2020 WhatsApp Award Lottery Scam

There is no "2020 WhatsApp Award." Therefore, online users who have received e-mail messages like the one below, which claim they are winners in such a lottery or promotion are asked not to follow the instructions in them because they are lottery scams being sent by scammers.

2020 WhatsApp Award Lottery Scam

Every month, thousands of these email messages are sent out by lottery scammers to trick their potential victims into stealing their personal information and subsequently asking them to send money in order to receive their so-called lottery prize. Sending your personal information to these cyber-criminals will only help them rip you off or steal your money. Therefore, online users who have received the same email messages are asked to delete them.

A "2020 WhatsApp Award" Lottery Scam

From: WhatsApp Incorporation - ballot@whatsappawards.com

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020, 01:37

Subject: Approved, Contact Our Paying Bank

WhatsApp

2020 WhatsApp Award

Approved! Dear Winner,

Congratulations to you once again from the desk of the Whatsa App's Ballot Promotion Team. We wish to officially inform you that your application has now been approved for payment via ATM Visa Card Valued at $700,000.00 USD.

Your numbers attached to lucky number (WH/US-6463457) drew the lucky numbers of 03-06-08-10-12-16-2, consequently won the ballot in category C which falls in Asian region for payment.

Your won prize fund $700,000.00 USD has been issued in your name by our correspondent bank in Thailand where your winning ballot numbers fall for payment.

Kindly take note of this enclosed number ( WH/US-6463457 ) Attached to this mail is your winning certificate, You may send it to the bank for reference:

intl.remittance@allwaymail. info

Note

For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize money remitted/released to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of unofficial personnel taking undue advantage of this program.

We have forwarded your information to the bank for processing of visa card payment.

Below is the contact details of our paying bank, contact them on their email address

Allway Bank Thailand

More ways to bank

Remittance Manager: Mr. Simon Kuwar

Address: A149/38 bumrung samranraj road. Pranakorn., Bangkok Thailand.

Website | Email Address.

Email Address: intl.remittance@allwaymail.info

Website: www.thaiallwaybank.com

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Would you share this article with others?  +

DonateHelp maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.

Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.

• July 11, 2021 at 3:09 AM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan

I have received the same message and I also received a photo of Visa card

• March 20, 2021 at 11:55 PM by an anonymous user from: Guindalera, Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain

I just received the same message that I have won!I also sent my particular infos to them..so glad I read your comments here then I will not reply anymore for their next instructions.

• March 10, 2021 at 6:49 AM by an anonymous user from: Athens, Attiki, Greece

Hello,

I have received the below message:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We congratulate you once again for winning the *WHATS-APP* International balloting award programme.

Your Mobile Number has been selected among the five lucky-winners of the *WHATS-APP* programme, USA for SIX Hundred Thousand Dollars.

This is a reward program for the patronage of internet services, all participants were selected randomly from worldwide mobile number Directories, and your mobile number appears on the WHATS-APP INC machine as the winner of the 2020 WHATS-APP INC yearly promotional Award Prize of SIX hundred Thousand Dollars USD 600,000 United States Dollars.

This promotion is part of the financial empowerment program of the WHATS-APP INC in its struggle to alleviate poverty.

This promotional programme is being promoted and sponsored by eminent personalities in the person of Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook. With the support of WHATS-APP Founder:, Jan Koum and Brian Acton and other corporate companies and organizations in the United States to encourage the use of computer systems worldwide.

Full Name:.

Country:.

Contact Mobile Number:.

Nationality:..

Address:.

Age:.

Gender:..

Occupation:.

Prize Amount:.

Above is the information needed from you, please fill in your information as requested and return it back for verification and payment of your won prize fund. Please provide the required information as soon as possible to enable the paying bank to commence your payment before the last remittance date. bank commence your payment before the last remittance date. bank commence your payment before the last remittance date.

Best Regard,

WhatsApp Inc.

Menlo Park, US (HQ)

1601 Willow Rd"

• February 20, 2021 at 9:13 PM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan

I received this right or lie

- Forwarded message -

From: WhatsApp Inc <winner.whatsapp02@gmail.com>

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021, 1:14 am

Subject: Re: Full Name:mohammad

To: Mohammad Mohammdian <mm8423417@gmail.com>

Dear winner,

We wish to congratulate you and officially inform you that your application has now been approved for a payment via Visa ATM Card valued at $700,000.00 USD.

WhatsApp Corporation organized these promotional offers in order to give back to the society for their contentious support and patronage towards the growth of WhatsApp. We also thank you for being a part of our community, and helping to connect the world free.

