No internet connection

No Internet Connection Detected

Vtech Solutions Antivirus Scam

I received a telephone call from Vtech Solution Antivirus that they had renewed some $399 a year service that I clearly never signed up for. They said had 48 hours to call and cancel. Total scam I'd bet, designed to collect more info on me or talk me into purchasing something. The computer voice said it was "Joseph S." Monitoring my credit cards just in case.

Vtech Solutions Antivirus Scam

Also, a friend of mine said she received a call claiming they are going to charge her $399.00 for a antivirus software, if she does not cancel. The call was a robo call from "David" in support department of Vtech, who said if she did not cancel this antivirus software service, she would be billed $399.00. But, she has NEVER had any software from Vtech. People, beware. Never give out your personal and financial information over the phone, and do not rush to make payment for something you do not know about. Do your research for.

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

Would you share this article with others?  +

• November 2, 2020 at 4:24 PM by an anonymous user from: New York, United States

Received call from 212-282-0900 about vtech charge.

Told to call 213-295-5336 to cancel charge of $299.

Obviously a scam

• October 27, 2020 at 11:42 AM by an anonymous user from: Nacogdoches, Texas, United States

Received my call on 10.27.2020 at 11:40 am claiming I would be charged $299.49 for antivirus from Vtech unless I called back within 24 hours.

The call came from 213-822-7257

Scam!

• October 21, 2020 at 1:49 PM by an anonymous user from: Laurel, Maryland, United States

Received a call Wed. Oct21, 1:19p.m.. Call was from Tech Solution phone Number 1-757-926-7043 which is a Virginia Number.

Alex Peter, Customer Relationship Manager left a message on my voice mail that I will see a $9.99 charge within 24 hours.

If I want to cancel the subscription and want a refund then please call this number

1-213-295-5336 within 48 hrs upon receiving this confirmation call.

Not calling anybody back for something that I don't have anything to do with.

This is a scam

• October 14, 2020 at 11:52 AM by an anonymous user from: Mahomet, Illinois, United States

Just received a call stating that VTECH SOLUTIONS were going to renew my anti-virus subscription to the tune of $200.00. If I did not want this charge I needed to call some 213 area code to cancel. Another scam. It did alarm me however, as my antivirus is set to expire in two weeks.

• October 8, 2020 at 3:01 PM by an anonymous user from: Nahunta, Georgia, United States

I received a call and the answering machine recorded a call similar to the above and left the following number (202-858-9839) stating I had to call and cancel a renewed subscription to V-Tech AntI Virus Security or else I would be charged 249.99. When I returned the call I was told the charge was completed already, but if I would turn on my computer he would walk me through the cancellation process. I told him my computer was down due to maintenance and I hadn't subscribed to any security program from V-Tech Solutions. He asked me again to boot up my computer and when I repeated it was down for maintenance, he immediately said that he could manually take care of the solution from his end and hung up.

• October 8, 2020 at 7:45 PM by an anonymous user from: Savannah, Georgia, United States

I received the exact same phone call 24 hrs. ago. As I'm currently

sick w/ a stomach flu the last thing I felt like doing was phoning

these (what I just "KNEW" were) scam phone jerk criminals back & having to have an upsetting conversation while nauseated! The man's name was "Peter Wells" & like you I'm located in GA. so they must be making the rounds state by state & GA. is the state they're covering the last few days. If that's how they proceed.

