Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
« »

How to View, Edit and Remove Your Facebook Likes, Shares or Comments You Cannot Locate

2015-03-31T21:05:29  +
How to View,  Edit and Remove Your Facebook Likes, Shares or Comments You Cannot Locate

Have you ever accidentally or unknowingly liked, shared or commented on some Facebook Posts and is unable to view, remove or undo those activities because you cannot locate the posts? Well, if you are like thousands or even millions of Facebook users who do this daily, then we can help you. Facebook has an activity log that shows you all the posts you have liked, shared or commented on, and gives you the option to edit or remove them.

Please continue reading below.

How to View, Edit or Remove Facebook Likes, Shares and Comments You Cannot Locate

• For a desktop computer user:

1. Log or sign into to your Facebook account (www.facebook.com). Move to the next step if you are already signed into Facebook.
    2. Click on the Facebook Setting icon (down arrow icon), located at the top right corner of the page.
      Facebook Setting icon - Gear Looking icon
    3. Click the “Activity Log” menu item. A list of all your Facebook activities will be displayed.
      Facebook Setting menu
    4. Click the “Pencil” icon to the right of each activity. This will give you the option to remove or hide that activity.
      Facebook Activity logs
  • For a mobile user:

1. Tap the Facebook Menu icon

Facebook mobile menu

2. Scroll down until you locate the "Activity Log" menu item and tap it.

3. Locate the post or activity, and click on the down-arrow located to the top-right corner of it.

That is all you have to do.

Now, If you want to view all your Facebook applications or delete an application from your Facebook account that you think you unknowingly or accidentally installed, please click here.

Also, report scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent.

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Please continue reading below.

Comments, Questions and Reviews ✍

• Posted: Jul 10, 2018 11:40 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Marion, South Carolina, United States

They're asking for credit card info for some movie sight. Me like a dumbass I put my info in cause they said it was free for a 7 day try.

I was going to delete my membership after a day of so but got up this morning and they took money off my card.

I sent them a long email cussing them out. Im like any other person out here on a fixed income struggling and thought hmmm I can watch movies for free, SHOOT! Jumped right on in that dummy trap. Them Jackass's fooled me!

• Posted: Jul 7, 2018 12:55 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I love the activity log; the only problem is I can never find what I need to when I go back because I can never remember the dates.

If there was a way to make into catagories that would be awesome in order to utilize it on a constant basis

• Posted: May 18, 2017 11:39 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States

Why can't I remove some Fb websites, ie., block them? Please advise. I'm afraid they may be malicious, or otherwise, hacks that don't have a right to keep from being blocked. Thank you.

• Posted: May 9, 2017 7:36 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Honiton, England, United Kingdom

I'm tired of those posts that say he/she has cancer and no one cares enough to pray. Its cruel and heartless.

• Posted: Feb 10, 2017 7:13 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States

I have been trying to get Facebook to delete my sons picture that is all over the place. I have reported several people that are doing this to my infant without my permission. I've reported the picture every way possible and the actual profile. I keep getting "it doesn't go against community standards"! Help me please!

• Posted: Feb 1, 2017 7:37 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Palm Bay, Florida, United States

How do I "unfriend" a person?

• Posted: Feb 1, 2017 9:25 PM by info

To unfriend someone:

Go to that person's profile
      Tap Friends
      Tap Unfriend
      The person you unfriended won't be notified.

If you don't want someone to see your profile, add you as a friend or send you a message, you can block them.

Note: If you unfriend someone, you'll be removed from that person's friends list as well. If you want to be friends with this person again, you'll need to add them as a friend again.

• Posted: Jan 11, 2017 9:28 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape, South Africa

Are there specific instructions to check authenticity of posts from an Ipad?

• Posted: Jan 11, 2017 11:03 PM by info

No,it takes a lot of research.

• Posted: Sep 24, 2016 1:11 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Worcester, England, United Kingdom

I have reported so many of these posts to fb for being disrespectful and offensive!!! Fb never remove the posts!!! It's fb's fault... ban the posts... they are disgusting and I'm sick of them appearing on my newsfeed.

