"Workers Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB)" Facebook Scam

"Workers Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB)" Facebook Scam

Would you share this Article with others?

Facebook users are asked to delete or ignore messages that claim they are have won thousands or millions of dollars in the Workers Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB), and that their names were seen on the winners' list. Some of the messages claim that the government is giving away grants and the recipients' names are on the list. But, the messages are fakes that are being sent by scammers. Therefore, recipients of those messages are asked not to respond to them with their personal information, or follow the instructions in them, even if the messages appear as if they were sent by a friend or family member. Scammers have cloned or hijacked some Facebook users' accounts, and are sending fake messages to their friends, in an attempt to trick them into sending their personal information and money.

The "Workers Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB)" Scam

Congratualtions!!!

We recognise your name on the 2017 Workers Compensation Appeal Board Worldwide grant department. you are one of the...

It is a money grant program which is donated to randomly selected people by the Workers Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB) to assist people financially, with money all over the world for hearing, disable, young, old and retired.

I saw your profile details with the agent in charge when my grant was delivered to me, that's why I decided to tell you about it.

470-485-8117

1 347 947 1399

A Sample of the WCAB Scam on Facebook

The WCAB Scam on Facebook

A Fraudulent WCAB Website

A Fraudulent WCAB Website - claimwcab-nethouse.me

Facebook users, should not send their personal information to anyone on Facebook who claims they are winners of lotteries, online promotions, government program awards, or some other organizational awards. And, they should not send their hard-earned money or financial information either.

Please share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. Check the comment section below for additional information, if there is any. Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: info@onlinethreatalerts.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search engine.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts.

• October 19, 2019 at 4:55 PM by an anonymous user from Charleston, West Virginia, United States

a friend of mine said she had received 50000 and gave me the website to go to. I ended up sending $2800 before I took it to dollat general an found out from their fraud office that it was a scam; now I'm out of all that money and no way to get even with them.

• October 19, 2019 at 1:13 PM by an anonymous user from Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I received a message from a friend on Facebook, he was so happy about this scam, WCAB had sent him a ck . I thought I was texting with a friend. we both changed our passwords . Anything else we can do?

• October 19, 2019 at 6:50 PM by info

There is no need to do anything, but to report them to Facebook.

• October 17, 2019 at 3:07 PM by an anonymous user from Fort Myers, Florida, United States

Just got a messenger message from an old friend I had not heard from in some time asking how we were.

I replied saying we were fine and asked how she was.

She said fine and asked if we had heard about WCAB and what happened to her.

We sent her several short replies about our recent travels and some mutual friends to which she made some generic replies in which she referred to herself as 'us' (she is single).

We said we had not heard about WCAB but had looked it up and it appeared to be a scam.

She replied that it definitely was not a scam and that she had $200,000.00 delivered to her at her door. The wording of the messages was definitely what our friend would use.

We are contacting our friend to tell her that her facebook account has been hacked. Is there anything else that I should do to report this or protect myself from future scam attempts?

• September 25, 2019 at 7:23 PM by an anonymous user from Canberra, New South Wales, Australia

I had an old friend from Schools messenger account hacked and sent me a msg telling me to friend request a Kate Williams, who looks like a 70 to 80-year-old lady, I started it based on it was my good old friend, but I also started looking up the details online and it came up with your website, all that is above was the way they approached me too.

I have now blocked both my friends' false account and the Kate Williams, before giving them my details, but also msg'd my friends actual account and let her know, Is there anything else I should do to report this?

• September 9, 2019 at 1:07 PM by an anonymous user from Waterloo, Illinois, United States

google voice perscriber 408-686-4284 Hogan J Scott

MOre information.

• September 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM by an anonymous user from Waterloo, Illinois, United States

hogan j scott m.mehoganjscotta321

do you know this person, I've been contacted by this person

Barb

• September 9, 2019 at 4:09 PM by info

No, I do not know this person.

• September 7, 2019 at 9:27 AM by an anonymous user from Kennewick, Washington, United States

A friend who claimed to receive financial support from WCAB texted me to contact a certain phone number to apply for a grant. I texted the number and he responded right away. It seemed fishy. Is this a scam?

• September 12, 2019 at 3:29 PM by an anonymous user from Nashville, Tennessee, United States

This just happen to me

• August 28, 2019 at 12:13 PM by an anonymous user from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada

I was contacted by a friend. How do I confirm it's a scam?

• August 28, 2019 at 12:58 PM by info

The person who contacted is not your friend. It appears to be a scammer who may have cloned your friend's account. Therefore, pick up the phone and call your friend to verify or ask the person questions only your friend would know.

• August 18, 2019 at 2:58 PM by an anonymous user from Jacksonville, Florida, United States

I was contacted by a friend...so I thought at the time.

She has been alerted as well...

• August 13, 2019 at 4:28 PM by an anonymous user from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

Christine Wells contacted me through Sheila T.

• July 27, 2019 at 9:37 AM by an anonymous user from Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Crystal A Patrick contacted me through Grace Weaver

• August 5, 2019 at 2:00 PM by an anonymous user from Bedminster, New Jersey, United States

I have the scam on my messages right now. I have deleted the conversation 2 times. They get pushy right away!

• July 27, 2019 at 2:22 AM by an anonymous user from Weatherford, Texas, United States

hxxps://m.me/michaelsaam996 is the way they contacted me with also a clone of my cousins facebook account setting it all up

• July 10, 2019 at 5:12 AM by an anonymous user from New Port Richey, Florida, United States

I was contacted by a high school friend about workers compensation appealed board and human health service.I was told my name was on a list and to contact Margret Clifford at 702-825-0631. Her Gmail address PwbMargretClifford@gmail.com

• July 7, 2019 at 8:01 AM by info

I received a message from a former high school friend. She asked if I had been contacted by the human services Compensation Appeals Board HCAB.

I was immediately suspicious because I haven't talked to her for decades. She mentioned receiving $100,000. I wasn't aware she was ever injured.

She also asked me if I had heard of an Agent Abraham Steven. I searched online for information & found scam/fraud warnings. I have not shared any information except that I am out of town in Tulsa, OK.

I then noticed it appears this account was recently opened. I have attached screen shots of the conversation.

• July 1, 2019 at 10:36 AM by an anonymous user from Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

I received a message on messenger from John Raymond claiming I was entitled to $150,000.00 grant. I would have to pay a $2,000.00 agent filing fee in order to get my grant in cash. After I told they it was a scam, I received a message text from Johnathan Morgan the CEO in charge of WCAB. They even used a contact of mine that I would trust in if she recommended me for something. She texted me and stated that she had never been in contact with me. So they are clever and use people that you know to try and lure you in to their scam.

• June 28, 2019 at 12:12 PM by an anonymous user from Ocean Shores, Washington, United States

I got a FB friend request from a previous employer recently. I was a tad suspicious because it was almost exclusively a work relationship, but replied because it sounded friendly, and I thought you had to already be FB friends for scammers to get your name. After a few exchanges via messenger, it became clear it was fraudulent - related to this employee appeal board scam.

My question is: I wasn't connected to this friend via any social media, so how did the scammer know that I had a previous relationship with this person? Also, should I now warn all MY FB contacts?

• June 10, 2019 at 10:29 AM by an anonymous user from McKeesport, Pennsylvania, United States

I have received non stop messages from someone who has hacked a friends name. They are selling me I have money that I need to send for ut I will ave to send money to get, my mom fell for this and I know this is a scam , My friend is getting a phone with no internet because she is tired of people calling her and her son saying she is sending messages. Don't fall for this , it is fake

• June 9, 2019 at 4:26 PM by an anonymous user from Baltimore, Maryland, United States

HI World:

I just received one of these messages from a "so called friend of mine, indicating that I had won a grant from the above named agency. I think this should be reported to the Police and Facebook.

