If you have received the fake SMS texts like the ones below, which appear as if they were sent by the Bank of America, asking you to call a particular phone number, visit a website, or respond to them, please do not. This is because the messages are phishing scams being sent by scammers or cybercriminals, to trick their potential victims into disclosing their Bank of America's account credentials, and their personal and financial information.
Once scammers or cybercrimes have gotten their potential victims' Bank of America information, they will use it to steal their money and use their accounts to commit fraud. Therefore, if you have received messages appearing as if they came from the Bank of America, asking you to call a number or respond to them with your personal or financial information, please do not follow the instructions in the messages and report them to the Bank of America.
If you were tricked into following instructions in a fake Bank of America or BofA message, please contact the Bank of America for help. Let them know that you were ticked by cyber criminals into submitting your account information on a phishing website.
And, always call the Bank of America using the following number:
or click here to use the 'Contact us' page on their website.
Fake Bank of America Text Messages
- 'From: Bank of America [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 6:40 AM To: email@example.com Subject: Time-Sensitive Message from Bank of America'
- 'Dear customer, please visit BankOfAmericaHelp.net (Ref #81923)'
- 'Please visit CardsBankOfAmerica.com (Customer #55863)'
- 'Your BOA-acct is temporarily disabled by our Security Dept. Learn more: http:/ow. ly/Dnul308wk6?ID756666.'
- 'Warning / Please visit: apps-bankofamerica .com'
- 'Notification / You have an account notification: protect-bankofamerica .com'
- 'firstname.lastname@example.org / Customer alert / Please confirm www.boa-card .net'
- '(Alert: Suspicious Activity) Case 160027. Please visit http://account.id1999310bankofamerica .com.
- 'Online / Security message: bankofamericauser.com'
- 'Account Notice) Case 1012181. Please visit http://client.bankofamerica-id14713 .com'
- '(Attention: Suspicious Activity) Account notice: id412753-bankofamerica.com'
- 'Valued member, we detected unusual activity on your account. To securely update your information, follow the link: http://bankofamerica.text-id338. com'
- 'FRM:*Important-bankofamerica^MSG* MSG:Account Access Blocked. Please read this ASAP: xloginbofaadmin .com'
- '(BofA)-Important Message - Due to recent updates in our system you need to verify your information. Click the link below: http://bankofamerica.sms- auth4427.com'
- 'BOfA: Your Bank Card is restricted due to failed payments. Follow www.USA-BankOfAmerica.com and remove Account limitation in 3 Easy Steps.'
- '(Visit# wwv.bnkofameirca.com-jtjgw.confirm19id.net/ Now) [fgeck]We are sorry but your_Bank0fAmeirca-issues#'
- 'wvw2.boaonline.com-hnxst. review184id.net/Now) We are sorry but your: BnkofAmerica-is-locked'
- '(BoA) Debit Card locked. visit www.xxxxxxxxxx. BankOfAmerica-BoA.com'
- '(855)996-0808 (BoA) Debit Card Locked. visit www.(my cell number). BankOfAmerica-BoA.com'
- '(go-to: wvw.bnkofamerica.com-sect jays.confirm540.net/?nr=. We are sorry but your bnk0famerica-debit visa is locked'
- '(Dear , this important Message is from BankofAmerica. Debit-Visa issues)Contact us now at 5182123866 and remove the limit. '
- '18559333547: (BoA) Debit Card Locked. visit www.312xxxxx20. BankOfAmerica-BoA.com'
- '(bank of america message: important - please call at 630-701-6543 to review your account. Client id: 55g5lpfxf3dd5an)'
- '([B a n k O f A m e r I c a] UrgentMessage.Please Ring: (818) 688-4222)'
- 'Bank Of America - ACCOUNT LOCKED Member: 7735471815. Urgent CALL : (855) 277-7117
- '([B A N K OF A M E R I C A] UrgentNotification Contact: 914 266 8559)'
- '(Office My B.O.F.A Attention needed Contact: 9142668559)'
- '(MYB.O.F.A Urgent Notification Contact: 914 266 8559)'
- '(My Master Urgent Notification Contact: 914 266 8559)' came from email@example.com '
- '([bank of america]}Your Attention Is Needed.Call 323 937 7432'
- 'firstname.lastname@example.org ([BOfA]UrgentNotification.Contact: 831-298-1164)'
- 'Direct debit issue.to solve please call now.'
- 'Fwd: (Please Contact Bank Of America HelpDesk @ 1(978) 290 5085)'
If you have received fake Bank of America messages, please post them in the comment section below to help inform others.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (17)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review