No internet connection

No Internet Connection Detected

Windows Support Center LLC Email Scam

Recipients of the fake Windows Support Center LLC email below are asked not to call the fake telephone number (877-500-4111) in it. The fake email is being sent by online scammers who are attempting to trick their potential victims into paying for a fake subscription.

Windows Support Center LLC Email Scam

The Windows Support Center LLC Email Scam

Date: 07/01/2020

Dear Customer,

This is an AUTO RENEWAL email alert from the WINDOWS SUPPORT CENTER that your subscription for the FIREWALL SECURITY of your Computer is going to get EXPIRED within 24 hours and $449 will be CHARGED and will be automatically deducted from the bank account.

You do not need to reply to this email and your subscription will be auto-renewed for another 5 years and $449 will be automatically debited from the bank account in file.

If you wish to discontinue and cancel then call our Billing Department by calling TOLL FREE 877-500-4111 and speak with our cancellation officer and they will guide you to through the cancellation process.

Please Do Not Reply to this Email. This Mailbox Is Not Monitored And You will Not Receive A Response. For further assistance Call TOLL FREE 877-500-4111

Regards,

Maggie Marie

Billing Department

Windows Support Center LLC

Toll Free - 877-500-4111

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

Would you share this article with others?  +

• October 30, 2020 at 10:00 AM by an anonymous user from: Needham, United States

I got this email today, with $470 as the amount cited. Not taking any action other than making this comment here.

• October 10, 2020 at 2:01 PM by an anonymous user from: Willingboro, New Jersey, United States

Please help received attached e mail from Windows Security Center claiming they will withdraw monies from my account. Called number to state I never gave my personal information nor ordered whatever this is...person extremely rude and told me I ordered this two years ago... I dont own a computer! I stated to him, if monies taken without authorization I will take legal action against them. of course he hung up...I called back and asked to speak with his manager or to Veronica Jones neither available and Veronica Jones wasin billing.

How can one stop these fraudulent emails. I have already been a victim a scam previously and DO NOT want this happening again.

• October 10, 2020 at 7:24 PM by info

It almost impossible to stop the email. But, just ignore them. Do not follow the instructions in them.

• October 3, 2020 at 5:10 PM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

I received 2 identical ones right after the other-

similar 800 number to call and "Veronica" was the person who signed both identical emails...

I forwarded both emails here to online threat alerts-

Thanks!

-Richard

• October 3, 2020 at 1:21 PM by an anonymous user from: Canada

Oct. 3,2020

I got an email today from the "head office" in Sacramento, CA. that my

checking account had mistakenly debited 950.00. They said it was their

mistake and if I called the phone # that my account would be credited

since I had not really subscribed to the Firewall. The letter was signed

Veronica.

• September 24, 2020 at 9:02 PM by an anonymous user from: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I got the same called today that my bank account was going to be debited $599.00

• September 29, 2020 at 4:40 PM by an anonymous user from: Aurora, Colorado, United States

I got same in colorado

• September 24, 2020 at 7:04 PM by an anonymous user from: Casa Grande, Arizona, United States

I just received a voicemail from 1-301-703-9878 that said to call 1-888-229-4446

and that I had a subscription for the "firewall security" and that it was about to expire soon and if I didn't call, I would be charged $599.

LOL

• October 3, 2020 at 3:05 PM by an anonymous user from: Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I got it today too. I am in California...

• September 29, 2020 at 11:20 AM by an anonymous user from: Butler, Pennsylvania, United States

I got the same call.

• September 24, 2020 at 9:03 PM by an anonymous user from: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

Today I got the same call.

• September 22, 2020 at 5:36 PM by an anonymous user from: Denver, Colorado, United States

I received two calls from them today which went to voice mail. I don't have a membership for Windows so I knew it was a scam but searched the number to see what others say. These people should be caught and punished.

• September 21, 2020 at 1:05 PM by an anonymous user from: Bullhead City, Arizona, United States

I got this email from "Maggie Marie". I don't even use Windows, I'm a Mac user all my life. Thought it was a scam, googled Windows Support Center and found the alert for this SCAM!

