Scammers are sending phishing scam text messages like the one below to Arvest Bank customers. The messages contain a link to phishing websites that steal account credentials, personal and financial information. Therefore, recipients of suspicious text or email messages that appear to be from Arvest Bank are asked to contact the financial institution to confirm or go to www.arvest.com .
Arvest Bank Scam Text
How to Protect Yourself
- Never provide your personal information in response to an unsolicited request, whether it is over the phone or over the internet
- If you believe the contact may be legitimate, contact the financial institution to confirm
- Never provide your password over the phone or in response to an unsolicited internet request
- Review account statements regularly to ensure all charges are correct
- Never click on the link provided in an email you believe is fraudulent
- Do not be intimidated by an email or caller who suggests dire consequences if you do not immediately provide or verify financial information
- If you fall victim to an attack, act immediately to protect yourself
What To Do If Victimized
If you have received a suspicious email claiming to be from Arvest Bank asking you to confirm or verify any information by visiting a web page, please visit their Report Fraud page for information on how to notify them.