The Microsoft Word exploit is called "LuckyCat" which allows malware to be spread via documents. The Mac OS/X Java exploit infects your computer if you should go to a web page that has the trojan. While on the page, the trojan will install itself without prompting you or giving you any indication that its being installed.
This trojan can allow a hacker to take remote control of your computer and use it maliciously or/and steal your information.
This is how the trojan behaves according to Symantec.com:
1. When the Trojan starts running, it creates the following file so that it executes whenever the victim's computer starts:
/Users/[USER NAME]/Library/ LaunchAgents/com .apple.PubSabAgent.plist
2. It creates the following file:
/Users/[USER NAME]/ Library/Preferences /com.apple.PubSabAgent.pfile
3. It connects to the following location and opens a back door on the victim's computer:
4. It may allow a remote attacker to perform the following actions on the victim's computer:
5. Download other malicious files to the victim's computer
6. Take screenshots of your computer screen
7. Upload information is has gathered to a remote computer
Mac users should ensure that an anti-virus software is installed and updated daily.
For a patch update, please see go to:
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (1)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review