No internet connection

No Internet Connection Detected

"Facebook Group Email Addresses" Lottery Scams

Facebook users who have received messages like the one below," which claim that they are winners in the Facebook email address lottery, are asked to delete them. They should also not follow the instructions in them. This is because the messages are lottery scams sent by scammers to trick Facebook users into believing that they have won some so-called Facebook Group lottery.

Facebook Group Email Addresses Lottery Scams

The scammers will then ask Facebook users to send money, which they will claim is for taxes, fees, or for some form of charges, in order to claim their prizes. But, there is no such Facebook lottery or promotion. And, once the lottery scammers receive their victims' money, they will disappear, leaving the victims broke, fustrated and depress. Some of the lottery scammers may continue to scam the same victims by telling them some bogus story, in order to convince them to send more money.

The Facebook Lottery Scam

Dear Winner,

This is real and not a joke or spam message. We wish to congratulate you once again on your victory as one of the Facebook Winners which emanated from random selection of email addresses from different email domains which your email address emerged a second class winning position of 900,000USD.

In order to claim this winning {900,000USD} , you are expected to come to our office at 129 PENNSYLVANIA AVE NW, STE 8000 WASHINGTON DC, USA to sign A PAYMENT RELEASE ORDER WITHIN 14 DAYS EXPIRATION. In this option, No fee's required by any winner and Impersonation is not tolerated. That is to say, No third party should stand on behalf of any winner to claim his or her money. This is to avoid fraud of any type.

But winners should bear in mind that, transportation expenses and hotel reservations{Accommodations} will be settled by the winner.

On the contrary, winners who could not come over to US for Cash Payment, should give a reasonable excuse to enable us give them a second and secured option {TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER OPTION}, that will help them receive their funds within 3days.

We have also attached your winning Certificate herein. Original copy will be sent to your address alongside FACEBOOK PAYMENT CONFIRMATION CERTIFICATE via DHL as soon as you claim your money is credited to your nominated account.

SEND US YOUR FULL DETAILS, Name , Address , Nationality, Occupation,Telephone number, Gender.

Yours in service

Lucas Swat

Facebook Group

Regional Representative

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

Would you share this article with others?  +

• May 24, 2017 at 9:12 PM by an anonymous user from: New York, United States

I currently have someone stating I won $600,000usd to pay $300 to Fedex to have my package mailed to my doorstep.now I've been approached by several people about this, one of them being CEO of FB.

• May 23, 2017 at 8:36 AM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

I am a Facebook Lottery winner for $200,000 but they want $350 to process payment. Tthe message is from Facebook Lottery International.

• May 23, 2017 at 9:45 AM by info

It is a scam, there is no Facebook. Remember, once you are asked to send money in order to receive a lottery prize, it is a scam.

• May 16, 2017 at 2:01 PM by an anonymous user from: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

Marry Sevalles claimed I won 500,000 dollar...is this true?

• May 16, 2017 at 2:11 PM by info

No, it is not true. It is a lottery scam.

• May 12, 2017 at 6:13 AM by an anonymous user from: Dallas, Texas, United States

Hi, do friends get hacked to tell people they won this? being as I have never heard of this and know it doesn't exist.

• May 12, 2017 at 7:36 AM by info

Yes, cybercriminals are tricking Facebook users into visiting phishing websites that will steal their account usernames and passwords.

Once the cybercriminals have gotten the stolen account usernames and passwords, they will gain access to the accounts and use them to send fraudulent messages to the owners' Facebook friends.

Once the friends receive the messages they will think it is legitimate because it came from their friends.

This is why Facebook users should always contact friends via phone or ask questions only their friends know the answer to, to verify the authenticity of a message.

• May 11, 2017 at 7:29 AM by an anonymous user from: Show Low, Arizona, United States

G.m, so there is no such Facebook lottery that exist?

• May 11, 2017 at 7:59 AM by info

Yes, there is no Facebook lottery.

• May 6, 2017 at 8:41 AM by an anonymous user from: Norman, Oklahoma, United States

I got some saying I am a winner.

• May 4, 2017 at 8:19 PM by an anonymous user from: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

My sister just got scammed into sending $850 to collect her winnings which yes she did...leaving her with no money to survive for the fortnight- including rent. She kept this confidential as instructed. My sister has an intellectual disability so she had no idea she was being conned. Now what do we do? She absolutely devastated 😩

• May 11, 2017 at 7:31 AM by an anonymous user from: Show Low, Arizona, United States

I got a message saying facebook lottery winner for 60000. But i have to send 300 for shipping and signing fee.

• May 11, 2017 at 8:00 AM by info

It is a lottery scam, there is no Facebook lottery.

• April 25, 2017 at 2:54 AM by an anonymous user from: Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States

Is there such a thing a thing as facebook lottery?

• April 25, 2017 at 6:05 AM by info

No, there is no such lottery.

• March 13, 2017 at 5:06 PM by an anonymous user from: Akron, Ohio, United States

I was told I won 500,000 dollar's for a promotion on facebook but I need to send 100 for delivery by FedEx.

• March 13, 2017 at 5:10 PM by info

Once you asked to send a fee or money, it is a scam.

• March 2, 2017 at 10:09 PM by an anonymous user from: DeLand, Florida, United States

I just got one from Santana Miller,she said she is a Facebook lottery agent and that I won a truck and 250,000.00.

• March 3, 2017 at 4:28 AM by info

It is a scam. There is no Facebook lottery or lottery agent.

• February 13, 2017 at 8:29 PM by an anonymous user from: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

One used my cousin's FB picture page and pretended it was him, and guy named David Brown SR. I did not give money of course but I did give them my address and phone number; makes me feel dumb! Also the person that text me supposedly was the ups manager John Smith.

• February 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM by an anonymous user from: New York, United States

They gave me a tracking number which I called FedEx and was verified that is was in fact a legitimate tracking number, but it's being sent to a PO Box, so it won't go to me if I pay the fee, it will get shipped back because they don't deliver to PO boxes.

The names of people who tried to scam me are John Williams, agent Shirley and Coffin Ann something.

• February 12, 2017 at 11:20 AM by an anonymous user from: Memphis, Tennessee, United States

Husband Garry Grow Sr was called and they said he won 650,000,000 dollars from Facebook promotion lottery,and we are to send money. Please let us know if its real please, before we have to send them 5000 dollars to get it. Thank you.

• February 16, 2017 at 5:48 PM by an anonymous user from: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

It's a scam, DONT SEND NOTHING my dear friend... they are scammers and hoping you are naive.

• February 12, 2017 at 11:25 AM by info

It is a scam . Remember, there is no Facebook lottery.

• February 8, 2017 at 3:38 PM by an anonymous user from: Southbridge, Massachusetts, United States

Just got message from a friend and called number but realized when they said I won $50,000.00 that they were scammers. They got on messenger with a friend; can you do anything?

They now have my name and phone number cause I texted them.

• March 4, 2017 at 2:42 AM by an anonymous user from: Auckland, New Zealand

How do I get my $money back.

• March 4, 2017 at 3:11 AM by info

How did you made payment to them. Was it with your credit card, or via money transfer services like Western Union?

• February 8, 2017 at 7:56 PM by info

They will contact you, so just be careful next time.

"Facebook Group Email Addresses" Lottery Scams