• Posted: Feb 9, 2017 2:36 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Athens, Attica, Greece

Trouble is, you cannot block these users. Why is that? I'm fed up reporting these posts and nothing is done about them. Same with fake holiday or car pages. What does Facebook actually do? Nothing.

• Posted: Sep 27, 2016 10:28 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Sacramento, California, United States

I hear ya, I've unfollowed friends who kept posting stuff condemning me if I don't comply with their demands.

• Posted: Oct 2, 2016 12:00 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Houston, Texas, United States

I'm new to facebook and it makes me reconsider if it's worth staying. I have seen these scamming messages... It's very confusing. Now I have to go back and check all my posts and clean them up. I don't have time for this. Facebook should take responsibility to keep scammers off, or I am leaving. I have OTHER things to do WITH my Life!

• Posted: Dec 28, 2016 10:48 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Yup, you're exactly right!

• Posted: Sep 22, 2016 5:55 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

So how if I already like the post and I don't know which one I like. How to delete it?

• Posted: Sep 22, 2016 8:15 AM by info

The Facebook Activity Log page will tell you which posts you have liked. You may unlike the posts from the same page.

• Posted: Apr 24, 2016 10:38 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Globe, United States

How are people able to use my friends names to post to my FB page? In the last couple days I have gotten a couple postings showing them to be from two of my friends, the postings are not on their pages, so I know they are scams, but how can they use our names for phishing posts?

• Posted: Apr 24, 2016 11:22 AM by info

Cybercriminals trick your friends into installing malicious apps and malware that hijack their Facebook accounts, and use the hijacked accounts to send spam and malicious posts to their friends.

Also, Cybercriminals clone Facebook user accounts and trick their friends into accepting friend requests from the cloned accounts. Click here for information.

• Posted: Apr 10, 2016 6:18 PM by an anonymous user from or near: The Bronx, United States

It is so frustrating when FB post and repost this click bait! And they seem to have an attitude about it when you try and alarm them.

• Posted: Sep 21, 2016 11:47 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Cornwall, Ontario, Canada

Then why doesn't Facebook block these then.

• Posted: Dec 28, 2016 10:52 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Yup, why is Facebook allowing these scams in the first place if they already know about this?

• Posted: Mar 8, 2016 8:49 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Punchbowl, New South Wales, Australia

How do I report these "amen" post?
    I tried, but if I click it's a spammy post they won't let me report it unless it has to do with nudity or violence.

• Posted: Feb 18, 2016 6:19 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Coalville, England, United Kingdom

Facebook needs to block these type of users and delete their accounts.

• Posted: Dec 28, 2016 10:54 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Yup, Facebook is allowing these scams when they should've blocked them in the first place so no one is affected by it at all!

• Posted: Feb 16, 2016 1:50 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Durban, South Africa

It takes far too long trying to scan the activity log for several months for possible spam that I responded to. Can I filter the data to show only logs containing a key word (e.g. "Amen")?

• Posted: Feb 16, 2016 2:04 PM by info

Currently, no.

• Posted: Feb 14, 2016 8:17 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Ottawa, Canada

Please post warnings often. Thank you.

• Posted: Feb 14, 2016 8:24 AM by info

We do, just keep checking our website or register to receive alert notifications.

• Posted: Feb 12, 2016 10:45 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Newark, New Jersey, United States

How do I delete old comments on my FB without doing them one by one. Maybe six months or a year at at a time.

Thanks.

• Posted: Feb 12, 2016 11:03 AM by info

That is currently not possible.

• Posted: Feb 10, 2016 12:54 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thank u. I thoroughly dislike these posts but feel awful for the people, mostly sick or injured children, so I've typed Amen the first few times I saw them.

I figured it was deceitful & have since stopped commenting or hitting the like button on such posts!

I'm removing my comments immediately....These are disgusting horrible people who should be kicked off/banned from FB or @ least warned & then banned!

• Posted: Dec 28, 2016 10:58 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Yup, those horrible people should be banned immediately okay!

• Posted: Feb 7, 2016 7:49 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Unionville, Missouri, United States

I want to thank you for posting this. I am going to get rid of all that I have commented on. We all appreciate what you are doing for us.

• Posted: Dec 28, 2016 11:00 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Yes, thank you so much Facebook for warning all of us but you really need to focus on stopping them from doing this to anyone okay Facebook!