• June 2, 2019 at 10:27 AM by an anonymous user from Manassas, Virginia, United States

I fell for this scam. I am out of $450 for a delivery fee. I can’t believe I was this stupid! Don’t believe any of this stuff! No one is giving away thousands of dollars!

• May 28, 2019 at 9:49 PM by an anonymous user from Manti, Utah, United States

Let me just say I was to billable and fell for this. I lost $5000. The agent you talked to was Chris Aerts. I was contacted by a friend in fb.

• May 23, 2019 at 10:30 PM by an anonymous user from Alexis Creek, British Columbia, Canada

If you are scammed by these people, how do go about reporting it. What happens?

• May 23, 2019 at 11:24 PM by info

Report it here to help others. Then contact the police.

• May 14, 2019 at 10:49 PM by an anonymous user from Makati City, National Capital Region, Philippines

I was one of the victims of this scam, it's good I was so quick to realize when a certain Mark Donna asked for the payment of shipping & other fees in order to

get my winning money.

• May 5, 2019 at 9:00 AM by an anonymous user from Beaverton, Oregon, United States

Beware! Organization Name: Retired & Workers Compensation Board.

Is a Scam! We signed up and supposedly won $ 100,000 Dollars, we paid a$ 1,000 service fee and also Federal Tax's on the win of $8,500, Lost to us!

This is recent in the past two weeks.

Agent name: Jack Smith (phoney name.)

• April 24, 2019 at 10:11 AM by an anonymous user from New Iberia, Louisiana, United States of America

A lady name Ronnie Holbrook was trying to spam me out of money saying I could get 600,000.00 I just need to pay for fees 600.00 and 2500.00 for state fees my son look in to it and found out it was a new spam on facebook using one of my classmate name from school. I all most fail for the spam

• April 23, 2019 at 9:39 AM by an anonymous user from Gwynn Oak, Maryland, United States of America

what do you do if you already sent a copy of your license and realized midway through that it was a scammed? Now their asking for your bank account information.

• April 23, 2019 at 10:24 AM by info

Do not send them anymore information, and just be careful going forward because the scammers may sell your information to other scammers, who will contact you and attempt to trick you into sending them money or personal information.

• April 18, 2019 at 10:47 AM by an anonymous user from Indio, California, United States of America

I have not heard anything on my case. how long does it take

• April 9, 2019 at 12:19 PM by an anonymous user from Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

I was also contacted by it supposedly family member do I actually had never met but was on other relatives Facebook account but she had contacted me through messenger trying to tell me about this great deal was she had one money from the grant fun.

The I was also contacted by a supposedly family member who I actually had never met but was on other relatives Facebook account but she had contacted me through messenger trying to tell me about this great deal was she had one money from the grant fund. The WACB great fund is a scam. If you ever have to pay money to get money from a grant it is a scam.

I have been playing with them now for about three weeks just to see how far they’ll take it even told him I was in the hospital and they are still trying to get me to come up with $1000 to clean $80,000. People beware don’t fall for it you can play with them if you feel like it just to waste their time

• April 8, 2019 at 11:12 AM by an anonymous user from Montrose, Colorado, United States

I'm being contacted through a friend on my facebook. At first I had to apply to them to be a contact on my facebook. It wasn't long after that I started to get messages from this person about seeing my name on a list of winners.

This just happened this last week. Now I have another contact from facebook trying to get me to call IHHS. It sounds a lot like WCAB scam. I just wonder if anyone else has been contacted on IHHS and is this also a scam to beware of?

• April 7, 2019 at 7:38 PM by an anonymous user from Montrose, Colorado, United States

This opportunity was pointed out to me by a friend. I never did go through with it because nothing is free for no reasons.

My friend even stated she received her money and was pushing me to apply for the money.

This was last fall and I can't believe it's still out there.

I never reported it as scam because I tried to check it out even through the federal government and never got any replies.

• April 7, 2019 at 7:23 AM by an anonymous user from New York, United States

I was contacted a few days ago by a Facebook user. This exact scam was present.

• April 2, 2019 at 4:41 PM by an anonymous user from Newark, New Jersey, United States

I was contacted by a friend on 03/27/19 telling me about an UNDEF grant she received for $70,000. I didnt pay much attention.

She contacted me again today (4/02/19) asking if I had looked into it.I told her no and said I was nervous it was a scam. She went on to tell me about other people who got it.

She said they came to her house and she signed some papers and they gave her cash. She sent me a link and thats one way I found this site.

I went to my real friends FB and the first thing I notice is no chat history. She had no idea someone was using her name and picture. I took screen shots of most of the chat.

• March 31, 2019 at 2:53 PM by an anonymous user from Dublin, Leinster, Ireland

Same happened to me got a msg from a friend saying she had won 30,000 and had seen my name on their list of winners and gave me a contact agent.

Thank God I didn't fall for it. People Beware, you never get something for nothing

• March 28, 2019 at 10:34 AM by an anonymous user from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi there, I got a meassage from a Kenneth Moore Sr on facebook saying he was a claims supervisor from wcab, saying I won some money.

• March 25, 2019 at 2:23 PM by an anonymous user from Naperville, Illinois, United States

I have a “friend” I haven’t heard from in years now she is messaging me asking me if I have heard of this board, are they hacking into individual accounts and then contacting people?

• March 26, 2019 at 6:14 PM by an anonymous user from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I have been contacted by someone pretending to be a friend, I contacted my friend and asked if they sent me msg on messenger and they hadn't, as it didn't sound like something they would do.

This impostor even tried to call me on messenger which I didn't answer. Is there anything we caN DO about this person!

• March 26, 2019 at 6:21 PM by info

You cannot stop them, but you can share this article with your friends and family to help educate them.

• March 11, 2019 at 11:13 PM by an anonymous user from Richardson, Texas, United States

They are trying to get money from me right now what should I do.... I have been getting texts all day from them

• February 28, 2019 at 4:56 PM by an anonymous user from Sunnyvale, California, United States

I have been sent this same info and I don't trust it

• February 25, 2019 at 1:21 PM by an anonymous user from Wailuku, Hawaii, United States

I was contacted yesterday on fb by what seemingly was my friend, ( who’s account was hacked on fb), telling me she was awarded $80,000 by WCAB. She told me she saw my name on this list and told me to contact them to qualify for this money which is a free federal grant.

The email she gave me is: lolldeanna9@g.mail.com or text 1-234-249-5356.

Finding all this hard to believe, I contacted my friend to see if it was really her that won this money and messaged me on fb.

Found out this is a SCAM and bogus! My friend didn’t know anything about this and turns out she doesn’t even have a fb account. I texted this number back alerting them I filed a police report against them for fraud and not to contact me again!

• February 24, 2019 at 12:38 PM by an anonymous user from Ontario, California, United States

I just went through this scam in the exact same manner as so many others have described.

The person is Gail Munn and I was directed to send my moneygram from Wal-Mart in the amount of $ 2000.00 for a $ 200,000.00 return.I was to send this to; a Antione Spruill North Carolina Roanoke Rapids , 27870.

My concern is why am I making out a moneygram and sending it to a single persons address. my biggest concern is that a friend named Gail Munn from Facebook was the one who Initiate this. I have yet seen any legit WCAB grants!

• February 18, 2019 at 10:40 AM by an anonymous user from Magnolia, Arkansas, United States

I nearly fell for the same thing. I thought I was texting my ex-wife she is in California. I am in Texas.

I finally called her this morning she had no idea what I was talking about the phone number of that supposed to claim agent 832 324 9071. I'm sure a lot of people have fallen for that scam.

• January 31, 2019 at 12:24 PM by an anonymous user from Wallingford, Connecticut, United States

I was contacted by a friend who said he had received a large payment from this company and saw my name on the list. This was a childhood friend who I reconnected with on FB. Said he saw my name on the list and he had gotten $250,000 and I should get mine. Had this guy Mr. Brad contact me. Said for $7500 I would get $250000.