So, I decided to check online instead (we're not the only ones being harrassed by this scam). But still w/ all the online hacking of personal/financial info going on, it's a good idea to keep a watch on your banking & credit card info to make sure that you haven't had any fraudulent charges or deductions taken out regardless of whether you gave out info to someone or not & of course the BEST line of defence is to NEVER give out personal or financial info over the phone or by email to ANY ONE or institution or org. you do not know personally FOR ANY REASON particularly if THEY contacted you & NOT the other way around & NEVER give out your Social Security # EVER, even to a physician unless it's IN PERSON & in an official matter & even then you MUST question the source of who is asking, & why. VERY rarely is it ABSOLUTELY necessary to give out THAT info even when pressed for it. Too often your S.S..# is asked for when it JUST ISN'T NECESSARY for the source to have it. And NEVER EVER give out that info except in person & thoroughly question the EXACT reason WHY the source deems it an absolute. Even then, you have the right to refuse & tell the source you wish to research the situation for yourself first & that you will get back to them. When people threaten you, you can almost ALWAYS bank on it that IT IS A SCAM. Do NOT allow yourself to be intimidated. ALWAYS research first! No one is going to show up at your front door w/ handcuffs unless of course, you may DELIBERATELY & ACTUALLY BE taking part in REAL criminal activities so don't fall for the B.S. or ANYONE who is pushing you, using authoritative, intimidating, bullying, foul language or threatening to call the cops or any official sounding organization & under some kind of timeline! Either get off the phone, ignore the email, report it & find out for yourself FIRST by calling the places they "claim" to be who they are before EVER giving away such info or your financial assets & find out for yourself. Because the REAL places NEVER ask you for your financial/personal info over the phone or on the web unless you are making a purchase from a place YOU contacted yourself & if on the web ONLY from websites that are secure. I realize in particular, it is easier to FRIGHTEN people who are older & not very tech savvy as well, particularly if you live alone. Don't be afraid. You can ALWAYS call someone first, even the police & ask. Do NOT give away your financial assets because someone is taking advantage of your age, fragility, confusion, lack of knowledge or experience.

• October 7, 2020 at 3:45 PM by an anonymous user from: Bridgton, Maine, United States

Got call oct 7th same as all the above. Never go to your computer,that gives them access to everything. I reported to district attorney office,and local sheriff department.

• October 1, 2020 at 4:52 PM by an anonymous user from: Valencia, California, United States

Same (transcription):

“ This is to inform you that we have renewed your antI virus security for the upcoming one year and we have charged you two hundred and forty nine dollars and ninety nine cents and within twenty four hours you will see a charge from D Tech solution. If you want to cancel the subscription and want a refund then please call on this number 1 (213) 295-5336 cancelation should be done within forty eight hours upon receiving this confirmation call. Thank you this is alex peter customer relationship manager.“

Caller ID:

S B Trans Carrier 661218799

I blocked the number! Beware of scams.

• October 15, 2020 at 6:57 PM by an anonymous user from: Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Exact same message that I rec’d yesterday. I blocked them too and did not call them back.

• September 18, 2020 at 1:22 PM by an anonymous user from: Concord, California, United States

Got the same call, phone number was 208-264-6?, The rest of the number was garbled. The only VTEC we had were toys when our children were younger and that was decades ago. I had a feeling it was a scam and did not call back.

• September 17, 2020 at 5:12 PM by an anonymous user from: Mason, Ohio, United States

I just received this same robotic call. The number I'm supposed to call back to cancel this $399 antivirus subscription is 408-721-6968, and the person to speak to is Charlie Peterson, customer service manager. Glad to see it's not just me and is, in fact, a scam. Interesting that the number on my Caller ID showed a local name and number (CincinnatI area code 513). I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the person's name. My voicemail system recorded the call as coming from the 408 number. I am not going to call back, of course, and a $399 charge better not show up anywhere on my credit card, PayPal, etc.

• September 15, 2020 at 2:21 PM by an anonymous user from: San Jose, California, United States

Same MO. Robocall stating that my antivirus subscription will be renewed for $399 and to the number to cancel. "Harris" in customer service. I feel bad for the elderly and gullible who might fall for this scam.

• September 14, 2020 at 4:20 PM by an anonymous user from: Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I had the same call-and not the first time I got this call. Different name and phone number from the others but I'm sure it was a scam. They didn't know my name or state the bank they were going to charge it against.

• September 10, 2020 at 4:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Bluefield, West Virginia, United States

I received a call from V Tech Solutions Rob Anderson. They were going to charge my bank account $399.00. I had 48 hours to call this # 208 264 6640. I called back to find out the deal. They wanted me to access my computer so they could put the money back in my account. I said my computer was not working. Total scam. Do not be taken

• September 10, 2020 at 9:16 AM by an anonymous user from: Port Neches, Texas, United States

Had the same call from v-tech solutions, antivirus- same $399 but from David Thompson with phone #302-481-9140.

Never return the calls and if you talk with them never say Yes to anything.

• September 9, 2020 at 3:41 PM by an anonymous user from: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

call from 501 872 3534, same scam call back 203-881-6815. Dennis M.

• September 4, 2020 at 11:34 AM by an anonymous user from: Van Nuys, California, United States

I just got this same call from "Alex Thompson, customer relations manager" and was told to call 217-441-7250. I'm glad I found this site to report the scam.

