pay for the yellow tag, he could not secure a valid non inspection document(s), etc. I am ready to assist you in any way I can for you to get back this packages provided you will also give me something out of it (financial gratification). You can either come in person, or you engage the services of a secure shipping/delivery Company/agent that will provide the necessary security that is required to deliver the package to your doorstep or the destination of your choice. I need all the guarantee that I can get from you before I can get involved in this project.

Best Regards,

David Jim Brown

Head Officer-in-Charge

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts.

• September 9, 2019 at 5:56 PM by an anonymous user from Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I just receive the same email... I deleted it.

• July 29, 2019 at 11:40 AM by info

"From: David JIM Brown <wilsondavid.12@aol.com>

Date: July 26, 2019 at 4:26 AM

Subject: Delivery of your consignment

Dear owner,

United Nations Inspection Agency in Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia.

By my assessment, each of the boxes contains about $8M or more. They are still left in the airport storage facility till today. The Consignments like I said are two metal trunk boxes weighing about 65kg each (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) effective capacity: 680 L) Approximately. The details of the consignment including your name and email on the official document from United Nations' office in London where the shipment was tagged as personal effects/classified document is still available with us. As it stands now, you have to reconfirm your full name, Phone Number, full address so I can cross-check and see if it corresponds with the one on the official documents. It is now left to you to decide if you still need the consignment or allow us repatriate it back to UK

(place of origin) as we were instructed.

Contact [davidjimbrown15@gmail.com]

Best Regards,

David Jim Brown"

Here is another scam.

• May 17, 2019 at 11:42 AM by an anonymous user from Sheridan, Wyoming, United States

I have been in constant contact with an individual who swears his name is being used without his permission. He requires $5000 in order to release my package. I told him I found his name on these scam alert sites and swears someone is using his name.

Which authorities can I contact to find out to see if my package is actually being held and if it is, is it legal for an authority to with hold my package for his own person monetary gain?

• May 17, 2019 at 2:22 PM by info

There is no package.

• April 10, 2019 at 12:14 PM by info

A new email address being used by the scammers: davidjbrown113@gmail.com

• March 11, 2019 at 6:02 AM by an anonymous user from Florence, Alabama, United States

These are some of the email headers for this message. Some very useful information, in particular, the originating IP which is somewhere in Lagos, Nigeria:

Received: from mbkd0321.ocn.ad.jp (mbkd0321.ocn.ad.jp. [153.149.236.22])

by gmr-mx.google.com with ESMTP id k26si41780ioh.5.2019.03.09.13.06.39

for <my-address>;

Sat, 09 Mar 2019 13:06:40 -0800 (PST)

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of jo@proof.ocn.ne.jp designates 153.149.236.22 as permitted sender) client-ip=153.149.236.22;

Received: from mf-smf-ucb020c3 (mf-smf-ucb020c3.ocn.ad.jp [153.153.66.135]) by mbkd0321.ocn.ad.jp (Postfix) with ESMTP id 38CF1B00974; Sun, 10 Mar 2019 06:06:38 0900 (JST)

Received: from ocn-vc-mts-103c1.ocn.ad.jp ([153.138.237.78]) by mf-smf-ucb020c3 with ESMTP id 2jAYhW4LEc71M2jB0hATPn; Sun, 10 Mar 2019 06:06:38 0900

Received: from vcwebmail.ocn.ad.jp ([153.149.227.167]) by ocn-vc-mts-103c1.ocn.ad.jp with ESMTP id 2jAzhR10Rxmyw2jAzhp30j; Sun, 10 Mar 2019 06:06:38 0900

Received: from mzcstore152.ocn.ad.jp (mz-cb152p.ocn.ad.jp [114.147.59.207]) by vcwebmail.ocn.ad.jp (Postfix) with ESMTP; Sun, 10 Mar 2019 06:06:37 0900 (JST)

Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 06:06:37 0900 (JST)

From: "Mr. David Jim Brown" <JO@proof.ocn.ne.jp>

Reply-To: "Mr. David Jim Brown" <moneyunitorunite@gmail.com>

Message-ID: <2050257638.376065151.1552165597505.JavaMail.root@proof.ocn.ne.jp>

Subject: SHIPMENT

X-Originating-IP: [197.210.64.84]