• Posted: Feb 6, 2016 12:51 PM by an anonymous user from or near: West Long Branch, United States

I didn't know that, thank you. Now have to delete this message from my time line. Thank you for this information.

• Posted: Feb 5, 2016 3:00 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

There is a video of a mother and daughter saying incest is alright and she has done this to her daughter since she was a baby which is just wrong she should be arrested but she says they have been to her house and they have done nothing to her well they have a video showing and telling about it so why can't they do something about it that's against God's law not alone the judicial law.

• Posted: Feb 3, 2016 1:05 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Waterford, Michigan, United States

How do you block it on your cell phone?

• Posted: Feb 1, 2016 7:12 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Suva, Central, Fiji

This is very helpful

• Posted: Jan 25, 2016 9:49 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

There are fraudulent scams that use the same line "1/2 the size I used to be" all sponsered by an artist. When you open the ad it says Doctors if you sign up for the trial which says 14/30. On the stroke of midnight they charge your account 90.00. When you call to cancel it takes 20 mins and for your 90.00? They never send it. They are stealing hundreds of dollars from anyone who tries it. Can't Facebook ban them?
    Teresa

• Posted: Feb 14, 2016 8:15 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Ottawa, Canada

Don't EVER enter your credit card information! That's clue #1 that they will charge you! Also, when downloading "free" apps from the Google Play Store, they ask for credit card info for in-app purchases but you can press SKIP (not enter info) to just accept and download the app.

• Posted: Feb 16, 2016 2:32 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Brisbane, Australia

Hi, is it safe to make in app purchases with your credit card through Play Store?

• Posted: Feb 16, 2016 8:34 PM by info

Yes, it is safe. But, please click here for information before you start doing so.

• Posted: Feb 3, 2016 3:52 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Northumberland, United States

Thank you. I do sometimes; I click on a post, write something, send it and it is not even the post I thought I had commented on.

• Posted: Jan 16, 2016 11:20 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Bangkok, Thailand

Just find it disturbing when one of my Facebook friends adds me to a group.

Facebook, please make an approval button, so when someone adds users to their group, the users should confirm.

Thanks!

• Posted: Dec 28, 2016 11:08 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Yup, I think there should be an approval button too!

• Posted: Jan 11, 2016 7:08 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

I have reported quite a few photos to Facebook regarding this and they seem too think it doesn't violate their standards! Sick.

• Posted: Jan 30, 2016 6:38 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Milton, Vermont, United States

I've reported several things to Facebook. Recent, a Facebook page created to post pictures and sayings about the rare loins or elephants etc that they kill, bragging. I reported it three times to Facebook and they did nothing, saying it didn't violate their policies or procedures and some other stupid word I actually had to look up. It's worthless reporting anything to them, they don't bother or care,,,at least that's been my unfortunate experience. However, sounding like an idiot, I enjoy Facebook to keep up with my friends and extended family etc. I will not comment or post anything public however.

My Facebook page, as far as I know is lo ked down, except for that damn cover photo. I make that something simple not personal. I hear ya peeps. Of course I will say it again, this has been my experience with Facebook. I'm sure others may have had good luck. ( Pardon any errors as this was typed from my cell phone and at times that auto correct has a mind of its own, even when I check the words.

• Posted: Jan 11, 2016 9:16 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Elmendorf, Texas, United States

I had one person who posted my personal info such as my physical address without my permission. I did not know this person from Adam. I submitted my complaint so many times I can't count and FB did nothing.

• Posted: Dec 28, 2016 11:15 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Facebook should've immediately blocked or banned whoever done that to you period no questions asked because that person didn't ask you if it was okay with you to do that!

• Posted: Jan 14, 2016 12:53 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Paramount, California, United States

Why do you have such information available somewhere where anyone can access it? If you ever provide personally identifiable information anywhere, someone who knows how to find information on anyone can find it and publicly post it-anywhere.

Hackers do this all the time, and these individuals/groups make the 11:00 PM news. Search yourself and see what you find then act on it. Search your name, address, and telephone number. You might be surprised.

• Posted: Feb 3, 2016 11:36 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Schenectady, New York, United States

I Google'd my name, and my Facebook link and profile picture was in the list of results. I'm very uncomfortable with that idea.