• September 3, 2020 at 12:01 PM by an anonymous user from: Orlando, Florida, United States

We also just received a message. Mark Wilson was the name robo call!

• September 3, 2020 at 11:55 AM by an anonymous user from: Rippey, Iowa, United States

Just receive a a call from someone calling themselves Dennis Wilson Customer Service Relationship for this company threatening to charge credit card for 399.00 - do not have this product - SCAM - not returning call, instead Googled

• September 1, 2020 at 1:10 PM by an anonymous user from: Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States

I have received 2 calls from Vtech Trevor Maxwell ... each time a message was left and when I called back I was told I needed to be in front of my computer . I said I was not able to do that and I hung up. That was last week... today I received another message. I returned the call and was told the same info. To cancel my subscription I needed to be in front of my computer. I said I was unable to do that at this time. I asked him to either email me or give me the instructions. He said he could not do that so I asked to speak to his manager. A person cane on the line very quickly( I work in Customer Service and never is a supervisor available in less than 30 seconds). The so called manager was the same person/voice and I told him that. He then proceeded to make sexual remarks. He said I needed to unlock my door so he can come in and f*** me and proceeded to continue with sexual remarks about what he wanted me to do and what he would do to me... to where I hung up. I was shaking at the end of the call as this has never happened to me before and I am 68. The number he called from was 916-299-0504.

• August 28, 2020 at 3:01 PM by an anonymous user from: Austin, Texas, United States

Different Phone# to call 1-208-464-7437 but same scam say they renew my antI virus for one year for 399.00 and if I don't want it to call the above number. And new Person Name given as Dennis Wilson Customer Service Manager. I never have order any antI virus product from this made up business. Did not save caller ID.

• August 22, 2020 at 11:42 AM by an anonymous user from: Austin, Texas, United States

Got this one yesterday. Caller ID was "EMILY OAKLEY" from 512-431-2487 but the message claimed to be David Jones, customer relationship manager requesting you to call back phone number 208-486-3900 in Boise, Idaho.

• August 25, 2020 at 10:52 AM by an anonymous user from: Denton, Texas, United States

I received same call yesterday! I to believe it is a scam!

• August 20, 2020 at 6:17 PM by an anonymous user from: Houston, Texas, United States

Received exact message as the others except it was Richard Thomas customer relations.

I had 48 hrs to cancel v tech security renewal will be charged 399.99 on my credit card in 24 hrs. I needed to call 1-715-600-6965 to cancel and request refund in 72 hrs

• August 25, 2020 at 10:51 AM by an anonymous user from: Everett, Washington, United States

I received the same phone call except that the message started after the amount was recorded. That's a phony message.

• August 24, 2020 at 11:29 PM by an anonymous user from: Lynnwood, Washington, United States

Same call the number 715 600 6965 from Richard Thomson.

• August 21, 2020 at 1:44 PM by an anonymous user from: Houston, Texas, United States

Received this message, exactly, from Houston-area phone number 281-426-8910, on August 21, 2020 at 12:57 pm

• August 19, 2020 at 6:31 PM by an anonymous user from: Redlands, California, United States

Same call. Same comment about the $399 charge from "Steven Nelson". I feel bad for the people, especially elderly, that get this call. Reported phone number to the Federal Trade Commission. FYI - Report telephone scams online to the Federal Trade Commission. You can also call 1-877-382-4357. The FTC is the primary government agency that collects scam complaints. Report all robocalls and unwanted telemarketing calls to the Do Not Call Registry.Jul 9, 2020

• August 13, 2020 at 2:46 PM by an anonymous user from: San Jose, California, United States

Just got same call form Steve Smith. FYI, when you get calls that say you have a time limit it is a red flag. I no longer answer my publish phone. Criminals are getting desperate.

• August 17, 2020 at 7:34 PM by an anonymous user from: Christiansburg, Virginia, United States

I received one 8/14/2020. Mine was a recorded message from Charles Smith, Customer Relations Manager(computer-generated ) but with a local number but said to call 203-429-9838 within 48 hrs to cancel.

I called the number and told them I didn't have any service with that company; mine was with McAfee. The guy was a foreigner. I told him there was nothing to cancel but to make sure to cancel it. He said I needed to be at my computer and I told him mine was torn up. He said I needed to take it to a technician and I told him I would take it when I was ready to take it, not when he told me to. I was getting very angry. Argued with me and I told him that I guess they would like it when I contacted my lawyer. Then hung up on me! Made me very angry! I left a message at my bank not to process any such charge.