We are sending this message to inform you that your claim process has now been completed. Your numbers attached to lucky numbers (WHP/US-6463457) drew the lucky numbers of 09-60-08-10-12- 52-0, consequently won the ballot in category C which falls in Asian region for payment through a visa Master ATM card.

Attached is the winner's certificate, you can forward it to the bank's email for reference, Email: service@mailproviewbnk.info

Below is the contact details of the bank, contact them on email now.

Remittance Manager: Mr. AmatarI Khun

Address: A149 / 38 bumrung samranraj road. Pranakorn., Bangkok Thailand.

Website | Email Address.

Email Address: service@mailproviewbnk.info

*** *** *** ***

Note: For security reasons, we advise all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize money remitted/released to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of unofficial personnel taking undue advantage of this program.

Best Regard,

WhatsApp Inc.

Menlo Park, US (HQ)1601 Willow Rd

• March 21, 2021 at 10:38 PM by an anonymous user from: Afghanistan, Afghanistan

Do you do some thing for next step? It is lie or true? I received same email too

• March 21, 2021 at 11:03 PM by info

It is a lie.

• February 20, 2021 at 9:15 PM by info

It is a lie and scam.

• February 7, 2021 at 3:56 PM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabol, Kabul, Afghanistan

‌زه‌فر‌مو‌‌په‌لتر‌ی‌کی‌۲۰۲۰‌کی‌کی‌ولسب‌‌نمر‌کی‌ب‌نده

• January 10, 2021 at 8:04 AM by info

"Hello

Hello, I received an SMS on WhatsApp as if I had won a sum of $ 600,000.

I contacted an email that came to me in that message and they told me that I had transferred the fund to Proview Bank in Turkey. I contacted the same bank and they told me that we have opened an account in your name and the visa card comes through the Orbit post office of Turkey, but in order for the transfer to come, you have to pay."

Another scam.

• April 8, 2021 at 11:48 PM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan

من نیز امین پیام را دریافت کردم گویا ویزاکارت من نزد شرکت orbitدر ترکیه میباشد برای باید چیکار کنم ؟

I also received this message, as if my Visa card is with Orbit in Turkey, what should I do?

• July 11, 2021 at 5:03 AM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Afghanistan

همه این ها کلاهبرداران هستند معلومات بانکی یا هم نمبر کارت ای تی ام خوده روان نکنین برش

These are all scammers

• February 24, 2021 at 12:36 PM by an anonymous user from: Ruwi, Mutrah, Oman

This just happen to me today

I first thought it was real I forward all my details to them

• December 31, 2020 at 6:44 AM by an anonymous user from: Skopje, Karpoš, Macedonia

I gave them my credentials but not contacted the bank yet, I saw this late, can you tell me if they can do something by having my personal info only?

• February 7, 2021 at 3:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabol, Kabul, Afghanistan

۲۰۲۰‌لتر‌کی‌زه‌ب

• December 31, 2020 at 7:03 AM by info

They may sell your info to other scammers or use it themselves. The scammers will contact you and use your personal information to help convince you that their scams are legit. Therefore, be careful going forward and never send money to anyone without verifying their story.

• December 8, 2020 at 3:34 AM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan

recently received below email>>> but I understand that its scam

Dear Sir/Madam

However, be informed that according to payment instructions from WhatsApp team, you are to be paid by an ATM Visa or Master Debit Card valued {Six Hundred Thousand United States dollars}

*First Name & Last Name:

*City & Post:

*Address:

*Country:

*Contact Phone Number:

*Any form of identification {Optional}

We expedite your response

Yours Faithfully,

Ahmet Gul

(Foreign Remittance manager).

• April 10, 2021 at 7:42 AM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan

من هن امینو دریافت کردم

I received Hen Amino

• December 7, 2020 at 4:53 PM by an anonymous user from: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I also received this one.

• November 24, 2020 at 5:46 AM by an anonymous user from: Savski Venac, Belgrade, Centralna Srbija, Serbia

But I was hoping realy..they have send me pict of my visa...buahhhhaaaa...

• November 19, 2020 at 9:51 PM by an anonymous user from: Caboolture, Queensland, Australia

I receive the same info from WhatsApp, Thank you for this article, I figured it out it was a scam.

• September 1, 2020 at 8:33 AM by info

"Date: 31 Aug 2020 11:21

Subject: NO:WHAP-US/U679

To: <contact@live.whatsaplive.com>

Best regards, I received this message in WhatsApp..

Beloved Whats-App user.

Your number has been luckily selected as the winner of $600,000 USD in the *WHATSAPP* Promo programme for our customers. Please send your winning *NO:WHAP-US/U679.* To Email: *contact@live.whatsaplive.com* for more information. Note that this message is *confidential* Sir/Madam.