• September 17, 2020 at 11:37 AM by an anonymous user from: Warren, Ohio, United States

I received this same email but a different toll free number 1-844-351-3194

I did call it and he kept asking questions to get me to say yes but I was asking him questions and then we got disconnected so I called back and continued, I would not say yes and then told him he was a scammer and said No No No and hung up.

• September 16, 2020 at 4:27 PM by an anonymous user from: Sarasota, Florida, United States

I just received the exact email from. maggie marie I gad an ideait wasa scam so when I called all I said was I received your email and yoz will not be charging my account anything you *!#@er*#@'er he hung up before my expletive came out of my mouth.

I usually have my coaches whistle handy which I have blown loudly into the phone.

• September 14, 2020 at 2:30 PM by an anonymous user from: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

The phone number I got was 1-888-229-4446. I,m so glad I checked here first before I called.

• September 9, 2020 at 10:19 AM by an anonymous user from: Queen Creek, Arizona, United States

I received the same email with a contact number 1-888-603-4434. I did call because I was concerned about the automatic deduction of $449 that I knew wasn't going to happen. The person I spoke with had a foreign accent, tried to convince me that I signed up for this Windows support in 2018, that I agreed to a 2 year free subscription and now was obligated to pay $449 now and every 2 years. I told I wanted to cancel - he said he would guide me through the cancellation process. I asked him to send me the bank information he had to automatically charge me and he got very indignant, he said he wasn't going to argue with me about this and I needed to fill out the form online to cancel. I told him that wasn't going to happen because I never signed up for this service. He said that I did and hung up on me!

• September 8, 2020 at 7:45 AM by an anonymous user from: Waverly, Ohio, United States

I have received the same email but the contact number was 1-888-603-4434.

• September 8, 2020 at 11:31 PM by an anonymous user from: United States

same here in Chicago, at same #. 11:45 AM

• September 6, 2020 at 9:37 AM by info

Called the number and was told there was a $99 cancellation fee. Feels totally bogus!

• September 4, 2020 at 4:20 PM by an anonymous user from: Sarasota, Florida, United States

My Husband, who is in a Skilled Nursing facility, has been getting numerous cell phone calls about this charge. His name is Norman Mohl. I have told him to hang up and can only hope that he does. The cell phone is our only means of connection during the pandemic. Today, I received the above mentioned e-mail and will forward it to your threat department. The call back telephone number given for call back is: 800-603-4434. Looks like they are using many different numbers to run this scam. Hope it can be stopped. I did not respond to them in any form.

Annoyed in Florida!

• September 3, 2020 at 3:07 PM by an anonymous user from: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

the phone # on my email was 1-888-603-4434

• August 31, 2020 at 7:08 PM by an anonymous user from: New Castle, Pennsylvania, United States

They sent me a email twice and said they were going to charge my PayPal account $449, I forwarded the email to PayPal

• August 31, 2020 at 2:42 PM by an anonymous user from: Rockford, Illinois, United States

changed their phone number

• August 31, 2020 at 1:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Mantua, New Jersey, United States

I called the number to cancel. Am I in danger. I didn’t give out any personal information.

Any risk just for dialing the number.?

• August 28, 2020 at 3:50 PM by an anonymous user from: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I received the same email but with call back number 18775424992. I immediately knew it was a scam, I called and a man answered. I told him I was going to report them to the Better Business Bureau. He hung up. I found this site online and reported the email to the website noted on this site for online threats. Also block this number and marked it as Scam.

• August 26, 2020 at 7:51 PM by info

I received this email this morning and googled Windows and found that it was a scam. I did not give them any of my credit card information. I did give them my name. Should I do anything else?

Deborah

From: Maggie from Billing Department <adam6024gtr@gmail.com>

Date: August 25, 2020 at 9:53:50 AM EDT

Subject: Subject

Reply-To: cora2365dav@gmail.com

Note: Your Bank Account Will Be Debited in the Next 24 Hours ...

• August 26, 2020 at 7:50 PM by info

Received this email this morning. Called the number 1-877-542-4992 and told them to cancel subscription. I was told it would cost $149.00 to cancel the subscription. I asked to talk to the supervisor and was told there was no supervisor there. I hung up and googled Windows. Thanks for your time.