• August 13, 2020 at 2:22 PM by an anonymous user from: Tucson, Arizona, United States

I just got the same message from Vtech solutions, "Steve Smith" customer relations manager. VM said they were charging my credit card $399 and I had 24 hours to cancel. I don't have anti-virus software with them. Definitely a phishing attempt to get personal information.

• August 2, 2020 at 11:32 PM by an anonymous user from: Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States

thanks for the info. Had a similar call. Just ignored it.

• July 30, 2020 at 10:40 PM by an anonymous user from: Washington, District of Columbia, United States

July 30th, I received a call, from Steve Smith, stating that he was renewing my antivirus subscription, from V-tech Solutions, and $399 would be charged to my account, if I didn't call to cancel, within 48 hrs. I never ordered this. A return call to 203.580.3434, went to an answering machine; so, I hung up. Glad I'm not the only one; and, I will be monitoring my accounts, as well.

• July 30, 2020 at 12:36 PM by an anonymous user from: Superior, Nebraska, United States

I, too, got a V-tech call. I was given a customer number, a phone number to call and a name for the robot making the call. I did call and was sent to an answering machine. I repeated my customer number and gave them my cell phone number! Stupid. What can I expect.

• July 20, 2020 at 5:37 PM by an anonymous user from: Columbia City, Indiana, United States

I just recevied a message from same phone call saying the same thing. A robot call. A scam.

I had nothing to do with this. I will be watching closely and will report anything charged to me from this number,405 683 6446.

• July 20, 2020 at 3:22 PM by an anonymous user from: Elkhart, Indiana, United States

July 20, 2020 I also rec'd the same phone call from V-Tech saying they had renewed my antivirus software for $399.00. They said that I had 48 hours to cancel by calling 203-900-7380 and speaking to V-Tech rep Jane Wilson. No way am I going to call that number back. It has to be a scam. The original call to me came from 260-626-1634 out of Pleasant Mills, Indiana.

I am going to monitor credit card accounts very closely.

• July 20, 2020 at 12:17 PM by an anonymous user from: Somerset, Kentucky, United States

7-20-20 Got a call from "649-9242" (no area code) from Donald Richardson stating he would charge me $399 for a V-Tech subscription (which I do not have) if I did not cancel within 24 hours. Am CLOSELY monitoring credit card. I did not return the call to the number he gave me - 1-484-249-5965. Suspect SCAM!

• July 17, 2020 at 1:02 PM by an anonymous user from: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I got the same message, robo-voice from 209-336-9084, Michael Jordan. I do not plan to respond. I'm putting this here so the number will come up in any searches for this number on the internet.

• July 16, 2020 at 1:38 PM by an anonymous user from: London, Kentucky, United States

I got this same message today at 1:04 p.m. did not answer but they left a message on my machine. Total scam. I have no dealings with these people!

• July 16, 2020 at 1:14 PM by an anonymous user from: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

I got the same call, from two supposedly different numbers that somehow got through my NoMoRobo feature. Both left the same message (similar to everyone else's). Did not respond, but did block those two numbers for whatever that is worth (probably nothing).

• July 15, 2020 at 3:42 PM by an anonymous user from: Lindenhurst, New York, United States

I just received a call that I would be charged $399.00 for antivirus protection they have changed their contact number, 405-683-6446. Thank you for the information.

• July 3, 2020 at 1:44 PM by an anonymous user from: Brenham, Texas, United States

I am Laurie and today at around 1 p.m. I rec'd a call stating that they will be renewing my antivirus contract and if I did not want this renewed I had to call within 48 hours to receive a refund of $399 that had already been charged.

I rec'd a call like this approximately 2-3 years ago too. I called the number 307-298-3951 to inform them that I had never had antivirus on my computer because I had APPLE and was always told it wasn't needed. He had a thick accent so I had a difficult time understanding all he was saying but I demanded that he NOT bill or charge me EVER or I would sue them. He replied "Then SUE ME" and hung up. We have no credit cards so I have nothing to really check except my DEBIT card. I gave him NO information as I had a long time career in Banking and always knew not to. I was never billed the first time that I could find.