Email:

*contact@live.whatsaplive.com *

2020.08.31 01:44:41"

Here is another scam.

• November 20, 2020 at 11:08 PM by an anonymous user from: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

So this is a scam?

• November 20, 2020 at 11:16 PM by info

Yes, it is a scam.

• September 1, 2020 at 2:41 AM by an anonymous user from: Ramat HaSharon, Tel Aviv, Israel

He sent me a card in my name, which he photographed for me. Is it correct or deceived?

• September 2, 2020 at 6:09 PM by an anonymous user from: Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel

What happened with you is true

• September 1, 2020 at 7:45 AM by an anonymous user from: Haifa, Israel

It's all fake. not hard to understand.

I sent them false info and they sent me a certificate too.

• August 15, 2020 at 8:28 PM by an anonymous user from: Belmont, Victoria, Australia

Here is the latest email requesting bank details to make payment.

"Dear Prize

Dear Prize winner,

We, from the desk of the WhatsApp Ballot Promotion Team, wish to congratulate you and officially inform you that your application has now been approved for a payment via Visa ATM Card valued at $700,000.00 USD.

Your winning numbers WH/US-6463457 drew the lucky numbers of 03-06-08-10-12-16-2, hence won the ballot in category C which falls in Asian region for payment. Your provident fund; $700,000.00 USD has been issued in your name by our correspondent financial institution in Thailand where your winning numbers are assigned for remittance. Attached to this mail is your winning certificate, You may send it to the following institution for reference: allwaytransfer@allwaymail.info

We have sent your information to our representative bank. They will further process your visa card payment. Kindly contact them ; Ballot Promotion Team, wish to congratulate you and officially inform you that your application has now been approved for a payment via Visa ATM Card valued at $700,000.00 USD.

We have sent your information to our representative bank. They will further process your visa card payment. Kindly contact them ;"

• November 29, 2020 at 9:31 AM by an anonymous user from: Ferencváros, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary

I clicked ... now what to expect?

• August 15, 2020 at 8:25 PM by an anonymous user from: Belmont, Victoria, Australia

Definitely a scam. I gave them my personal details but not my bank details. Can they do any thing with my details?

• August 30, 2020 at 5:34 PM by an anonymous user from: Tirat Carmel, Haifa, Israel

They sell the information to companies. It won't affect you but they are profiting from it.

• August 4, 2020 at 7:30 PM by an anonymous user from: Albania

II received a message from whatsapp company and I sent everything I neded.

Can you chack this? This is email: whatsapprogramme@gmail.com

They sent my credit card and I give them my adress and number. Can you tell me its this true?

• September 1, 2020 at 2:40 AM by an anonymous user from: Ramat HaSharon, Tel Aviv, Israel

Have you succeeded?

• August 4, 2020 at 8:02 PM by info

It is not true, it is a scam. There is no WhatsApp lottery or promotion giving away money.

• August 4, 2020 at 8:14 PM by an anonymous user from: Albania

They say they sent the card and it will arrive via post. What should I do? I told transport company not to send me and that I would not pay anything. What do you suggest I do?

• August 4, 2020 at 9:03 PM by info

Just ignore them and do not send any money or personal information.

• July 18, 2020 at 10:17 AM by info

"Chat history is attached as "WhatsApp Chat with 92 307 5782958" file to this email:

15/07/2020, 16:42 - Messages to this chat and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption. Tap for more info.

15/07/2020, 16:42 - 92 307 5782958: Congratulations!

You have won seven hundred thousand dollars in the annual promotional program,

Send Ref No: WH2 to official ballot Email Immeidiately for claim:

ballot@whatsappteam.info

Contact Email: ballot@whatsappteam.info for claim

Congratulations once more!"

Received scam via email.

• June 21, 2020 at 8:12 AM by an anonymous user from: Auckland, New Zealand

Dear Sir/Madam

This is the latest I received like this saying Bill Gates Secretary is advising me of this win.

"We have received your application form and winning information as the legal beneficiary from WhatsApp Promotion Team in America

However, be informed that according to payment instructions from WhatsApp team, you are to be paid by an ATM Visa Master Debit Card valued {seven hundred thousand United States dollars}

Finally, to avoid any Miss-identification during the remittance process you have to furnish us with your complete and correct information below to enable us issue an ATM Visa Master Card correctly in your name.   •

Name:

• City & Post:

• Address:

• Country:

• Contact Phone Number:

Any form of identification {Optional} We expedite your response Yours in service,Mr. Simon Kuwar(Foreign Remittance manager)."

