Secret Sister A Scams
Welcome to our secret sister gift exchange! Here's how it works:
1) Send one gift value at least $10 to secret sister #1 below.
2) Remove secret sister's name from #1; then move secret sister #2 to that spot.
3) Add your name to #2 with your info.
4) Then send this info to 6 other ladies with the updated name info
5) Copy the secret sister request that I posted on my wall, to your own wall. If you cannot complete this within 1 week please notify me, as it isn't fair to the ladies who have participated and are waiting for their own gifts to arrive. You might want to order directly from a web-based service (Amazon, or any other online shop) which saves a trip to the post office. Soon you should receive 36 gifts! What a deal, 36 gifts for giving just one! Be sure to include some information about yourself ... some of your favorites. Seldom does anyone drop out because it's so much fun to send a gift to someone you may or may not know ... and of course it's fun to receive. You should begin receiving gifts in about 2 weeks if you get your letters out to your 6 people right away.
"I'm looking for 6 or more ladies (Or gentlemen ) who would like to participate in a "Secret Sister" gift exchange!!!!!!!! You'll only be sending out 1 (ONE) gift, but will receive 36 in return. If you want to join or have questions, inbox me OR comment below and I'll send you the information!
Let me know if you are interested and I will send the information! Please don't ask to participate if you are not willing to spend the $10 as it would not be fair to the other participants.
TIS THE SEASON! It's right around the corner! THIS IS NOT A SCAM!!! Please KEEP all negative/rude comments to yourself or you WILL be reported?!"
This so-called gift exchange is just one of the thousands of chain letters that started years ago that was done using snail or paper mail. But, what makes the Facebook “Secret Sister Gift Exchange” slightly different, is the fact that it is done electronically via the internet, using email messages and social media posts instead of paper. And, now the scammers behind the gift exchange want participants to use web-based service like Amazon, or other online store instead of the post office.
Few years again, a chain letter was a "get rich quick" scheme that promises participants that their mail boxes will soon be stuffed full of cash if they decide to participate. The participants were told that they can make thousands of dollars every month if they follow the detailed instructions in the letter. A typical chain letter includes names and addresses of several individuals whom the participants may or may not know. The participants are instructed to send a certain amount of money to the person at the top of the list, and then eliminate that name and add theirs to the bottom. They are then instructed to mail copies of the letter to a few more individuals who will hopefully repeat the entire process. The letter promises that if they follow the same procedure, their names will gradually move to the top of the list and you'll receive lots of money.
Now, the same chain letter scheme has been rebranded; gifts are now being used instead of cash, social media websites and internet are being used instead of the post office, and online shops or stores like Amazon are being used for delivery instead of the post office.
Remember, Facebook “Secret Sister Gift Exchange” chain letter pyramid scheme is not the first and will surely not be the last. So, internet users should be careful when participating in certain activities online, especially when money, gifts and other items of value are involved.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Recommendation / Advertisement