Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
« »

Beware of "Mrs. Mavis Wanczyk Lottery Donation" Scam

2018-05-09T17:36:31  +
Beware of "Mrs. Mavis Wanczyk Lottery Donation" Scam

Online users are asked to be aware of "Mavis Wanczyk" lottery donation scams. The name of the Massachusetts Powerball Jackpot winner, who won $758,700,000 in the multi-state Powerball lottery game, is being used by scammers in an attempt to trick potential victims into sending money and personal information. The scammers claim their potential victims were randomly selected to receive donations from the lottery winner as part of his charity project. But, Mavis Wanczyk is not randomly donating money to people around the world.

A Sample of the "Mavis Wanczyk Lottery Donation" Scam

Donation

Mon 4/16/2018 3:08 PM

From: Mavis L. Wanczyk andrea.caprioli@izslt.it

Mavis L. Wanczyk

I am Mavis Wanczyk the mega winner of $758.7M In Mega MillionsJackpot, I'm donating to 5 random individuals if you get this email then your email was selected after a spin ball.I have spread most ofmy wealth over a number of charities and organizations. I havevoluntarily decided to donate the sum of $2 Million USD to you as oneof the selected 5, to verify my winnings please see my you tube pagebelow.

Reply with your Full Name, Age, Country and Phone NumberContact me via Email :wanczykm4@gmail.com

Remember, once they (scammers) have received their potential victims' personal information, they will use the information to trick the potential victims into sending money, which they will claim is for some advance fees, which will cover banking and transfer costs, insurance payments or tax that the potential victims need to pay before they can receive the so-called donated money. But, if the victims send their money, the scammers will steal it and may continue to trick the victims into sending more money, with the promise of receiving the donated money the scammers claim they would receive.

Recipients of the Mavis Wanczyk lottery donation scam emails are asked not to respond to or follow the instructions in them. They should just delete the email messages instead.

It is important to remember that when someone contacts you, claiming that you have won the lottery or you are the recipient of millions of dollars, and asks you to send money in order to receive your lottery winnings or prizes, it is a SCAM. Legitimate lottery companies will never ask their winners to send money in order to receive their prizes or winnings. And, why would lottery winners who are allegedly donating millions of dollars to you, want you to send a few hundred or thousand dollars for banking and transfer costs, insurance payments or tax? Well, the money that the scammers want the victims to send, which the scammers claim is for taxes, bank transfer cost, insurance or other expenses, is what the scammers will steal. And, the victims, on the other hand, will never receive the winnings, prizes or money that they were promised.

So, once you are asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam.

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Comments, Questions and Reviews ✍

• Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 12:44 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Norman, Oklahoma, United States

I was fool enough to respond to the first email. This is what was sent in response

"Dear Friend,

Thanks for your Mail to me and my entire family.
    You will have to contact the bank, we have made a check of $3,000,000 US Dollars for you and your family, I have already send your information's online, contact them with your Ref No for easy trace of our file. Ref No. RBS-658-51821-UK . The bank will direct you on what to do to received this donation. They will ask you to open an online paying account with them please do to enable you have full access to your funds online and transfer to any bank account any were in the world.  Mind you they will never ask you for your bank information's if they do please inform me immediately. You are to contact Mr. David Richard  via his email as he will render assistant to you regarding this donation transfer and we have already told him to help you with more guideline. Please make sure you send your Ref No# along with your info to the bank ( Ref No. RBS-658-51821-UK ) e.g your name,address phone No# and our Ref No# to the bank for easy contact.

Please contact the bank to know the status of your transaction now as I am busy in the United Kingdom so the Royal Bank Of Scotland details below and also give them a call.

Mr. David Richard
    44 1322923367
    Email: customerunit@rbosbkplc.com
    Convection / customer care service.
    File: Royal Bank Of Scotland.

I wish you good luck as you transfer your funds from the Bank.

