The following are some essential tips that will help you write high-quality essays. There is nothing as bad as going off-topic when it comes to writing an essay. Reading the essay question carefully allows you to fully understand what is being asked of you; therefore enabling you to write a quality essay. To fully understand the essay question try doing the following:
- Highlight the keywords of the question.
- From the highlighted words try finding all the words that tell you exactly what is expected of you.
- Look out for words that limit what kind of essay you are supposed to write about. Some essays restrict you on the scope of the essay.
Research the subject of the essay thoroughly
Doing thorough research will give you the relevant material to be able to write a quality essay. The following are some great tips to help you when you are researching:
- Use relevant books and journals when you are doing your research. Always use relevant sources of information. Try to stay away from online resources such as Wikipedia or forums as they are not educational resources.
- Summarise what you have read in your own words to ensure that you fully understand the topic of your essay.
- It is a good idea to write down specific quotes from the research material you find. This is very helpful when it comes to explaining strong points within your essay. However, you must acknowledge the people who said them.
After doing thorough research about the subject matter, having a brainstorming session is often the next stage. Brainstorming ensures that your mind is open and you can come up with additional points that will make the essay even better. Try using a mind map to ensure that additional information is well thought out and is well-argued in the body of the essay. You will be surprised at how much you can achieve by brainstorming using a mind map.
Develop a thesis
A thesis is the backbone of any high-quality essay. A thesis is designed to show the specific arguments logically within the essay. Try not to make it too simplistic but rather show that some work was put into coming up with a relevant thesis.
Come up with a writing plan
It is a good idea to plan the sequence of your essay. This will ensure that your essay flows in a logical order from start to finish. Make sure that your points are relevant to the subject matter and make sense.
Start the essay by coming up with a relevant opening statement. After you do that introduce your thesis as you bring up the subject matter of your essay. Even though you may want to write the introduction at the beginning, the best introductions are written at the end.
The main body of your essay
Ensure that all your points are well arranged in a logical sequence making sure that each point is given its unique paragraph to make reading simpler.
To write my essay it is a very good idea to show evidence that supports your theory and make each point clear. This will make your essay a lot more authentic.
Try to mention the thesis within the body of the essay to show the reader that you are fully aware of it and have not gone off-topic. This is a very important practice when it comes to writing a quality essay.
After writing the body of the essay summarises the main points as briefly as possible in the conclusion. This is the best place to show the reader just how you have been able to prove your thesis using the points given. After doing this, look for a unique statement that fully encompasses your thesis to finish with. This sentence must be thought-provoking and get the attention of the reader of the essay.