Child Hospitalized With Morphine After Eating Nestle Little Choc Chick Smarties

The Facebook post: "PLEASE SHARE this chocolate chick was bought for my son on friday from sainsburys, immediately after eating the smarties inside Finley complained of tummy pains...", which appears to have been posted by a parent, claims that his/her son was hospitalized after eating a Nestle Smarties Little Choc Chick. The post then claims that the child was found with Morphine in his body.

Child Hospitalized With Morphine After Eating Nestle Little Choc Chick Smarties
Advertisement

Here is the Facebook Post

"PLEASE PLEASE MUM'S BE AWARE OF THIS PRODUCT "

Nestle Smarties Little Choc Chick

PLEASE SHARE this chocolate chick was bought for my son on friday from sainsburys, immediately after eating the smarties inside Finley complained of tummy pains resulting in severe vomiting and a small seizure, within half hour of eating Finley was in hospital found with MORPHINE in his body! He is now at home on the mend. PLEASE BE WARY OF THIS PRODUCT!

Nestle claims that there no is evidence that their product had something to do with the child's illness.

They posted the following statement on their Facebook page:

We’re very sorry to hear that a child was taken ill and delighted that he has quickly recovered. The family are naturally very concerned, and have suggested that a Smarties Choc Chic may have caused their son’s illness. We are therefore working with the family to help establish what happened. However, there is no evidence to indicate that the Smarties Choc Chic was the source of the child’s illness.

Please revisit this page, because we will continue to update it as soon as we get more information about this incident.

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Would you share this article with others?  +

DonateHelp maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews

Comments (Total: 3)

To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.

Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

  • April 9, 2014 at 9:18 AM by an anonymous user from: Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Do you think it's come from this?

    <a href="http://www.wvva.com/story/24614626/2014/02/02/snorting-smarties-a-new-trend-dangerous-health-effects" target="_blank">Snorting smarties - a new trend dangerous health effects</a>.

    US smarties equate to UK Swizzles or love heart type sweets.

    Another Urban legend?

  • April 8, 2014 at 3:49 PM by an anonymous user from: London, England, United Kingdom

    Do we know which city?

    • April 11, 2014 at 6:13 AM by an anonymous user from: Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

      Humberside area.

Comments Show More Comments (2)

Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review

Recommendation / Advertisement
Child Hospitalized With Morphine After Eating Nestle Little Choc Chick Smarties