• Posted: Jan 8, 2016 3:50 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Pasong Tamo, Philippines

Thank your for the information. The best thing we can do as responsible Facebook users is to ignore these posts to prevent them from spreading. I viewed the profile of some of those posted these kind of photos and one thing they are in common is that their profiles don't look like a normal account. They don't have personal friends. Their account might be created just for scam.

• Posted: Jan 6, 2016 8:44 PM by an anonymous user from or near: London, England, United Kingdom

I have done this lots of times,thanks for giving us the option of removing the comments and helping us to feel safe on facebook.

• Posted: Jan 5, 2016 3:37 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Florida, United States

Thank you for your warning!

• Posted: Jan 5, 2016 7:05 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Lore City, Ohio, United States

I think it isn't fair I can't block someone that had already blocked me. They would constantly ask me to friend them. I didn't, poked me etc. So when I tried to block them their name will NOT come up. I figure it's because they've since blocked me. I don't even like the idea they can see my profile pictures ( I'm private to public). Why can't I type in the linked name or email and block them? Seems fair.

• Posted: Jan 15, 2016 10:34 AM by Gina from or near: Mountain View, United States

I completely agree with that! I've had the same problem. Thanks for posting!:-)

• Posted: Jan 5, 2016 12:38 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Helena, Georgia, United States

If they have blocked you, then you are also blocked from them. Blocking automatically goes both ways.

• Posted: Jan 6, 2016 7:17 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Arnold, United States

Issue being, if you want me blocked bc I'm harassing you but I blocked you first then you cannot block me. Therefore I can unblock you momentarily harass you some more then block you again. Within a certain time of course.

• Posted: Feb 3, 2016 11:39 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Schenectady, New York, United States

Exactly, but there's a 48 hour wait before they can be reblocked. So you do have a chance to block them now. I just recently discovered that.

• Posted: Jan 5, 2016 12:53 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Quezon City, Philippines

If you noticed your account sharing an unwanted links or nude pictures on your friends timeline without doing it. That is the time to change your password in your account.

• Posted: Jan 5, 2016 12:43 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Quezon City, Philippines

Now I know. Thank you for the information and your concern to all facebook users. I'll help to spread this to all my friends in facebook.

• Posted: Jan 1, 2016 8:03 PM by an anonymous user from or near: North Olmsted, Ohio, United States

I thought that there was something wrong with all the pictures and those asking for prayers or Amen. I stayed off for a while and still saw them. How foolish we are to think everything on Facebook is true.

• Posted: Jan 2, 2016 8:54 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Bella Vista, Arkansas, United States

I respond to none of those, the only ones I comment on are posted by family otherwise I type nothing, for the most part anyway!

• Posted: Jan 1, 2016 2:23 PM by dsh1957 from or near: Roscoe, Illinois, United States

I happened to go to "Friend requests Sent" and found a whole page filled with requests that I did not send. Is there a way to retract them? Thanks for the above article and your expected help!

• Posted: Jan 5, 2016 9:22 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Keller, United States

Yes, you can cancel the request by using "cancel friend request."

• Posted: Jan 1, 2016 5:00 PM by info

You cannot retract them. But, you need to change your password in case someone gained access to your account and sent the requests.

• Posted: Jan 1, 2016 12:11 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Compton, California, United States

What is Facebook doing about these malicious fake FB users that are intentionally putting innocent childrens' pictures, by the way is a criminal charge! And all their other sm*tt to make the public with compassion feed into their contents and fall for their fake posts?

Theirs sooo much n*dity and innapproriate stuff on Facebook, I am considering closing my account.

I don't need to see so much hate, bullying, & crap advertisement, poor at that!

It's also ruined so many marriages and relationships, friendships. Due to context being aired with no reproccution from YOU WHO CREATED FB!! AND YOUR TEAM IS SUPPOSE TO BE MONITORING THIS!

It's very sad to because, I have met amazing friends, and this was how we met. But FB isn't the only social Media out their where we can communicate and share pictures with our followers!

I have a lot of ideas how I would change things for the best for FB, being a business women for 28 years I do know a few things how to keep people feeling like their appreciated by my TEAM MEMBERS OF 400.