• July 22, 2020 at 7:12 AM by an anonymous user from: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I got the same one

• June 2, 2020 at 9:09 AM by an anonymous user from: Budva, Montenegro

I send them all information, and they made me Visa Master Card with my name and they send me a picture of the Credit Card. Now I just need to pay a shipping for 2 days 370$ or 7 days 280$.

Does anyone of you guys did that?

And they told me from the Allway Bank per day I can take 10.000$ from Visa Master Card in any ATM Mashine.

• April 8, 2021 at 11:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan

من هم درچنین شرایط قرار دارم باید چی کنم ؟

I am in such a situation, what should I do?

• April 8, 2021 at 11:57 PM by an anonymous user from: Kabul, Kabul, Afghanistan

من هم درچنین شرایط قرار دارم باید چی کنم ؟

I am in such a situation, what should I do?

• December 21, 2020 at 3:18 AM by an anonymous user from: ??????, Skopie, Greater Skopje, Macedonia

God forbid because you don't see that all this is a living fraud. What money, what a s*****g.

Just a moment, if he leaves this text message to 100,000 people, some 1000 let them lie to release the money, here in 2 days 380 USD, that's 38,000,000 USD. Please come out. Let's go, look for his addresses, and only then we'll talk

• September 2, 2020 at 6:16 PM by an anonymous user from: Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel

I am the same as something that happened to me, but I am afraid

• July 31, 2020 at 9:34 AM by an anonymous user from: Albania

I received today this, did you try to pay, tell me, please?

• July 31, 2020 at 10:30 AM by info

It is a scam, do not be fooled. There is no such lottery.

• August 25, 2020 at 9:19 AM by an anonymous user from: Haifa, Israel

Strange do not ask for money there, only the name of your residence, age ..

• August 25, 2020 at 1:04 PM by info

They will sell your information to other scammers, who will contact you and attempt to scam you.

• July 22, 2020 at 7:14 AM by an anonymous user from: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Same issue with you.

• June 2, 2020 at 9:31 AM by info

It is a acam, do not send the thieves your hard-earned money!

• May 29, 2020 at 6:05 PM by an anonymous user from: Tel Aviv, Israel

I was deceived by the WhatsApp website by obtaining a sum of money to reduce poverty in the world. I opened the web from the websites and it was unfortunately and fake. I was very sad for my good luck. Attention to everyone from the confused companies. Thank you

• May 26, 2020 at 6:35 AM by an anonymous user from: Wellington, New Zealand

I also received a txt message via WhatsApp and I’ve been following instructions until now, I realised its fake

• May 29, 2020 at 5:55 PM by an anonymous user from: Tel Aviv, Israel

Yes, I was duped and now alerted when I searched for the web

• May 4, 2020 at 8:54 AM by an anonymous user from: Istanbul, Turkey

"Approved! Dear Winner,

info@allwaymail.info

Note

Allway Bank Thailand

More ways to bank

Remittance Manager: Mr. Simon Kuwar

Address: A149/38 bumrung samranraj road. Pranakorn., Bangkok Thailand.

Website | Email Address.

Email Address: info@allwaymail.info

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us, we would be happy to help."

Received this scam.

• May 26, 2020 at 2:46 AM by an anonymous user from: East Timor

I have been deceived .. my data has been sent but fortunately the money has not been sent

• May 29, 2020 at 5:56 PM by an anonymous user from: Tel Aviv, Israel

I was deceived and fortunately I did not send any money

• May 26, 2020 at 2:34 AM by an anonymous user from: Australia

I got the same message

• March 15, 2020 at 11:06 AM by info

"Your attention is needed

Sun 3/15/2020 7:26 AM

From: "WhatsApp Admin" - Info@WhatsApp.org

WhatsApp Admin

Congratulation

Your email has won $1 million United States Dollar ($1,000,000) in the 2020 WhatsApp lottery and you are expected to claim it as quickly as possible or your lottery will be transferred to the second runner up.

Its a way to appreciate your commitment to WhatsApp and the impression you have given other people about WhatsApp.

For Security reasons your winning number is (WHTZPPX9) please keep this information very confidential to avoid being hunted by hoodlum when you finally claim your winning.

To get assistance and claim your winning, you are advised to contact us through our email ( info@whatzaap.org ) for more information on how to claim it

Your Name

Your Address

Age

Your country

Copy of your passport/driving licenses / ID Number

Your winning number

Your Telephone numbers

Yours Sincerely,

WhatsApp Admin"

Here is another scam.

• May 29, 2020 at 5:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Tel Aviv, Israel

Yes, I gave them all my private information. I am afraid of blackmail

• February 24, 2020 at 7:21 AM by info