I asked if it was a legit company why pay money to get money. Was told it was to pay taxes and to make it my effect my SS. Stupid me, I sent it and delivery was set up. Then it was seized by the IRS and I needed to pay a fine of $12000 to release it but I would receive $300,000 for the trouble. Got really suspicious so my friend who had first contacted me started pressuring me.

Long story short, the high pressure, sell things if you have to, I finally smartened up. Lost a lot of money but realized that my “friend” was actually someone who had had his FB hacked and got very angry with me for asking him questions to prove it was him. Got in contact with the friends brother who contacted the friend who feels terrible that I got sucked in by them using him.

Had I not been very medicated and sick at the start of this, I would have had my wits about myself. These people need to be stopped. Will the FBI be interested in any information? They are still trying to get me to “help” him. Unbelievable! I have many law officials in the area but I worry they know where I live. Suggestions?

• January 27, 2019 at 2:35 PM by an anonymous user from Miami, Florida, United States

A friend said they saw my name on this list. Since I did receive Workman's Compensation at one time I thought this was for real. I definitely got caught up in this scam and have sent them close to $80,000. Meanwhile one delivery went bad and $2000 was stolen by P.O. carrier who claimed it was delivered to wrong address. I have been doing this for 3 months now and because my deliveries were not sent by the end of 2018 they are demanding another $5250.

Cindy Allen claims she has a picture of the cashiers check ready to be sent to me upon my delivery of $5250. The check is for $320,000. There always seems to be a delivery date that they did not tell me and then I owed more money. They keep asking me if I want a refund at this point I have gone through a lot of pain and anxiety over this and just want to be compensated.

I have depleted my savings and funds that I have saved for and lost all interest accumulated. Hoping there is someone or a lawyer that can help me. I am 76 years old living only on Social Security. If no action is taken I will report this to Laryon on ABC news.

• January 22, 2019 at 12:29 PM by an anonymous user from Oak Park, Illinois, United States

I also received a message from a cousin and determined that her facebook account had been cloned, when I was overly skeptical she even offered to give me 2K to apply for the 100K grant.

Needless to say I rejected the offer and advised my cousin who lives across the country that her FB account had been cloned.

• January 16, 2019 at 8:25 AM by an anonymous user from Avalon Beach, New South Wales, Australia

If the rsole is named Andrew Thomas... I have already reported him to facebook. there are many scammers out there. If they are using my account please let me know.

• December 11, 2018 at 8:24 AM by an anonymous user from Windhoek, Khomas, Namibia

I think I have just been scammed by Philip Luis poker lotto. He used my friends messenger and then she said she has one 250000 south african rand I had to pay in r10 000 and would then pay the rest of the money.

I have the bank detail of a certain w /nkosI in south africa, this money the r10000 would go to look after my 97 year old mother so I lost it paid in yesterday said they will deliver money to me. Then I can pay the rest as soon as I have received the winnings

when I look at her profile, she said somebody hacked into her messenger.

• December 10, 2018 at 10:48 AM by an anonymous user from Dallas, Texas, United States

They have contacted me through an old friend with facebook picture.

I was stupid enough to send some info and they want $1500 to send $150,000 via UPS to the house.

My gut tells me this is a scam.

My questions now are how to figure out if they have enough info to get into all my credit cards and bank info?

• December 9, 2018 at 5:00 PM by an anonymous user from Pittsburg, Kansas, United States

Same thing just happened to me. When I went to my cousin's real account and told her I thought she had been hacked, all the other one had sent me disappeared.

• December 7, 2018 at 11:10 AM by an anonymous user from Houston, Texas, United States

Contacted today by a Cindy Allen, Financial Service, 142 Cypress Way, Naples, Florida 34119.

https://www.facebook.com/cindy.all. en834.

Text 662-269-1527.

Said my name was found on her "list" and I was due $120,000. All I had to do was send. Or wire. $3,400. HA! The trigger was a message I received from a known Messenger friend whose account had been cloned.

• December 4, 2018 at 4:49 PM by an anonymous user from Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I was contacted by them from the number 3178639714 that I have 100,000 coming to me and I was suppose to pay the delivery fee. I did not pay it.

• November 23, 2018 at 7:12 AM by an anonymous user from Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I'm being contacted now by them. The phone number is 857-228-4861. Contact persons name is Tyrose Garrison.

At first they wanted $350.00 for delivery. Now they want a $100.00 dollar iTunes card for delivery.

• November 24, 2018 at 12:37 PM by an anonymous user from Newark, New Jersey, United States

They wanted 350.00 from my wife, now there trying me right now.

• November 21, 2018 at 3:17 PM by an anonymous user from Westerville, Ohio, United States

How are you doing?

-Who was our home room teacher in 10th?

I cannot recall

-I can't also recall?

You sat right behind me - right? Or was that Mindy?

Yeah behind you

Really?

Hope you heard about the wcab compensation fund yet

Nipe but you are a fraud

Why do you said that?

TELL ME MORE- You should look at facebook perhaps at your profile

Where did we see each other for breakfast?

I HAVE REPORTED THIS

Type a message...

• November 19, 2018 at 6:23 AM by an anonymous user from New York, United States

Watch out for Agent Marc Richardson.

• November 15, 2018 at 9:59 AM by an anonymous user from Bloomington, Illinois, United States

Well they almost got me. Got a message from a friend of mine to tell me about this wonderful grant and how much money they received.

I called the number cause how could my friend be wrong. Well they texted me and I got nervous after asking me to send money.

Got a hold of my friend through their daughter and it was all a scam.

• November 10, 2018 at 11:07 AM by an anonymous user from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I just received this by messager from a friend...thought it was a joke so I followed along, gave my phone number and street address..

When they asked for money I realized that I had been scammed.

I changed my facebook password along with blocking number in my texts along with messanger.

Anything else I need to do or worry about!

• November 10, 2018 at 11:29 AM by info

No, and don't send them your money.

• November 7, 2018 at 5:00 AM by an anonymous user from Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I've been told by a friend that my name was seen on the list of people that had won $100.000 in USD in a Workers Compensation once a year give away type thing.

Supposedly 350 people out of millions of names, and mine was one that was chosen. I have to send fee's for things like insurance, delivery etc, altogether $1280 dollars, is this real?

• November 7, 2018 at 5:59 AM by info

No, it is not real, it is a scam.

Once you are asked to send money, it is most often a scam. This is how the scammers rob their victims.

• November 4, 2018 at 2:32 PM by an anonymous user from London, England, United Kingdom

I have got caught by this scam for over £4500, I feel so gullible and such a fool to be sucked in. ? They word things to make you believe them.

Unfortunately I did. They tell you your going to get it delivered, then within an hour,they message you and say they need more money. They make you think you will lose out if you don't pay.

L Martin

• November 3, 2018 at 5:36 PM by an anonymous user from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Hi. I received this message via messenger. Supposedly from my stepmom. She told me I was on a list of winners and to "contact Katharine Rayner, she is the Agent in charge .

Email her on wcabworkcomp@protonmail.com. Write her that you are ready to claim your winning money. Make sure you keep me posted."

I haven't contacted the above as I always do due diligence to avoid scammers. Hope this information assists you in stopping this scam.

• October 23, 2018 at 6:24 PM by an anonymous user from Houston, Texas, United States

they just send me this message about the grant. I did send my information then they wanted my facebook email and password.

I didn't send my password so can they steal use my information

• November 1, 2018 at 9:41 AM by an anonymous user from Denver, Colorado, United States

Got the message on a friends text I knew it wasn't her. I looked it up I think I'll get rid of messenger, it is a pain.

• October 24, 2018 at 6:11 AM by info

No, and never send your passwords to anyone.