Yours Faithful,
    Mavis Wanczyk"

• Posted: Oct 12, 2018 at 1:34 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Mrs. Mavis L. Wanczyk
    Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 6:40:47 AM
    To: Recipients
    Subject: DONATION CODE: [AUG2317].

Hello,

I'm Mrs. Mavis Wanczyk, the mega winner of $758 Million in Mega Millions Jackpot, I'm donating to 5 random individuals if you get this email then your email was selected after a spin ball. I have spread most of my wealth over a number of charities and organizations. I have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of $2 Million USD to you as one of the selected 5, to verify my winnings please see my you tube page below.

WATCH ME HERE:

THIS IS YOUR DONATION CODE: [AUG2317]

Hope to make you and your family happy.

Regards,

Mrs. Mavis L. Wanczyk."

• Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 11:37 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Oh dearie, dearie me, how silly can some people be?....fools and their money, are easy parted...Motto; Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe 🚣

• Posted: Oct 2, 2018 at 12:28 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Los Angeles, California, United States

I was so close to falling for the Mavis Wanczyk scam. They start out requiring a $450 fee paid through western union for taxes and insurance for FedEx to deliver $50,000 to my door. I clearly couldn't pay that amount and so they agreed to work with me and I was asked if I could pay $50 and promise to pay the rest upon delivery.

Thank God I searched to see if it was a scam :) Its horrible that these scammers are giving people false hope, I'm currently homeless and when I received this on Instagram, I thought for just one second that all my worries were were going to become memories ... so be careful

• Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 4:23 PM by an anonymous user from or near: London, Ontario, Canada

I was homeless too for most of last year (2017) and thought my luck had changed, lol. I am glad I checked her name on facebook and the scam popped up. I hope ur luck changes! mine did and I am slowly getting back on my feet but I was hooked for a minute I must admit! Ohhh well. Have a good one!

• Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 12:51 PM by an anonymous user from or near: London, England, United Kingdom

I would also like task a question, if this is a scam then why does Facebook, Instagram and all other social media sites not block any sites that carries her name just a thought.

• Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 2:21 PM by info

Probably they are not aware of it.

• Posted: Sep 27, 2018 at 9:15 AM by an anonymous user from or near: London, England, United Kingdom

I've been receiving Instagram messages from Mavis wanczky for over a month now, just been playing along with it, got no chance of me sending any money. I pretty much guessed it was a scam from the beginning.

• Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 4:36 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Puyallup, Washington, United States

Heres another example of the scam:

"WELCOME TO THE IMF HEADQUARTER
    #935 Pennsylvania Ave NW,
    Washington DC, USA 20535.

URGENT RESPONSE FROM IMF REMITTANCE DIRECTOR

NOTE: If you received this message in your SPAM/JUNK folder, that is because of the restrictions implemented by your Internet Service Provider, treat it
    genuinely.

I am HON JOHN WILLIAMS. I am here to present to this email owner a wonderful life changing offer brought to he/she by Mrs.Mavis Wanczyk the Massachusetts
    hospital worker that won US$758.7million the largest single-ticket prize Powerball jackpot in January 08th 2017 and to avoid fraudulent notice, see her
    interview by visiting link below: http://www.bityet.us/998762 https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/24/massachusetts-powerball-jackpot-758-million-
    lottery She just started international charitable donation campaign as we will be given a donation sum of US$15.6 MILLION each to improve the life of seven
    Lucky individuals from any part of the world.

Following the instruction to pay all scam victims $15.6 Million each by IMF through ATM GOLD VISA CARD, we wish to inform you that your email address was one
    of the lucky ones to receive this prize. You will be receiving $15.6MUSD once you settle with the whole total needed delivery fee of $200.00 usd completely. Note that the reason you must pay for this fee is to clear the signing and official stamp duty fee of the IMF agency to your fund ownership.

