No Internet Connection Detected

2020 WhatsApp Award Lottery Scam

2020 WhatsApp Award Lottery Scam

Would you share this Article with others?  +

There is no "2020 WhatsApp Award." Therefore, online users who have received e-mail messages like the one below, which claim they are winners in such a lottery or promotion are asked not to follow the instructions in them because they are lottery scams being sent by scammers.

Every month, thousands of these email messages are sent out by lottery scammers to trick their potential victims into stealing their personal information and subsequently asking them to send money in order to receive their so-called lottery prize. Sending your personal information to these cyber-criminals will only help them rip you off or steal your money. Therefore, online users who have received the same email messages are asked to delete them.

A "2020 WhatsApp Award" Lottery Scam

From: WhatsApp Incorporation - ballot@whatsappawards.com

Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020, 01:37

Subject: Approved, Contact Our Paying Bank

WhatsApp

2020 WhatsApp Award

Approved! Dear Winner,

Congratulations to you once again from the desk of the Whatsa App's Ballot Promotion Team. We wish to officially inform you that your application has now been approved for payment via ATM Visa Card Valued at $700,000.00 USD.

Your numbers attached to lucky number (WH/US-6463457) drew the lucky numbers of 03-06-08-10-12-16-2, consequently won the ballot in category C which falls in Asian region for payment.

Your won prize fund $700,000.00 USD has been issued in your name by our correspondent bank in Thailand where your winning ballot numbers fall for payment.

Kindly take note of this enclosed number ( WH/US-6463457 ) Attached to this mail is your winning certificate, You may send it to the bank for reference:

intl.remittance@allwaymail. info

Note

For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize money remitted/released to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of unofficial personnel taking undue advantage of this program.

We have forwarded your information to the bank for processing of visa card payment.

Below is the contact details of our paying bank, contact them on their email address

Allway Bank Thailand

More ways to bank

Remittance Manager: Mr. Simon Kuwar

Address: A149/38 bumrung samranraj road. Pranakorn., Bangkok Thailand.

Website | Email Address.

Email Address: intl.remittance@allwaymail.info

Website: www.thaiallwaybank.com

Check the comment section below for additional information and share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below.

Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: info@onlinethreatalerts.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

• September 1, 2020 at 8:33 AM by info

"Date: 31 Aug 2020 11:21

Subject: NO:WHAP-US/U679

To: <contact@live.whatsaplive.com>

Best regards, I received this message in WhatsApp..

Beloved Whats-App user.

Your number has been luckily selected as the winner of $600,000 USD in the *WHATSAPP* Promo programme for our customers. Please send your winning *NO:WHAP-US/U679.* To Email: *contact@live.whatsaplive.com* for more information. Note that this message is *confidential* Sir/Madam.

Email:

*contact@live.whatsaplive.com *

2020.08.31 01:44:41"

Here is another scam.

• September 1, 2020 at 2:41 AM by an anonymous user from: Ramat HaSharon, Tel Aviv, Israel

He sent me a card in my name, which he photographed for me. Is it correct or deceived?

• September 2, 2020 at 6:09 PM by an anonymous user from: Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel

What happened with you is true

• September 1, 2020 at 7:45 AM by an anonymous user from: Haifa, Israel

It's all fake. not hard to understand.

I sent them false info and they sent me a certificate too.

• August 15, 2020 at 8:28 PM by an anonymous user from: Belmont, Victoria, Australia

Here is the latest email requesting bank details to make payment.

"Dear Prize

Dear Prize winner,

We, from the desk of the WhatsApp Ballot Promotion Team, wish to congratulate you and officially inform you that your application has now been approved for a payment via Visa ATM Card valued at $700,000.00 USD.

Your winning numbers WH/US-6463457 drew the lucky numbers of 03-06-08-10-12-16-2, hence won the ballot in category C which falls in Asian region for payment. Your provident fund; $700,000.00 USD has been issued in your name by our correspondent financial institution in Thailand where your winning numbers are assigned for remittance. Attached to this mail is your winning certificate, You may send it to the following institution for reference: allwaytransfer@allwaymail.info

We have sent your information to our representative bank. They will further process your visa card payment. Kindly contact them ; Ballot Promotion Team, wish to congratulate you and officially inform you that your application has now been approved for a payment via Visa ATM Card valued at $700,000.00 USD.

We have sent your information to our representative bank. They will further process your visa card payment. Kindly contact them ;"

• August 15, 2020 at 8:25 PM by an anonymous user from: Belmont, Victoria, Australia

Definitely a scam. I gave them my personal details but not my bank details. Can they do any thing with my details?

• August 30, 2020 at 5:34 PM by an anonymous user from: Tirat Carmel, Haifa, Israel

They sell the information to companies. It won't affect you but they are profiting from it.

• August 4, 2020 at 7:30 PM by an anonymous user from: Albania

II received a message from whatsapp company and I sent everything I neded.

Can you chack this? This is email: whatsapprogramme@gmail.com

They sent my credit card and I give them my adress and number. Can you tell me its this true?

• September 1, 2020 at 2:40 AM by an anonymous user from: Ramat HaSharon, Tel Aviv, Israel

Have you succeeded?

• August 4, 2020 at 8:02 PM by info

It is not true, it is a scam. There is no WhatsApp lottery or promotion giving away money.

• August 4, 2020 at 8:14 PM by an anonymous user from: Albania

They say they sent the card and it will arrive via post. What should I do? I told transport company not to send me and that I would not pay anything. What do you suggest I do?