• October 19, 2018 at 12:37 AM by an anonymous user from Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States

Hello again, this is Dan Nakao following up on an earlier post. The organization I have in question is the Workers’ Compensation Board and is represented by a person named Lydia P Chris. She and her organization is claiming I’m entitled to a cash payment of $200,000 but first I have to submit a money transfer of $1280 to cover a “delivery fee”.

Paying money to get money doesn’t make sense to me and I want to be assured this is a scam. This organization also uses the moniker “NGO” saying it’s a non-government organization, if that may be of any help.

There is a FB page for this organization. Hopefully my message will be relayed to proper authorities who will track down those who are behind this scam.

• October 19, 2018 at 12:19 AM by an anonymous user from Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States

Hello, I’m being asked by a person named Lydia Chris from the Workers Compensation Board to come up with $1280 so I can get a cash payment of $200,000.

This definitely sounds too good to be true and I’m very suspicious about giving out money to get money.

Regarding this transaction, I wanted to do it face to face but I was given a lame excuse about “rules and regulations” requiring me to send a money transfer. I want to make sure this is a scam just like the others that I’m reading about here.

• October 19, 2018 at 8:46 AM by info

It is a scam. Once you are asked send money to receive free money, it is a scam.

• October 19, 2018 at 10:01 AM by an anonymous user from New York, United States

Thanks again for confirming my suspicions. I’m now playing around with this person and getting her (his?) sander up by demanding that she send me routine information such as business references, email addresses and phone numbers, and now she’s threatening to withdraw my “money” if I don’t stop asking questions!

How obvious can some people be and does she seriously think I’m some kind of fool?

• October 19, 2018 at 9:42 AM by an anonymous user from New York, United States

Thank you. This is dan and I wrote the second post that was listed as anonymous. To follow up, I just texted Lydia to ask for routine items like references, her phone number and her email address and so far she hasn’t responded.

This person was referred to me by a family friend named Sam Miller whom I’m trying to work out a business deal with, and I hope Sam’s deal isn’t a scam like this thing apparently is. Thanks again.

• September 28, 2018 at 12:09 PM by an anonymous user from Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States

Yes, the scam is totally real. I was just introduced with it on 9/14. A person that was connected to my family on face book that I thought was my family reach out to me.

I've been knowing of this person since 2014. So they inbox me and said they had good news.

Gave me this #240.261.2564 and said to tell them that my name is on they winning list.

Well, it appeared to be believable because of knowing the person from face book.

They wanted $750 and said I would get $200,000. You know it was believable at. So, I said I had to wait until 9/28.

So I told them I had the funds on 9/27.

But they wanted to wait until 9/28.

That's when I became even more suspicious. Then they said I would have to buy 7 $100 ITunes gift cards.

I told them I wasn't doing that. Even the so call person from face book was attempting to convince me. So, just know that you don't give money to get money.

• September 21, 2018 at 6:34 PM by an anonymous user from Lubbock, Texas, United States

I fell for it and gave them my information. don't know what's gonna happen now.

• September 21, 2018 at 7:19 PM by info

They will contact you and attempt trick you into sending them money. But, do not send them your money or any more information.

• September 20, 2018 at 12:56 PM by an anonymous user from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I got scammed by this guy named Blair Lewis and this guy named Bob. The two said they want to send money to us and they said that we are win 500.000, which was a lie. So people do not fall for it. And also they are getting the FedEx fake people to join in with them so don't fall for it people

• September 13, 2018 at 12:21 PM by an anonymous user from Valparaiso, Indiana, United States

I got a friend request from a nephew I hadn't heard from before, accepted and he told me about tis WACB and kept encouraging me to try it giving me the phone # and name.

I got suspicious when he never answered personal questions. So glad I checked. As with all scams, it's too good to be true

• September 12, 2018 at 1:43 PM by an anonymous user from Huntington Beach, California, United States

Unfortunately I bought into this scam and lost $17,000 dollars. My Iphone was hacked. The perpetrators took over the identity of two of my contacts who urged me to participate. This went on during the entire month of August.

I sent deposits to bank accounts, bought $2,000.00 in Itune cards, wired money at Walmart.

These people are very convincing. I finally was able to talk to the person whose identity they were using and he knew nothing about this scam.

Needless to say I was devastated. I filed a police report and filed a report on line with the FBI.

I don’t have the money to hire an attorney. Please don’t fall for this scam.

• September 3, 2018 at 10:05 AM by an anonymous user from Burnley, England, United Kingdom

Had a 'Friends' request from a Kathyryn Nixon --I accepted, she immediately started messaging me about claiming from The Workers Compensation Appeal Board. Told her I wasn't interested --she continued to press on with further information. --I 'UnFriended' her straight after.

• August 30, 2018 at 8:30 AM by an anonymous user from Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I just got contacted by a former neighbor of mine. Although it appears his facebook account may be hijacked the guy is using messenger right now with me.

Says I should text 530-777-5788 and (Agent Richard E Melton) and I should say - Hello sir, I would like to claim my money. That's all I need to do apparently.

Not really buying it. And pretty sure it isn't my old neighbor who is doing the typing.

• August 29, 2018 at 6:43 AM by an anonymous user from Seattle, Washington, United States

Kelly Moore also contacted me thru this number 270-681-2138

• August 27, 2018 at 8:42 AM by an anonymous user from Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States

I just received a message from Kelly Moore that I won as well. The phone number to text to was 802 589 0888

• August 25, 2018 at 9:40 PM by an anonymous user from Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Please check out phone#754-444-3223 the persons name is Linda Kindly with WCAB WORKERS COMPENSATION APPEAL BOARD.I bought two AMAZON gift cards at $500.00 each, took a picture of them with receipts & text them to her.

Told me to head home & wait on the FedEx man with the $100,000.00 & he would pick up the AMAZON gift cards.

Waiting on FedEx man with excitement I got another text saying I another $5,000.00 for insurance fees & paper work.

They said I needed to pay because the F B I was involved in their organization. I told them I could not afford to pay the $5,000.00 after 5 to 6 texts they have came down to $500.00 one more AMAZON gift card by tomorrow August 26 2018 . I would like to get my $1,000.00 back ! People doing things like this should be lock up !

• August 14, 2018 at 5:11 PM by info

Received via email:

"I received a Facebook messenger message from a Donna Monisola. She says her uncle received $150,000 from the USDPCAD (department of people compensation appeals board program) and that I should contact an agent by text a MR. William Baker at 1-978-310-1273 to see if I was on a winning list. I did text him and he told me after a few texts that I did qualify and to send him my full name, address, age and mobile number which I did.

He then messaged me back saying it will cost anywhere from $500 to 10,000 to pay for file fees and shipping depending on the amount I requested $50,000 to 1,000,000."

• August 12, 2018 at 9:27 PM by an anonymous user from Alexis Creek, British Columbia, Canada

I was contacted by a Kenneth Moore Sr he said he was a representatve of WCAB and that I could win my prize if I paid a small fee.

For $650 I would get $50 000.00 or for $750 I would get $80 000.00 or for $1500.00 I would get $150 000.00 and finally for $2500.00 I would get $250 000.00 prize.

I had to choose one and could pay for it either with a credit card or purchase iTunes cards in the amount chosen.

I would then have to take pictures of the cards along with receipts illustrating they were activate cards in the amount illustrated, upload and send to Kenneth Moore Sr.

He hacked my aunt Joyce's facebook and made it sound like she had received her money and saw my name on the list gave me a link to follow.

• August 8, 2018 at 7:30 PM by an anonymous user from Johnson City, Tennessee, United States

This WCAB scam almost gives itself away by using a phony name and address to send your money to start the process. They claim UPS requires the money to deliver the larger amount. I contacted UPS fraud division to report this.

• August 8, 2018 at 2:55 PM by an anonymous user from Wilmington, Delaware, United States

I received a facebook message from a "friend" asking if I knew about the Workers Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB)> I said I had not and he went on to tell me how great it was and did I want the information.

