"Debt Collection Agency Legal Notice" Phishing Scam
It is important that the public takes precautions when asked to send money via money transfer services like Western Union and MoneyGram, or Prepaid Debit Card to pay legal services or the government. This is because scammers use those untraceable money transfer services to collect money from their victims. Money sent via those services are not refundable, once the scammers have collected or used it.
The "Debt Collection Agency Legal Notice" Phishing Scam
From: Debt collection agency <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 13, 2018, 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: Notice to legally prosecute
We appreciate your response in order to settle the matter out of court. As you were looking for payment plan we can provide with payment arrangements,
1. You can pay one time of Settlement Amount $950.27 upcoming Friday (as paid in full with a zero balance) or,
2. If you are able to pay settlement amount we can provide you biweekly or monthly installment of $550.00 or,
3. If you are not able to work with the given settlement amount then the best we can do for you is we can provide five monthly payments each of $262.00. Kindly confirm us the five dates on which you can make your payment of $262.00.
4. If you are not comfortable with above mention installments, we can provide the list amount of $154 to pay every month. There will be 10 installments of $154.
5. Still, if you cannot afford any payments from above mentioned arrangements, then you can let us know how you can pay monthly.
Kindly let us know one the option that is affordable for you so that we can update our accounts department in order to put your account on hold.
Do Revert ASAP!!
If you have any queries, you can call us at +1 (509) -560-4352.
Thanks & Regards
(Senior investigation, attorney)
Debt Collection Division
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Show More Comments (6)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.