Western Union Scam Text: How to Protect Yourself
If you believe you may have been a victim of fraud and your transfer has not been paid, please call the Western Union Fraud Hotline 1800 448 1492 as soon as possible for assistance in filing a fraud claim. To view the full list of available fraud hotlines globally, please visit Western Union's Fraud Phone Directory. If no fraud hotline is available for your country, please go to your nearest Western Union agent location for assistance. You may do the following also:
- Forward suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- File a fraud complaint here
How to Protect Yourself:
- Before sharing information or sending any money, make sure you personally know the person requesting it. If you're unsure, verify with a friend or family member first.
- Cons often mislead victims into providing personal or financial information by unsolicited phone, text or email. Never respond, click on links or attachments in messages from someone you do not know.
- Do an online search of a company or product name with relevant words like "scam" or "claim", even phrases like "tax call" to review information shared.
- Fraudsters use any means to contact victims to gain your trust and then ask for money. Never send money to someone you haven't met in person or for a payment of goods, services or purchases found online.
- Banks are required to make funds from deposited checks available within days, but knowing if it's a fake check can take weeks. To avoid being responsible, funds from a deposited check should not be used until it officially clears.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.