I said I would research all the info myself. I looked it up and for sure it was a scam, took a picture of is and sent it back to the "friend" and blocked him. I am pretty sure that it was not said, friend. That his account had been hacked.

• August 7, 2018 at 12:18 PM by an anonymous user from Longmont, Colorado, United States

I think they hacked a friends text message and she/they are telling me to call a number and sign up for WCAB. She would never answer my direct question of "which Grant did she apply for? ", so I started to think this was a scam. She said she received $200,000 delivered to her doorstep ...seemed fishy to me.

• August 28, 2018 at 2:49 AM by an anonymous user from Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

I have a family member that said she actually got the cash delivered to her by UPS. She paid the taxes and paid off all her bills. So, I don't know...

• August 28, 2018 at 6:18 AM by info

Tried contacting that family member directly by telephone and ask he/her to verify. This is because scammers are tricking Facebook users into giving them access to their accounts.

Once the scammers have access to the same accounts, they will contact the family members of the users whose accounts they have gained access to, and attempt to scam the family members by pretending to be the same users.

• August 3, 2018 at 11:09 AM by info

They are using this fake website: fedgrantb.com

• August 2, 2018 at 4:20 PM by an anonymous user from Kaneohe, Hawaii, United States

Thanks for posting re this despicable nonsense re scammers!!

• July 30, 2018 at 9:05 PM by an anonymous user from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

A friend's Facebook account was hacked. The hacker sent me the WCAB message. I smelled a rat straight away. He didn't sound like my friend, so I engaged him in idle chit-chat for a while.

My friend doesn't have time for idle chit-chat, especially at 7 am. I suppose the hacker realised I was suspicious when I told him the story sounded weird because he stopped responding. Criminal!

• July 30, 2018 at 7:39 PM by an anonymous user from Tampa, Florida, United States

Beware of anyone claiming you have a free federal government grant from the federal wcab, it's a SCAM. I was contacted by Charles Hutchison out of Wisconsin. He and other scammers Joseph Donald Dallas Texas took thousands from me. Charles Hutchison also pulled a SCAM dealing with Nigeria.

He said that his niece was I getting her dads inheritance. Another scam, Charles Hutchison even threaten my life. Beware I have a list of their names. Someone needs to put them in prison.

• July 30, 2018 at 12:51 AM by an anonymous user from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I have received the same contact via text which supposedly was from my daughters mother in law. She (they) asked if I had heard the good news? I immediately thought my daughter was pregnant.

I texted about my daughter and she didn't reply about that she just told me my name was on the list and asked if I had the money?

I became unsure at this point and asked if they put it directly in her bank? She replied they delivered it to her door. She offered to put me in touch with the compensation board via a link and asked me if I wanted it. I became suspicious and looked up this site as 350.000 sounded too good to be true. As they say if it's too good to be true, it is.

The other thing. Was that I am not very close to this woman and kept wondering why she was contacting me. Thank God I didn't get past the texting stage and I hope they can't get my phone number from Facebook. I will try to block them and remove my phone from Facebook.

• July 29, 2018 at 3:47 PM by an anonymous user from Avon, Connecticut, United States

A co-worker of mine(Wendy Cooper)asked if I had gotten a check from WCAB. I told her that I had never heard of them. I asked her why. She gave me the following info:(631)734 0770

Text him now that you heard about him from me and you're ready to claim your winning money get back to me so that I can tell you what to do next... Agentmarkcole1234@gmail.com & told me to send a text message to the phone number & a text message to the email address.

This is what I received prior to this: "

Have you heard the good news from WCAB already? It was the Annual bonus from (Workers Compensation Appeal Board)...have you heard from them? They are having a promo to help Retired, Veterans Employed and Unemployed, Youth, Old, Deafs and disabled with cash in the society and I saw your name too on their list when I received my money from FEDEX. I got $74,000.00 cash delivery from the promo and I saw your name among the winner's list when I was signing the delivery papers, haven't you got yours?

My money was delivered to me at my doorstep with check then the FedEx team follow down to the bank to have it cash out before leaving bank.

Well, I think you should contact the agent that helped me with my claiming, Do you want me to tell you how to do that?

She told me that she didn't talk to me yesterday via Messenger on Facebook between 12:02pm-12:24pm. I sent her copies of what she had written to me.

She told me that today is the first day that she has talked to me since Tuesday 7/24/18 at 9:29pm.

• July 27, 2018 at 10:26 AM by an anonymous user from Dayton, Ohio, United States

Ok, so I have been reading the comments on here and would like to let this web community know that I too was approached with this scam.

These grifters are getting pretty advanced in their delivery as mine was actually a 3 day set-up before the grift was set in motion.

First off, I should tell you that I recently broke my hand and have been off work for awhile. Not only am I in need of a supplement to my savings, I am going stir crazy at home with nothing to do with my day.

I am a furniture mover by trade and it is a high-paced endurance job and being off work has found idle hands and a mischevious streak. It stared by a friend request from a friend's mom, ( flag #1, she doesn't know me). I then received a call from"Steve" saying that my grant for financial aid went through and they needed my debit card# to deposit the funds.

Thankfully my account was actually overdrawn a few odd dollars and they informed me that a grant could not be deposited into an overdrawn account,( flag#2, deposits into overdrawn accounts brings them back above board).

I told them to call me back in a half hour and I will borrow the money to put my account in line. I then proceeded to call my bank and cancel my card, order a new one and put my bank on alert for fishy requests.

So it was on to phase 2 of their hustle. I received a message from my buddies mom with a story similar to everyone else's about seeing my name on the list and to blah...blah..... Here's their a number and to blah..blah...you all know the drill.

I went to her profile and it was 1 picture, female was her only info and no posts....... whatsoever,( flag#3). I decided to have some SERIOUS fun. I responded acting like an illiterate and desperate for cash hick.

Acting excited and relieved that my savior's were here to pull me out of the dire straits that my texts explained. Then came the application, mind you they didn't ask for money yet or my debit/SS card numbers,( they had that info already from the previous interaction).

so here is where it gets fun, ready? I apologized and said" I don't feel comfortable giving out my pedigree info without verifying the entity requesting it or, at the leather, the credentials of the representative taking the info. That is when he assured me that while I was right in being cautious that they were legit and I had nothing to worry about.

he even sent an award letter from a previous winner to prove that it is real.the award was straight out of Microsoft publisher from one of their templates.

The document was scrutinized and the subject of various jokes as I now have my whole family jerking this person around. I kept persisting in verification and apologizing stating that I wasn't trying to be difficult, and needed this to not be a scam. They then started internet yelling,(all caps) at me saying why am I not able to get to the bottom of this email and to fill out the application and send the money so I could receive my awarded grant. OOPS!

I stated that they never asked me for any money before and that I felt like I was being intimidated. They tried covering their tracks stating that it was explained to me earlier.

This is where I got really fun. I then told them that I was just nformed that from this text on I was to disclose to them that this conversation was being monitored from here on out by the Montgomery county field office of the FBI and agent Huckabee was my liason and overseeing the investigation.

Then, smugly, I said" and his credentials are blah...blah...yada yada yada! I was ready to burst into uncontrollable laughter thinking about the look on their face.

They then, unbelievably still texting, tryed to fight or flight with the rest of their replies. Mind you, we are going into day 3 of this recipricating and I'm sure they were squirming and highly upset given the time they had invested in this " illiterate and desperate hick" only to be spinning their wheels and going nowhere but to answer questions to me and my imaginary G-man.

I told them that,( straight out if Pulp Fiction) you are the SHEEP and I am the WOLF and Mr FBI is the sheperd and dinder of lost children. After that I couldn't text them anymore. THEY BLOCKED ME!

