Therefore, to protect your self against Amazon phishing scams, it is recommended that you go directly to www.amazon.com and sign into your account. Once you are signed in, Amazon may alert you to important alerts, updates or changes. Or, you may check your account or call Amazon's customer service.
Remember, Amazon will never send you an unsolicited email that asks you to provide sensitive personal information like your social security number, tax ID, bank account number, credit card information, ID questions like your mother's maiden name or your password. If you receive a suspicious email, report it immediately.
Suspicious texts, emails or webpages not from Amazon.com often contain:
- An order confirmation for an item you didn't purchase or an attachment to an order confirmation
Note: Go to Your Orders to see if there is an order that matches the details in the email. If it doesn't match an order in Your Account, the message isn't from Amazon.
- Requests for your Amazon.com username and/or password, or other personal information
- Requests to update payment information
Note: Go to Your Account and select Payment options. If you aren't prompted to update your payment method on that screen, the message isn't from Amazon.
- Links to websites that look like Amazon.com, but aren't Amazon
- Attachments or prompts to install software on your computer
- Typos or grammatical errors
- Forged email addresses to make it look like the email is coming from Amazon.com
Note: If the "from" line of the email contains an Internet Service Provider (ISP) other than @amazon.com, then it's a fraudulent email.
To report a phishing or spoofed e-mail or webpage:
- Open a new e-mail and attach the e-mail you suspect is fake.
- For suspicious webpages, simply copy & paste the link into the email body.
- If you can't send the e-mail as an attachment, you can forward it.
- Send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Sending this suspicious e-mail as an attachment is the best way for us to track it.
Note: Amazon can't respond personally when you report a suspicious correspondence to email@example.com, but you may receive an automatic confirmation. If you have security concerns about your account, please contact us using the Contact Us button.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (11)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Recommendation / Advertisement