No internet connection

No Internet Connection Detected

Amazon Account Locked Scam: Beware

Amazon users, be aware of fake "Account Locked" emails like the one below, which claim your Amazon accounts have been locked for security reasons. The fake email messages are being sent by cybercriminals, and the links in them go to phishing websites that steal personal and financial information, go to malicious websites that infect computers or mobile devices with malware, go to fraudulent websites that will ask visitors to complete surveys that the cybercriminals behind the scam will get paid for, or go to websites that ask visitors to buy counterfeit or fake products or services.

Amazon Account Locked Scam  Beware

Therefore, Amazon users are asked never to click on links in email messages that claim that their Amazon accounts have been limited. They should instead, go directly to www.amazon.com and sign into their accounts from there. This will prevent Amazon users from clicking on malicious links that go to phishing or malicious websites.

An Amazon Account Locked Scam

From: Amazon.ca

Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 10:22 AM

Subject: Verify your identity !

amazon

Amazon Account Locked

Dear Amazon Member,

Your Amazon account has been locked for security reasons. To unlock it, you must verify your identity. To protect your information, we restrict access to your billing details to a team of account specialists. Our Customer Service team cannot access these details or share more information about this issue. They can only verify that we sent this request.

We ask that you not open new accounts because any order that you place may be delayed.

Unlock Account >>

Please do not respond to this email, as responses to this message will not be answered.

Sincerely,

Amazon Support

1996-2018, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

Would you share this article with others?  +

• September 25, 2020 at 11:20 PM by info

"​Cus‎to‎me‎r‎ ‎S‎er‎vice‎‎‎​​ <accountprotection.asyynw7unp6@mailsntoia.com>

Fri 9/25/2020 3:34 PM

To: live@microsoft.com

Amazon

For your safety Amazon Account has been locked.

We have detected an unauthorized login attempt to your Amazon Account from another location.

Date and Time: Friday, September, 25 2020 (GMT)

Browser: Edge

Location: Czech Republic

IP : 47.100.61.92

The email address to your account has changed. The new address is slyrxhaxor666@gmail.com.

Someone may have your email and password to access your account then make some change on your account information.

To unlock your Amazon account, go to click Sign-in to my Amazon account, to verify your account by providing information that previously required, then go to security center for update your security settings as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your visit Amazon"

Another scam.

• September 5, 2020 at 2:47 PM by an anonymous user from: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

I got this email and I do not have an amazon account.

The email it came from was

account.blocked@notification-account.com

RE: Amazon Prime Web Info - Recent Change Confirmation of Account Online Payment. #DTDTF7

The body of the text

A picture of Amazon which does not fill the box and does not say if it's com or co.uk

Dear Customer,

We have blocked your amazon account because our service has detected two unauthorized devices. Our service has protected your account from someone who has access your Amazon account.

How do I unlock my account? <this is in orange>

You must verify your Amazon account and complete the information on the data that was printed on your account when you first registered.

To complete the process, click on the button link below.

Button which takes you to goodness knows where.

The Amazon account will be unlocked automatically, after completing the account verification as soon as possible.

If you do not verify within 48 hours, our service will permanently block your Amazon account.

Thanks again for your visit to Amazon.

First of all, I have done a course on cyber spam

1) Amazon would not say Dear Customer, they would use my name as they would already know it.

2) How to unlock my account "You must verify" - If I did have an account with Amazon, the verification process would already have been completed when I first set up the account.

3) They blocked my account because the service had detected access from two unauthorized devices - but then later says - Thanks for your visit to Amazon? I did not visit Amazon at all.

I call this a scammer and all customers with Amazon need to take note of this.

• August 31, 2020 at 2:57 PM by an anonymous user from: Keene, New Hampshire, United States

Now I am receiving phone calls saying my account is locked.

• August 15, 2020 at 10:48 AM by an anonymous user from: Whitinsville, Massachusetts, United States

I got an email telling me Amazon account locked, click here to verify information. Glad I looked here first and did NOT click on link.

• June 12, 2020 at 1:44 PM by an anonymous user from: Albany, New York, United States

I received a text message from 1-832-462-7908

[ACCOUNT LOCKED]: Verify your billing information on bre,.is/Y8MSSrfM to reactive your Amazon Account.