I then went to the original contact, my friends mom's ghost profile and, can you dig it, I was again blocked by our friendly grifters! I know I didn't really make a dent in the scammers pride, but I did keep one of them from scamming someone else for three days.

Chalk on we up for us WOLVES in SHEEP'S clothing. I had so much fun and kept myself busy while avoiding being scammed! I know that this issue in not a laughing matter, I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and there are people in place to rid us of these parasites. Good day and God bless!

• July 26, 2018 at 11:56 AM by an anonymous user from Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania, United States

I just realized I have been scammed.

• July 24, 2018 at 2:47 PM by an anonymous user from Ventura, California, United States

I answered their list of questions before I realized it was a scam.

What shall I do?

Sharon

• August 28, 2018 at 2:58 AM by an anonymous user from Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

How were you scammed?

• July 24, 2018 at 4:31 PM by info

If you didn't submit your credit card and other sensitive information, just be careful going forward.

• July 17, 2018 at 8:47 PM by an anonymous user from Reigate and Banstead District, England, United Kingdom

BEWARE! An entity has stolen my name/photo and is emailing my friends to become involved in a WCAB (Workers Compensation Appeals Board) scam. Ignore this request! Mahalo.

• July 15, 2018 at 3:07 PM by an anonymous user from Opp, Alabama, United States

You can add 1-323-920-0943 to the list. Was asked to contact an agent named Tommy Smith.

• July 12, 2018 at 6:20 AM by info

Received via email:

"From: "Betty Ann Olo" <betty@mutualunderwriters.com>

Sent: 10 July 2018 14:17

Subject: WCAB Scam

My daughter was approached from a scammer using facebook messenger under a clone FB user Agiga (she is a church friend). The scam provided her the following info:

sarasmith80444@gmail.com

805-330-9055

Agent name: Pedro Lucero

She gave them her personal information as well as our home address and phone number. Her personal info was her bank information and SSN#.

I messaged this scammer and told him I was reporting him in.

Please help and tell me how I can protect my daughter, were very worried that these scammers may come to our home for which I have a sister and elderly mother at home all day."

• July 4, 2018 at 8:05 AM by an anonymous user from Traverse City, Michigan, United States

Hello,

I received a message from a friend saying that he seen my name on the list. However after looking into it further I chose to ignore him.

Here is the name and number of the person that did contact me.

BEWARE of the man Jose Valdez Jimenez 1-405-345-6833 says he is from Ocala, Florida 34473.

Also sent me a picture of a FedEx driver delivering a box with a young lady's name on it this is a SCAM.

I think something needs to be done to catch these people so that the elderly and others don't loose money due to this scam.

• June 19, 2018 at 7:22 AM by an anonymous user from San Antonio, Texas, United States

I received a message from an agent Carter 901-401-0143. He told me that I my name was selected as part of the WCAB to win 90,000.00 and that the money would be sent fed ex. I needed to pay taxes of $569.00 by purchasing an I tunes card.

• June 18, 2018 at 7:11 PM by info

Received email:

"I received info that I have to contact a Cindy Allen 662-269-1527 stating she works for the Federal Government of Workers Compensation Appeals Board and Dept of Human Health Services. Telling me I have money coming to me in the amount of $100,000.00 and that I need to $3450.00 if I want the cash in 6 hours. I received the info from facebook friend. I know this is a scam"

• June 18, 2018 at 3:37 PM by info

Receive via email:

"The "Workers Compensation Board of Appeals (WCAB)/Agent Kelly Moore" scam is alive and well in June 2018.

I am one who is always on the warpath against any type of scam, & I make it a mission to spread the word to others to ALWAYS have those "Scam Alert Antennae" up to stay safe. This time, however, it took me a minute to believe my own antennae and verify that what I was dealing with really was a scam.

He (assuming it was a "he") hacked into the Facebook account of an aunt I don't hear from often and kept his questions, answers, and comments short and generic enough to not trip himself up - even though the conversation did seem odd. He didn't bring up the WCAB right away, but when he did and said he "saw (my) name on the beneficiary list when Fed Ex brought (her) (her) money", my "antennae" prompted me to start asking some questions and continuing the conversation while I searched "WCAB/Agent Kelly Moore" online.

The scam alert popped up immediately, and I replied to his request to call the phone number he gave me immediately by telling him I would actually be giving his info to our local TV station to make sure others didn't fall for the scam. And I did. Hopefully, some would-be victims will at least be protected from this scam and be reminded to keep those "Scam Alert Antennae" up."

• June 15, 2018 at 8:12 PM by an anonymous user from Bells, Texas, United States

I just received a message today with from one of my facebook friends who said that she had just received $80,000 from WCAB and that my name was on the list that she saw. Thank you for the heads up about this scam

• June 15, 2018 at 11:16 AM by an anonymous user from Cassville, New Jersey, United States

I got this from a friend on Facebook claiming it was from the Board of Social Services as well as this organization. I saved the Messenger and told Facebook and told this friend’ s family they were hacked.

The friend who “ wrote” claimed she forwarded to 20 deserving people and I am on the list. I blocked the profile..and muted the messenger...They wrote how people deserve this more than Congress..but UPS would never hand money..and you have notified an agent and I get no services, how am I on a list like that. Disability is not involved.

• June 7, 2018 at 6:48 PM by an anonymous user from Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana

I received an sms that I have won a cash price and gave me some numbers to call and when I called it was one mr.Albert who picked and directed me and gave me some number to call and said that is the head office line which I did.

Some lady picked the call and so many things she told to pay for my Western Union code which is Gh¢92 and again pay for tax and insurance which is Gh¢150 before they can get me all what it takes me to without the money. What so I do now.

• June 7, 2018 at 7:09 PM by info

It is a scam. Do not send the scammers your money.

• May 31, 2018 at 7:35 PM by an anonymous user from Woodville, Mississippi, United States

This is the number of the scammer that contacted my 82 year old grandmother today: 217-396-3408

• May 24, 2018 at 11:30 PM by an anonymous user from Fowler, Colorado, United States

A friend just told me about this "windfall" money. The "agent" is supposedly named Julio Osvaldo. # 760-303-5108. He is supposedly working with the federal govt and Dept of Health and Human Services.

I told him I am going to check him and his "list" out before going any further. My friend put up $800 to receive this money via Fed Ex. She says she got the $100,000 delivered to her.

• June 23, 2018 at 7:09 PM by an anonymous user from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I just had a Facebook friend message me about a $150,000 check he was awarded from some work and comp govmnt agency trying to get me to text someone to get enrolled blah blah blah. It was surely a scam which I messaged my actual friend to let him know he was hacked and he had no clue. These people never stop!

• May 31, 2018 at 4:23 PM by an anonymous user from Needles, California, United States

Your friend got hacked.

• May 25, 2018 at 5:31 AM by info

It is a scam and the person you are talking to may not be your friend.

• May 17, 2018 at 8:54 PM by an anonymous user from La Vernia, Texas, United States

I got same scam today 5-17-18 via facebook messenger. Using a contact I have in my FB account. Telling me he got $90K and I could to as my name was on list.

WCAB and DHHS Government Agencies wish to "Award me'

I played along my hunch figuring something was wrong with "Chucks" English.

( I Suspected SCAM) And Finally after some chat back and forth I was given Mikewinters455@gmail.com as agent I needed to contact

or text him on his mobile ( Yeah Right ) at 1(513)427-2819 and tell him I am ready for my money.. Yeah FU SCAMMERS! Go Shrivel Up and DIE!

• May 14, 2018 at 6:56 PM by an anonymous user from Danville, Virginia, United States

I just got a text from a friend of mind asking had I heard about it. She said she got her money by FedX and saw my name on the list of winners. I as to text, Sarah Roobert at 209-714-7182.

• May 26, 2018 at 2:14 PM by an anonymous user from McDonough, Georgia, United States

The same thing happened to me. She didn't tell me the amount she received or what was required to get the money.