• July 9, 2020 at 3:22 PM by an anonymous user from: London, Kentucky, United States

I understand exactly what you’re saying I just received a call from this company Kevin Johnson for a virus protection I have never heard of this in my life you all are saying you’re going to be billing me for $399 if I don’t call in 24 hour. So could u please tell me what is going on and plus I got Apple don’t need to nothing like this, so have a nice day

• June 29, 2020 at 1:55 PM by an anonymous user from: Milford, Delaware, United States

Do we call our bank and credit card to let them know that we got this phone call?

• June 29, 2020 at 3:24 PM by info

You do not have to, unless they have charged your card.

• June 26, 2020 at 3:11 PM by an anonymous user from: United States

Same here, different phone no. I did not respond since I never did business with them.

• June 29, 2020 at 5:37 PM by an anonymous user from: Milford, Delaware, United States

Were there any charges put on your credit card?

• June 23, 2020 at 12:46 PM by an anonymous user from: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Today, 6/23/20, I received a robo call message saying that 'they' had renewed my antivirus security for the upcoming one year and that they had charged me $399.00 and within 24 hours I would see this charge. If I wanted to cancel and get a refund I should call 405-900-0873 within 48 hours of receiving this confirmation call to do so. The call came from Daniel Webber, Customer Relationship Manager @ 502-211-5164. I didn't answer the call nor did I reply to it. I figured it was a scam because I've never heard of them nor have I ever had any of their services before and I already have security from a reputable company, that I've had for years. Besides that, it sounds like a scam! So,I checked here immediately, to see if it was. My suspicion was confirmed. Please don't answer or respond to this call. It is a SCAM! Don't let these kinds of calls scare you into rushing to fix something that's bogus, doesn't need fixing and is likely to cause you a lot of trouble. They are designed to alarm you. So, Stop and think first before you panic and then check online to see if it's a scam. Thanks.

• July 10, 2020 at 1:37 PM by an anonymous user from: Corona, California, United States

Thanks, same here; I called and he started yelling at me when I asked him to help me find his software on my computer. 😂

What a cheesy scam!

• June 29, 2020 at 12:38 PM by an anonymous user from: United States

I received the same message on June 28@2:28pm. However, I was to call 203-580-3434 and the Customer Relationship Manager's name was Steve Smith. I did not call back but I am watching my account. The scary part is that I purchased a vtech cordless telephone at Target in April 2020. It's a scam!

• June 16, 2020 at 11:52 AM by an anonymous user from: Arlington, Texas, United States

I got the same scam phone call today about the Vtech Software and that they'd charged me $399! I was to speak with the Manager named "David". Thank heavens I found this website to see that they were indeed scammers of the LOWEST FORM. Parasites these people are and they should be put in jail!

• June 5, 2020 at 10:13 AM by an anonymous user from: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I was scammed by the same crook. He said to avoid the charge I had to fill in an online form. He got remote access to my computer and took over $500 via Western Union. The fraud department at my bank is reinstating the money, and they are going after him to recover the money. so now I have a new computer, a new banking account, and a new debit card. I had to block online banking. This could have been a lot worse if it hadn't been for the bank.

• May 15, 2020 at 5:28 PM by an anonymous user from: United States

I just received a call today from VTEC solution saying the same thing about a 399 charge in 48 hours to cancel. I’m glad I checked this before calling them back I’m sure it’s a scam

• May 4, 2020 at 3:31 PM by an anonymous user from: Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada

the same happened to me just now. I hung up, its a scam, have never heard of them

• April 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM by an anonymous user from: Haymarket, Virginia, United States

I received a call today from 800-792-0001 and let it go to voice mail. It was from VTEC solution claiming I would be charged $399 within 24 hours and to call if I wanted to cancel my subscription. The customer manager was Kevin Johnson. I have no idea who they are but am glad I looked it up before calling and finding out it is a scam.

• May 16, 2020 at 3:15 PM by an anonymous user from: Kinston, North Carolina, United States

I had that exact same phone call on my landline voicemail! Needless to say, I am not going to call them back. Thanks for your post.

• April 23, 2020 at 1:47 AM by an anonymous user from: Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States

Received the same call from Vtech Solution. I called and informed my credit card company of a possible scam and was told to monitor my account.

• April 22, 2020 at 1:31 PM by an anonymous user from: Dearborn, Michigan, United States

On April 20 I also received the same robot call from vtech solutions. I figured there was something funny going on so I called the # back. I got an answering service telling me to leave a msg. After googling their company I'm sure it's a scam. Never give your info. to strange or unfamiliar callers.

Vtech Solutions Antivirus Scam