I test back that I created a case with the FBI Phishing Internet crimes @ https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

I suggest everyone do the same so these b******s are caught!

• June 10, 2020 at 1:34 PM by an anonymous user from: St Louis, Missouri, United States

I received a text saying my amazon account is temporarily locked

• June 10, 2020 at 3:45 PM by info

Go to amaazon.com and signin. If you are able to, the message is a scam.

• April 28, 2020 at 1:56 PM by an anonymous user from: Portland, Oregon, United States

I just received one today, saying that my account has been locked and no more purchases can be sent without correcting it. The mailer was "services@Amazon.com" I knew it was phony and didn't open it up.

• April 13, 2020 at 2:00 PM by an anonymous user from: Rancho Santa Fe, California, United States

how do I unlock my account due to a scam phishing

• April 21, 2020 at 6:18 AM by an anonymous user from: Chadron, Nebraska, United States

I've had two emails where I was told I had to verify my account information as all orders have been frozen until I did so. Almost did it but instead went to my account to see if this was true and to look for messages.

• April 13, 2020 at 2:24 PM by info

Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html

• March 20, 2020 at 2:15 PM by an anonymous user from: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

I received this one today, 3/20/20.

"Re: [Action Required] Information for your Payment Please update before 24 hours or your account will be permanently locked 20/03/20."

It asked me to re-register my card information and my address.

• March 5, 2020 at 2:15 PM by an anonymous user from: Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I received this today from <support@amazon-com.cryptocurrency-tax.info>

Subject: Amazon: Update your billing information

"Update your billing information

Dear Amazon Customer,

We have placed a hold on your Amazon account and all pending orders.

We took this action the billing information you povided did not match the information on file with the card issuer.

To resolve this issue, please verify now with the billing name, address, and telephone number registered to your payment card. If you have recently moved, you may need to update this information with the card issuer.

Simply click on the button below :

Update now (Note this link is hxxps://redirect.amznaws.net/n4ryz1i)

If we are unable to complete the verification process within 3 days, all pending orders will be cancelled. You will not be able to access your account until this process has been completed. We ask that you not open new accounts as any new order you place may be delayed.

We appreciate your patience with our security measures.

Thank you for your concern.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com"

• February 17, 2020 at 3:25 PM by an anonymous user from: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

I received a voice message from someone purporting to be from Amazon security, stating that my credit card info had been used to open an account in a different name and address, and that a $750 purchase triggered a suspicious activity investigation.

When I returned the call, the supposed customer service rep proceeded to guide me through a series of steps to refund the charge by opening an Apple Pay account using my bank debit card. It wasn't until the supposed customer service rep started to give me a name other than my own that I figured out it was a scam and hung up.

To be cautious I cancelled the credit card on record and changed my bank card number.

Then Amazon locked me out of my account for non-payment of charges.

It's been a mess! Amazon has been less than helpful trying to straighten in all out.

• January 2, 2020 at 5:55 PM by an anonymous user from: Saginaw, Michigan, United States

I just got one of these emails today. It claimed my account was locked. Of course when I signed in to my account I discovered it was not true. The tip off was the email address was not a amazon address.

• December 9, 2019 at 2:43 PM by info

"From: "Amazon" <ztqycopayp@ztQyC.com>

Date: 9 December 2019 at 17:25:41 GMT

Subject: Locked

Customer Support

Dear Customer,

We have faced some problems with your account, So Please update your account details. If you do not update your account within 24 hours (from opening this email) will be officially permanently disabled.

Update Now

We hope to see you again soon.

Amazon.com"

Here is another scam.

• January 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM by an anonymous user from: Largo, Florida, United States

Got the phishing text message today, it reminded me to go enable Two-Factor authentication on my amazon account. Probably not the outcome the scammers wanted. lol

• January 7, 2019 at 3:08 PM by an anonymous user from: Waltham, Massachusetts, United States

Received this:

= =

Date: 1/7/2019 (1:35pm EST):

Subject: <Subject: Amazon! Account Lock!

Please fill in the details>

Amazon! Account lock! Please fill in the details hxxp://66d96983cf.cd19f7647c .aamazonn.live/ JtSewm/MbxXP.html?e=[myphonenumber]@tmomail.net &kYh6lb-Qp5blkg

= =

Someone should give these people a "STUPID" sign.

Recommendations / Ads