Just that FedX paid the up-front money for her and 7 hours later she received her check and the bank cashed it.

She also saw my name on the list of winners when she received her check. I was suspicious from the start and didn't go any further with it. This came through on Messenger. If it looks too good, beware!!

• May 11, 2018 at 1:42 PM by an anonymous user from Colima, Mexico

I feel so bad for this, because my uncle asked about my data and my mother's data

• May 14, 2018 at 10:57 AM by an anonymous user from Indianapolis, Indiana, United States

I have been contacted by WCAB. A lady named Patricia

What should I do?

• May 14, 2018 at 11:09 AM by info

Ignore them, or report them to the police.

• May 11, 2018 at 1:29 PM by an anonymous user from Colima, Mexico

Today at 6 am, they contacted me, they pretended to be an uncle who lives in USA, I live in Mexico; they told me that my name was on their list, so they give a number and told me that claim my money, fortunately the message could not be sent, so they give me an e-mail direction hemsworthl08@gmail.com, at this point, I still believed that it was my uncle who was speaking, because he told me that he had received the money, so I was such a fool for have contacted by hangouts to this people and and follow the conversation, they said me that Wilson David Lee would help me to send my money, and my "uncle" followed the conversation through facebook messenger, he asked me how much money they were going to give me, that if I was already contacting them and stuff like that.

After this, my "uncle" disconnected from facebook. So they wanted to make me pay the shipping taxes for UPS, and to be honest, I don't have any money or bank accounts, and I told them I could not pay, they wanted to reach an agreement,

they asked me to deposit $ 2000, but as I mentioned,I have no money.

Then, they told me that they helped me by paying $1000; after this, they said "REMEMBER TO KEEP THIS INFORMATION TO YOURSELF WE ARE GOING ON A BREAK WOULD LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I'M BACK", that was two hours ago.

I did not know anything about this type of scam because I live here, so I looked for information about, and found this site, I searched for my real uncle in facebook, and I found his real account, his account had been cloned, maybe he is a victim too, and I left him a message.

Now I can only hope that they don't do anything wrong with my data, although something tells me that it is too late.

• May 9, 2018 at 1:20 PM by an anonymous user from Redford, Michigan, United States

I fell for this cause I didn't know about the scam. They took over 3,000 dollars from me and I want to know how to get it back plus to make people aware of these people.

I usually don't fall for things like this but I had a woman named Ann Lebanon contact me and telling me it wasn't a scam and she even helped me pay the money they wanted.. Juan Banks is the one who told me I was on the list and told me to send the money to Yazan Mike HelmI Diya and then Levar Tremaine told me they were on their way to deliver my money and I'm still waiting.

Please tell me the step I need to take to get this resolved. I'm on disability and can't afford to pay my bills now. Thank you Bernie Camp

• May 9, 2018 at 1:38 PM by info

How did you send the $3,000? Was it via credit card, Western Union, etc?

• May 7, 2018 at 9:22 AM by an anonymous user from Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines

Hello,

I got a message from a woman in the name of Clara Sullivan Staggs and she told me that my name was included to the Winner's list of WCAB and that she received her money amounting of $ 150,000.00.

She gave me two names, she said a claiming agent.

A certain , TERESSE MURPHY contact number 4085506950 and

MARY SMITH an email address marysmith202099@gmail.com

Contact no. 234 425 5442

I hope this information will help you do something to stop all illegal and evil doings.

Carmencita

• May 2, 2018 at 2:56 PM by an anonymous user from Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada

Got the scam message and told the sender off.

• April 30, 2018 at 10:56 AM by an anonymous user from New York, United States

I asked for proof by letting me see the check(that did use my friends Facebook account) and they sent me a picture of 20 - $50 dollar bills and asking for taxes and a delivery fee! When will people learn you don’t SEND $$ to get $$!

• April 28, 2018 at 7:11 AM by an anonymous user from Des Moines, Iowa, United States

I gave them my full name address whether I was married widowed divorced telephone # male or female employment status and income. They want me to get 250.00 I-tune card scratch back and take picture of the back of it and send to them. Then I would get money from ups within days. What do I do can they use my info to hack into my accounts

• April 28, 2018 at 8:30 AM by info

Your account can only be hacked with your username, password, or other credentials, not with your personal information.

• April 24, 2018 at 12:13 AM by an anonymous user from Norfolk, Virginia, United States

Hello, I was just a victim of this and unfortunately I gave them my info n then I looked it up and saw this!! So what do I do now😔

• April 24, 2018 at 1:04 AM by info

If you gave them personal information, then they will contact you and attempt to scam you, so just be careful next time. If you gave them credit card or other financial information, please contact your bank for help.

• April 19, 2018 at 1:40 PM by an anonymous user from Gardner, Kansas, United States

my friends facebook was hacked, I know that now, but not at the time. I was contacted by text msg from her about this money winnings. a fake text account. I am out 30,000 because of this. Don't fall for it.

• April 16, 2018 at 1:41 PM by an anonymous user from St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Happened to me yesterday. I thought it was from a good friend. I send a copy of driver's lic. They are still trying to contact me now to send $720 to someone in Maryland.

• April 16, 2018 at 1:09 PM by an anonymous user from Bedminster, New Jersey, United States

Just had it happen to me. Wouldn't let me view my aunt's profile so multi-screened with her real messenger up. Even replied with this link; ok show I knew it was a scam.

The scammer opens up a conversation with hope your life is going well they will ask if I heard the news yet. When response goes into the whole seen your name in recipients ledger(1st clue was a scam as your info wouldn't be on a ledger for others to see. Then when responding with know its a scam they try to convince. Blocked end of story.

• April 11, 2018 at 4:53 PM by an anonymous user from Mesa, Arizona, United States

I too, received a message on facebook messenger using a profile that actually he was related too someone I knew. Very persistant, told me all about , I kept asking him questions about the family , at one point he said why so many questions.

Then he gave me the number to text 347 455-0135. Got a hold of them I asked her name which was Linda from new York. Wanted me to do money grams or western union , I told her I cannot . Then asked for Itune cards. I thought I would play around and have some fun.

I took pics of used Itunes cards and after several hours which I think she was getting tired of me. I sent them thru e-mail. She comes back a few mins and said " they are all used"? Why would you do that'? I said this is a scam you do not send money to get money ? " She said " do you want your winnings to go to someone else ? I said No a victim you mean. Leave people alone and quit using fake profiles. This is a scam, I told her.

I think these people are so brainwashed they don't listen to nobody. I told her that I would contact the Attorney General in New Your if she doesn't leave me alone. They wanted $750.00 and the delivery guy would give me $150.000 in cash, yeah right.

• April 11, 2018 at 6:16 AM by an anonymous user from Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia

I received a message from a friend who claims she had won $200:000, her money was delivered to her after she went through all the formalities, thought I would try it as my name was on the list.

First I was asked to pay $4550:00 for tax , delivery of the winning cash,and compensation,which I paid, then when as the procedure progresses, and got to the end, I was t;hen asked to pay 9,000 :00 for certificate for money to be delivered.

I said I don't have that amount, and unable to raise that amount, so I ordered that the amount of money paid be returned to me,he kept on persisting the extra be paid, is this a scam or should take notice of my friend and continuing to raise the extra, have I lost my money.

I will expose him if I don't get it back.

• April 11, 2018 at 6:35 AM by info

It is a scam.

• April 11, 2018 at 1:35 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"PROMOTIONAL SUPPOTIVE PROGRAM

ASSURANCE LETTER Congratulations to you dear Federal Department Of Health And Worker's Compensation Appeal Board (HAWCAB) winners In conjuction with Facebook .

This is an approval letter to show the authentieity of your winnings.