Today we have already agreed to release your $15.6musd but to make sure that there is no mistake, we advise you to kindly go ahead and settle with the above mentioned fee amount of $200 to enable us proceed with your fund ATM GOLD VISA CARD delivery today. Also NB: that this fund origin reference information cannot be forwarded to you now until you pay off the needed $200 fee.

To avoid wrong delivery, also to make sure we are in contact with the rightful beneficiary of this above mentioned fund, we hereby demand that this current email owner must feedback us with he/her below following detail:
    1. Your Full Name
    2. Address
    3. Direct Phone#
    4. Occupation
    5. Age

The above information should be directed to: HON John Williams (MR), at this email: abebeaemroselassie247247@gmail.com,

Also include this transaction secret to avoid impostors from stealing your fund.

**Note that you have to pay sum of $200.00 USD for the signing and official stamp duty fee of the IMF agency to your fund ownership**. your fund secret code: MGX678G. Remember Your payment file will expire after 7 days if there is no response, then we will not ave any option than to return your fund to the IMF as unclaimed.Your swift response will enhance our service, thanks for your co-operation.
    email: abebeaemroselassie247247@gmail.com

Regards,
    HON John Williams
    IMF OFFICE REP"

• Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 6:12 AM by info

Received via email:

"One fine evening I saw an advertisement on Facebook, offering me free product offer as I have a Tesco club card. Per offer, I was supposed to pay only shipping charges of £5.99 to receive a watch. I had paid for and received a watch which was not so great. After 20 days, I saw debit transaction of £84 and I was very shocked to see same.

Somehow I manage to call their customer support and then they just said, that since I accepted terms and conditions, they cannot refund me my money. This is really bad that I ended up paying £84 for a watch which is not worth more than £10. Stay away from such offers. Really feeling bad as I'm a victim of their frauds, for mere free offer cheaper watch."

• Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 6:11 AM by info

The scammers are using this email address: officialmavis.l.wanczyk1@gmail.com

• Posted: Aug 1, 2018 at 2:37 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Houston, Texas, United States

RECEIVED ONE OF THESE MESSAGES FROM MAVIS VIA TWITTER. FIRST 1000 Followers would receive 50K. After a couple hours of DM with each other, it came out that yes, you had to pay $325 dollars for delivery insurance.

I asked who did you pay that to, and she gave me this email contact and phone number.
    MARKUSGIANNIS@YAHOO.COM 832.299.5271 - She said he was the donation supervisor.

My last comment to her was I would check it out. TRUST BUT VERIFY. The first thing I did was look up her name to see if she really did win. Then saw all the scam messages. Guess I won't be getting 50K from Mavis!!!

• Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 4:47 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

And I, I know it, because I met with almost this case, where on Facebook, I got it Some Scammers Who promised to find a help, before payment Insurance and transactions fees. when I want to know how I should be in communication with Madam Mavis L wancyk winner from Massachusetts.Thanks.

• Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 11:35 PM by an anonymous user from or near: San Pablo City, Calabarzon, Philippines

Someone message me via Instagram she told me to donate a money to an orphanage and then I will claim the lots of dollars, what should I do?

• Posted: Jul 31, 2018 at 5:30 AM by info

Delete the message.

• Posted: Jul 20, 2018 at 8:54 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Mooresville, North Carolina, United States

I have received a direct message on Instagram in 7/20/2018 stating that I won $15,000 from this woman and they asked me if I have a pay pal account to receive the cash I told them I don't think so. So they asked for my full name and address if I want to receive a check that's when I search online for this woman and came across the scammers. So what should I do? They didn't ask for any money to send.

• Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 11:34 PM by an anonymous user from or near: San Pablo City, Calabarzon, Philippines

Me too, what should we do?

• Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 3:55 PM by info

Here is another scam:

-- -- -- -- --
    From: "Mrs.Mavis L. Wanczyk"
    Date: June 28, 2018 at 9:11:03 AM EDT
    Subject: Re: Donation From Mrs Mavis L. Wanczyk!!