• January 22, 2019 at 5:50 PM by info

The scammers are using these email addresses:

david.wilson2050@gmail.com

headofficeincharge1234@gmail.com

• October 4, 2018 at 2:34 AM by an anonymous user from Swansea, Illinois, United States

my friend sent me his link. told me to send him a friend request and he would help me get a grant.

so I did just that and he asked me to be honest and tell him my full name and address. it took less than a min and he said I would be able to get a grant.

he asked me for 300.00 for fedx to send me my money. he asked me if I would want my grant in cash form or check.

come on m*ron you and so called my friend Amanda rielly are in this same together and I will be getting ahold of my so called friend and let her know what I really think of what she is doing.

she said she did it and got her cash the next day at work from fedx. all I have to say iS WOW1!

• July 2, 2018 at 10:55 AM by info

Here is another scam:

-- -- -- --

From: Andrea Brown <andreab@Oppserv.org>

Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 10:53:02 AM

Subject: Shipment

Hello, Your consignment two metal trunk boxes is ready for shipment please contact for more detail and send your delivery info to davidjimbown11@gmail.com

David Jim Brown

• June 27, 2018 at 5:21 AM by an anonymous user from Slough, England, United Kingdom

Sorry the email of sender is ...

iTunes Store <tglo@letsgetsomemorecoffee.com

• June 27, 2018 at 5:19 AM by an anonymous user from Slough, England, United Kingdom

I got several emails from that "name", but haven't opened as I knew it's SCAM. It's arrived AGAIN TODAY so I just put flag.

Also PLEASE EVERYONE BE AWARE OF THIS EMAILS SENT FROM:

(I got their emails almost regularly (anyone have the same?...)

" iTunes Store <tglo@letsgetsomemorecoffeeunfortunately, there is an issue related for your order #B5MG0L.

Please update your shipping information within 24 hours, to ensure your free order will be shipped still today.

UPDATE SHIPPING INFO

PENDING ITEM(S)

iPhone 7 - 128 GB Airpods

QTY: 1

Ships in 1 to 2 business days.

PRICE: £1.00

PENDING PAYMENT SUMMARY

Payment Method

Subtotal £1399.99

Shipping £1.00

- Area discount - - £1399.99

Total Savings

TOTAL

£1396.99

£1.00

.com>

• June 12, 2018 at 9:51 PM by an anonymous user from Orlando, Florida, United States

I just received the exact email worded exactly the same. He got my name and address but no information about bank accounts. Thank You for this website!

• June 26, 2018 at 7:31 PM by an anonymous user from Peterhead, Scotland, United Kingdom

I answered it.heres what I wrote:

"hI and thanks for letting me know about this.im sure this will be my uncle tommy thats done this when hes had a few too many on the plane he gets nervous!.

im in a generous mood and I give you my consent to keep all monies that is in the boxes for a finders fee.

so just send me £8000 and you can have the 8 million in the boxes.all you need to do is send me your address phone number and bank details,oh and your mothers maiden name too just so we can get to know you better.deal david?."

I love playing with these scammers.

• June 12, 2018 at 8:07 PM by an anonymous user from Trail, Minnesota, United States

I recieved an e-mail from David Brown, I deleted it, I also got a message on my phone about a pkg, left in DC with my name on, I never returned the call.

• June 12, 2018 at 7:37 PM by an anonymous user from Kansas City, Missouri, United States

I received it too. Delete. Scam. Scam. Scam.

• June 12, 2018 at 5:46 PM by an anonymous user from Yuba City, California, United States

I just received this email a few minutes ago. I definitely deleted it.

• June 11, 2018 at 7:56 AM by an anonymous user from Orlando, Florida, United States

I just received this very email scam! I did immediately delete it

• June 2, 2018 at 8:16 AM by an anonymous user from Cordova, Tennessee, United States

Has anyone heard of a Money /Bank Scam involving a Bank called Tributox Investment Bank in Nigeria. The Bank officer's name is Kunlee Badmos.Please give me any details you can.

Thanks,