Bubbles or crinkles in the label will make your product look unprofessional. In order for clear labels to effectively display your brand, you need to apply them without any blemishes or bubbles. The good news is the application process is simple if you do just a tiny bit of research beforehand.
Prep Your Product
Before you worry about actually applying your stickers, you need to have a finished and prepped product. Half the battle is prepping your product. I like to prep all of my products and then worry about placing clear labels. If the surface is clear and clean- the clear label will adhere without complication. Quickly remove dust and oils that might mess with the sticky adhesive and you will be ready to go.
- Clean your product's surface with warm water and mild soap
- Wipe it off with a soft cloth
- Wait until the surface is completely dry
Label Machine Vs. Clear Labels By Hand
A label machine speeds up the process, but some customers prefer to handle the task carefully on their own. Some people believe a label machine provides uniform results, others think a measured approach by hand can't be replicated. Either way, there are some pros and cons to consider.
Apply via Label Machine
- Available in an array of styles - hand-powered to automatic
- Orientate the roll for uniform application
- Provides consistent tension when adhering labels
- Quickly speed of the task of labeling products
Apply via Hand
- Allows for more control
- Does not require any additional purchases
- Must be careful not to leave fingerprints on clear labels
- Handle all labels from the edge
- Potentially wear gloves to eliminate dirt and fingerprints
- Label multiple products individually
Professional Tricks for Curved or Flat Products
Although there are some weird geometric shapes out there, almost all of my products are usually flat or curved. Chances are yours will be too. Placing a clear label like Dymo 30252 labels onto a flat product is a completely different experience than popping them onto a curved product. When i first started labeling my products the curved products intimidated me a bit, but I've learned that any shape can be tackled with a little thought and practice.
- Always work in a smooth, constant wrapping motion
- Align the label and then start at one edge
- Place the edge down firmly and slowly smooth over the surface in a circular fashion
- Move naturally against the surface
- Stay steady while lightly applying pressure to prevent bubbles
- Start with one edge
- Apply the edge firmly against the product
- Apply small pressure and slide your hand over the label in a uniform fashion
Smooth Out Clear Labels & Repeat
Congratulations! With any luck, you have just successfully applied your first clear label. If it didn't go quite as well as you planned, try again until you get it right.
The only thing left to do now is smooth out your label. Apply firm and consistent pressure smoothly sweeping across the label in a uniform fashion. This allows you to press out small bubbles or wrinkles. If you have a stubborn bubble, grab a small plastic card and use it to press the bubble out.
Now sit back and admire the professional, branded look of your product. Clear labels are a great way to brand any product in less than a minute. Give them a try and look at the results you get.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review