Deborah

• August 24, 2020 at 2:00 PM by an anonymous user from: Bloomington, Indiana, United States

just received same email - It's a scam!

• August 24, 2020 at 11:00 AM by an anonymous user from: Swedesboro, New Jersey, United States

I received the same email from Maggie Marie I dont even have a windows operating system

Scam

• August 17, 2020 at 11:32 PM by info

1-877-542-4992 is being used by scammers.

• August 17, 2020 at 1:28 PM by an anonymous user from: Melbourne, Florida, United States

Another new phone: 877-542-4992

• August 13, 2020 at 12:32 AM by info

1-844-486-6046 is being used by the scammers

• August 6, 2020 at 1:17 PM by an anonymous user from: Santa Rosa, California, United States

I received a letter from Maggie Marie, Billing Dept. Windows Support Center LLC with the same warning of an automatic charge of $499.00 for a 5-year automatic renewal subscription.

I called the number indicated (1-855-733-7426) and was told that I could cancel this subscription but had to pay $99.00 to cancel.

I told them I was not going to pay anything and they hung up!

Total scam but are now using mail to pull this off. Beware!

• August 5, 2020 at 6:37 PM by an anonymous user from: New Hartford, New York, United States

Just received. Scam email from Maggie Marie 1-877-846-0959. You can't reply to email. To cancel the auto renewal of firewall for $499.00 and states will be auto deducted from bank account. You need to call the number. I did Maggie answered and I in an angry voice said. NO NO NO! I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS She hung up. I called back got Michael. Started to tell him. & he hung up. I will still notify my banks. SCAMMERS!

• August 4, 2020 at 12:59 PM by info

1-877-846-0959 is being used by the scammers.

• July 28, 2020 at 11:05 PM by info

1-877-365-1381 is being used by the scammers.

• July 28, 2020 at 11:04 PM by info

"From: "Maggie from Billing Department" <kiren.billingdepartment@gmail.com>

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:33:36 AM

Subject: Thank you for your order (#085147)

Successful Payment Confirmation for Auto Renewal! ..."

Received this.

• July 27, 2020 at 5:01 PM by an anonymous user from: Hammond, Indiana, United States

I received this email today. They said they would deduct 449.00 from my account. Please see that these people are punished for this scam.

• July 18, 2020 at 10:43 AM by info

"WINDOWS SUPPORT CENTER LLC HEAD OFFICE REDMOND, WA 26399 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Date: 07/17/2020

Dear Customer,

You do not need to reply to this email and your subscription will be auto-renewed and $449 will be automatically debited from the bank account in file.

If you wish to discontinue and cancel then call our Billing Department by calling TOLL FREE 1-855-733-7426 and speak with our cancellation officer and they will guide you to through the cancellation process.

Please Do Not Reply to this Email. This Mailbox Is Not Monitored And You will Not Receive A Response. For further assistance Call TOLL FREE 1-855-733-7426

Regards, Maggie Marie Billing Department Windows Support Center LLC Toll Free -1-855-733-7426"

Another scam.

• July 18, 2020 at 10:34 AM by info

Date: 07/17/2020

Dear Customer,

Received this scam.

• July 15, 2020 at 2:24 PM by an anonymous user from: San Rafael, California, United States

I, too, received the exact email but with a different call back number. I'm also thankful for your posting on the scam.

• July 7, 2020 at 4:47 PM by an anonymous user from: League City, Texas, United States

I have received two of these emails in the last two days. Mine are from a “Maggie Marie”, with the same Windows Support Center and the same city and state - Redmond, Washington. However, my emails have a different phone number to contact: 877-542-4992. The body of the email is the exact same as shown in the article. I figured it was a scam, but glad I found this article. Thanks for posting it.

• July 6, 2020 at 2:42 PM by an anonymous user from: Renton, Washington, United States

I received an email just like the one above on this page today 7/6/2020. Thank you for your post stating that it is a SCAM!

Windows Support Center LLC Email Scam