Not as many as you, I may own dealerships, but I do deal with the public hands on daily as a owner! Not my managers only. That's the difference. Personal interactions huge!

Happy New Year! Sorry I am leaving your site, Facebook, I wish you the happiest & Blessed year.

God Bless.
    Mitzie N.

• Posted: Dec 28, 2016 11:29 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Wow! You prove that there are still some good human beings and people out there! Facebook is really going to miss you alot so take care and God Bless 😇Mitzie!

• Posted: Jan 11, 2016 9:20 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Elmendorf, Texas, United States

I agree, there is a lot of p*rn on FB, all you have to do is type s suggestive word and it will pop up. I complained about that and they say it doesn't violate the community standards, blah blah blah. BS!!!!

• Posted: Jan 1, 2016 10:23 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Decatur, Illinois, United States

What about the ones that say If I said "HI, I wonder how many friends would say HI back." There are so many of these. And they say a multitude of different things. But they all want you to hug or say HI or many different things like that.

• Posted: Jan 3, 2016 11:27 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Laurens, South Carolina, United States

Wouldn't let me delete.

• Posted: Jan 1, 2016 10:39 AM by info

It is possible that scammers will use those too. It is best to ignore or delete those posts.

• Posted: Dec 30, 2015 7:39 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Cornwall, Ontario, Canada

As asked by an anonymous user from San Francisco, California:
    How can we remove ALL from our activity log from years and years? Like many others, I have learned over the years the "what not to do vs what to do", and I would love to "start from scratch" (i.e.: used to play many, many games and have 'posts' from them asking friends for items/"click here for points"/etc.

I would really like to remove them all and (hopefully) help minimize the possible "congestion" that can be caused by so much taking up "memory" (sorry...not very "tech savvy" here :-( LOL)

Thank you.

Posted: 2 weeks, 6 days ago by an anonymous user from San Francisco, California, United States:

How can you remove all from your activity log from years and years.
    delete.

• Posted: Dec 30, 2015 7:56 AM by info

Facebook currently doesn't allow users to remove all their activity logs at once. So, you will have delete one activity at a time.

• Posted: Dec 17, 2015 8:09 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks for information. I do not say amen in any. But so annoying getting them, I have had to delete people who send them. This has been on Facebook for some time, why do people still still click "Amen"!

• Posted: Dec 22, 2015 10:47 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Glenolden, United States

Thank you. I get you hear messages all the time. The ones that say don't scroll pass the child who has cancer (sick child) picture without typing Amen, is exhausting. Now I know what to do....Cheers!

• Posted: Dec 14, 2015 12:50 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Mulino, Oregon, United States

Thank you. Great info.

• Posted: Dec 11, 2015 8:13 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Texas, United States

Is there a search link for finding the posts I opt out of.

• Posted: Dec 11, 2015 8:21 AM by info

Currently, there is no search. We will recommend it to Facebook.

• Posted: Dec 10, 2015 7:31 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Texas, United States

Thank you for the warning!

• Posted: Dec 10, 2015 6:25 PM by an anonymous user from or near: San Francisco, California, United States

How can you remove all from your activity log from years and years.

• Posted: Dec 10, 2015 2:46 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Texas, United States

I have tried to warn my friends, and to report to FB two times and they don't offer a report on scammer or what ever and both times they answered me that it was a legit FB person,..ugh!

• Posted: Dec 10, 2015 8:32 AM by an anonymous user from or near: London, England, United Kingdom

Thanks for information, didn't know they were scammers.

• Posted: Dec 9, 2015 2:17 PM by an anonymous user from or near: New York, New York, United States

I have commented on some of them to tell them they are wrong, and some of the pictures they use are of kids I know on facebook, and their parents want the pictures removed. I also google the picture and see if it is legit and some are not, even what they say they are; this is scary and wrong.

• Posted: Dec 9, 2015 5:15 AM by an anonymous user from or near: London, England, United Kingdom

Hi, I have said "Amen" and liked lots of them over the years, but won't any more. Thank you.

• Posted: Dec 8, 2015 3:51 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Paris, ÃŽle-de-France, France

Thank you, though I've never replied to any of these amen or prayer messages. My mum told me something about it and have found this extra information very useful.

Show More of the 86 Comments