Dear Friend,

I saw your email contact during the course of my last research. My name is Mavis L. Wanczyk from Chicopee, Massachusetts. I won a Powerball Jackpot Lottery of $758 Million Dollars in August 2017, i decided to donate the sum of $5,000,000.00 Million Dollars to 10 lucky individuals all over the world as part of my ongoing charity project.

This is a life time opportunity and 100% legitimate. I quite understand you might be skeptical about this message due to the rapid spread of false organization in the Internet, so because of that I decided to make it known to the world by publishing it on the news.

However, I and my team decided to make sure this is put on the Internet for the world to see and to ease your skepticism. For so doing you do not need to be skeptical about this donation to you. I am 53 years old and you can see that I am not getting any younger and you can imagine having just 2 Children at this age. You see after taken care of the needs of my immediate family members, I decided to donate the remaining of the $758 Million Dollars to other individuals around the world in need, the Local Fire Department, the Red Cross, Victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, Earthquake Victims In Central Mexico, Hospitals and some other charity organizations in Asia and Europe, the bulk of the funds deposited with SECURE TRUST BANK PLC, the payout bank of this charity donation. I have kept just 30% of the entire lottery sum to myself and my children for the raining day.

To facilitate the disbursement process of the funds [$5,000,000.00 USD] which have been donated solely to you, please send us your direct Mobile Number, Contact Address and a Scanned Copy of a Valid Identification (i.e either Driver's License/International Passport) so that i can forward your details over to the payout bank. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your country. I employ you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place.

You can verify this by visiting this web page : https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mavis-wanczyk-powerball-winner-massachusetts-woman-claims-758-million-jackpot/

I like to re-assure you of the legitimacy of these Services as i will not be involved in any fraudulent act and will never be. I will advise you as the "Sole Beneficiary" to be calm not to lose this great opportunity which millions of people are trying to entangled but the chances just couldn't come for them because a lot of people are out there to discourage them as they don't know how it works.

The main purpose of donating this funds is to ensure that my memories will live on even after i am long gone due to the lives that will be affected positively.

Thank you for accepting my offer, we are indeed grateful. God bless you.

Attached are photos from my lottery win.

God Bless You,
    Mrs Mavis L. Wanczyk

• Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 12:50 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Maya Semrau
    Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 6:45:00 AM
    Subject: RE:

Mrs Mavis Wanczyk Family picked you for a humanitarian grant donation, send an email to ( mwanczyk0@gmail.com ) for more info.

Please Note: This is the third time we being trying to contact you.

Best Regards"

• Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 9:05 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"Mrs Mavis Wanczyk

This is the second time i am sending you this mail.

I, Mavis Wanczyk donates $ 5 Million Dollars from part of my Powerball
    Jackpot Lottery of $ 758 Million Dollars, respond with your details for
    claims.

I await your earliest response and God Bless you

Good luck.
    Mrs Mavis L. Wanczyk"

• Posted: May 23, 2018 at 7:10 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I was sent a message through it and knew right off the bat it’s was a scam! They want me to pay $100 for a FedEx delivery fee, lol uh nope. There has to be a way of busting these sick indecision’s that prey on gullible people?

• Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 8:58 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Hayden, Idaho, United States

I have been contacted through twitter saying she wants to give me money. I just have to give personal information. Please stop her twitter account now.

• Posted: May 12, 2018 at 10:53 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I received the email in the article on May 8th which showed her name as the sender,but the email address was: rr330114@gmail.com. even more strange was the recipient was listed as rr330114@gmail.com.

There was a link to the YouTube video of when she came forward too.

• Posted: May 9, 2018 at 5:37 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Mrs Mavis L. Wanczyk
    Sent: Sunday, May 6, 2018 2:58 PM
    Subject: Charity Gift !!!

This is the second time i am sending you this mail.

I, Mavis Wanczyk donates $ 5 Million Dollars from part of my Powerball