• August 4, 2020 at 9:03 PM by info

Just ignore them and do not send any money or personal information.

• July 18, 2020 at 10:17 AM by info

"Chat history is attached as "WhatsApp Chat with 92 307 5782958" file to this email:

15/07/2020, 16:42 - Messages to this chat and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption. Tap for more info.

15/07/2020, 16:42 - 92 307 5782958: Congratulations!

You have won seven hundred thousand dollars in the annual promotional program,

Send Ref No: WH2 to official ballot Email Immeidiately for claim:

ballot@whatsappteam.info

Contact Email: ballot@whatsappteam.info for claim

Congratulations once more!"

Received scam via email.

• June 21, 2020 at 8:12 AM by an anonymous user from: Auckland, New Zealand

Dear Sir/Madam

This is the latest I received like this saying Bill Gates Secretary is advising me of this win.

"We have received your application form and winning information as the legal beneficiary from WhatsApp Promotion Team in America

However, be informed that according to payment instructions from WhatsApp team, you are to be paid by an ATM Visa Master Debit Card valued {seven hundred thousand United States dollars}

Finally, to avoid any Miss-identification during the remittance process you have to furnish us with your complete and correct information below to enable us issue an ATM Visa Master Card correctly in your name.   •

Name:

• City & Post:

• Address:

• Country:

• Contact Phone Number:

Any form of identification {Optional} We expedite your response Yours in service,Mr. Simon Kuwar(Foreign Remittance manager)."

• July 22, 2020 at 7:12 AM by an anonymous user from: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I got the same one

• June 2, 2020 at 9:09 AM by an anonymous user from: Budva, Montenegro

I send them all information, and they made me Visa Master Card with my name and they send me a picture of the Credit Card. Now I just need to pay a shipping for 2 days 370$ or 7 days 280$.

Does anyone of you guys did that?

And they told me from the Allway Bank per day I can take 10.000$ from Visa Master Card in any ATM Mashine.

• September 2, 2020 at 6:16 PM by an anonymous user from: Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel

I am the same as something that happened to me, but I am afraid

• July 31, 2020 at 9:34 AM by an anonymous user from: Albania

I received today this, did you try to pay, tell me, please?

• July 31, 2020 at 10:30 AM by info

It is a scam, do not be fooled. There is no such lottery.

• August 25, 2020 at 9:19 AM by an anonymous user from: Haifa, Israel

Strange do not ask for money there, only the name of your residence, age ..

• August 25, 2020 at 1:04 PM by info

They will sell your information to other scammers, who will contact you and attempt to scam you.

• July 22, 2020 at 7:14 AM by an anonymous user from: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Same issue with you.

• June 2, 2020 at 9:31 AM by info

It is a acam, do not send the thieves your hard-earned money!

• May 29, 2020 at 6:05 PM by an anonymous user from: Tel Aviv, Israel

I was deceived by the WhatsApp website by obtaining a sum of money to reduce poverty in the world. I opened the web from the websites and it was unfortunately and fake. I was very sad for my good luck. Attention to everyone from the confused companies. Thank you

• May 26, 2020 at 6:35 AM by an anonymous user from: Wellington, New Zealand

I also received a txt message via WhatsApp and I’ve been following instructions until now, I realised its fake

• May 29, 2020 at 5:55 PM by an anonymous user from: Tel Aviv, Israel

Yes, I was duped and now alerted when I searched for the web

• May 4, 2020 at 8:54 AM by an anonymous user from: Istanbul, Turkey

"Approved! Dear Winner,

info@allwaymail.info

Note

Allway Bank Thailand

More ways to bank

Remittance Manager: Mr. Simon Kuwar

Address: A149/38 bumrung samranraj road. Pranakorn., Bangkok Thailand.

Website | Email Address.

Email Address: info@allwaymail.info

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us, we would be happy to help."

Received this scam.

• May 26, 2020 at 2:46 AM by an anonymous user from: East Timor

I have been deceived .. my data has been sent but fortunately the money has not been sent

• May 29, 2020 at 5:56 PM by an anonymous user from: Tel Aviv, Israel

I was deceived and fortunately I did not send any money

• May 26, 2020 at 2:34 AM by an anonymous user from: Australia

I got the same message

• March 15, 2020 at 11:06 AM by info

"Your attention is needed

Sun 3/15/2020 7:26 AM

From: "WhatsApp Admin" - Info@WhatsApp.org

WhatsApp Admin

Congratulation

Your email has won $1 million United States Dollar ($1,000,000) in the 2020 WhatsApp lottery and you are expected to claim it as quickly as possible or your lottery will be transferred to the second runner up.

Its a way to appreciate your commitment to WhatsApp and the impression you have given other people about WhatsApp.

For Security reasons your winning number is (WHTZPPX9) please keep this information very confidential to avoid being hunted by hoodlum when you finally claim your winning.

To get assistance and claim your winning, you are advised to contact us through our email ( info@whatzaap.org ) for more information on how to claim it

Your Name

Your Address

Age

Your country

Copy of your passport/driving licenses / ID Number

Your winning number

Your Telephone numbers

Yours Sincerely,

WhatsApp Admin"

Here is another scam.

• May 29, 2020 at 5:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Tel Aviv, Israel

Yes, I gave them all my private information. I am afraid of blackmail

• February 24, 2020 at 7:21 AM by info

Copy of your passport/driving licenses / ID Number

Your winning number

Your Telephone numbers

Yours Sincerely,

WhatsApp Admin"

Here is another scam.

Keep your comment respectful.

2020 WhatsApp Award Lottery Scam