This is to also assure you that a total some of One Hundred Thousand United State Dollars($100.000.00) has been issued to your name. Meanwhile toclaim your winnings, We have officially assigned one of our accredited Agent to guide you through the claim proceed in order to recieve your winning like other winners.

All that is reguired of you is to follow the easy and simple procedure given to you by the Agent assigned to you so that you can have your winnings delivered to you

Thank .

WORLD BANK REP. BEN HOGAN

N. I Pe e WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YIU AS ONE OF OUR LUCKY WINNER"

• April 4, 2018 at 4:17 AM by an anonymous user from Ashburn, Virginia, United States

This is in reguards to the The Green Energy Grant (GEG) and Federal Government department of Workers and Retired Compensation Appeals Board Grants (WCABG)

I’m not even sure if they can be caught or if anyone of this site can do anything about it... but the people that are asking for the money to be sent are

Name:ETIENE ANTOINE SAMUEL

City:HOUSTON

State: TEXAS

Zip code:77083

USA

And

Name:TANDI FADEL DICKSON

City:HOUSTON

State:TEXAS

Zip code:77083

USA

• March 29, 2018 at 6:20 AM by an anonymous user from Tallahassee, Florida, United States

Thank you for keeping us update on The "Workers Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB)" Scam.

• April 2, 2018 at 10:12 PM by an anonymous user from Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States

How do you know if your winning is legitimate

• April 2, 2018 at 10:37 PM by info

Remember, if you are asked to send money or personal information in order to receive a lottery prize, it is a scam.

• March 26, 2018 at 1:23 PM by an anonymous user from Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands

"ALERT

Williams Jay active on Facebook.

Following text was from out this person:

YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE WORKERS COMPENSATION APPEAL BOARD (WCAB) 2018/19, GIVE ME YOUR FULL NAME AND HOME ADDRESS TO CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM

THE GRANT..."

Do not react it is fake id theft!

• March 21, 2018 at 5:57 PM by an anonymous user from Huntsville, Alabama, United States

I just received a Facebook Messenger message from someone who spoofed a friend of mine's Facebook profile, because it looked like it was coming from my real friend.

He (or she) said that he had received money from a WCAB promotional program, and he told me to text Charles Noon at 304-805-6396 to find out how to get my money.

I started asking him personal questions because I knew it wasn't really my friend, and he said, "Don't ask me unnecessary questions if you don't need your money just pass it". I reported the message to Facebook as spam.

• March 21, 2018 at 2:03 PM by an anonymous user from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My uncle had his FB account hacked. And they have another FB account set up to scam. They are using Kenneth Moore Sr. As a set up too. Watch out ppl; need to catch these fools.

Here is the scam:

"Have you heard about Federal Government department of Workers Compensation Appeals Board I got $50,000.00 cash from the Federal Government department of Workers Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB) hxxps://www.facebook.com/kennethmooresr1992 just click on the link to add him as a friend on Facebook and let me know once u add him as a friend so that I can tell u what next to do"

• March 19, 2018 at 7:35 PM by an anonymous user from Richardson, Texas, United States

Hello. Today I was sent a message on Facebook by an Alan Grayson who said he was an attorney for IMF Grant..It is a scam. Do not give this man any information.

• March 14, 2018 at 9:59 AM by an anonymous user from Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Here is another scam:

"(Your attention needed)

Fund available

Federal Government department of Workers and Retired, Compensation Appeals Board.

FROM (WCAB)"

• March 14, 2018 at 2:43 AM by an anonymous user from Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

here is the Manager text and number: 15307984962

"Just text the delivery agent a friend told you about the on going mega bonus , you are ready to claim"

they want me to message that number

• March 14, 2018 at 2:40 AM by an anonymous user from Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

Im from philippines, have 3 american send me wcab im winner to wcab; they always message me

• March 10, 2018 at 10:16 PM by an anonymous user from Dallas, Texas, United States

I was scammed out of 400 dollars by a guy named richard loe in Johnstown Pa. I want my money back please help

• March 8, 2018 at 1:32 AM by info

Phone # given by WCAB 864-713-0604

• March 7, 2018 at 10:14 AM by an anonymous user from Clayton, North Carolina, United States

I got a text regarding this. I have my name and phone number. I told them afterward I was going to check further before giving them more info. Can they do anything with that info. What can I do?

• March 7, 2018 at 10:27 AM by info

They will contact you and attempt to scam you, so just ignore them.

• March 1, 2018 at 10:13 PM by an anonymous user from Houston, Texas, United States

I received this message from Health and Human Services posing as a church member. Some how I got sucked into giving my name, age, email address address and phone number.

I felt uncomfortable about telling them my monthly income. When I looked at the profile I realized there were not real because they did not have the mutual friends I did.

• February 23, 2018 at 3:09 AM by an anonymous user from Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I received the same message but gave information will this harm me

• February 21, 2018 at 6:27 PM by an anonymous user from Panama City, Florida, United States

I received the same thing from a personal friend telling me he had received 50000.00 and wanted to know if I had received mine. I told him I didn’t know what he was talking about. He sent me the agents name Kathy Powell at 334-569-6949 and told me to send her a message to see if my name was still on list.

He has my name and phone number as it is on FB also, said he would send it to Agent. He sent all this to my messenger. I googled it and read that it’s a scam.

But I did not give him any information that he couldn’t have got off of my FB wall.

I don’t know what to do about this or if I should do anything?

Linda

• February 2, 2018 at 10:23 AM by info

Received via email:

"I am Writing this email in regards to facebook scam alert on wcabfacebook scam my friend texts me saying she won $60 thousand on wcab board and my name was on lists. is this a scam because I thought my friend was telling me the truth so I sent almost 5000 dollars each time got no money.Turn into federal trade commission just texts me again today. The agent says he works for wcab board.

Blanche "

• February 1, 2018 at 7:35 AM by an anonymous user from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I just got one from a guy named jim winters he friended me on facebook and gave me a phone number to text but I called and no anwser

• February 8, 2018 at 3:14 PM by an anonymous user from Des Moines, Iowa, United States

I got the same kind of scam but they used a cousin of mines on messenger; he said he won $90,000 but it was not because I am trying to get in touch with California wcba.

I believe it is to let them know about it and have not had any luck getting to talk to anybody on the phone

• January 21, 2018 at 9:34 PM by info

Received via email:

"Hello,

I messaged a friend on Facebook and received a reply with information to contact this guy to receive money only after paying a fee. I did not provide any information and am reporting it to you. This is some information I received and his phone number to text to get money:

"THIS IS AGENT MITT GRAM, I WORK FOR WORKER'S COMPENSATION APPEAL BOARD [WCAB].

Phone number

502-512-1131

THIS DONE YOUR WINNING MONEY ($50,000.00 ) AND YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY 24 HOURS AFTER PAYING THE FEE."

• January 18, 2018 at 5:16 AM by an anonymous user from High Springs, Florida, United States

"I’m Susan from the WCAB, I’m here to confirm if your cash funds has been delivered to you...."

This is a messaged we received last night, we are not even friends with her. Is this a scam?

• January 18, 2018 at 6:32 AM by info

Yes, it is a scam.

• December 14, 2017 at 1:11 PM by an anonymous user from Hyde Park, New York, United States

A friend of mine got in touch with me about this beneficiary list and told me to call..so I did. This woman Mary Rogers said congratulations you have been chosen to receive $100,000,000 ...my friend said he already got his money and that it’s not a scam...I didn’t do anything yet, but he said he sent $700 in for delivery and processing of the money.. she said it from the WCAB

• December 14, 2017 at 1:25 PM by info

It is a scam. The scammers steal money from their potential victims by asking them to send money for delivery and processing fees before they will receive their so-called compensation. But, if the victims send their money, the scammers will take it and disappear without delivering what they have promised.

"Workers Compensation Appeal Board (WCAB)" Facebook Scam